Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

ArcSys OST Discussion

Faust's nationality is such a small aspect of him that most people don't even know about it, so I'm not sure why his theme should have any Chinese motives in it. That's like asking for Spanish guitar in Zato's theme: there are better and more important things to represent there before that (although if Ishiwatari does that AND uses some Spanish guitar in a way that doesn't clash with the rest of the song, no one would object).

No, but its nixe thar it seems like he's acknowledging ir. Also zato with acoustic (:D`) might not fit cause of metal his theme is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I don't think I've heard a single theme by Ishiwatari where he's used a single Spanish guitar and the like. So now I'm suddenly thinking of what it would sound like if he did Mariachi! XD

Tsubaki has a little acoustic in her CP theme, hell it was an entire riff

Well, even if you don't like Chipp's or I-no's KR themes, as character themes, I honestly don't see how one would say "no" to Eddie's Dementia. It's just as compatible to his character as Feel a Fear, just with some added tones of demented "spookiness." Hell, I associate Eddie with the former than the latter.

Well it doesn't matter that much now that we have Zato returned :keke:

Also I have another joker under my sleeve. Riding the Clouds. Do you really think that it's a fitting theme for Anji?

Also Baiken (ain't this shit from NFS?), Dizzy (similar in structure but the mood is too different) etc.

Well it doesn't matter that much now that we have Zato returned :keke:

Also I have another joker under my sleeve. Riding the Clouds. Do you really think that it's a fitting theme for Anji?

Also Baiken (ain't this shit from NFS?), Dizzy (similar in structure but the mood is too different) etc.

Rising the Clouds is admittedly not quite fitting, unless you consider him siding with That Man.

Ricochet...I'm mixed on this one. It seriously shouldn't fit Baiken, but contextually speaking, it kinda does. A low-tempered, highly aggressive avenger who will kill anyone just to get to That Man. I guess it's because the artist chose the wrong instruments for this.

Tears are Forever. Necro's theme. That is all.

Cuz its too gewd:D honestly I like the loop, unlike how it cuts off for chipps theme

Tsubaki has a little acoustic in her CP theme, hell it was an entire riff

That wasn't Ishiwatari, though. That was the Galneryus-dude.

Is that right? I did not even know were to look for the composers

All the arrangements of the old themes were done by Yuhki from Galneryus, while Ishiwatari just did the new themes.

Well I guess ishawatari never really used a latin based sound then, unless you wanna count millia and zatos new versus theme, even then its acoustic at the beginning

Well I guess ishawatari never really used a latin based sound then, unless you wanna count millia and zatos new versus theme, even then its acoustic at the beginning

Yes, acoustic, he's used before. But not spanish style.

The more I listen to the new Millia vs Zato theme the more I like it. Still in the Dark will always be my favorite VS theme, but this feels like a nice progression for their relationship. Longing, but conflicted.

The new versus themes have a nice ring to them, its nice that they have a similar feeling without being carbon copies of the older themes. Apart from that Chipp's new theme has grown on me

Got a better listen to Faust's theme earlier

If ya listen to the main bridge closely you'll hear what I believe is a different tuned riff of the main riffs of suspicious cook

I think what daisuke was trying to go with there was trying to show he's still baldhead's despite his reform. That or it was a helluva callback like I noted with the keep yourself alive bit from sol's theme

I wanna like sol's theme more, but there are a lot of time were it, idk like drops:/ still a great theme. It is nice however that daisuke is bringing homage (it seems) with this nee soumdtraxk

Yo, I haven't been through the whole thread, so I'm not sure if this was asked, but does anybody know how Guilty Gear: The Missing Link's music was arranged/performed/recorded/sequenced/whatever-it-was? I really like the sound of the guitar, and I'd love to make original tunes in that style, but I'm not sure how I'd go about it.

Daisuke's first guilty gear, so I think he was the composer

Oh man, that guitar. I'd say it's something along the lines of a midi that's been edited with various effects, then added into the song as a separate "sound-file" of it's own. GG1's soundtrack has a real pre-recorded guitar in a few tracks, so it kinda proves that the tracks don't consist of pure midi. 

Recreating that might be hard, as I have no idea just what kind of sound he used as a base and what effects he used to make it sound like it did. So a lot of trial and error would be needed to make something that sounds similar. But then again, that might lead to you finding some other style you like as well. ;)

Nice. Do you know tHe rest?

Sorry, I don't. Only those 2 plus the short version of Heavy Day have been officially put up on Animelo mix.