Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

ArcSys OST Discussion

Okay, so apparently someone ripped the songs outta the PSN PS3 version of the game.... and that Leo song is the legit deal.

Which makes me wonder what the fuck's going on. I mean, if that shit's fake, someone put a good amount of effort on what amounts to a legit sounding fake.

Does the vocal collection feature the track that plays during the assault on the Cradle? That part was so hype.

Also, am I the only one disappointed with the lack of a proper console opening? (Or am I stupid and failed to find it? It's not on the title screen or in the gallery...) We have the song, dammit, a simple montage would've been enough.

Does the vocal collection feature the track that plays during the assault on the Cradle? That part was so hype.

It's "Storyteller." I already posted that here. And I'm pretty sure it does come with the collection or everyone's been uploading the rip version of these songs.

Also, am I the only one disappointed with the lack of a proper console opening? (Or am I stupid and failed to find it? It's not on the title screen or in the gallery...) We have the song, dammit, a simple montage would've been enough.

Yeah, the console opening is some story thing, and then after that the arcade opening, so yeah, its more or less not really a proper Console Opening, more likely half/half on that.

So lemme just say Big Blast Sonic's lyrics are surprisngly deep. Don't get me wrong, it's still got that layer of engrishy cheese but yeah, I was surprised by it. I think it's my favourite vocal track. The beat is also very well done, it has a level of intensity I kinda wish Ride the Fire had.

Nothing concrete, just what I can hear when listening to it a million times. Like the lines about life being filled with tough answers to swallow, and you'll find yourself being eaten, stuff like that I just thought was pretty good.

Thoughts on GGxBB Music Live 2014.

-SIX-HEROES redefines the word "godlike".

-The piano and violin solo in Does the Sheep Count Sheep is just beautiful.

-Both Black & White and Lily of Steel were perfect.

-Starry Story has an awesome new solo section for each instrument.

-Sector7 sounds a lot grittier without synthetic drums.

-Tsuyoshi Koyama's performance, unfortunately, was not as good as the last concert. Lost his voice near the end of Reppuu again, except WAY worse than last time.

-Toa Yukinari's performance seemed like she was a bit nervous throughout the whole thing.

-Diva was perfect.

-Dissonance was way better than the original. Sounds even more like a Guilty Gear song when performed live.

-Still in the Dark was pretty much the same as last time.

-in JUSTICE has a new keyboard solo after the 2nd verse, and sounded even more beautiful.

-Ride the Fire was perfect.

-Unfortunately, it seemed as though Hashimoto ran out of steam earlier than expected. Lily's vocals sounded like he was really tired out, and he forgot the last verse.

-Heavy Day was better, but he still sounded really tired.

-Re-Coming, UHD, Rebellion, and Holy Orders were pretty much the same as the Arc Live versions, except they were able to keep the same tempo this time.

-Magnolia Eclair sounded great.

-The credits, amusingly enough, play the proper last verse to Lily. I wonder if they put that in there intentionally for Hashimoto.

Overall, I give it an 8/10. Good, but not as good as the one from 2011. A lot of the performances just sounded OK, lacking the oomph that was present in the last one.

Thoughts on GGxBB Music Live 2014.

-SIX-HEROES redefines the word "godlike".

-Both Black & White and Lily of Steel were perfect.

-Starry Story has an awesome new solo section for each instrument.

-Sector7 sounds a lot grittier without synthetic drums.

-Tsuyoshi Koyama's performance, unfortunately, was not as good as the last concert. Lost his voice near the end of Reppuu again, except WAY worse than last time.

-Toa Yukinari's performance seemed like she was a bit nervous throughout the whole thing.

-Diva was perfect.

-Dissonance was way better than the original. Sounds even more like a Guilty Gear song when performed live.

-Still in the Dark was pretty much the same as last time.

-in JUSTICE has a new keyboard solo after the 2nd verse, and sounded even more beautiful.

-Unfortunately, it seemed as though Hashimoto ran out of steam earlier than expected. Lily's vocals sounded like he was really tired out, and he forgot the last verse.

-Re-Coming, UHD, Rebellion, and Holy Orders were pretty much the same as the Arc Live versions, except they were able to keep the same tempo this time.

-Magnolia Eclair sounded great.

-The credits, amusingly enough, play the proper last verse to Lily. I wonder if they put that in there intentionally for Hashimoto.

Overall, I give it an 8/10. Good, but not as good as the one from 2011. A lot of the performances just sounded OK, lacking the oomph that was present in the last one.

Now I am intrigued for a few select songs.

I'm definitely excited for Lily though personally, song's been stuck in my head for a while and I've been singing it myself too in truth

Koyama taking off his jacket and keeping the scarf was absolutely amazing. Daisuke coming in the middle of Heavy Days was too hype. Yukinari was just overall adorable and her vocals were beautiful. I loved every moment of this concert. Especially Starry Story, Sector 7 and Diva.

I think he was pretty awful in all of them. In general the concert was bad when it comes to vocals.

I heard some rumors about the Sound quality being really bad in the Digital version of GGXrd.

Does anyone who has a copy know if they reduced the music quality in the disc version or is it just the digital version that compressed the music?

I heard the audio was very low quality / very 'tinny' sounding.

I heard some rumors about the Sound quality being really bad in the Digital version of GGXrd.

Does anyone who has a copy know if they reduced the music quality in the disc version or is it just the digital version that compressed the music?

I heard the audio was very low quality / very 'tinny' sounding.

I can't compare it to the disc version, but I know my sound design and production a bit, and digital PS3 Xrd sounds fine.

About the 2014 live, Ride the Fire was way grittier which sounded just perfect. Sector 7 was badass too with the live drumwork.

I'm glad to see the same folks behind this performance as well but I do feel kinda disappointed that the crew didn't really improve their stage performance like Ishiwatari wanted (he said so after the 2011 concert in Bururaji), most of the time the crew focused on playing and didn't interact with the audience (except the singers).

The songs themselves were excellent.

Song as a whole is hella raw. And I thought it could not get any better.

How are you guys watching this? Did you order the DVD from ebten? I want this so bad. :(

A good japanese person sold it on ebay. Just search it up there, and you should see two different people selling it.

I can't compare it to the disc version, but I know my sound design and production a bit, and digital PS3 Xrd sounds fine.

According to what I heard, the GGXrd audio tracks aren't as noticeably compressed as the extra tracks, namely GG2 and GGXX songs you unlock in the game.

Guess I'll just wait for GGXrd OST to come out to be sure...

According to what I heard, the GGXrd audio tracks aren't as noticeably compressed as the extra tracks, namely GG2 and GGXX songs you unlock in the game.

Guess I'll just wait for GGXrd OST to come out to be sure...

The classic tracks do sound bad, but it's not just being compressed - they simply were recorded and produced poorly. Hell, Chronophantasma was the first Arc game with a well produced soundtrack - the rest was between average and plain bad.

Xrd tracks sound fine.