Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

ArcSys OST Discussion

Speaking of song names, does anyone know the BBCF themes names?

Also, Izanami's theme is one of the hypest things to ever happen in this series.

It's not found yet. I'm hoping Naoto's theme name is something similar to Ragna's "Rebellion," like "Resistance" or something. I'm probably the only one around here not all that hyped about Izanami's theme, not that I think it's bad or anything. I guess with her being "Hades of Izanami" I thought (a little) that she'd have a theme that's as epic as it is haunting, but I digress.

1 hour ago, Calamitus said:

I expected Izanami's theme to be more sinister and dark, something like metal version of maleficus.

It could still be. For all we know it could be like 8 minutes long and have 3 separate solo sections since it sounds like an RPG final boss theme.

On 21.1.2016 at 9:16 AM, Calamitus said:

It's sad that they did not include GG Judgment soundtrack.

That's most likely because it's the only GG-game with a soundtrack where Ishiwatari didn't make a thing. It was all Kennosuke Suemura.

11 hours ago, Vulcan422 said:

I expect Naoto's theme name to be something cheesy and generic like "Raging/Burning Blood".

There is a joke to be had here about "Blood Pain" being the mirror match BGM and Naoto being a mirror match for Ragna, but I'm drawing a blank.

Not 100% related to Daisuke's music or related at all but I guess is fair to post it.

Singer Faylan Goes on Extended Hiatus Due to Autoimmune Disease

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-01-26/singer-faylan-goes-on-extended-hiatus-due-to-autoimmune-disease/.98015

I enjoyed all her songs attached to Blazblue stuff, anime or game, wish her a speedy recovery.

I'm guessing console CF will have a new singer for the OP then? Since I assume Faylan won't be well enough to work on one; autoimmune disease is pretty bad.

I hope she gets well quickly.

Damn, first Kawada Mami's retirement, and now this? Hope she gets better soon, indeed, especially since her BuruRaji skits made her look like a very nice person.

As for the console OP performer, I would still like KOTOKO to perform another one, since CT OP was my favorite, but it will probably be Mingosu, yeah.

So yeah... It's true. Nine VS Kokonoe Theme was added with Act 2 (according to comments same song also plays during Nine VS Celica). Only saw this short clip during Maxim Hero's Nico stream today. Can't really say much about the song with this short clip, but I certainly wouldn't have expected a choir...

Yeah, I've been hearing about both a Nine VS Kokonoe theme and a Nine VS Celica theme from all sorts of people (including Shikkoku, a Celica player) and Hyakuhachi-san posted on twitter that after having another listen they were both the same.

Don't know why but it reminds me almost of DOOM. If it weren't for the choir I could imagine myself shooting up Imps and Zombiemen to this track.

Hey folks;

After a conversation with a buddy at my scene, I'm curious what others have to say about the following pretentious question:

Do you think now that BB has 15 Vs themes, that they have lost their significance?

I for one, feel they are not only great additions to the OST, but add to the atmosphere of the game.

He argued that if " now everyone and their mother has one" (literally because of Nine and Kokonoe; his joke not mine), then they lose their impact (he cited the fact Ragna has 5 different ones).

Admittedly, he had a point when he called me out for being willing to accept pretty much any possible Vs themes (is it so wrong to want a Saya Clone group Vs theme?). We both agreed Daisuke's/Arc Sys compositions for BB were mostly great though. 

I mean, Vs. themes signify that the characters involved in the match have a significant relationship to each other, so really...its kinda of hard for them to lose their impact unless the characters themselves don't have much in the way of a relationship. Going down the list of Vs. themes and the character relationships in them, they all seem pretty justified to an extent. 

• Under Heaven Destruction: Ragna & Jin, literally two of the main characters and the primary rivalry in the series. This goes without saying.
  • Imperial Code: Jin vs. Noel, slightly less justified after CT, but Jin still hates her regardless so maybe?
  • White Requiem: Ragna & Rachel have the whole "servant and master" thing going on
  • Weak Executioner: Litchi tryin to save her blob husbando.
  • Nightmare Fiction: No way Ragna and his arch enemy don't deserve a special theme, although its slightly odd since Terumi is his own character now...and yet the two still don't have this theme. 
  • Memory of Tears: Tsubaki had the whole jealousy against Noel going on, plus they're Bff's. 
  • Childish Killer: Jin & Tsubaki got that whole Anime childhood friendship/romance going on.
  • X-Matic: Father and Son, and the father is a massive asshat towards his son in this case.
  • Black & White: Same deal as Ragna & Jin, really came late though as it was more appropriate back in CT. Better late than never though.
  • Six Heroes: Given the fact that they're becoming more central to the plot and becoming playable characters in their own right, its not unjustified. (Trinity and Jubei when :V)
  • Sector 7: This one is hilarious because out of the characters that have this theme, only one of them even gives a damn about Sector 7 and barely at that. 
  • In-JUSTICE: Pretty much a parallel to Jin & Tsubaki, but replace "Childhood friendship/romance" with Atonement and hero worship.
  • Dissonance: This one is sort of justified retroactively (Thanks Bloodedge experience :V) 
  • Ragna vs. Izanami: Brother and Sister, main hero and main villain, yadda yadda (still wondering why Jin doesn't have this theme against her :V)
  • Kokonoe/Celica vs. Nine: Mother, her daughter, and her sister. It's kind of hard not to justify this, especially since Nine has kind of gone off the deep-end. 

Yeah, I'm still wondering why Imperial Code is a thing yet there's no Jin vs Saya theme at the moment. Jin's hatred towards Noel stems from the fact that she looks like Saya (lol clone) but now that the real one is here, there's no versus theme.  FeelsBadMan, hopefully it'll become a thing during CFEX. 

Guess Izanami and Jin don't care about each other and nightmare fiction in cp and cf only plays for ragna and Hazama but not terumi escially since Hazama kinda lost his relavence to the other characters after terumi split from him.