Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

ArcSys OST Discussion

I would really liked that the OG versions of the GG1 tracks (save for Black Soul) instead of the remasters, but okay.

At least Kagematsuri and Worthless as the Sun above the Clouds are here.

Hmm, so Conclusion is arranged huh?  I wonder if they edited out the 'footsteps' in the intro.

Still, No Mercy and Re-Coming are ideal, and Fatal Duel is a bonus.

Only concerns I now have are Dizzy's new and old themes (GGX Awe of She is superior to GGXX ver.) and Story DLC.

Listening to "The Tuner". It's quite an interesting theme for a tech lady controlling a giant android. I still prefer "Tsuki no Shihai", but that'll probably be until I hear the other new vocals in -REVELATOR-

Speaking of new themes from ASW, did anyone ever hear the Nine/Kokonoe/Celica VS theme? It's fitting for Nine VS Kokopuffs, but Celica, not so much. :v:

17 hours ago, Kyosuke Kagami said:

Quick question: can you get themes from fishing? Maybe In Slave's Glory is there.

Yes, but I don't believe there are fishing exclusive items. It's just a potential way to get things for a cheaper amount of Wmonies.

And as of now, I am now officially hooked on "Tsuki no Shihai", "Sky Should Be High", AND "The Tuner". [As well as BB's "Jaeger", "Walpurgisnact", "Black Onslaught II", and still my favorite VS theme since CP, "Imperial Code II"]

I wonder what Es' theme will be like... [given I'm not too familiar with the XBlaze series]

22 hours ago, BlazGearRegalia said:

Did anyone ever hear the Nine/Kokonoe/Celica VS theme? It's fitting for Nine VS Kokopuffs, but Celica, not so much. :v:

I didn't, as more as I search for a decent hearing of it, I JUST CAN'T FIND IT!!!! :arg:

The Tuner and The Moon's Domination (TSUKI NO SHIHAI) are both absolutely amazing. A lot of the new songs in -REVELATOR- sound more like classic Guilty Gear music. Some of the original songs from -SIGN- still have that sort of BlazBlue feel to them.

I would be super happy about "Pride and Glory" in Revelator per DLC or something, as that theme is best theme.

As for Es' theme in Central Fiction, while XBlaze had some super sick tracks like "A Time of Death" or "Follower Bathed in Blood", Es herself already had a theme (called "XBLAZE"), which I'm not really digging, but I could imagine her CF theme either being an awesome remixed version or just inspired by it.

20 minutes ago, Steve-Fiction said:

Es herself already had a theme (called "XBLAZE")

I wouldn't say that XBLAZE is Es' battle theme, is the song for the entire Xblaze series(it was in the first PV for Xblaze) and a general battle theme for the game(in Magical Beat, this song's opponent is Touya not Es).
If one there should be a battle theme for Es in Xblaze, it would actually be "Haste".

But anyway, I think it would be an all new song, these doesn't really fit as fighting game music IMHO.

25 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

I wouldn't say that XBLAZE is Es' battle theme, is the song for the entire Xblaze series(it was in the first PV for Xblaze) and a general battle theme for the game(in Magical Beat, this song's opponent is Touya not Es).
If one there should be a battle theme for Es in Xblaze, it would actually be "Haste".

"A Time of Death" played first in a non-Ripper battle, but it is still kind of agreed to be his theme, if only because of the name. I don't remember "Haste" at all, gotta listen to it again after work. Fighting against Touya in Magical Beat instead of Es kinda serves as evidence to your point, so you convinced me there. I didn't really like the gameplay of Magical Beat, so I didn't play it enough to know.

25 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

But anyway, I think it would be an all new song, these doesn't really fit as fighting game music IMHO.

I totally don't share your opinion there, we've seen a great variety of songs in fighting games, and especially in P4AU we have a lot of songs mixed together from different directions, that are hard to imagine in a fighting game but end up working perfectly well. ("Reach out to the truth", "P3 FES", ...)

Whether the same would apply to BlazBlue, I don't know, but we already have some OST in the game that is 'different' and doesn't seem to fit the fights too well. ("Catus Carnival", "Active Angel", ...)

Edit: Not that I mind the idea of Es' theme being something completely different from the XBlaze OST. (The whole OST would fit in UNIB pretty well (not that it matters, I just realized that))

5 minutes ago, Steve-Fiction said:

I don't remember "Haste" at all, gotta listen to it again after work.

It's the song that plays in Es vs Es-N, and like Touya's battle theme(The World Sings for You) it has a part of in with the same melody(time stamp being 0:46-1:20) as the opening theme of Xblaze, Be oneself.

I think that the ending to The Tuner is pretty lame. Especially compared to the opening. The beginning is all mystical sounding and the ending is just...okay, we're done.

On 5/29/2016 at 5:47 PM, ChexGuy said:

I just want any version of Keep Yourself Alive that isn't III.

Even the NAOMI soundboard versions? :3  

On 5/29/2016 at 8:17 PM, Vashimus said:

I hope we don't wait have to wait until Order Sol is announced (if he ever even will be) before we get Keep the Flag Flying. 

That was only ever used in Accent Core Plus R, right?

On 6/6/2016 at 11:11 PM, werewolfgold said:

I think that the ending to The Tuner is pretty lame. Especially compared to the opening. The beginning is all mystical sounding and the ending is just...okay, we're done.

I haven't heard the official version yet, so I can't say.  I've only heard gvgkid's arrangements of the new stuff.  They're usually pretty close, but they ARE arrangements, so they differ in some ways.

I am curious about E's and Dizzy's themes coming up.  The new BB themes have been pretty solid though I'm not so much a fan of YOMOTSUHIRASAKA's screechy intro, it's still pretty cool.  (I don't like the really thrashy songs as much, like Black Onslaught or Worthless as the Sun Above Clouds, I generally prefer softer/synthier openings like Alexandrite, Science Fiction, Crystal Forest, etc.)  Though, I have to say that Walpurgisnacht is just too damn cool.

For Dizzy, I would really like to see something more Awe of She and less Tears Are Forever.  I don't think we'll GET another version of Awe of She (sadly) but I think that a little piano or harmonized vocals could definitely bring it back in a good way.

On 8/6/2016 at 2:03 PM, GrayscaleRain said:

That was only ever used in Accent Core Plus R, right?

Nope. Vanilla AC and AC+ had it.

I can imagine Es' BBCF theme following some sort of feeling of a light, yet serious tone. Either that, or they'll give her something with a similar tone to BBCF's next stage theme. [Which, speaking of that next stage theme, I'm loving it so much! Sounds pretty tragic.]

Just listened to Safe Intoxication. I don't know what to think of it. Either the lyrics feel out of place, or I'm just not use to it yet. :v:

Oh yeah, dare I ask, how many vocals are there from REVELATOR?

5 hours ago, BlazGearRegalia said:

Just listened to Safe Intoxication. I don't know what to think of it. Either the lyrics feel out of place, or I'm just not use to it yet. :v:

Oh yeah, dare I ask, how many vocals are there from REVELATOR?

8 vocal themes I believe.

Yo, the Guilty Gear Live-Concert was SO FUCKING HYPE! I'm so glad I got to witness it. It had vocals for days! Fucking creeds to Hashimoto for pulling through for so long! And while the were a few mistakes made here and there, (Hashimoto made a mistake and announced Birthday Train while the rest of the band got ready for Sky Should Be High), the fucking energy made up for it! I got so hype, my body's hurting all over now.

Also SUPER shoutouts to @werewolfgold for helping me get the tickets. This bro made my trip to Japan.

Yeah, it was pretty funny. "Next is BIRTHDAY TRAIN!" *Band starts playing Sky Should Be High* "Oh."

It was still cool. I feel like they should've done more classic songs, but it was very well put together. They had 2 guitars, bass, and drums. The missing instruments were on a backing track, including a harmony guitar. It was kind of unfortunate that we didn't have the live keyboard and violin this time. Naoki Hashimoto seems like a really cool guy. There were several errors, but he still sold it really well. Dude cranked out 15 songs like a champ.

The set list:

1. Safe Intoxication
  2. Shotgun&Head
  3. Sky Should Be High -Vocal Version-
  4. Birthday Train
  5. Original Bet
  6. Juno
  7. Bao Babel Nose
  8. TSUKI NO SHIHAI
  9. Wanna Be Crazy
  10. Storyteller
  11. All I Can Do
  12. Marionette
  13. Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead)
  14. Still in the Dark
  15. Heavy Day
  16. Divide My Heart
  17. Ride the Fire!
  18. Icarus
  19. *encore* Six Black Heavens Guns
  20. *encore* Big Blast Sonic
  21. *encore* Lily

Daisuke played on Still in the Dark and Heavy Day, though as far as I could tell, he was mirroring the rhythm guitar and not playing a separate part. It's kind of funny how shy of a person he actually is. As you can see, the only songs not from SIGN or REVELATOR were Holy Orders and Still in the Dark. And Naoki did wayyyyyyy more than I thought he would. Alas, maybe next time I'll finally get my Pride and Glory and Meet Again. lol

Some cool things to take note of:

• They "let slip" that they were going into the recording studio next week for...something. You all can probably guess why.
  • The rhythm guitarist in the concert, Norichika Sato (he's not on the concert site), was the one who composed the main menu music (Django Django), the online music (Ocean), and the practice music (High Voltage). A couple others as well.
  • There will be a CD and DVD of the concert(s). They will feature selections from both concerts. Likely, they'll choose the best version of the songs from each. Pre-orders are up on Japanese Amazon and it's currently scheduled for Sept. 28th release. The CD/DVD combo is a one time printing limited edition. But, the CD will just be sold normally.
  • The official REVELATOR soundtrack was sold at the concerts. The likelihood of it hitting the interwebs sometime soon is probably more than 0. But, if you can buy it legally...etc., etc.

I'm pretty sure those are all the main takeaways from the concert.

• TSUKI NO SHIHAI
  • Shotgun&Head
  • Marionette

Totally getting the CD/DVD combo just for these three songs. Kind of glad that they focused on newer tracks, though one or two older ones wouldn't have been bad too.
Thank you both for sharing the information!

They also posted two photos on social media:

Spoiler

Ckzw08WVAAEigFJ.jpgClKicyIVYAEMd_5.jpg:orig