Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

ArcSys OST Discussion

I for one love nearly all of the console themes; MUST DIE is hilarious edgy which makes it the perfect theme for another version of Terumi. 

Additionally, the rip of the songs I've found seem to indicate that HAKAISHIN is supposed to be Susanoo's Unlimited/Boss theme. 

Listening to Izanami's themes, I find YOMOTSUHIRASAKA more fitting as Izanami's Unlimited Theme rather than being a normal theme. Where it's focus is a fast paced heavy metal, THE WORLD END really puts emphasis with orchestra and Japanese instruments, which I found to always suit our death goddess.

With that said, I think THE WORLD END suits Izanami better.

[And I can say it's really hard to choose a favorite among all the themes in CF. I'm torn between Jaeger, Walpurgisnacth, conciliation, VARIABLE HEART, MUST DIE, HAKAISHIN, THE WORLD END, and God of War]

On 10/28/2016 at 11:37 AM, BlazGearRegalia said:

Listening to Izanami's themes, I find YOMOTSUHIRASAKA more fitting as Izanami's Unlimited Theme rather than being a normal theme. Where it's focus is a fast paced heavy metal, THE WORLD END really puts emphasis with orchestra and Japanese instruments, which I found to always suit our death goddess.

While THE WORLD END and YOMOTSUHIRASAKA definitely should've switched places as her normal and unlimited themes, YOMOTSUHIRASAKA is more fitting of her in the long run.  It resembles a certain Japanese folk song in its arrangement (I cannot for the life of me remember the song's name) and overall feels even more 'Shinto' than THE WORLD END, which has maybe one or two Japanese instruments in the beginning before becoming Awakening the Chaos Lite.

I'm glad YOMOTSUHIRASAKA is the normal theme instead though so I'll get to hear it often instead of it being one of the best songs on the OST that you never get to hear like Endless Despair.  Or like Endless Despair II, which was a better theme for Terumi than that Silent Scream shit they replaced it with.

I dunno, I think Yomotsubotsubukakeparty would make for a rather anti-climactic unlimited/boss theme. It's just too short and lacks the build-up that you'd expect from other unlimited/boss themes, and even VS themes to a degree. And World End would be awkward as a regular character theme for the opposite reasons; most fights would end before it even starts to pick up.

Anyway, I'm way into all the new CF music, except for Es VS the Mercury sisters. It just doesn't seem appropriate for the characters involved, nor does it mix well with the rest of the soundtrack. Es's theme fits well enough, but just going "I dunno let's grab this dank-ass anime opening and jam it in there" seems like an ill-conceived decision. They could've at least remixed it.

END GAZER really does feel out of place as Hell, yeah.  They should've remixed it, or at least made it instrumental.

And yeah, YOMOTSUHIRASAKA doesn't make for a good boss theme in itself, but it'd be a better one than WORLD END. Honestly, WORLD END in general feels really weird as far as Izanami goes--it should've been a VS theme or something instead of being tacked onto her.

I like THE WORLD END, but it definitely does have its flaws. It takes a full 2 minutes to really kick in and doesn't really "stand out" like the other themes do. It feels too much like special story BGM, which is fittingly the only time it plays, and yet they tacked it on as "Unlimited Izanami's theme". God of War and, to a degree, HAKAISHIN suffer from the same problems. They don't really have the kick that the other themes have and feel more like special story event BGM.

21 hours ago, Vulcan422 said:

I like THE WORLD END, but it definitely does have its flaws. It takes a full 2 minutes to really kick in and doesn't really "stand out" like the other themes do. It feels too much like special story BGM, which is fittingly the only time it plays, and yet they tacked it on as "Unlimited Izanami's theme". God of War and, to a degree, HAKAISHIN suffer from the same problems. They don't really have the kick that the other themes have and feel more like special story event BGM.

Granted God of War kicks in way sooner than HAKAISHIN. For at least half of CF's themes, spectacle seems to be the primary focus more than, for the lack of a better word, "character." Yeah, I get that you want to make a big, 7+ minute song, Daisuke, but it's like a minute and 30 and I'm waiting for the incline.

While I was enjoying what little 30 seconds we have of Answer's theme right now, I've noticed that it's in a very similar tune to Nothing Out of the Ordinary. Edit: Actually, it sounds way more like Bump.

You know, coming back to the CF OST, God of War feels a lot like it belongs in a movie. Like, it's a pretty sweet VS Theme, but it feels like it would work even better as something to play during a movie trailer or a battle cutscene.

Imagine Hakumen and Susano'o squaring off against each other in a movie-esque cutscene with God of War playing. If anything, I think Daisuke must've had something like this in mind when composing it.

With that said, God of War has become my favorite VS Theme in the series. [Followed by Black & White, in JUSTICE, and Imperial Code II]

On the note of GGXrd Rev 2, really excited to hear Answer and Baiken's themes.

Early buyers will even get a sweet bonus! A mini GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK

(Mini soundtrack with GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 contains Opening Theme, Theme for “Answer”, “Baiken”, “Dizzy”, and more for a total of 9 tracks.)

And talking about music, I wonder if Central Fiction soundtrack is going to get a release or not.

Who knows? At least there's the info for the pre-order bonus for JP, dunno if other regions will get it, but rest assured it might. (I mean, the EU LE and the 1 month early purchase PC/Steam extra had the Sound Archives+ included.)

18 hours ago, Toxin45 said:

I am still bumbed by the fact that ragna and terumi/susanoo don't get a vs theme.

I thought that "Hakaishin" is Ragna vs. Susano'o theme???

On 12.02.2017 at 1:43 PM, BlazGearRegalia said:

You know, coming back to the CF OST, God of War feels a lot like it belongs in a movie. Like, it's a pretty sweet VS Theme, but it feels like it would work even better as something to play during a movie trailer or a battle cutscene. Imagine Hakumen and Susano'o squaring off against each other in a movie-esque cutscene with God of War playing. If anything, I think Daisuke must've had something like this in mind when composing it. With that said, God of War has become my favorite VS Theme in the series. [Followed by Black & White, in JUSTICE, and Imperial Code II]

Personally I find it as a very jrpg-ish theme. Final Fantasy vibe is very strong from this tune so Nobuo Uematsu would be proud.

I am a little disappointed that "The Road To Hope" wasn't used in CF and there is no possibility to get it in "Item Shop" like for example previous versions of all tracks. Almost all music were used in the new BB but one of my favourites not :/

However it's nice they used CPEX arcade ending in the credits. A perfect choice to culminate that melancholy ending.

28 minutes ago, Kenji Harima said:

I thought that "Hakaishin" is Ragna vs. Susano'o theme???

HAKAISHIN is the Boss Susanoo theme.

http://www.ggxrd.com/rev/cs2/products/

Rev2 soundtrack details:

Break a Spell - GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 Opening
N.S.F.W. - GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 AC Ending
Dear Song - GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 CS Ending
One Dawn - GUILTY GEAR Xrd Dizzy's Theme
六文 -ROKUMON- - GUILTY GEAR Xrd Baiken's Theme
Enough is Enough - GUILTY GEAR Xrd Answer's Theme
Break a Spell (Instrumental)
N.S.F.W. (Instrumental)
Dear Song (Instrumental)

I will now attempt to write down Break a Spell's lyrics by ear. I expect it to not even be close to the official lyrics.

Approach the edge of the world.
There I want no body alive.
The night sky set on fire.

We've all come so far.
This world is full of laughs.
We stroll in dystopia.

We need to Break a Spell.
(So what?)
Whose filth is this?

I want to flare up!
Deceived and hung over!
We have to fight!