Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

ArcSys OST Discussion

For inattentive people: do not post links to songs in this thread. How many accounts have to get shut down before people realize we're not supposed to do this shit?

Will remixes/arrangements be allowed? Or if we're the owners of said accounts?

Kinda got a thing going where I ask Arc's representative for permission before uploading any stuff that's related to them now, so I THINK it might be alright...

HOLY SHIET. I just realized that Alexandrite mixes well with "You Wa SHOCK", from Fist of the North Star.

Since I can't post links here, you'll just have to find the songs yourself or just imagine. But imagine that f.ex as the chorus of Alexandrite ends it goes over to the main riff of You wa shock, then into the verse of Alexandrite again...

In my head it fits pretty much perfectly, so I am SO making a mix to prove/eternityfy it!

sounds sick cant wait to hear it. Makoto could pass for an HnK character too.

speaking of alexanderite II at first i didnt really like it but its grown on me a lot.

Kinda got a thing going where I ask Arc's representative for permission before uploading any stuff that's related to them now, so I THINK it might be alright...

Still sounds rather unsafe.

Also, a quick reminder: May 19th is the ASW Music Live concert at ArcFes/Arc Revo.

Acutally, Arc is playing it a bit unsafe as well, it would seem that Arc Sys themselves are playing it a bit unsafe as well with the strikes. Because youtube states that you have to send in a complete, detailed and accurate description as to what is being infringed. And "Software: "blazblue" *Software interface is shown" is anything but that. Unless of course, it's actually youtube that dumbs down the reasons themselves. I mean, when I mailed the representative, Mr Takashi Tanaka, after recieving my first strike, he never really directly reffered to the case of the video that had recieved a strike. He only gave me that list (which I'm suspecting is a copypaste he uses whenever someone tries to contact him about the copyright business) and has NEVER answered me after that. So they might be strict about what we upload, but they're lazy when it comes to themselves dealing with the actual details and aftermath of it... And that is pretty damn annoying.

BUT because of this, I have a found a small window I can use. Because the one mail I got states that they only won't allow stuff that "scanned", in other words, extracted directly from their content. Which means the mixes themselves are supposedly safe, as long as the artwork as well is 100% fan-made. So from now on I will mail Tanaka every time I'm making an arrangement of their music. Let him know I'm making it, include both the music and the artwork in my mail, and then give him a time frame to let me know if he doesn't allow it. This time frame will be at around a week or longer after the mail has been sent. If I get no response then I'll act on the current information I was given; and the current information states nothing about using content that is NOT taken directly from their content, which means I am allowed to upload it and keep it up unless they tell me differently. And here's the thing, if they decide they won't allow it to be up anymore, they have to tell me first. Simply sending another copyright strike with another vague reason won't work anymore, they don't have a base for it. And if they DO send it, then I'll counter immedeatly, even if they DO drag me to court for it, then at least I'll get to talk to them directly about it.

Whoo... That's a wall of text that might have been unnecesarily put up. Sorry about that, just had to get that out.

In any case...

Also, a quick reminder: May 19th is the ASW Music Live concert at ArcFes/Arc Revo.

Schou~WEEEEEEEEEEEEET~! Fingers crossed that they will announce ANYTHING about the soundtrack!

Memory of Tears II is on Nico, uploaded by the guy who did the match videos of Awakening the Chaos II, Nightmare Fiction II, Six Heroes Theme etc etc. I don't know how I feel about it, it's pretty generic but I kinda like it. I still like Don't Look Back(the vocal version of Memory of Tears I) a lot more though. I'd like a vocal version of Memory of Tears II lol.

Aren't remixes\arrangements allowed under fair use? Just wondering.

Under Heaven Destruction II is now on Nico (Quick search tip, write BBBGM on search bar there to find it)

It has, interesting sound to it, I can say that much.

Listening to the full version of Memory of Tears II, my opinion has not changed. It's heavily nerfed from the first version, and hearing the rest of it made me go "What the fuck did they do to this theme?" even more. It sounds like a Golden Sun battle theme, with wild and completely random organ and guitar riffs replacing the well-constructed melodies that gave the song that feeling of two friends forced against each other. The ending is also very lackluster and doesn't fit well with the song at all.

Under Heaven Destruction II, on the other hand, is a very well done remix. The speed increase may be a bit iffy, but they still kept the "feel" of the song, while expanding upon it heavily with new sections. In some ways, the new portions make me think of Devil May Cry. Also, the new ending kicks serious ass. I think it just became my new favorite remixed VS. theme.

Memory of Tears II is on Nico, uploaded by the guy who did the match videos of Awakening the Chaos II, Nightmare Fiction II, Six Heroes Theme etc etc. I don't know how I feel about it, it's pretty generic but I kinda like it. I still like Don't Look Back(the vocal version of Memory of Tears I) a lot more though. I'd like a vocal version of Memory of Tears II lol.

Looks like i have to search for them and thanks for the information Dawn of Musou and thanks for the tips TPPR10,anyway i really curious with the concert,bet we can listen Imperial Code or X-Matic concert version.

Oh yeah, Valkenhaym vs. Relius theme is also on NicoNico now. Heck, I think it was posted before UHDII.

Aren't remixes\arrangements allowed under fair use? Just wondering.

Depends, fair use is means more stuff like parodies, educational purposes and stuff like that.

But honestly, I'm starting to suspect I got my copyright strikes ONLY because of the artwork I used in the videos. One makes sense, it's a screenshot from the game's opening, thus it counts as being taken "directly from the game". But there is no way I could have known if Arc Sys owned the artwork, as there have been no watermarks or inclinations that it's from one of the Blazblue games.

So it might be right that remixes and arrangements are under fair use. But I'm gonna be more careful with artwork from now on.

Don't post anything you don't have explicit permission to post, essentially.

I think I had the weirdest reaction to UHDII; when I first heard way back in November I loved it, then I overheard it and got sick of it and when I heard it without the fighting sfx I thought it was meh. Then I listened to it again after that and fell in love with it again.

I'm weird :P

My opinion with the remix and the Valkenhayn VS Relius theme:

Memory of Tear II :For me is better than the original,really like what they do with the remix,because this remix is really symbolizing the condition of the characters it represent,the two of them is force to fight each other and the two of them still have a doubt and they still sad because they have to fight,this remix has done a great job symbolizing the emotion from the two of them and i really like how the violin work in this theme really elegant

Under Heaven Destruction II :Completely better than the original,this theme is one of the best remix i ever heard,still have the "feel" from the original only better and this remix have a better symbolization from the emotion,this remix really show us that the two of them is not holding back anymore and ready to kill each other and this one really represent the rivalry far more better than the original,the guitar and the violin that play in harmony might represent the battle between Ragna and Jin,the intro feel tragic might represent to their tragic past and the ending that feel much more tragic than the original and completely better than the original might represent to their destiny to fight each other even though the two of them is a brother

Valkenhayn VS Relius:The intro is remind me with the digimon frontier but maybe it was just me,this theme is good,but i still doesn't have anything to say with this theme,but i really like how the guitar work in this theme and the melody in this theme,but somehow i feel this theme is lacking something,even though is still good but i think it will work much more better if it just a little more darker,but still is a good theme though

Blood Pain II:Better than the original in my opinion,the guitar is work really great in this theme and i like how the melody play in this one,this remix feel much more aggressive than the original but is just making this theme sound much more better,it still have the dark feeling from the original and it still have the style it has from the original,but it work much more better with the more aggressive melody from this remix,this remix really show us that they can still have the same quality or better than the original

So all that's left is: X-Matic, Sector 7, Hakumen vs. Izayoi, Weak Executioner, and White Requiem.

So all that's left is: X-Matic, Sector 7, Hakumen vs. Izayoi, Weak Executioner, and White Requiem.

Also Imperial Code II. That's what I'm most hyped for besides Haku vs Izayoi and X-Matic.