Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

ArcSys OST Discussion

Valk vs. Relius theme is probably the most unfitting VS. theme ever. Don't get me wrong, it's an OK theme, but it doesn't fit the matchup at all. The only thing I like about it is that it reminds me of Guilty Gear, and it would definitely be more fitting there.

Blood Pain 2's full version is even godlier than I had imagined. That new middle section has some of the most badass riffs I've ever heard. It has surpassed Fatal Duel as my favorite Arcsys Same Character theme.

YES! X-Matic II is now on NicoNico! (Also Imperial Code II, but who cares :v: )

II-Matix is so godlike. I might even say I like it more than original X-Matic. It really feels different from the original, but in a good way.

With Imperial Code II, I like that they addd more violin parts. Though rest, not really my liking that much. Especially since they removed the awesome guitar shredding end.

Valk vs. Relius theme is probably the most unfitting VS. theme ever. Don't get me wrong, it's an OK theme, but it doesn't fit the matchup at all. The only thing I like about it is that it reminds me of Guilty Gear, and it would definitely be more fitting there.

Blood Pain 2's full version is even godlier than I had imagined. That new middle section has some of the most badass riffs I've ever heard. It has surpassed Fatal Duel as my favorite Arcsys Same Character theme.

agreed. honestly to me it sounds like a theme from HardCorps. still really good but just doesn't seem fitting.

I have nothing to say about X-Matic II and Imperial Code II other than sex. I'm honestly blown away by how much they both improved considering I originally thought there was no way they could make the two original songs better.

X-Matic II: Definitely has a different feeling from the first version. With the faster and heavier sound, it seems like the theme has shifted from Relius' point of view to Carl's. That new mid-section is really good, even though the rest was pretty much left the same. But hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it, right?

Imperial Code II: I take back what I said about UHD II being my new favorite VS. theme. 'Cause this masterpiece just tied with it. My original favorite VS. theme has been made even godlier. The new techno-bass intro sounds fucking sinister, and they improved on damn near everything else. That mid-section is so much better now, and I love how they sneaked in the original intro to make a 3rd verse. Godlike in every sense of the word.

Alright, my turn:

Under Heaven Destruction II: Fucking godlike, it has a much more chaotic feel now which does a great job of representing Ragna & Jin's rivalry. It starts off with a smooth violin, and gets more chaotic and upbeat from there. And then transitioning into the ending feels like the chaos is dying down. I do like the faster tempo too. The only thing I don't like is the actual instruments, which while they definitely aren't bad, I just prefer how the original sounded.

Memory of Tears II:...I kinda prefer the original because it sounded more lively, but I guess for the context of it, its a pretty good remix. Although I feel the middle portion doesn't quite fit, and the ending is kinda flat. Decent mix all around, Memory of Tears wasn't really one of my favorite themes so meh.

Valkenhayn vs. Relius: At first I didn't like it, but listening to it without sfx...its actually pretty good. It definitely is the most Guilty Gear like song to my ears and I like that. I can't really say if it fits the characters or not considering how very little we know about them; hopefully story info in CP can give more light. As a general theme tho, I give it my approval.

X-Matic II: I'm always going to prefer the original, but this remix isn't bad. IT feels less like it represents the tragedy behind the Clover family, and more Carl is ready to kick his prick of father's ass. Also, that middle portion is AMAZING. R.I.P. Spanish strings, damn you Tsubaki for stealing them :arg:

Imperial Code II: Oohhh shit. I agree with Vulcan, its probably the best remix along with UHD. It takes the metal of the original, and adds some quieter notes to it and I love how they placed the original intro in the bridge. My only complaint is how long it is, six minutes is way too long.

Actually, the rivalry between Relius and Valkenhayn is probably going to be more intense in this game and that would make the theme fit. However, if that's not the case then I agree that the song doesn't fit at all.

To be honest, of all versus themes, I find Sector Seven to be most pointless. There are only three of them and olny two of them actually have noticeable connection with eachother (Tager and Azrael). Atleast with Valkenhayn and Relius there has been implied ot been bad blood with eachother.

It's not like they promised to develop the whole Sector Seven plotline or anything.

It's not like they promised to develop the whole Sector Seven plotline or anything.

That's even weirder. They basically ignored them in the last 2 games, now in BBCP we have 3 storylines: Six Heroes, Chrono Phantasma (Basically everything), and Sector Seven which only have 3 playable characters from S7 in it. Azrael, Tager and Makoto. How did they get that important?

The song is pretty cool though.

Actually in CSE there was a small bit focusing on S7.

I could go onto storytelling pacing, but it's all highly subjective.

Sector 7 may as well be called 'Kokonoe and some other guys" before Azreal showed up.

...Have they really done anything to warrant being so important?

Some would say that being a powerful organization who openly opposes the NOL would be noteworthy.

White Requiem II is certainly an improvement over the first one. In retrospect the first version felt really flat and got repetitive after the middle section.

Sector 7 may as well be called 'Kokonoe and some other guys" before Azreal showed up.

They're basically the source for CP's storyline, but this is an OST thread. We have a story thread, you know.

It's skipping a bit into story now, don't cha think, guys?

But on a different note, I'm strangely enough not feeling it much from those Nico vids. Maybe it's the background noises, maybe it's the general low volume in the videos themselves. But I can't feel any of that important pressure in the vs themes. That kinda important pressure in the music that makes an impact, thus making it memorable. I've put on the videos and then moved on to doing someting else on my pc, like reading or something while it plays out, but when it's over I just think "Wait what? It's over already? I barely remember anything of it right now". I got more of an impact from the fighting vids than these. Sooooo, I think I'll stay away from these and buy the soundtrack in one way or another whenever it comes out. I don't want this wierd thing with me to ruin the potential awesomeness of the soundtrack.

Btw, I'm noticing some people are discontent with how the Valk vs Relius theme ain't really fitting the characters. I agree, it sounds awesome, but it lacks the classy feel that should reflect both Valkenhayn and Relius. Both are some awesome, somewhat goth-themed classy gentlemen, after all!

So would you guys be interested in an alternate original composition that focuses more on this?

Not to my surprise, Under Heaven Destruction II & White Requiem II are godlike. I liked them their original counterparts a lot (maybe because I played Ragna :v:), and now they're even better. UHD II is faster, as does WR II. Blood Pain II is kind of meh to me. Sounds really same-y, but not as good as the original.

EDIT: Relius vs. Valk sounds pretty good to me. Very Guilty Gear-ish as the others have said. I want to say that it is reminiscent of Blue Water, Blue Sky.

Relius vs Valk theme seems more fitting to be credit music imo. That said though, I think it sounds damn amazing.

It's skipping a bit into story now, don't cha think, guys?

But on a different note, I'm strangely enough not feeling it much from those Nico vids. Maybe it's the background noises, maybe it's the general low volume in the videos themselves. But I can't feel any of that important pressure in the vs themes. That kinda important pressure in the music that makes an impact, thus making it memorable. I've put on the videos and then moved on to doing someting else on my pc, like reading or something while it plays out, but when it's over I just think "Wait what? It's over already? I barely remember anything of it right now". I got more of an impact from the fighting vids than these. Sooooo, I think I'll stay away from these and buy the soundtrack in one way or another whenever it comes out. I don't want this wierd thing with me to ruin the potential awesomeness of the soundtrack.

Btw, I'm noticing some people are discontent with how the Valk vs Relius theme ain't really fitting the characters. I agree, it sounds awesome, but it lacks the classy feel that should reflect both Valkenhayn and Relius. Both are some awesome, somewhat goth-themed classy gentlemen, after all!

So would you guys be interested in an alternate original composition that focuses more on this?

That'd be pretty interesting to hear!

However, I think a lot of people are forgetting that Relius and Valkenhayn are both gentlemen like character who have a darker side to them, Relius Clover is a ruthless psychopath and Valkenhayn is a animalistic savage. Their rivalry seems pretty intense and when they fight I'm guessing the theme is conveying that these sides of them come out as they have one hell of a fight trying to tear each other apart.

If the next Blazblue game remixes the themes again, it would be interesting to see this theme remixed to have a more classy feel to it though.