Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

ArcSys OST Discussion

Jin has been going on about killing Saya all throughout CF and Izanami almost killed him using Tsubaki. Like wat, don't care?

Guess his beef with her just wasn't that important! Then again, they are siblings, Ragna's siblings... 

Mori just doesn't want their beef to seem important 

Obligatory "Make Imperial Code the universal NOL theme" comment goes here.

I consider VS themes to be similar to unique intros: just a little cute detail that adds some story to random matches. In a perfect world, I would have the entire roster connected through VS themes, if only because it always confuses me how only one of the two players get to listen to his character's theme. On the other hand, I do love me some character themes, and they might still have their place in that perfect world of mine. Like, say, in arcade mode.

3 hours ago, SoWL said:

Obligatory "Make Imperial Code the universal NOL theme" comment goes here.

:eng101:

It bothers me that Sector Seven (an organization we're told is smaller than the NOL) has a theme but we don't have one for the NOL proper. For an organization that monopolized power in the world, they have a lacking presence in these games. Here's my brief headcount:

1. NOL CF=Kagura, Hibiki, Hazama, Tsubaki, Noel [lol memory wipe], Jin?
  2. Sector Seven CF= Azrael?(kinda more on Izanami's side), Kokonoe, Tager, Bullet, Celica, Makoto, Lambda?

This one is hilarious because out of the characters that have this theme, only one of them even gives a damn about Sector 7 and barely at that. 

-BlackYakuza94 on Sector Seven

Sector Seven could definitely use a better HR department. Back in the days of CT, I thought every person would be all about the "POWER OF SCIENCE!!" and talk shit about the NOL. 

Nightmare Fiction: No way Ragna and his arch enemy don't deserve a special theme, although its slightly odd since Terumi is his own character now...and yet the two still don't have this theme. 

Now neither Ragna or Hazama remembers the other so its like...:lol: why is our fight so thematic now?

Shameless Speculation: CF has 2-3 new Vs themes to go if the pattern holds from the past games so I eagerly await their unveiling.

Thanks to everyone that responded, I like to hear other people's perspective on the matter.

Izanami's theme sounds just as beautiful as I expected. Everything befitting of a world-destroying horror.

The scream-like noises at the beginning are a nice touch. Reminds me of Juri's theme from SF4.

h67.PNG.91dc6c192db443366848c1917da927d7

I'm assuming this is saying Izanami and Nine's themes are titled "YOMOTSUHIRASAKA" and "Walpurgisnacht" respectively. Those certainly roll off the tongue :V

I appreciate the riffs that call back to "March of the Wicked Witc--" um, "King" in Nine's theme.

Just a minute thought, but the funny thing about Izanami's theme is that it sounds like a metal arrange of a Touhou song or something. lol

I really like the name for Nine's theme, fits her good because this feast day is also very much associated with fire in some countries. Hah, the 30th of April is also Nine's birthday. Very nice.

Yomotsuhirasaka = entrance to Yomi, the underworld. Not bad too.

I think Walpurgisnacht ends too...abruptly. Like it seems like it should have a double chorus at the end at least. Right now, it's like, "Annnnnnnnd, we're done. Everybody go home."

l_56d035872872d8hp19.jpg

Two concerts coming in june, let's hope they release a DVD but they didn't with the last BB concert, so I guess we should not expect it.

Results for the song popularity contest:

1位:Holy Orders(Be Just Or Be Dead) 1780票
2位:Still in The Dark 1571票
3位:Magnolia Eclair 962票
4位:Blue Water Blue Sky 955票
5位:Awe Of She 917票

Ky themes too stronk.

Since when do people like Blue Water Blue Sky more than other songs? First I've heard of it.

I really hope Keep the Flag Flying (Order Sol vs. Ky) makes it into the concert. I think that's a pretty underrated one.

Dang, Magnolia Eclair is that popular? Nice. Makes me stupid happy to see Holy Orders still so beloved with it being basically my favorite song for going on a decade at least now. I hope we get a DVD of this concert if for no other reason than because I just want yet another version of Holy Orders to listen to!

Dengeki posted a picture that reveals some more of the GG Music Poll results

11 Simple Life
12 Momentary Life
13 Fatal Duel
14 Ride the Fire!
15 Does the sheep count sheep? 
16 Keep The Flag Flying
17 Diva
18 Writhe In Pain
19 Meet Again
20 No Mercy

Way too many XX songs, but whatever...

2 hours ago, Sourenga said:

Way too many XX songs, but whatever...

I wouldn't say that 3 songs out of 15 is too many.