Sign in to follow this  
Henaki

matchups

*Not Gospel*

vs AC Eddie: Judge Gauntlet WILL hit something, and with no little Eddie afterwards, who cares if he does a 5 hit combo? You then have forever to follow it up and land one of the mere two combos you need to finish him off. (^.^)

You can actually Slide Head through a lot of the holes in his pressure now, since most of the followup hits aren't low enough - SH can actually go around little Eddie K even though it hits low, as well as Eddie 6K (the overhead, I think that's the buttons) if done properly. Since they love to randomly do it, and it's his only (used) Force Break, you can react to the flash and flick the DRILL SPESHARU, 2 or 3 times even, then combo to a SH off the reflects. Random bringing out little Eddie with K can be Megafist'd, finally! j.D and j.S can clash with little Eddie's upward strike although more often than not you'll get counterhit which is worse. Eddie has sucky wakeups so be sure and end with Heat whenever you can and keep the pressure on. Potemkin also has this weird ability to fall out of the Shadow Hole after like 1/3 the normal time sometimes, or maybe that's everyone if they muck up a setup...

Mostly the same way Pot always fought Zato/Eddie: Careful until you land that one hit or have gotten rid of lil' Eddie, then never let up the pressure. HF FRCs, 5p or 2k(fastest moves for the height that hit little Eddie) cancelled to Buster, and lots of losing before you learn what's up. :^)

Or maybe that's just me.

Mike Z

I'm having trouble with Venom in AC. On distance I feel like constantly blocking balls and getting punished for 2D, SH or HF attempts. I find 2S pretty useful there but I have a while to discover a really safe way to throw it out. Is there a way to deal with him on range?

Also, I have my mixup game beaten by his backdash. In some patterns I use 5K to catch people on backdash recovery (It works for me on Sol, Baiken) and Venom somehow escapes that. What's up with this?

To SL

I'm just a casual player but maybe I'll help you out. I played with different Baikens for quite a while and there are some of my tricks (everything relates to SLASH):

DEFENCE ON RANGE:

If he tries to IAD tatami you, don't use 6P because tatami will reach you earlier than 6P's hitbox will reach BA. I'd rather switch between

HF FRC (confirm CH) - HF FRC (Burst bait + nice dmg) - S - Heat or 2H - HPB (my fav. The key is not failing FRCs, you can also modify it vs bursts by adding P before S and aircombo after it)

P - S - Heat or 2H - HPB or j.P-j.K-JC-j.P-j.K-j.S (Burst bait) (I like it cuz its tensionless and safe)

2H (counterhit) - stuncombo (pretty risky, I use it against better players that get way too relaxed)

If he tries to IAD j.S you just backdash PB. It works so fine that he should stop trying this rush-in sooner or later. There IS a safe distance from which you can't punish BA for this because your backdash takes freaking 20 frames or so, but it should't bother you much IMO.

If he spams tatami you can walk forward and FDB them getting advantage, but beware of FRC because some crazy people like to mess with a brain. Anyway just be ready to 6P the sudden stupidity from them.

The most annoying thing BA can do is dash-S(f)\dash-2D\dash-FDbreak mixup.

The first option isn't that damaging on the one hand and isn't so punishable on the other, so pay attention and don't fall for the provocation. Note that this poke is useful and safe fro BA on max range, so if he uses it incorrectly you can punish him with stuff like backdash PB and Megafist (backwards). This is true for the other options also. Basically you have to fear 2D because it leads to dustloop so u need something to counter 2D that won't be punished in case of BA's FDbreaking dash.

If you absolutely sure that he won't IAD on you than do 6HS - HF FRC and confirm his state. It would beat his counter attempts and would catch his jump making nice combo possibilities. If You are playing safe than just backdash all the day and keep watch on him reacting with 2D on FD cancels and with HF on his 2D wiffs. If he uses S(f) too much than jump on him when he least expects it and setup pressure.

Thanks for reading this ^^ Just feel talkative today. If somebody is interested in my way of handling this matchup ill gladly write more.

Vids of CPO vs. Testa, from the Testa forums. I figure if they can learn from 'em, so can we, and we have further to go. ;^)

Link

vs. Slayer:

Since Slayer players love to spam Uppa!, remember that any blocked BBU = GGPO, since he's in CH the whole recovery you can get a CH 2H into whatever death combo you like. Butt drop clashes with BBU, as well as j.S, and SH can go through it if timed right. As well, his backdash is NOT immediately throw invincible (but backdash-cancelled moves are, for some reason) so PB is more useful than average. Any Mappa, hit or block, can be PB'd (as always). Abuse 2D or 2S vs. Dandy Step and hit him before he thinks you can, or PB him before he gets to you - your mileage may vary, but it works well for me. I haven't really had much of a problem with Slayer since his combos usually give me enough tension for whatever I want. (^.^)

vs. Venom:

If you are having problems dealing with his range, flick a ball or two and follow them in. Using HF/Break to absorb single hits into PB tends to work well against his pokes for me, but that may not apply to you. Also remember SH is high-invincible when it starts, so using it at the last second vs. many pokes can work here too.

Mike Z

Hello Potty players, I have written a guide to tackling POT and I would appreciate some of your guys input.

Did I cover what needs to be said?

Does May have any advantages I didn't point out?

What is it that POT player hate MOST about May?

Guide HERE.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3666

Post Replies HERE.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3120

Thanks Everyone,

Kyle

Thanks for all your input/help Mike Z.

I appreciate it.

You make the match sound completely in Pot's favor, and sometimes I feel that way. lol.

What to I do on wake up against Baiken? She always does 6k, which almost destroys anything I try to do...

please.. some help!

You can reversal back dash it.

or

Just IB or Slash back it. For punishment or frame advantage.

If he starts waiting to bait the BD wit 6k just punch him in the face ,or wait then BD. Depending on the timing of his 6k attempt.

If he does 6k that isn't quite meaty, you can Judge Gauntlet or easily backdash (doesn't have to be reversal). If he does meaty 6k, you can reversal backdash or reversal Hammerfall (just watch out for 2h after).

Although preferably, just block until the string is over - Baiken has to waste tension to keep the pressure on, and when she doesn't or can't, her pressure has pretty big holes. I fight Hellmonkey a lot, and I'd really go for blocking until she's done with whatever she was doing.

Sign in to follow this