Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaneki

Thinking about buying this game

I was planning to buy this game when it first came out in NA but I was too caught up trying to get good in other fighting games like MKX,USFIV, Smash,GGxrd,etc.. Now that I think I have time I have a few questions

How is the offline/online community? I'm looking to get into this game competitively but I need to know I'm not walking into a ghost Town game.

How is the  execution barrier? Is there a steep learning curve I need look out for ?

How is playing this game on controller,stick,pad? I'm buying a fight stick on Christmas so for now I'm stuck playing on controller.

Where do you think Byakuya stand on a tier list? I'm thinking of making him my main because of his character?

Also how does this  game compare to other ark games? I play GGXrd so I'm wondering if it follows a similar formula or naw.

Sorry If I bombard you guys with questions and thx.

I'm also wondering too whether I should buy this game, but that's mostly because they have a new version out in the arcades. I don't want to buy the game and then the new version comes out on console the next day, but if it's going to be another six months or something I'll probably go ahead and buy UNIEL anyway.

I'm surprised nobody answered this

I was planning to buy this game when it first came out in NA but I was too caught up trying to get good in other fighting games like MKX,USFIV, Smash,GGxrd,etc.. Now that I think I have time I have a few questions

How is the offline/online community? I'm looking to get into this game competitively but I need to know I'm not walking into a ghost Town game.

The online community is extremely friendly and a lot of the higher level players are more then helpful when it comes to questions and teaching stuff, it's better to ask people on the fb group if you want to get some matches in https://www.facebook.com/groups/UNDERNIGHTX/

How is the  execution barrier? Is there a steep learning curve I need look out for ?

This game doesn't have a steep learning curve but vatisita/yuzu and seth are difficult characters to master, the most difficult motions that this game has is 64 charge and reverse shoruyken (also button holding but that depends on the player)How is playing this game on controller,stick,pad? I'm buying a fight stick on Christmas so for now I'm stuck playing on controller.

Where do you think Byakuya stand on a tier list? I'm thinking of making him my main because of his character?

Byakuya is one of the lower tier characters but he is more then capable of winning against the cast and has a few winning matchups

Also how does this  game compare to other ark games? I play GGXrd so I'm wondering if it follows a similar formula or naw.

Sorry If I bombard you guys with questions and thx.

This game is not an air dasher, if you treat it like an air dasher you will get killed. Think of anime street fighter.The only similar thing this has to guilty gear is the shileding system which can be broken and has something called chain shift which is similar to rc

Game sounds fun, but I'm wondering if we should buy UNIEL with the new version out in arcades. Is it worth or should we wait for the new version on consoles?

Yes. There are minimal changes from UNIEL to UNIST compared to the entire system overhaul from UNIB to UNIEL.  The two main system changes I have noticed are Cross-Cast Veil Off, which is more of a combo/damage tool, and shields negating all chip damage.

From what I've seen, many characters approach their matchups the same way. Some characters's tools may have been changed, or they have new routes, but the foundation isn't too different. If you take the time to master your characters in UNIEL now, you should be 80-90% ready for UNIST.

Also with the lack of a console release date, I would highly recommend against waiting for that.  

The everyone that answered. I most likely will pick this up when I get money because there really isn't no announcement of when UNIST is coming on console and probably help contribute to the sales in the states.

I avoided this game for years, and was pleasantly surprised when I finally gave it a chance. Feel like a jerk now for assuming it was bad just because nobody in Japan plays it (NOBODY!!!). I'm not very good at it, but I mained Carmine and subbed Linne for like a month, and was able to do all the same stuff in the arcade (new version) as in the home version. Feels the same.

Moves are easy to do, and the combo system is intuitive, BUT the bnbs characters wound up having are really weird. Like, even for vanilla characters like Hyde, they are not intuitive at all. Some really strict timings on things if you want max damage, but you can probably get by with the easier variations. Anime fighters have too many combos, the community should really take the Street Fighter approach and just highlight the ones worth learning.

My background is Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, MKX, and Samurai Showdown, looks like "Latest" in coming to PS4, so I may consider it.