Eshi

Amane BBCF Discussion Thread

I'm talking with a JP player and got some info! Here's an optimized corner combo:

corner 2B > 5D > ginga > 5B > 5D > ginga > 5B > 5D > ginga > meaty ginga 

So we can use 5D 3 times in even normal combos, I'm certain that it reaches level 2. Neat~

Amane is looking mid tier this time around, awesome. He still looks pretty tame, but he will be able to compete in tournaments consistently it seems, as well as garner players who were nervous of his unforgiving nature before. Talk about a golden era for our favorite cross dresser.

36 minutes ago, Eshi said:

New combo? Corner jC > j236A > jB > j6D LV1 > land > 6A > Gekiren. It misses here because his position is too close but I'm sure there's an alternative that could've corrected for it. 

Already exists in CPEX

1 hour ago, DerQ said:

Already exists in CPEX

Ah okay, I thought that could be the case. It never occurred to me that it was useful in this way.

By the way, is it just me or does jA combo into jB again like it did before CPEX? I haven't seen that air combo drop once yet.

(First post updated to compile all important info, let me know if I should add anything else)

The usefulness is probably higher now with ginga routes to build a bit more drill, but it doesn't change the move's behavior at drill level 1... "Low" hitstun, if wallbounce is too high / Amane too close to the corner / etc you'll get the sideswitch. Another one of those mid-combos thing you need to account for that made it a pain. But now it doesn't prorate as bad, so it would potentially be "better" than doing an air route, if only for drill gain. Ginga knockdown vs. gosei knockdown oki as well.

On a somewhat similar note, Arukemi in sparring mode was testing ground confirm > 6B > j.C(1) > j6D > 5B > 5D > 214C routes at some point in the twitch footage. The early part is already possible, but works against characters tall enough to get hit by j.6D. Even midscreen you can get j.6D > j236A > j.6C routes for knockdowns. Empire combos galore

For people not on Twitter, here's some level 3 drill corner combos from Kamoihito

5A into 8k - https://twitter.com/kamoihito/status/670196120644026368

Hariken drill hit into 10k - https://twitter.com/kamoihito/status/670202879349665792

Also, apparently the god Amane player Sendatsu is ranked 7th overall on the Nesica leaderboards currently!

EDIT: I thought about it a bit more and 4C is definitely strong for combos. This never worked before because 5C was too slow, and even if it was faster it wouldn't combo into 6C. For some reason 4C makes the ender possible and might push his average damage up in other situations as well.

Some Arukemi footage http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27692656

Currently watching it, but one important thing I'd point already is that 214C late in the combo grants the opponent air tech, as seen in the first round

EDIT: Later on he does the double gekiren Oki that'd normally go into Hariken, goes for ginga instead. The idea still works, you just need hard knockdown if you don't want to lose to delay tech

Taken from Sendatsu's twitter, I believe this is a corner combo with 2A starter and level 1 drill that gives more than 3000 damage. If anyone speaks Japanese, let me know if I translated this incorrectly. https://twitter.com/sendatsu/status/671709447819948034

2A > 5B[3] > 5D > Ginga > dash 2B > 2D > 623C > 5B[3] > 6B > delay jC[1] > j6C[2] > j2C[1] > j2B > j214B > j2C[2] > j236C

It seems that there isn't any BBCF video thread so I'll post here. 

In this video you can see a lot of intersting stuff and I really like this player, Nikki, who in my opinion has a fighting style a lot more interesting than Arukemi's ...

http://youtu.be/FM8a_fbjMNc

anyway  I really like how in bbcf you are more free and you can do longer combos... I would like to know what do you think about the new hariken 6D.. At first I thought it was a little op but judging by these videos, it seems is not so good cause it fails everytime

18 hours ago, antonymichiru said:

It seems that there isn't any BBCF video thread so I'll post here. 

In this video you can see a lot of intersting stuff and I really like this player, Nikki, who in my opinion has a fighting style a lot more interesting than Arukemi's ...

anyway  I really like how in bbcf you are more free and you can do longer combos... I would like to know what do you think about the new hariken 6D.. At first I thought it was a little op but judging by these videos, it seems is not so good cause it fails everytime

6D change didn't do anything, forced recovery still makes it bad outside of combos. I'm not sure why they did it as it has no affect on gameplay.

I will make dedicated threads once BBCF is closer to console release. Quality of play wildly fluctuates in the first few months of learning & I don't see much point in archiving combos/videos that will likely become outdated in a matter of weeks.

IIRC you could get 6D from j236C RC in BBCP but removed in CPEX. Glad to have it back. :)

Yeah, I just managed to get it. My controller's been a little on the fritz lately so I've been having trouble getting more than a few things to work the way they're supposed to. :vbang:  

Well, I'm hoping that at the very least, this version of it will be a little more reliable in use. Trying to get it to work felt finicky even when I borrowed my friend's controller.

5 minutes ago, oh no, he said said:

lately so I've been having trouble getting more than a few things to work the way they're supposed to. :vbang: 

There's a joke somewhere here that this is intended design for this character since it happens in a different way for just about every combo route you ever want to use lol

It's somewhat always been a clunky combo, not unreliable. Getting to hit opponent at a certain height while their above you, not too close to the corner, with 50 meter and pressing 6D as you land with the right timing is worthy of a venn diagram where "clunky" and "This combo" meet, marry and have beautiful kids and peaceful lives.

On another note, Dai's posted combo video above made me quickly experiment with late combo B hariken ender. If the opponent gets hit by 6C(1) close to you and late in a combo, the drill does not connect. It has a really unusual behavior that might be beneficial. It'll tend to whiff if someone wakes up neutral and stays standing, but if they crouch the hurtbox becomes larger and they are forced to block it. It looks really odd and comes off as a delayed meaty where you are allowed to block. Catches back rolls, most likely backdashes, I don't know if you can get anything better to punish fwd roll than 2A, but it is an option. Interestingly enough, 2A > 5B > 5C is OS hitconfirm for back and fwd roll. I've seen quick tech beat it, but like I said, the drill behavior when they're next to it is whack. There's probably a ton of character specific stuff to know with hitboxes this whack, but considering you get the stomp part of the move as hard knockdown, the frame advantage might be really good?

I'll mess around a bit with it in casuals. If anything, characters with annoying backdashes would have to respect the option.

I made a quick video about 1 hit hariken oki - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvsYy4JqefE

2A is the only move that will punish forward roll, all other attacks are too slow and allow them to block. Every character I tested on can quick rise without getting hit by the drill & some characters with very fast specials/supers can hit you out of the 2A. I didn't think about using 5C to hit them after level 1 hariken, it totally works! and you can pretty easily break 4.5k damage. I'll redo this video to account for it later. 

It's possible to set up this situation with other combos, but it's /way/ harder than in BBCF because 1C/4C extend combos for so much longer. I think that's why people haven't really explored this option before.

BTW, you don't have to do 2A > 5B > 5C gatling as the OS. You can buffer 5C into what would be the start-up frames of 5B, so if it does hit then you can select a more optimal combo.

What about the faster 2B to hit further rolls? Wold that work per chance if we know how much faster it is?

In CPEX, 2B doesn't work and is the same startup as 5B

In CF, I remember there was impressions of 2B being faster in some way (recovery iirc), but I doubt startup was affected. Easy solution would be to check at the frame dat... hahahaha

On 26 décembre 2015 at 1:51 AM, Eshi said:

I made a quick video about 1 hit hariken oki - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvsYy4JqefE

2A is the only move that will punish forward roll, all other attacks are too slow and allow them to block. Every character I tested on can quick rise without getting hit by the drill & some characters with very fast specials/supers can hit you out of the 2A. I didn't think about using 5C to hit them after level 1 hariken, it totally works! and you can pretty easily break 4.5k damage. I'll redo this video to account for it later. 

It's possible to set up this situation with other combos, but it's /way/ harder than in BBCF because 1C/4C extend combos for so much longer. I think that's why people haven't really explored this option before.

BTW, you don't have to do 2A > 5B > 5C gatling as the OS. You can buffer 5C into what would be the start-up frames of 5B, so if it does hit then you can select a more optimal combo.

Can someone explain me how to connect grab hariken with 2C ? Do i need a forward dash? If yes how?

your sentence doesn't make sense so I assume you mean grab hariken 2C? If so, it's a micro dash and it's hella tight. I only got it once after like 50 tries lol. Grab > 236DC ASAP (I think) > smallest dash possible > 2C