Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[CF] Bullet Final Changelist

Same deal as the final changelist thread for CP 2.0/EX. We'll compile all the changes that made it into the final build here. Post new stuff you see or stuff we saw in the loketest here and I'll compile it all in the OP. Link to the Loketest Changes and Discussion thread for reference

Links and Resources:
Day 1 Impressions by MechaMacGyver

System:

• Forward Throw wall sticks in corner 
  • Long Hitstun on CH Crush Trigger is gone

Normals:

• 6A > 5C gatling removed
  • 6A > 6C gatling added
  • 6A > 3C gatling added
  • 6B launches on normal hit
  • 5C can FC again
  • 5[C] is gone. 
  • FC 6C doesn't pop up as high
  • 2C (2) has more pushback, making it safer
  • 3C can FC
  • j.C is jump cancellable

Drive:

• No heat loss on blocked or whiffed drives
  • Drives can only be canceled by inputing 4D from the beginning. 
  • All variants of drive cause Bullet to bounce back to about her 5A range on block
  • 5D's lock on circle is huge but has slower startup
  • j.D's circle is small now but has faster startup
  • H1 Drive Follow Up wall bounces again

Specials:

• New special added, 360B. 63214D Drive Follow Up. Command Grab. Command grab deals about 1500 damage with no follow-up, about 2815 with followup. No invincibility. No followup leaves them next to you. Midscreen, H2 follow-up bounces them back to you right out of 6A's reach. With her back to the corner, H2 follow up wall splats
  • H0 Flint Shooter goes full screen
  • H1 Flint Shooter has 2 hits. H2 Flint Shooter has 3 hits
  • Afterburner is faster
  • Cutting Shear has more horizontal range but no longer gives guaranteed untechable knockdown
  • Miquelet Capture is projectile invuln earlier, making it more reliable for beating projectiles. 
  • Snaphance Engage H1 and H2 launch the opponent to the other side of the screen. Can follow up with usual juggles if tossed into the corner. 
  • OD Snaphance Engage no longer launches the opponent to the other side of the screen

Distortions:

• Serpentine Assault has a mini dash added to it, giving more horizontal range. 
  • Serpentine Assault's damage is down to 4620
  • Rage Aggressor's run cover more ground

Misc:

• In the corner you can link Capture |> 5B again in corner combos like you could before CPEX

I've been wondering if this deserves a mention here, but maybe we should also mention non-obvious system changes that affect our gameplay? For instance, Bursts hitting through invulnerability means we can no longer bait it with Miquelet. Our OD combos also got shorter because jump-canceling into raw OD activation is still considered an OD cancel.

Rather not. System changes usually speak for themselves and apply universally. This thread is only for compiling changes to Bullet herself. That said, I do sort of understand what you are looking for but I think it would be better in a different thread where we go over Bullet's changes in CF in a much more detailed fashion. Not sure if it's clear what I mean just from that. To give an example of what I mean, something I found very interesting that the Persona community started doing recently in response to there being hope for 2.0 console release is that they made evernotes/google docs/posts where they just go over universal and character specific changes to their character and how that impacted their overall gameplay. Here's one Pssych did for 2.0 Yosuke to give you an idea. This is sort of what we could do. I mean, not now but in like 3 months from now when CF Bullet is more developed

...Actually, I'm liking this idea the more I think about it. There's a few extra things I'd like to do to improve further on what the Persona community did too. Guess I'll put it on the pile of things to do ^,^

Few things I got from @MechaMacGyver tweets.

• FC 6C doesn't pop up as high
  • H1 Drive Follow up wall bounces again

Here's a few other things he said but he didn't seem sure or didn't go into details so I'm not adding them to the OP yet.

• 623B might be faster have better horizontal range.
  • 720 might have bigger range.
  • Zero Heat fireball is good and gets better at H1 and H2.

Bullet footage  at 9h 16m http://www.twitch.tv/nanajo_live/v/26499853

Just reconfirming some loctest stuff I saw in the match against the Terumi

• No heat levels are lost on blocked drives
  • 5D circle is huge but it's slower
  • j.D's circle is tiny

Hard to tell just from observation but the command grab seems to have a good amount of range from what I've seen so far. This is good!

Bullet looked really nice in that Twitch video. 

-The 360 Command Grab is GOD send.

-The Range increase on 720 is DEFINITELY noticeable making it MUCH better. Her 623B def has increased range also.

-I like how seeing her 5D having so much range/speed catches people by surprise. 

-Afterburner looks really good now in how fast you charge up heat levels. So fast.

I know its day 1-2 but seeing a Bullet player win all his matches vs Izayoi/Tager/Terumi/Hakuman/Hazama on this stream looks good!

On 19.11.2015, 21.30.15, RurouniLoneWolf said:

Bullet footage  at 9h 16m http://www.twitch.tv/nanajo_live/v/26499853

http://www.twitch.tv/nanajo_live/v/26499853?t=09h16m00s Timestamped link, a bit easier. I'll remove this post if you change it.

Edit: Apparantly there's more bullet in this. Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to Bullet CF videos? Since she's so fundamentally changed from CP/CPEX.

http://www.twitch.tv/nanajo_live/v/26499853?t=11h18m15s - Bullet vs Izayoi. I just skipped through the video a bit, no way I have time to look through the entire 14 hour archive. x_x

Edit again, made a short gfy of her new cmd throw, it's neat as fuck. http://gfycat.com/AdmiredSophisticatedChupacabra I really like it. FEEL THE HEEL is my new slogal.

720 super got a slight nerf in the damage department, from 5020 dmg to 4620 dmg, but I guess that's in line with all damage nerfed. < EDIT: Later in the video it does 5082 dmg. I don't know anymore.

10 hours ago, Nyaa said:

720 super got a slight nerf in the damage department, from 5020 dmg to 4620 dmg, but I guess that's in line with all damage nerfed. < EDIT: Later in the video it does 5082 dmg. I don't know anymore.

Remember that your damage can now be boosted by Active Flow and counter-hit. When it is, the damage display turns red.

EDIT: Is it just me, or did Rage Aggressor's run become much faster? I'm pretty sure it doesn't connect from corner 623B 22D, but it easily does so in that Izayoi match.

*scrub who just played through arcade mode

Her moves feel faster in general. Hopefully I'm not imagining it. Her drive attacks feel so much less chunky. The few combos I knew with her still basically worked, aside from 22d bouncing the opponent away now. I lost to Nine though, which was embarrassing. She's tough compared to CP "bosses", but that's about it. I never really used Bullet in the past, I'm bad. :(  

So 360B>63214D wall splats if Bullet is close to the wall. Don't know if it's range specific or what but I saw it in one of the vids. I have to go find it though (currently at work.)

Not sure if it's limited to H2 or not.

Got back from Round 1 here in Socal some things I tested.

- 720A has a mini dash added to it extending its grab range. Was really noticeable when I was being barrier blocked. Still grabbed them after the push back range.

- Windcutter 623B has increased range. The hit-box reaches further horizontally.

- Capture 41236C has projectile invincibility right form the start from what I tried vs Nu-13. I was able to capture right when her swords where on top of me every time, also feels like it moves faster.

- H2 360B wall-splats when you actually have a wall behind you in comparison to wall-bouncing everywhere else. Was really nice. Forgot to test H1.

I have some other stuff written down that Ill edit later.  

An increase on the range of her 720 makes me so happy I might cry ^,^ Capture having 1f projectile invuln sounds really nice too. I've updated the OP with what we have so far. Thanks for all your contributions everyeone!

On 11/20/2015, 8:24:52, Nyaa said:

Edit: Apparantly there's more bullet in this. Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to Bullet CF videos? Since she's so fundamentally changed from CP/CPEX.

eh, I guess I could make the new CF threads. Give me a moment. 

hmmmm, seems like blocked drive doesn't really bounce back far enough for it to be a safe distance like it did in loketest. Not sure, if it's actually punishable from just watching the video since it's possible the Bullet pushed a button but it definitely seems close enough for people to start pressure of their own :S 
https://youtu.be/7eNsyqMiS5M?t=6338

I think it was that Bullet on the video. He was doing nothing at all cept spam D the whole match. From what I tried I was doing 2B from bounce backs esp on red locks. Unless we find some actual good Bullet footage at some point to determine this, Ill be back to test CF Bullet soon to reconfirm.

Let me know what you find if you go back to test. I'm pretty confident just by looking at it that even H2 red lock is slightly negative, which does line up with what we heard in loketests. I'm more interested to know if it's negative enough to get punished on block. 

21 hours ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

hmmmm, seems like blocked drive doesn't really bounce back far enough for it to be a safe distance like it did in loketest. Not sure, if it's actually punishable from just watching the video since it's possible the Bullet pushed a button but it definitely seems close enough for people to start pressure of their own :S 
https://youtu.be/7eNsyqMiS5M?t=6338

Just to note, in the 2nd round, the Hibiki player IBed H0 Orange lock Bullet and didn't punish so i'm going to say the Bullet player hit a button in the mentioned part.