Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[CF] Rachel Alucard Final Changelist

Rurouni gets it. Lotus basically gives you a pressure reset on top of the oki it already gives you. Not only that, but proper lotus oki (in the corner) does not require wind. You guys probably haven't seen it yet, since videos are limited, but I can guarantee you will see staggered lotus oki after 236C > 3C > 22A in the corner. Strong oki that grants you a free lotus status effect, and no wind required. Then you can do whatever you want for pressure afterward. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but I noticed Rachel's wind also regens a little bit when we're being beat up in an air combo.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but I noticed Rachel's wind also regens a little bit when we're being beat up in an air combo.

Holy shit

It's true, she now regens wind in the air a bit o.O

yeah, she has a lot of small (big) changes here and there in this game. Also another thing you guys might like that still probably isn't seen in videos yet, is that you combo off normal hit cat chair now (I don't think she could do that in BBCP2 right?). I was able to get cat chair > 8D > 5B > jBjC > jBjC > j236A  and..... cat chair > 8D > 5B > jBjCj2D > jump cancel > jC > dash 6A4B5CC (realllly tight, i guess the proration isn't that good). I'm sure you could get better combos off it..  I think the trickiest part about this though, is differentiating between the CH and non-CH before you go into the combo (since you can't use 8D for the CH combo).

Interesting, can't really see how much though, maybe wind regen in air is half the rate it is on the ground?

rachel combos have gotten ridiculously easy, I guess they want her to be more playable? Air juggles seem as important as ever.

bbl seems to be difficult to hit with in the corner in general. Straight from 5cc, it seems to completely whiff.

Now that you mention it, the few times I used bbl in a combo, the damage was pretty underwhelming.... starting to wonder if the main hit whiffed, and only the pole/rod hits landed.... might have to check that out later next month.

Air wind regen isn't quite as fast as half. :P  But you can at least visually see it increasing in the air (even if it's very little). Maybe 1/4 speed.

~5cc 6c j.c j.236c 5b 6a 4b 5cc has been pretty stable for me from normal starters if fully cornered. It's nice that we do have a windless route at least.

Short starters have been hit or miss for me. I find them teching between 6a 4b from some short starters.

Anyone have ideas? Maybe just 5b (6a) 236a ender?

short starters? As in like jA or 2A starter?

Try....

corner IOH jAjB > slide 5A( <<-- can omit) 5B5CC > 6CjCj236B > slide 5A5B6A236C > 3C > 22A

corner 2A5B5CDC > 6CjCj236B > 5B6A236C > 3C > 22A

Really stable (haven't tested it on bang though). You can probably get (very slightly) better damage elsewhere, but you should be able to figure out right away, why this setup is so good, and why I choose to use it over other setups atm. lol. Kinda can't wait to get back to Japan later this week so I can mess around with more Rachel combos though. Really fun to mess around with in this game thanks to the new 22A.

Also for short starter combos that use up a lot of resources. You should check out this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL0nRV3w4EM Can get about 3k off IOH with 2 wind and 50 meter.. About 4k off 2A with 2 wind and 50 meter. Again, these are going to cost you, but the damage is worth it if you have the resources. They also go into standard lotus oki (though it won't be as good... it is consistent oki regardless).

I tested the above combos on Bang.  They all work, which is great.  Tried it on various characters and still no drops.  Even something silly like 2AAA and the whole thing still works.  What's the reason for 236C btw?  I assumed it would've been a staggered lotus but I don't think it reached?

Also tried out N-O's combo that he tweeted out yesterday.  Very resource heavy but I wanted to check it out.

5B > 5CC > 6C > jC > j236C 5B > 6A > 236B 9D 6A > 214B 5CC > 236C 9D > 5CC > frog > 3C 3C > BBL

Did 4.4-4.5k or so with poison added on top of that.  Very fancy looking.  2B starter works, but I haven't tried it off of j.BAC.  My next visit is going to consist of getting those midscreen 6A combos down.

The second lotus won't hit without wind. It's mostly extra insurance in case they roll, and allows you to wind a second lotus on your opponent as an option if you want to (though you don't need to use it... it's pretty much just extra reinforcement to her oki).

Glad to see more combos using poison bats. And of course, them looking fancy makes it even better! :P

Anyone else notice a distinct lack of Rachel match footage?  Is there little to no confidence in her viability in CF or something?

Just now, Venussail91 said:

Anyone else notice a distinct lack of Rachel match footage?  Is there little to no confidence in her viability in CF or something?

Sadly, this feels like the usual pace we get Rachel matches at ;.; Not a lot of people play Rachel to begin with, never mind play on stream. When N-O played her a lot in CP 1.0 and 1.1, the pace was somewhat better because he frequents a-cho and a-cho uploads a lot of footage.

The game has barely been out two weeks, and everything Rurouni said is pretty spot on. I'll definitely remember the BBCP days as the golden age of Rachel footage since N-O was super into it.

On topic, one thing I noted with the new lotus is that since it activates so fast, if you miss and shoot past an opponent with a full screen lobelia, you can still summon the bat and wind it back on them with 4d to cover your ass. Looks pretty annoying, and I believe it's one of the reasons 236b and 236c recover so fast now.

Seems like we shouldn't be doing 1 hit 6C into jC for our corner combos.  Doing 5 hits into jC 236B allows us to get Ivy out without additional wind.

5B > 5CC > 6C (5) > jC > 236B 5CC > Ivy into whatever ender you want.  I'm pretty sure you can do this from a short starter as well.