EXonestar

[BBCF] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion

BBCF_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png.b24c

(This Thread has been changed to the  "BBCF: Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion" thread)

*Note* - When browsing the these forums please follow the rules of the site, failure to do so will result in an Infraction. If you do not know the rules you can check them here -> Site Rules.

Gameplay Discussion Only
  • Remember to keep the discussion strictly game-play related.
  • Feel free to discuss Match Videos, Combos, Mix-ups, Strategies, etc.
  • If you have a question or are unsure about something, please look on the wiki first. Her page can be found Here - Before asking
  • And Please remember its a new update ~ Try not to make any final conclusions until there is more information available ~ Thanks

:LI:

EDIT: Blazblue CentralFiction is out in Arcades! This thread will be used to report and paste any findings you have found around the internet about Miss Litchi that you want to discuss~

That may be:

• Notes or Feedback from Japanese players
  • Gameplay discoveries /  New setups /  Combo ideas / Anything you wish to know more about but don't understand etc
  • Discussions on her changes / new moves / frame data
  • Videos posted to discuss changes,  you may wish to share with people in order to possibly ask a  question or talk about theories.
    (but please be reasonable and avoid wishful thinking like "I hope she gets S tier / Is she worth using anymore? / I hope she gets back [X] so we can]

Discuss. (And as Uri said "Please keep the discussions civil, and don't spam the thread with doomsday nonsense.")

Edited by EXonestar

On 28/08/2015, 01:30:32, Urichinan said:

A compilation of Litchi's changes can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GmxHXctTA9QfsMDXN1R3cedyiVD6goOCUT8A4IJLdjk/edit?usp=sharing

Please keep the discussions civil, and don't spam the thread with doomsday nonsense.

Uri_Woz already compiled a list of her changes but this was a while ago and subject to change - Continue the discussion here~

For those that missed it - The stream linked below is the one that luckily had around 4 hours of a single Litchi player in Training-mode which later on moved on to Casuals.

http://www.twitch.tv/fantasistaokayama/v/26483776

Through out the training mode he seems hell bent on repeating certain combos but watching some BBCF litchi in Training mode did help gather some data and knowledge how how some things work. possible routes and etc.

From what has been seen so far, it seems like she's reverted back to her CS1/CT version in a sense that she somewhat has longer combos and her great wall carry.

Combos seen so far via Streams / Social Media

2D launch>jBCB>5B>5B>6>5B>4B>Tsubame (2246)

2A>5B>2B>4B>6>5B>4B>Tsubame (2204)

5B[m]>2B>[4B>6>5B]x3>4B>Tsubame (2860)

6A > 4B > Itsuu A > 5B > 6D > Rekkas > 5B 6C > 5[D] > super.

6A > 2D > Dash 5B > 5B > RenchanB > Hatsu > RiichiA > Chankan works (mid-screen)

5B[m] > 2B > 4B > RenchanB > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuA > Chankan > 6C(1) > 5D > Chun > Staff 2 > 6D > Tsubame (midscreen)

Throw > Renchan > Hatsu > RiichiB > 6C(1) > 5D > Chun > Staff 2 > 6C(1) > Tsubame

6A > 2D > Dash 5B > 4B > RenchanB > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuA > Chankan > 5D > Haku > Chun > Staff 2 > 6C(1) > Tsubame (mid-screen)

Edited by EXonestar

so I've been considering switching mains in CF  and I ended up messing with her in CPEX training mode.

I just wanted to know is there a trick to getting that 4b> 6b(whiff) > 41236D~A combo to work? I always get Itsuu too late and the A just whiffs.

Also is it even necessary to learn when 4b > 41236D~A seems alot easier?

oh and my bad if this is the wrong thread, I just figured my question would be more likely to be seen here :sweatdrop:

On 22/11/2015, 05:05:33, LionHeartx said:

so I've been considering switching mains in CF  and I ended up messing with her in CPEX training mode.

I just wanted to know is there a trick to getting that 4b> 6b(whiff) > 41236D~A combo to work? I always get Itsuu too late and the A just whiffs.

Also is it even necessary to learn when 4b > 41236D~A seems alot easier?

oh and my bad if this is the wrong thread, I just figured my question would be more likely to be seen here :sweatdrop:

Actually it's a good question - Personally, no one will know if the 4B > 6B has a different time frame or something / personally looks the same.

It used to be easy as hell. in the first versions of CP. in CPEX it became a bit tighter but nothing you can't grind and master in like 10-20min maybe.

In relation to CF, you'd have to ask or "we" would have to ask a Japanese player - It may have changed a bit - but I personally doubt it will change to be honest. I think it'll be the same.

I believe it's necessary to learn a bit because you never know - there may be a Corner combo that consists of  4B>6Bf> Itsuu A > Wall bounce > "insert BBCF route"

I can see why people are asking this question because seems like everything from 4B goes in to Renchan flip launcher (the new move she got) but learn it. JUST in case. imo

I'm actually going to give a few corrections about 4B and ItsuuA:

4B > ItsuuA is a 2f link and doesn't work at the end of highly prorated combos due to decreased untechable time. 4B > 6Bf > ItsuuA has a larger window for connecting the 4B into ItsuuA because 6Bf recovers faster than 4B does. An example of this would be CH 5D launch anti-air > 5B > j.B > j.C > Staff 2 > 5B > 4B > Ender. 4B > ItsuuA won't work here because there's not enough time, however 6Bf > ItsuuA will work because of the faster recovery.

The most common starter where 6Bf needs to be used is from 6A[m] > 4B. 4B doesn't recover in time for ItsuuA to combo here, so 6Bf needs to be used. There's a few situations where things like this happen, so it's really important to learn the 6Bf version.

The reverse situation also happens, where 6Bf can't be used over 4B > ItsuuA directly. There are times where the opponent will be too close after 4B and 6Bf will put you into a position where either your inputs get reversed or ItsuuA will cause the opponent to fall the wrong way (Like out of the corner). More often than not you'll want to use 4B > ItsuuA when you're really deep in the corner or right underneath the opponent when 4B hits. Make sure you practice both!

As for CF routes including ItsuuA, you can special cancel into Itsuu again this version and 4B is now special cancelable, so ItsuuA links aren't a thing anymore. Not to mention that Itsuu can't be used in mid-screen combos anymore, so the 4B > ItsuuA route is only usable in the corner now.

Hopefully, this helps!

EDIT: Also, to help with the timing on it, make sure you're buffering Itsuu during the recovery of 4B/6Bf. Start inputting 41236D right at the ender of 4B/6Bf and then hit A as soon as you enter Itsuu.

On 27/11/2015, 14:59:27, Urichinan said:

As for CF routes including ItsuuA, you can special cancel into Itsuu again this version and 4B is now special cancelable, so ItsuuA links aren't a thing anymore. Not to mention that Itsuu can't be used in mid-screen combos anymore, so the 4B > ItsuuA route is only usable in the corner now.

This answers your question then @LionHeartx  

Its not going to be hard ;3 so don't go too ham on the practice in CPEX > CF will be fine~

On 11/29/2015, 1:22:09, EXonestar said:

This answers your question then @LionHeartx  

Its not going to be hard ;3 so don't go too ham on the practice in CPEX > CF will be fine~

Her corner stuff should be useful in getting the flow/feel down for CF, no?

More than 1 hour of litchi matches in this video (BBCF 12/12/2015 )

Koike (Litchi)

VS

??? (Tsubaki), Koteru (Platinum), Matoi (Kokonoe), Grandia (Tager), Tager,Rukkora (Makoto),MAVEN (Platinum),Tenkyoku (Rachel),other ??? (Tsubaki)

Although itsuu has been nerfed, the CH version is too good especially Itsuu a/c

In that koike video, he gives us a nice RC combo off a itsuu B confirm near corner in to RC 4D

And an itsuu A CH combo

This video is really good staple at this point.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

It might not be a bad idea for those of us playing CF to write down some common combo parts for posterity. For example...

214B Riichi A Ippatsu B Hatsu 6C(1) [D] 66C Hatsu Chuun ]D[ 6C(1)/4B[m] 623D (ender if in corner)

I should double-check this but I'm pretty sure this combo works with even really awful confirms (5AA at east, maybe even 5AAA) .

BBCF 2.0 Comes out   August 3rd in ARCADES
Here are Litchi's Changes !

Litchi 

- Vertical Staff Launch: 2nd hit won't force CH when the 1st one hits a CH

- Daisharin: can't use it during any kind of tech, during OD activation or EA

- Renchan (projectile part): less hitstop; floats less on air hit

- Renchan B (Litchi part): less recovery; because of the projectile change it's more unsafe on block and worse on hit

- Renchan C (Litchi): slower startup; less recovery; total frames have increased but she moves faster after throwing staff

- Renchan C (Litchi): because of the projectile change it's more unsafe on block, but still the same on hit

- Kanchan (charge): faster startup after the crossup; will crossup even in the corner

On 8/10/2017 at 6:07 PM, MaskManZX said:

No More Renchan Combos?

lol yes they still exist,  there are CF2 videos up for you to see.  You should check out a couple.

To our knowledge so far. The Ren chan's Projectile hit has less hit stop so we can't do long range non-CH conversions off it like we can now  - they tech faster

The one combo that someone confirmed to "not work" anymore is  xx>Ren Chan > 236c>236a>236b > 63214A (because ren chan's hit stop his reduced)
Ren Chan is a bit less safe on hit > but it isn't really the best move to use for "pressure" but it's still good to fill in gaps at time.

But............ the good thing is, they balanced the Ren Chan change by making its recovery faster. That's probably why a large majority of our old combos still work.

Also in other news ,  since Kan Chan is now faster:  litchi can do 6C > Kan-chan in normal combos
Example: https://youtu.be/4mI-zdYer1g?t=2584

Edited by EXonestar

NOTICE: 

The Litchi CF/CF2 Guide is currently in the works by a Fellow Litchi player  (who is in the Litchi Discord chat)
I have no control over this but we are all going to help him as much as we can until the guide is finished

Hopefully this will be done by the end of next month or something depending on how busy everyone is but it is a Ongoing Work In Progress~  

And please, I highly suggest that everyone join the "Litchi Discord" chat server because it has a lot of resources / videos / Helpers that can help you in learning/getting stronger with litchi~

Discord Link (Never Expires): https://discord.gg/GSwqYUr