Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NaotoKuroShiro

[CF] Kokonoe Changelist and News

This thread is to compile all the changes made to Kokonoe in the final build, please post any new changes or changes that were from loketests that made it into the final game.

-Normals:

-J.2C now ground bounces, able to combo after.

-Drive:

-Specials:

-New Special: ???, Kokonoe uses two giant mechs to hurl herself at the opponent, seems to be affected by her Drive, air OK.

-Broken Bunker now only has one version, can possibly be charged, charged version doesn't follow up after planting the bomb, instead the bomb stays on for longer before detonating.

-Distortion Drives:

-Exceed Accel:

-???, Kokonoe summons two devices, one that shoots several missiles at the opponent and the other pulls the opponent in before shocking them.

https://youtu.be/ICr--ZlJrBA?t=308

-Other:

Image of her new special

koko.png

2 hours ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

Kokonoe's Exceed Accel
https://youtu.be/xKnD9pXv2QQ?t=1524

j.2C Ground Bounces
https://youtu.be/xKnD9pXv2QQ?t=1567

Version of Bunker that doesn't blow them away and leaves the bomb on longer to detonate
https://youtu.be/xKnD9pXv2QQ?t=1502

so that's her exceed accel, out of all the characters I think hers was the last to actually be shown lol, thanks rurouni, OP updated.

J.2C ground bounce is nice, though it didn't seem possible to combo off of it but maybe on ch the ground bounce will be higher, that at least gives us a follow up without relying on graviton, rays or overdrive.

I saw ch bounce, looks the same :/ either the koko didn't combo or resources required...

im getting a "same but different" feel from koko. I guess that's good, she's pretty good in the current game. Can't wait to see this new spinning move she has, and how it will affect her gameplay.

3 hours ago, TD said:

I saw ch bounce, looks the same :/ either the koko didn't combo or resources required...

im getting a "same but different" feel from koko. I guess that's good, she's pretty good in the current game. Can't wait to see this new spinning move she has, and how it will affect her gameplay.

ah then looks like ch is possibly out too then, so far it looks like it just gives us more time to set gravitons or rays or just to start pressure.

kokonoe is one of those characters like litchi I believe unless they outright nerf her drive or basic gameplan, she'll still be at least good.

as for the new move, it looks like it gives a new way to follow gravitons other than teleport, also its air ok as seen here:

https://youtu.be/TsQMCoYYhT0?t=697

so we have a new aerial approach, I'm also looking forward to how it will be used.

new charged bunker is pretty sweat lol, not only does it knockdown midscreen (on airbrone characters) and gives us another trap to threat the opponent with but it also can be comboed off from which may lead to higher damage and new routes.

Whoa that's very very good for koko, she's looking to be extremely scary in this game. She already had good set play, now it looks like she's a mixup character again and doesn't need prior resources on the field. Safe to say she's fine in this game..

new move is so over the top it's almost ridiculous lol. But it helps with damage midscreen and likely rids koko of those annoying hurtbox characters like Noel who were hard to hit with certain optimal combos.

with no glaring nerfs, it's safe to say she will be really good or at least stronger than before.

43 minutes ago, TD said:

Whoa that's very very good for koko, she's looking to be extremely scary in this game. She already had good set play, now it looks like she's a mixup character again and doesn't need prior resources on the field. Safe to say she's fine in this game..

new move is so over the top it's almost ridiculous lol. But it helps with damage midscreen and likely rids koko of those annoying hurtbox characters like Noel who were hard to hit with certain optimal combos.

with no glaring nerfs, it's safe to say she will be really good or at least stronger than before.

and most importantly she looks like a blast to play this time lol, I really am liking that new spin move, its damage is a huge plus.

Start by Reading the Cpex threads on this subforum, plenty of information to get started.

8 hours ago, TD said:

Start by Reading the Cpex threads on this subforum, plenty of information to get started.

The problem with that is, I'm a hands on learner. When I read something and it doesn't work, I automatically go back to my old habits. I need someone to help me.

On 2/15/2016 at 8:02 PM, tsdZero said:

Is there anyone here that can teach me Kokonoe in PS4's BBCPEX? I'd ask in the respective threads but they're more dead than BB's listing at EVO.

I'd teach you if i had a Ps4 and/or the game, are you getting the Pc version?

Most of her neutral game carries over with subtle differences and a new tool. Pressure should be mostly the same. Combos and oki are the only thing that got really noticeable changes. Combos look easier, Oki without using resources in the corner much better. Strength wise she still looks solid.