Sign in to follow this  
Final Ultima

[CF] Ragna Video Discussion/Analysis Thread

BBCF_Header_Video_Thread.png

Information
  • Use this thread to post, discuss, and analyze videos of Ragna in BlazBlue: Central Fiction.
  • To find Ragna matches, please consult the "Video Databases" tab below the forum banner and use the search engines provided.
  • If you know of any tutorial or combo videos that have yet to be posted, please do post them and they will be added to the opening post.

Notable Players

It took a while, but here's our first Ragna combo compilation in BLAZBLUE CENTRALFICTION, courtesy of Isshy. Now that we've got some combos to work with (outside of whatever people piece together in matches), I'll start work on the combo thread over the next couple of days.

And yes, Black Onslaught is way faster now.

A recent GAME CHARIOT match between kaqn and Denpo has highlighted something very interesting. We already know that the Same Attack Combo system has been altered so that performing certain specials more than once in the same combo now only affects damage rather than hitstun decay. This in itself happens to have an additional benefit for Ragna. Due to the considerable untechable time of Ragna's Drives during Blood Kain, Over Drive combos can last basically as long as the Over Drive duration can afford. The thing that makes this particularly noteworthy is that while repeating most beneficial specials in Over Drive will sacrifice damage in the long run, lifesteal will continue to increase. As a result, large life swings such as this can now occur with added frequency.

A bunch of optimized and useful routes for CF Ragna:

Will transcript later to the combo thread, but they're easy enough to understand only by watching tbh.

More random stuff I guess, DS> 5C> j.C> j.D> GH routes into DID punch

And a little useful OS vs wakeup options (read the description!)

Heyas

EDIT: I don't know if people know about this already, but I never ever see any of this when I see other Ragnas on Youtube since NE is significantly more appealing. Maybe this isn't so great after all but it still exists yo

I just wanted to chime in my 2 cents. I havent played the CF version of Ragna for long at all (I don't own a console so I was still playing CPEX while CF was on console) so I don't know the usefulness/legitimacy of this setup. But Ragna's 22C safejump oki can still be utilised in CF without costing you TOO much damage (around 400 usually) Albeit physically executing the combo is a little harder now. It mostly involves using 3C 2D 22C (with loops possible).

I didn't record myself but just did it to show it conceptually and I'm fairly certain if you dashcancel 22C and neutral jump quickly enough it is a true safejump (Watchout for things like Hakumen's Yukikaze though that shit still beats it)

Please read descriptions as well

Also a stronger combo that goes into 22C oki if you can get a crouching hitconfirm is this (just sub carnage scissors for dash cancel neutraljump)

Edited by NQuad1Zero
Additional Info

Also, in addition to the 22C video, here's proof of concept that the safejump does work. Though I believe the combo cannot be super prorated (either that, or you can't use 22C more than once)

EDIT: You can still use 22C more than once to achieve the safejump. and using a 2B starter still achieves this too. it's just if you did something really long like regular 5B 6A 6D j214D 6C 214D 3C 2D 22C 236D dc 3C 2D 22C then the opponent will be able to tech alot earlier even though it's still a red combo (I'm guessing the 3C 2D 22C untech time is the only thing that allowed that particular combo in question)

Edited by NQuad1Zero
Additional Info

Alright just posting some basic stuff for 2.0 Ragna, a relatively short BnB video (nothing special really) and an oki sorta idea thing using the new bounce effect on NE (has potential!)

Sign in to follow this