Monarch

[CF] Λ -11- General Discussion Thread

BBCF_Header_General_Discussion.png

General Discussion Rules:

Remember to keep the discussion Lambda related.

Discussion about matches, combos, mixups, strategies, etc is fine

Disorganized things I remember from yesterday:

j2D doesn't pick up from the ground, will be missed.

236B6A &236B6B is pretty cool.  The overhead can hit pretty quickly, but needs a counter hit or rapid to follow up if it hits as early as possible.  Spacing 236B6A so it hits later in the animation or hitting the opponent in the air allows for meterless follow ups, but I didn't get the spacing down. 5B>5C>3C>236B>6B didn't have enough untech time to do ##>RC>66C

5B>3C>214A>5C>5AB>## Looks like airhit 5C combos into guard crush without fatal, probably help us get more damage as we work out proration and stuff.  Gotta try grounded 5C>5AB next time I go.

Guard Cancel OD>Immediate Accel seemed pretty good, Accel gives us a reversal option we haven't really had access to.  People can probably do the same thing to us during our 5C,6C,3C animations, so might want to be careful with your blockstrings if the opponent has burst.

5B>3C>214B>6C>236C>236D>either 214D or swords.  Trying to follow up 214D with dash 5B was no good because not enough untech time, 2D whiffed (should have tried 6D).

Corner 236B6B > 5B works

Corner 236C doesn't combo into 22D or 214D

Corner Throw>214D>6C>236C still combos

Airhit 5C>6C>6D didn't work because airhit 6C doesn't float as high I think,

Airhit 6A antiair>5C>6C>236A236C Cavalier didn't connect at low height.  RIP corner carry.

Overall feel: plays almost exactly like she used to, gonna be real simple for CP Lambda players to transition to CF

How much of the changes to Lambda-11 stayed from the loketest? Overall she looks like she will be a bit more stable if you know what I mean in terms of being able to do her thing, but she seems like she still suffers from the same weaknesses she faces in BBCPEX. Her overhead doesn't seem particularly good, but Act Parcer Tri's first move seems to get her quite a bit more options for what she can do on offense. There's a lot of videos for her, but I haven't seem to see any one necessarily discuss about what she's doing now.

Most of the changes stuck minus some damage values and aesthetics (pew pew), and you pretty much have it down: the changes she received didn't change her much if at all. Her new combo routes with Tri are similar to the combos she does in CPEX, though it is easier to convert into combos from all ranges now. Her fundamental flaw of having  "okay" zoning and minimal rushdown tools also remains, making her CF iteration look like the same character with a new coat of paint: which may explain the lack of discussion about her. 

I just play her from this current demo, it seem she get little buff with the new moves set, but her 236D stun time seem less than before.

At least, I can still see that she is better than v-13 now due to how badly that one nerfed down.

After watching combo video from youtube, I think lamda can connect any initial hit into her combo, except regular 22D hit and 236B~6A hit.  I really hope someone make a combo for those two openning because they land hit the most often in real game.   It is a pity if the hit is only meant for poke.

9/14: Din't want to burn another post for it, and I don't know how much a difference it makes, but there isn't a dead spot for Lambda's Legacy Edge like there is for Nu. It starts right in front of her

---

Just got out of the demo. Can't say I ran into any other Lambda players tho.

I've been searching thru as many gameplay vids as I could and then having tried her myself, her combos seem pretty simple. Nothing overly complex or tightly timed. Getting adjusted to the 236B~6X inputs are also fun but aggravating when u end up short (i'm looking at YOU ~6A). I'd have to agree that the 236D is shorter.

I recorded some matches and should be throwing them in the critique thread some time later on today. (Warning: I am obviously, nothing impressive)

Edited by M19Kamikaze
Realization

I must say, I tried out the US demo and wow, Lambda feels great.

I'm not really talking about any of the specific changes, but she overall feels a lot tighter and faster than her CPEX version. Her corner game also seems a lot better

Expect to take a quick second to get used to how the sword juggles and combos are now if you're like me

I hope the US demo has a weekend of netplay so I can try her out online. :keke:

I've just watched Lambda's arcade mode, and I've got a question:

Spoiler

Why is Lambda so strong during the story? On top of that Nu appears to be extremely weak, it's the opposite of how it is normally. 

Anyone have any or know where to find frame data for her moves?
I keep getting asked how plus/minus her 236B and how fast her 6B is and all I can say is, "I have no idea... but I hear rock is +22"