Sign in to follow this  
Monarch

[CF] Λ -11- Critique, FAQ, and Q&A Thread

BBCF_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

Need help stepping your game up? Quick question about a certain move's property? This is the place to be! We're here to give supportive and constructive feedback regarding your gameplay, and answer any character related questions you may have.

Hi, I would like to ask if there is any good follower after she landing a hit on 22D?   I hope this skill is not one time poke only.

Another situation that might come often is that when you use 236B and let opponent guard on the mid, they will react against low guard for 6B next, but if you could hit them with 236A overhead, what can you follow after that?  I also hope this is just not one time poke thing.

note: 236B~6A > 5B > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236D > 66 > 4D > 2D > JC > j.D > j.6D > JC > j.D > j.214D (3422)  
This does not work if you make a contact to opponent with 236B first.  it require very precious 6A timing to jump at the right distant above opponent. So it is different to my situation where 236B hit first.

22D can only be followed up on counter hit or with an RC.

Midscreen Counter Hit Confirm Example: CH 22D > 66 > 3C > 214B > 6A > 6C > 236D > 236C > 6C > 5D > 2D > 214D

As for using 236B > 6A as a blockstring, again: only confirmable with an RC. If you don't have the meter you can use 2B okizeme after it to catch the opponent rolling or delay teching, if they don't roll you're free to apply pressure.

Miscreen RC Confirm Example: 236B (block) > 6A (hit) > RC > 5B > 6A > 6C > 236D > 66 236C > 2D > JC > j.D > j.6D > JC > j.D > j.6D > j.214D

Any and all advice is appreciated. I know some of my issues comes down to input error and come with practice, but I more times than I'd like I feel like I don't know the right thing to do.

As a disclaimer I won't comment on combo routes since I'm not too familiar with them myself at the moment, but you should try to optimize them by watching some of the videos found in the combo thread: as you going for routes that didn't work or just simply dropped got you punished a few times. And more importantly because better routes will put you in situations where you control the flow of the match.

• While there were some situations where you made the right call in neutral, I feel that neutral is your biggest weakness understandably: as that's definitely one of the tougher things to improve with Lambda. In situations like 1:19 and 4:12 where you just stood there at full screen awkwardly, Lambda needs to constantly move in order to not be pinned down by an opponent: whether that means you're using airdash > j.B (on that note try not to use j.2C like that, the extended hurtbox makes it that much easier for the opponent to anti-air you) to get in or away from your opponent or 2B to tag an opponent who thought they were going to run in on you fullscreen. Aside from that if you don't feel like you know where the opponent is going to go and don't want to risk throwing out a sword, use Spike Chaser to cover a few of those options.
  • For the most part your pressure was pretty solid, I would suggest incorporating 2A stagger pressure or a throw every once in a while though.
  • To avoid what happened at 12:38. use 4D to hit him out of 236A or spam Spike Chaser.
  • I notice you're using 5B as a pseudo anti-air, and while it worked out in some situations: 6A is undoubtedly the better option given its head invulnerability and start up speed.
  • I'm sure you figured it out by now but to avoid what happened at 6:58 you have to barrier guard.

Overall though good job, I don't really have a lot to comment on because you handled that set pretty well given the matchup.

@M19Kamikaze

0) Learning your CF combos will do you good.  Anti-air swords into Cavalier gives us tons of carry,

1) Gravity Well zoning is good. We don't get to cancel our recovery like Nu though, so throwing it out in neutral (like at 4:10 & 5:46) against people with decent projectiles is unadvisable, instead, throw it out when you're using swords on the opponent's guard or as they're waking up.

2) (0:50, 7:12, 7:35)) 3C is kind of a bad blockstring ender.  If you want to get away after it, 22D is pretty good for that.  If you want to maintain pressure, 236A or 236B into their follow ups work.  Doing 236D or 214D feels risky, at least against Jin since it feels like his 3C reaches further than ours and can CH Lambda out of the startup of these attacks.

3) Snowflake is strong, but you can 4D Jin throwing ice swords if he stays behind it.  You can also overwhelm it with 236236D if you have the meter.  And for kicks, you can Overdrive him throwing ice swords on reaction and churn 632146D during OD recovery ftw

4) IAD backwards into air swords is weaker coming from CPEX since they don't OTG anymore + recovery on them has been increased.  While it's a tool she has, I don't recommend doing it as often as before.

5) Oh yeah, I see you sometimes ending a D sword poke without cancelling into anything.  Like 3C, on block or hit, it's probably better to follow it up even if you don't know you hit or not.  Spike chaser, gravity well, and teleport forwards are my personal favorites on block, sickle if the opponent is over an IAD away to force them to either jump or block.  Throwing more D swords works too, just try not to end the string on them.

6) Everything Monarch said

Thanks for the awesome info. Seems like it's a lot of habits I need to break and changes I need to adjust to and add. Especially ending combos with 2D to keep on the pressure based on all the vids I've been watching.

Sign in to follow this