Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Arcade Plot Discussion (spoilers)

Can someone explain to me what exactly makes someone "entitled"? is it just someone who is capable of using Ars Magus? In which case Rags was never good at that so it would make sense that he wasn't one of the chosen.

And the reason Ragna is there is thanks to "that child". I wonder who Amane's is talking about, I kind of want to say the girl in the fairy tale. Or Nine, Amane seems like the type who would call someone like Nine a child.

45 minutes ago, kylehyde said:

Can someone explain to me what exactly makes someone "entitled"? is it just someone who is capable of using Ars Magus? In which case Rags was never good at that so it would make sense that he wasn't one of the chosen.

The "Entitled" are a select few individuals that have not turned to seithr once Izanami invoked the Embryo. From what I recall, they were chosen by the Master Unit Amaterasu. Of course, there are exceptions like Ragna, Hazama/Terumi, Azrael and I think Naoto as well should count for the time being, who all had circumstances that allowed them to bypass getting seithr-fied.

Tsubaki
3 Tager
6 Jin
7 Kagura
8 Nine
Tager and Tsubaki doesn't have any memories for CP
Tsubaki tries to convince Jin to return, with Jin saying that even with Izayoi one can't escape the Embryo(does Jin mean memory alternations?) and Jin then says that there would be no meaning to go back to the NOL now. After battle, Tsubaki is conflicted with Jin not going full strength while going against order. Tsubaki tells Jin to at least talk with Kagura but Jin says he doesn't have time for that. The screen turns black and someone cuts Jin.
It was Kagura that cut Jin, and Kagura acts nothing like he did in CP. Tsubaki wanted Kagura to at least ask for the reason why Jin did this, but Kagura says the reason isn't important, it's only that going against law is a great sin. Kagura then asks if Tsubaki is going to go against the law and become a criminal also, and Tsubaki starts to feel like this isn't the Kagura she knows and starts to fight Kagura in order to let Jin escape.
After the battle, Kagura says the he won't question Tsubaki any more since he had got report that the one that had chased after Jin had killed him.
Tsubaki falls down on her knees and cries that Jin can't be dead for a thing like this, and suddenly gets a vision of her being Jin's secretary. And then she hears Nine's voice saying ”so that is your wish”.
Even though Tsubaki hadn't regained he memories, she called Nine, Phantom and Nine. Which made Nine wonder if it was memories from Izayoi.
Nine ”Your strong wish linked with my desired world, that is the requirement for the entitled” ”The entitled have the chace of having any wish granted”.
After the battle, Nine says that she feels sympathy for Tsubaki for being treated by this crazy world that same way as she have.
And to have her wish fulfilled, defeat Izanami.

Valkenhayn
3 Carl
6 Ragna
7 Rachel
8 Nine
Valkenhayn is searching for Rachel, but when he meets Carl, he wants to take away Nirvana from Carl since phenomena weapons makes an intervention on the soul, but Carl refuses since he needs Nirvana to cure his sister. After the battle Carl runs of, and while Valkenhayn is worried about Carl, Rachel has higher priority.
Valkenhayn have got information that Rachel was searching for the Grim Reaper and when he meets Ragna, it seems like it's the first time they meet. Ragna says he doesn't know who Rachel is, and Valkenhayn doesn't like Ragna for some reason so they fight. After the battle Valkenhayn tells Ragna to search for Rachel and Ragna says he'll pay back next time they meet.
Valkenhayn finds Rachel and begs her to stop interfering with the world, she will die if she does. But Rachel says she won't. Valkenhayn says that he won't allow Rachel to become a sacrifice for the world and they battle.
After the battle, Valkenhayn embraces a sleeping Rachel but she soon disappears, and he sees a illusion of Clavis and Rachel drinking tea together.
Nine taunts Valkenhayn about his desire and Valkenhayn says back to Nine that her's is similar to his. After the battle Valkenhayn asks Nine why she doesn't fight seriously and Nine says that what point would it be if she killed him by accident, she needs him alive.

Bullet
3 Arakune
6 Tager
7 Azrael
8 Nine
While being on the move, Bullet meets Arakune which is her secondary target. She was unable to capture Arakune, but Tager tells her to don't mind it, it was only a secondary target. Bullet started to feel distrust towards Kokonoe due to Kokonoe's reaction towards Arakune.
Bullet meets up with Tager and asks him if maybe Kokonoe is hiding somethings, but Tager tells her that the mission has higher priority. But since Bullet won't back down, Tager fights her in hope of calming her down. After the fight, they head towards their destination.
They meet with Azrael, and after beating Tager, Bullet fights Azrael. Here a portion of Bullet's past and when the unit was destroyed is being shown. As Azrael was about to give Bullet the final blow, Tager protects her and Azrael taunts Tager that it's the opposite from how it was at that time.
As Bullet thinks she is about to die, she is in front of Nine instead. Nine taunts Bullet that she is too weak to being able to fight together with her comrades.
After the battle, Bullet is told to defeat Izanami.

15 minutes ago, kylehyde said:

So then Ragna won't have his wish granted even if he beats Izanami since he's not an entitled. That sucks.

Ragna presents a unique case as his wish is one that can be granted by merely resolving the conflict at hand and does not require some supernatural entity to make it come true. As BlackYakuzu mentioned, he just wants his family back (side note: d'awww Ragna ya big softy) and in fairness, he CAN settle down with them once everything is cleared up. If he and Jin can manage to bury the murder hatchet then they can slowly go back to being brothers. And it's doubtful he'll actually want to kill Saya who currently houses Izanami, so he'll be getting his sister back in that regard. As a plus he gets the 3 remaining Murakumo and the Chronophantasma Celica (if only for a few fleeting months in the latter case) to add to his family because let's be real, even though 1 of them wants him dead/merged inside her, they're more or less sisters to him.

11 minutes ago, churchblue said:

So then an "entitled" has to grant that wish for him. Thou, who would be the one to grant the wish?

Well (and this is all hypothetical) provided we actually need Ragna to make a wish upon the stars above, the most likely candidate for the role of wish granting would be Noel/Mu-12 what with being the Eye of the Azure along with being tied to Amaterasu. But since we do know that she needs to "eat" other people's wishes in order to make hers come true I am uncertain at this moment how that'd even work out. Unless let's say if she were to adopt Ragna's wish as her own as some kind of loophole...

39 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Ragna presents a unique case as his wish is one that can be granted by merely resolving the conflict at hand and does not require some supernatural entity to make it come true. As BlackYakuzu mentioned, he just wants his family back (side note: d'awww Ragna ya big softy) and in fairness, he CAN settle down with them once everything is cleared up. If he and Jin can manage to bury the murder hatchet then they can slowly go back to being brothers. And it's doubtful he'll actually want to kill Saya who currently houses Izanami, so he'll be getting his sister back in that regard. As a plus he gets the 3 remaining Murakumo and the Chronophantasma Celica (if only for a few fleeting months in the latter case) to add to his family because let's be real, even though 1 of them wants him dead/merged inside her, they're more or less sisters to him.

I don't think that's what Ragna wants though, it sounds to me like he wishes he could go back in time to the days when he lived at the church before the shit hit the fan Including old Celica being there as well. 

Jin has his own life now and I really doubt he's going to play family with Ragna just cause that's Rag's wish. 

And as for Saya, Rachel seemed pretty adamant that the vessel that Izanami is using has to be killed. Unless there was a way to separate Saya from Izanami, but I think that would be a stupid way to resolve that problem so I doubt Mori would use it. Too cliche.

Litchi
3 Bullet
6 Hazama
7 Arakune
8 Nine
Seems like she have forgot that she got her power from the boundary?
Litchi wants to contact Kokonoe and while it might be faster with Tager, bullet should be okay also since she is from sector seven. Bullet refuses and a fight occurs. After the fight Kokonoe contacts Bullet, and Litchi says she can cooperate with them, but when Kokonoe finds out it's for Roy's sake she tells Litchi to forget about the azure grimoire
Hazama appears and tells Litchi where Arakune is.
Almost the same as in CT, but Arakune can sense the smell of azure from Litchi. After the battle Litchi notice the azure inside of her and is surprised to find that she has the power of the boundary inside of her, and then she is showed a vision of her and Roy working at sector seven. It was a memory she didn't know about, and when she knew that it was her that had changed Roy Nine arrives.
Litchi noticed that it was Nine that had shown Litchi that memory and but up the barrier, but Nine said that it wasn't a memory but a wish. Litchi then asked if it was because of her wish that Roy had changed, but Nine says that it's not from the wish but a shared truth from the boundary.

Kokonoe
3 Celica
6 Rachel
7 Hakumen
8 Nine
Celica is happy to finally see someone she knows, however Kokonoe doesn't Remember Celica or Minerva. Kokonoe had realized something is wrong with this world on her own, but she wanted to take Celica and Minerva to the lab to hear more from Celica. However Minerva resists, and after battle Minerva takes Celica and runs off.
Kokonoe says the Rachel that something must have happened to her since she has become weaker.
Kokonoe says that she wants to go to the cauldron but Rachel won't allow her since something interesting is happening with “those two”. After battle, Rachel tells Kokonoe to also be prepared to deal with her past.
Kokonoe asks Hakumen who salvaged him, but Hakumen keeps his mouth shut. And then Kokonoe says, as I thought I did. Hakumen is about to leave, but Kokonoe stops him and is trying to make him tell her all he knows. After the battle, Kokonoe asks Hakumen what exactly is this world, but Hakumen says that Kokonoe already has the answer.
Kokonoe says that since her back up in the boundary is still alive, that would mean... but then Nine Interrupts her saying that she shouldn't say anything more right now.
Nine says to Kokonoe that she wanted to see her and that Kokonoe had grown up. Kokonoe is really surprised and says that Nine should have been fallen into the boundary.
Kokonoe asks what Nine wants, and she says that she only want to see the the wishes and battles of the entitled.
After the battle, Nine praises Kokonoe, but says that she can't kill Terumi by removing hatred. You can't kill Terumi when you don't do it in the right order. The only way is to first defeat Izanami.

4 hours ago, kylehyde said:

I don't think that's what Ragna wants though, it sounds to me like he wishes he could go back in time to the days when he lived at the church before the shit hit the fan Including old Celica being there as well.

For a character that is surprisingly down-to-earth like Ragna, I find that a bit difficult to believe. He reminisces about the tragedy sure, but if his speeches to Noel are anything to go by, he's not about to let it chain him down. For him to suddenly want to go back in time and live in said past is...polarising, to say the least.

Jin has his own life now and I really doubt he's going to play family with Ragna just cause that's Rag's wish.

Just because Jin has a life ahead of him now doesn't mean he suddenly stops being Ragna's brother, or his family. They don't have to act like when they were children but it isn't much of a stretch to believe they could act like brothers as adults. If that dinner at Kagura's HQ was anything to go by, they most certainly are able to be cordial enough with each other.

And as for Saya, Rachel seemed pretty adamant that the vessel that Izanami is using has to be killed. Unless there was a way to separate Saya from Izanami, but I think that would be a stupid way to resolve that problem so I doubt Mori would use it. Too cliche.

Rachel also demanded that Ragna kill Mu-12 because "it was the only way". Look how that turned out. It's true that Rachel is knowledgeable about a lot of things, but her ability to play the part of an "actor" on the stage leaves much to be desired. Ragna has proven he can do things most people in this franchise wouldn't even consider. I also never said he'll separate Izanami specifically. I only said it's doubtful he'd actually go through with killing Saya, but what form said action takes is up in the air. For all we know Saya herself could expel Izanami out of her body or perhaps Izanami has a change of heart and then joins the list of Ragna's growing harem (j/k).

This is why ragna isn't going anywhere. He's able to see light where others cannot. He's smarter that he looks lol.

28 minutes ago, mAc Chaos said:

Wait where are people getting this Ragna wish from?

It's in Ragna's arcade summary. Zedar posted it a few pages back.

The closest we know of Ragna's wish (the I know of) is that Ragna thought about his time at the church when asked about it. Which wouldn't be weird since that was the time Ragna was happiest.
But I don't think Ragna is a person that would want that wish granted, since that would mean he would have to deny Noel, Lambda and Nu completely, to erase them from existence or change them.
Ragna would probably be satisfied with protecting his friends and if possible repair his relationship with Jin and Saya.

32 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

The closest we know of Ragna's wish (the I know of) is that Ragna thought about his time at the church when asked about it. Which wouldn't be weird since that was the time Ragna was happiest.
But I don't think Ragna is a person that would want that wish granted, since that would mean he would have to deny Noel, Lambda and Nu completely, to erase them from existence or change them.
Ragna would probably be satisfied with protecting his friends and if possible repair his relationship with Jin and Saya.

More or less what I was getting at. Ragna is a lot of things, many of which can be described as negative, but one of his defining characteristics is being able to ultimately put others ahead of himself. He willingly took on the Black Beast, marching to his own doom (except not really but it's the thought that counts) in order to buy time for Nine and prevent Celica from being used as a magical fantasy nuke. He protected Noel during his encounter with Nu-13 in CT and sacrificed his original left arm to bring her back despite having known her for less than, what, a week? Even in CP he was willing to cast aside past dealings with Nu-13 of all people in order to try and help her. And then there's Jin, whom he does have hostile feelings towards, but admits that ultimately he cannot go all out on because at the end of the day, he's still his brother. Heck, he even encourages Jin in his mission to save Tsubaki, much like how an older brother would.

25 minutes ago, Shinhwa said:

Poor Izanami is like bound to get ganged up on by all characters because of Nine...

Eh, I mentioned this before but Nine's plan seems to either 1. unite the characters against a common foe or 2. she's setting them up as distractions in order for Ragna to grow/become able to deliver the killing blow (there must be a reason why she'd contract Azrael to awaken Ragna as opposed to siccing the rampaging behemoth on Izanami herself). Time will tell what Act 2 and 3 bring however.

Ragna's wish may be to return to a time to when he was actually happy and get rid of all of his suffering, but if given the chance, he would probably reject that wish. He doesn't seem like the type of guy to be tied down by regrets of the past and would just push forward. He would tell Nine she can take her wishes and stuff them where the sun don't shine and go kick Izanami's ass because he would have done it anyway lol.

Tager
3 Makoto
6 Kagura
7 Azrael
8 Nine

Tager comes to the destination, but the person he was suppoused to meet up with was late according to Kokonoe so she told Tager to wait. Makoto arrived and said that she wanted to have a word with Kokonoe which results in Tager fighting Makoto. After the battle Tager learns that it was Makoto he was suppoused to meet with, and that Makoto was a spy that was looking for info about the Grim Reaper.
Kagura was was trying to pick up Bullet which resulted in Tager fighting Kagura. Tager called Kagura “Hero of Ikaruga”.
Azrael calls Bullet “the mercenary from that time” and “if the Grim Reaper hadn't butted in I would had played more”. Tager for some reason felt anger towards Azrael and a fight began.
After the battle, Azrael couldn't be defeated and Tager tries to cover Bullet. Azrael says that, you who have forgotten everything will repeat it again, huh. And this time I will not let the person in the back get away. Tager didn't understand what Azrael was talking about, but soon had a vision of the unit and a big man.
Tager's wish was to be with his unit.

Some more details on Arakune's arcade.
Arakune accusses Kokonoe from stealing the azure from him and is made. Kokonoe then says that Arakune beliving that he is an azure grimoire is only a delusion, she can't find any reaction of Azure from him, this pisses Arakune off. Arakune then turns into looking like Roy.
He says the he can pass Kokonoe since he has been with the Azure(truth) for a long time. That we are only vessels, and that Kokonoe doesn't realize that. Arakune finds a piece of azure and by merging with the azure he will become a black beast and rule the world(is this Arakune's desire?).
Arakune says that Nine has the same scent as Kokonoe.
After the battle, Nine says “You have been given another role. This is something “that man” would really do”. Arakune asks where is the azure, and Nine tells him that if he is going to become a book of Blue Baze, he must take Izanami into his body.

cCqZaCk.jpg

Izayoi
3 Hibiki
6 Jin
7 Ragna
8 Nine
Hibiki is asking what Tsubaki is doing since she was supposed to be searching for Jin. Tsubaki says that she is going to do her real role, to bury the Grim Reaper. Hibiki says that Kagura haven't given out such an order, and he will stop her before she commits treason.
Tsubaki stops Jin from chasing after Ragna since his wounds haven't fully healed. After battle Jin tries to stop Tsubaki but she runs of anyway.
Tsubaki finds Ragna, but Ragna doesn't remember her, although he seems to recognize Izayoi. After the battle she tries to kill Ragna but Nine interferes.
Tsubaki asks where Nine have put Ragna, but Nine refuses to tell her since she can't allow Ragna to die right now. Tsubaki says to Nine that she should know how dangerous Ragna is but Nine says that Ragna still has some uses.
After the battle, Nine says that if Tsubaki wants to kill Ragna, she should kill Izanami before the doomsday.

seriously I really hate tsubaki. not just the character is poorly developed their morality black and white from world seeing who are opposed to NOL as evil.I not protect ragna there no reason What he did but the private hell that he lives also his beloved jin-nissama has half fault.