Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Arcade Plot Discussion (spoilers)

4 hours ago, SolxBaiken said:

That's Hakumen :v:

And so he is. Sigh, so much for a Lamb-chops vs. Nine smack down (unless ASW has other plans). Still, she was shown in one of the illustrations taking on Haku-men so that is still badass of her considering who he is power-wise. And though it may never happen, I would like her to give him a solid thrashing through sheer force of will if nothing else. 

That aside has anyone seen/heard what the Azrael vs. Ragna match sounds like? Azrael is positively estatic whenever he scores a good hit and the intro is just him pushing Ragna to a guard break. Perhaps he is in cahoots with Nine already?

1 hour ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

Wait really, where's the full intro lol.

It took me a while to find it but here it is more or less in full glory: Azzy vs. Rags Intro

You notice the entire time Ragna's playing defense while Azrael wails on him until he pushes him back via Guard Break. It's certainly not as action-packed as their last one, but at this point Ragna has no clue who Azrael is and Azrael is acting more restrained (merely dishing out a TCL rekka as opposed to trading heavy blows with the guy).

In addition, in the link you can see various other matches between these two and whenever Azrael scores a good hit (like his BHS) he has a new line of dialogue where he is positively salivating at what comes next (my understanding of Japanese is very limited but from what I can tell, Azrael is hoping that something is going to happen after he is done and that he gets to devour it).

Totally wasted the chance of using Valiant Hype Train kicks to guard break so we could all make some jokes. Oh well, at least we got more plot in the arcade release to discuss. Genius.

Speaking of which, some of the arcade endings have a close-up of Nine smiling. Like, red and gold eyes and full psycho smile. Sleep 4 What?

The bad part of Act 2 will be the generalized reaction of mostly everyone when they realize what's going on. At least one scene rightfully wasted for half of the cast. Don't like, want moar plotz. Still, "Just what is the source of the unending tragedy's repetition? A shocking truth will become known." that sounds kinda interesting. Plot Twist or did our theories untwisted it already?

Edit: Wait, hold up. I didn't notice a small detail in the Act 2 trailer. Probably since it came right after Azrael crushed a shard of the Azure and showing every kid out there what happens if they brush their teeth.

Nine was bound. By black chains. Just like Rachel in CS. As in, the same type of chains she used to bound her. She's also asking "Then why did our Mother?" (Thanks Abelcru)

What the? Mooooorrrrrriiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Speaking of which, some of the arcade endings have a close-up of Nine smiling. Like, red and gold eyes and full psycho smile. Sleep 4 What?

A lot of characters go insane whenever they come to know things they really were better off remaining ignorant of. Just ask dear old Albedo from Xenosaga. Or Arakune from BB itself. Chances are Nine more or less came to know something very important and the knowledge of it drove her to these current actions (though apparently, her eyes going all black and gold is a result of her "resurrecting"). As for what it actually could be...

2 hours ago, Volt said:

The bad part of Act 2 will be the generalized reaction of mostly everyone when they realize what's going on. At least one scene rightfully wasted for half of the cast. Don't like, want moar plotz. Still, "Just what is the source of the unending tragedy's repetition? A shocking truth will become known." that sounds kinda interesting. Plot Twist or did our theories untwisted it already?

I don't think we've heard anything explicitly stated but, if I had to ballpark it, I'd say the answer lies in 3 different pieces (and this is all personal opinion):

The first piece is Ragna and the supposed "evil" he is plagued by from within. This more or less ties into what sort of entity he is to begin with and his origins so explaining it could potentially answer part of the riddle.

The second piece lies with Amaterasu, or rather, what lies within its coffin and why she/it went through all this trouble of repeated timelines and phenomena for. "What lies beyond her and the Boundary?" that sort of thing.

The last piece comes from way back in CT. Anyone recall one of Arakune's lines that goes something like "Seithr is not what you think it is" in English. Curious innit? Remember: Arakune was driven insane by what he learned within the Boundary. An even more chilling one is "Why won't you understand? We are ALL being watched". Now who could possibly be watching these events unfolding besides just Amaterasu?

So yeah those are my votes: Ragna, Amaterasu and whatever the Hell Arakune (and potentially Nine) saw within/beyond the Boundary.

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Nine was bound. By black chains. Just like Rachel in CS. As in, the same type of chains she used to bound her. She's also asking "Then why did our Mother?" (Thanks Abelcru)

For the chains, I figured it was a care of irony because she was ultimately bound to servitude by Izanami (with Terumi's help no doubt). As for her line, no clue. Relius name-drops her father often but no mention is made of her mother that I know of. Unless of course her mom is secretly someone from either Xblaze or Bloodedge Experience.

2 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

A lot of characters go mad and insane whenever they come to know things they really were better off remaining ignorant of. Just ask dear old Albedo from Xenosaga. Or Arakune from BB itself. Chances are Nine more or less came to know something very important and the knowledge of it drove her to these current actions (though apparently, her eyes going all black and gold is a result of her "resurrecting"). As for what it actually could be...

I don't think we've heard anything explicitly stated but, if I had to ballpark it, I'd say the answer lies in 3 different pieces (and this is all personal opinion):

The first piece is Ragna and the supposed "evil" he is plagued by from within. This more or less ties into what sort of entity he is to begin with and his origins so explaining it could potentially answer part of the riddle.

The second piece lies with Amaterasu, or rather, what lies within its coffin and why she/it went through all this trouble of repeated timelines and phenomena for. "What lies beyond her and the Boundary?" that sort of thing.

The last piece comes from way back in CT. Anyone recall one of Arakune's lines that goes something like "Seithr is not what you think it is" in English. Curious innit? Remember: Arakune was driven insane by what he learned within the Boundary. An even more chilling one is "Why won't you understand? We are ALL being watched". Now who could possibly watching these events unfolding besides just Amaterasu?

So yeah those are my votes: Ragna, Amaterasu and whatever the Hell Arakune (and potentially Nine) saw within/beyond the Boundary.

For the chains, I figured it was a care of irony because she was ultimately bound to servitude by Izanami (with Terumi's help no doubt). As for her line, no clue. Relius name-drops her father often but no mention is made of her mother that I know of. Unless of course her mom is secretly someone from either Xblaze or Bloodedge Experience.

Yeah, Nine pretty much said she's motivated by what she found out after she got dunked in the Boundary. We don't know jack about how she got resurrected in the first place,

Ragna's evil is probably related to why Nine decided to sic the Mad Dog at him, we pretty much got that covered.

Amaterasu is a huge, huge can of worms that is probably going to be opened in Act 3 and drive us insane for good. 

Oh, I remember that Arakune quote. Pretty much foreshadowing that Amaterasu was in fact observing everything to see if she got what she wanted. Takamagahara was a thing back then too. Could be something else too, sure, but a single quote from Calamity Retconned can only foreshadow so much. By the way, "We're all being watched." Brb, gotta make more coffee.

The chain stuff could be a flashback from Nine's awakening before Phantom Irony Shenanigans.

The Boundary is easily the greatest mystery right now. Everything is converging to Amaterasu being the big deal of Story Mode.

Any other special intro differences aside from Azrael's Guard Disrespect? Those could be the greatest clues that we'll get until Act II. Unless someone subs Bururaji and they drop a plot bomb just to keep the hype going.

10 minutes ago, Volt said:

The Boundary is easily the greatest mystery right now. Everything is converging to Amaterasu being the big deal of Story Mode.

Any other special intro differences aside from Azrael's Guard Disrespect? Those could be the greatest clues that we'll get until Act II. Unless someone subs Bururaji and they drop a plot bomb just to keep the hype going.

Well, Amaterasu has been the focal point of the villains like Terumi, Relius and Izanami since the beginning (and possibly even Nine right now if what she learned ties in to the unit). Its ruin is their overall goal, though for completely different reasons for each of them. Terumi wants it dad because how dare it follow its functions and have him serve it when he was inhabiting the Susano-O unit. Relius wants it out of the picture because with it gone, he can reshape the world and have it progress rather than stagnate from the repeated phenomena. Izanami on the other hand wants it gone because as an entity embodying death, letting a device that can more or less annul everything you stand for simply won't do. The unit has arguably been the biggest player in the franchise and while we know what it does, we haven't a reason as to why (though that story about the Girl, the Beast and the Hero may be foreshadowing to it). This Blazblue should answer all of this.

As for special intros, none that pop to mind. There's those that you'd expect like Celica calling out to Ragna and him to knowing who she is. There is however that Ragna vs. Naoto one, where they come right close to each other and stare in each other's faces super yaoi erotica-like menacingly/murderously. Now remember that the Vs. intros are usually a result of events that already happened and/or will happen. Heck even the Arcade opening depicts the two of them clashing. This might have something to do with Naoto's existence erasing Ragna's own and how Naoto will "bring ruin to the world " as Nine claims. Heck even Valkenhayn wants to send him away. Something is definitely up with this situation.

I thought that vs. intro was introduced in the Nine Patch, seems I was wrong then.

I've seen the Ragna x Naoto one. Looks like Ky vs. Sol in AC. Shippers must've got crazy because of that one lol.

Yeah, looks like waiting for the end of January is the only option. Bleep.

She's also asking "Then why did our Mother?" (Thanks Abelcru)

... that's Kokonoe speaking though

9 hours ago, FA-ST said:

... that's Kokonoe speaking though

That is one mean mix-up. Their voices are similar and it was just on Nine's picture. 0/10, makes Terumi jealous.

Thanks for the heads-up though.

Tao's arcade story never had a summary, right?

3 Bang
6 Arakune
7 Ragna
8 Nine

Tao finds Bang and says that today is the day she will graduate from being Bang's deciple, and that she will become a vigilante and find the grim Reaper.
Bang says that he will take care of the Grim Reaper and that it's too much for Tao to deal with.
After the battle, Bang asks if Tao knows where the Grim Reaper is but Tao says that she doesn't know where he is. But before Bang could speak more to her, she ran off due to smelling a bad smell that makes her believe that it would make her reach the Grim Reaper.

In the kaka village, Tao runs into Arakune. Meeting Tao, Arakune says that he is going to eat her.
Tao learns that Arakune is going after the Grim Reaper, and she won't let him since the Grim Reaper is her target.
After the battle, Tao let's Arakune off if he gives up on the Grim Reaper and stops attacking the village. But as Arakune runs off, Tao notice that Arakune have sensed the Grim Reaper and runs after him.

Arakune runs away from Ragna with Ragna complaining that everyone is talking about the Grim Reaper and the azure.
Tao says that she is going to punish Ragna and Ragna says that he is no idea of what he is going to be punished over.
After the battle, Tao notice a nostalgic scent, and sniffs on Ragna. Tao asks Ragna if he has given her food in the past, but Ragna says he doesn't have any memories.
Ragna asks Tao exactly what is it that she wants to do.
Tao says that she wants to defeat bad guys, eat food and take a nap with the kittens, elder, Tora-nee and Good guy.
Tao realize that Ragna doesn't have a bad smell, but Good guy's smell.

Nine says that Tao had a cute desire.
Tao sees Nine, and wonders who is the largest, Litchi or Nine's. Tao smells that while Nine's scent is sweet it's also dangerous and that she can also smell bad guy's smell.
Nine says that she will make Tao take a detour, it would be problematic if she would find Izanami right now.
After the battle, Nine says that Tao is special within the Kakas. Nine also says to Tao that if she want's to fulfill her desire, she must defeat Izanami with her own hands.

On 12/25/2015 at 3:57 AM, FA-ST said: ... that's Kokonoe speaking though

Wait for real?

At first I wasn't really sure either, but then I noticed an almost unhearable "impossible"(baka na!) right before it, and that sure sounds a lot like Koko, so now I'm like... 85% certain it's her.

After re-hearing it a bunch of times I think it's Kokonoe too. Voice is different from Nine's and has that distinct "thing that I don't know how to translate related to voice tone". Like she haven't drink a glass of water in the whole day or something. Nine doesn't have it. Koko does.

I don't even know if I'm making sense right now. Feels like I'm playin' CP story mode or something.

Also, Tao feels as relevant as always lol.

22 minutes ago, Volt said:

Also, Tao feels as relevant as always lol.

At least she's still one of the very few people that don't go out of their way to belittle, antagonise, murder, break and/or touch Ragna inappropriately, memories or no. The fact that she connects him as "Good Guy" despite not knowing who "Good Guy" actually is while inside the Embryo through smell and that now almost ancient CT encounter (when he bought her lunch) brought a small tear to my eye.

This being said, Nine really ought to rethink giving out these "Hey go kill Izanami" business cards. I mean let's not kid ourselves: what could Taokaka even do to Izanami? Glomp her and then call her a cutting board until Izanami gets annoyed enough to commit seppuku? Actually, come to think of it, what are like 50% of the cast supposed to do in this conflict? Izanami and whatever else comes after her is more Ragna's personal problem. You could extend that to Noel/Mu-12 and Jin and potentially Rachel and Lamb-chops. Maybe even Nu-13 if she stops being all stabby-stabby.

Hakumen is likely to be dealing with Nine and the immortal cockroaches, Hazama/Terumi. You can include Valkenhayn, Platinum and I guess Celica and/or Kokonoe in here for that. Azrael could serve as Tager and Bullet's personal agenda with support from Kagura and Hibiki. Naoto is a wild-card but I guess he would follow Rachel.

But that's about it really. What are the rest of them supposed to do? Then again, we also don't have all the info and presently only Act 1 is here (and even that is mostly just set-up for Act 2 and 3).

Just now, Luminos564 said:

At least she's still one of the very few people that don't go out of their way to belittle, antagonise, murder, break and/or touch Ragna inappropriately, memories or no. The fact that she connects him as "Good Guy" despite not knowing who "Good Guy" actually is while inside the Embryo through smell and that now almost ancient CT encounter (when he bought her lunch) brought a small tear to my eye.

This being said, Nine really ought to rethink giving out these "Hey go kill Izanami" business cards. I mean let's not kid ourselves: what could Taokaka even do to Izanami? Glomp her and then call her a cutting board until Izanami gets annoyed enough to commit seppuku? Actually, come to think of it, what are like 50% of the cast supposed to do in this conflict? Izanami and whatever else comes after her is more Ragna's personal problem. You could extend that to Noel/Mu-12 and Jin and potentially Rachel and Lamb-chops. Maybe even Nu-13 if she stops being all stabby-stabby.

Hakumen is likely to be dealing with Nine and the immortal cockroaches, Hazama/Terumi. You can include Valkenhayn, Platinum and I guess Celica and/or Kokonoe in here for that. Azrael could serve as Tager and Bullet's personal agenda with support from Kagura and Hibiki. Naoto is a wild-card but I guess he would follow Rachel.

But that's about it really. What are the rest of them supposed to do? Then again, we also don't have all the info and presently only Act 1 is here (and even that is mostly just set-up for Act 2 and 3).

Nine be like "ho ho ho. Kill that b**** and I'll make ALL of your dreams come true!"

On a less comedic note, I really like the Tao and Ragna dynamic. His CS story gave him so much depth character -wise because of that. Not to mention that while Ragna basically dine n' dashes from every restaurant when he's with Tao, compared to the usual stuff he gets, bankruptcy isn't that bad, right?

For me it kind of feels like Nine is trying to distract Izanami by sending everyone to go fight her. I'm thinking she needs to buy some time for whatever she's scheming, and oh boy is she scheming something. Honestly Nine seems pretty evil to me right now, almost on par as the second main bad guy/girl of the game.

1 minute ago, kylehyde said:

For me it kind of feels like Nine is trying to distract Izanami by sending everyone to go fight her. I'm thinking she needs to buy some time for whatever she's scheming, and oh boy is she scheming something. Honestly Nine seems pretty evil to me right now, almost on par as the second main bad guy/girl of the game.

Pretty much. She wants Ragna to get the killing blow. If the rest goes up as cannon fodder or manage to at least weaken Izanami.. She's not evil, she's a pokémon trainer! Where's Tagerchu?

But yeah, wanting to destroy the world, observing and manipulating everyone, pretty much sending people on a suicide mission (Including her sister)...

She's acting so much like Relius (and Terumi to a lesser extent) that's actually eerie.

Or maybe she doesn't really have much of a choice. After all, why would she be mad at Amaterasu right before sending Celica to punch Izanami in the face?

4 minutes ago, Volt said:

Pretty much. She wants Ragna to get the killing blow. If the rest goes up as cannon fodder or manage to at least weaken Izanami.. She's not evil, she's a pokémon trainer! Where's Tagerchu?

But yeah, wanting to destroy the world, observing and manipulating everyone, pretty much sending people on a suicide mission (Including her sister)...

She's acting so much like Relius (and Terumi to a lesser extent) that's actually eerie.

Or maybe she doesn't really have much of a choice. After all, why would she be mad at Amaterasu right before sending Celica to punch Izanami in the face?

That's the only thing I don't get, why would she send Celica, the most important person in the world to her to go fight a battle she will certainly lose. Unless she knows Ragna will protect her no matter what.

1 hour ago, kylehyde said:

That's the only thing I don't get, why would she send Celica, the most important person in the world to her to go fight a battle she will certainly lose. Unless she knows Ragna will protect her no matter what.

Or she knows that the current Celica is a Chronophantasma and that her real sister died during Terumi's assault. Admittedly this doesn't really make sense since in their VS match, she seems genuinely pleased whenever she wins and Nine is nothing BUT dedicated to keeping Celica alive, willing to end the lives of millions if it meant keeping her alive longer. If whatever she learned drove to the extent that she'd drop even that aspect of her character, then whatever lies beyond Izanami must be horrifying.

I don't think Nine is willingly sending Celica after Izanami, she does it reluctantly so in the end she tells Celica what she told the rest to do.

Celica: Even I have things I want to do! I have people I want to save and to protect! … I don't want to go to “that place I should be in” that you are talking about yet.
Nine: … this is really getting on my nerves! Why must Celica go this far? What more do “you” want to make her do!? Master Unit “Amaterasu”!!
Celica: Big sis?
Nine: ...but if Celica could create the world she desires... Celica... I'll tell you one way to fulfill your desire..

Nine must have a plan sending these people here, I mean, she's basically selling everyone a dream which takes effort I'm sure of which has a reason behind it.

maybe once everyone gathers to izanami's location they will hold hands and sing Kumbaya defeating her with the power of friendship.

She wants Ragna to be the one to beat Izanami, she wants Azrael to awaken the Black Beast within Ragna and she wants Nu to become the "true Murakumo Unit" so she can have a "true fusion" with Ragna...

So basically, Nine wants to make Alpha.

Didn't Nine also tell Nu and Ragna to specifically "Gather all of the Nox Nyctoreses" and then fight Izanami, what do the Nox Nyctores have to do with Izanami?