Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Arcade Plot Discussion (spoilers)

10 minutes ago, TPPR10 said:

So was Roy all this time Lao Jiu or did something happen what caused Roy to become Lao Jiu recently? Because if it's the former, then I am seriously dying of laughter.

I only know of what it's saying on those screens:

Why did Lao Jiu …
You're there as I thought... fluid.
Could it be... Roy...?
It can't... you... were you there all along...?

Terumi warned us: This world is only lies.

About Nine and all the Nox Nycrores, let's not forget that those are arcade modes, and that they can depict other timelines. Remember the fight Ragna vs Azrael during CP's Azrael ending ? The one Ragna remembered as another timeline during the story mode ? I think that's the same thing happening here.

I believe that Arakune is Roy, and I don't see this revelation working against it.
But what I might believe now is that Arakune isn't the entire Roy, and the panda might be a fragment of Roy that stuck to protect Litchi.
It could be a reason why Arakune most of the time doesn't know who Litchi is except for some times.

Like ever new revelation, I will keep a open mind until I can play through the console release.

4 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

I believe that Arakune is Roy, and I don't see this revelation working against it.
But what I might believe now is that Arakune isn't the entire Roy, and the panda might be a fragment of Roy that stuck to protect Litchi.
It could be a reason why Arakune most of the time doesn't know who Litchi is except for some times.

Like ever new revelation, I will keep a open mind until I can play through the console release.

Could you say what his ending said?

I'm solely going off of what the post said.

Dear God this thread exploded. Ragna might become a godlike entity. Noel is having an identity crisis powerful enough to set the world on fire. The panda was the science butt monkey all along...

Fuck man I can't go on.  This shit is bananas with an overdose of WTF.

2 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Could you say what his ending said?

I'm solely going off of what the post said.

I haven't seen/read any of Litchi or Arakune's act 2. I only know of what those images says.
the Roy was is Roy screaming "Tell me Izanami! Why can't it be me!?"(I think? no real context over what Roy is talking about)

1 minute ago, IsItWitty said:

And it's glorious.

Scarier part is that this isn't even the finale. By the end of the thing I am expecting the ultimate villain to be defeated by Noel's cooking and that Linhua was secretly Jin's time displaced former roommate.

Well in any case, the BB story train has reached maximum velocity. I dunno about anyone else but I am equal parts excited and scared outta my mind.

A momentum train going this fast can probably only end with a huge crash.

Taokaka will be behind everything and Noel is merely a figment of everyone's imagination that's kept alive because she believes she's real.

Just now, Zedar90 said:

I haven't seen/read any of Litchi or Arakune's act 2. I only know of what those images says.
the Roy was is Roy screaming "Tell me Izanami! Why can't it be me!?"(I think? no real context over what Roy is talking about)

Remember Roy wanted the Azure. Maybe Izzy deemed him unworthy?

Arakune
3 Carl
6 Tager
7 Nu
8 Izanami

Arakune thinks what is most important right now is to collect the Nox, and that he is going to merge with Take-mikazuchi. So he eats Nirvana.

He meets Tager, and while he didn't think first of eating Tager since it's an imitation, he did it in the end. He then senses an nox and goes there.

Nu have defeated Bang and was going to take his Nox, but Arakune appears and Bang uses that opening to escape. Arakune didn't mind that one escape since he can take a Murakumo Unit, and Nu notice that Arakune has Nirvana and tells him to hand it over. After the battle he eats Nu.

When Arakune sees Izanami, he says that he senses something similar to a nox, but it isn't weapon but something else. But he doesn't give it more thought and tells Izanami to hand over the azure.
After the battle Arakune is about to take the azure, Nirvana and Nu ejects out from him. Arakune is in confusion over why they are rejecting him and Izanami called Arakune a foolish man.
Arakune turns into Roy(imagination?) and asks Izanami why it can't be him. Izanami says that even if he gains the azure it would be pointless. Izanami tells Arakune to collect all of the nox and get rid of Noel, the main cause, and then he can call himself god or whatever. It ends with Arakune whispering Noel's name.

3 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

How the hell they're gonna fit any gag endings in between all this seriousness is beyond me.

Ah well, at least we have comical chibis.

It is BlazBlue, I am sure they can find some spaces to do so

4 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

How the hell they're gonna fit any gag endings in between all this seriousness is beyond me.

Ah well, at least we have comical chibis.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That is so cute XD

55 minutes ago, Tong said:

If you're not surprised then you didnt get the, uh, "twist".

Noel is indeed a clone, but there also happens to be a "clone" of her. So instead of having 2 girls (Saya and Noel), we now have 3 girls (Saya, Original Noel/Saya clone, Noel).

At least thats what I got, and it seems like the original Noel is from a different timeline altogether.

Only way that has the desired narrative heft is if Mori is trying to pull some UBW shit--although the timelines are way worse, and the consequences are much larger (i.e.: Shirou grew up to be the Holy Grail instead of Archer, and then got summoned back in time to... do... something evil?)

Otherwise it's a zero-sum game. "Noel Vermillion" as she exists throughout the series is a consequence of her being unfinished as a Murakumo Unit and subsequently adopted as a blank slate/raised as a human that would eventually grow into that identity. If the original is from another timeline then she's logically no closer to Noel than Saya, Lambda or Nu are. Mori can try and say "no but really it's the same Noel from the game" but we in turn would be completely justified in telling him that he's wrong and stupid. Which, disclaimer, I don't dismiss as a possibility.

Basically, if there's any divergence here between the original and Noel, then this "twist" changes nothing outside of adding another layer to the clone hierarchy above Saya. If MetaAlpha-00 up in Amaterasu isn't the exact same annoying woobie blonde from the game, then it's not a clone of Noel--or, at least, isn't any more a clone of Noel than the other 13 clones-and-counting. At some point Mori would be asking us to divide by zero.

There are always way to put in gags, or they will do like in CP extend, have a separate tab to choose them in any order after completing the story.

Lambda story summary

3rd stage TERUMI
Terumi is amazed Lambda can see him in his current spiritual state.
"That's too back for you. Guess I'll have to kill just like during that time."
Terumi is surprised by Lambda's strength, then he notices that Lambda isn't a being from within the Embryo but she has come to Embryo from outside.
Terumi ends up retreating saying he's at disadvantage.

6th stage KOKONOE
Kokonoe was searching for Lambda.
She thinks there's some sort of error with Lambda because she's wandering on her own.
After the operation test, Kokonoe notes that there's an error within the memory sector.
Kokonoe is about to bring Lambda back into lab, but Lambda refuses and runs from her.

7th stage NU
Nu wishes to kill and unite with Ragna.
Lambda can't allow that since Ragna would disappear.
Nu is amazed by Lambda's strength.
Nu yells that she will kill all who interrupt her union with Ragna and then is Phenomena Intervened out of the scene.

8th stage IZANAMI
Lambda desires to protect Ragna and will fight for him.
Izanami laughs at how amusing it's to see a doll protecting Ragna.

Lambda stands no chance against Izanami. Even so, Lambda insists that her mission is getting rid of Ragna's enemies. Lambda won't stop fighting and Izanami is about to rush to her.
Suddenly, Ignis appears behind Lambda and captures her. Relius tells he came there specifically to get Lambda.
Both Nu and Lambda have gone through changes. Relius states that Nu and Mu are unusable, Lambda will have to do as their substitute.
Izanami tells Relius is free to use Lambda for whatever he needs her.
Lambda's consciousness is fading away and she mumbles the name "Ragna..."

Just now, Sourenga said:

Lambda stands no chance against Izanami. Even so, Lambda insists that her mission is getting rid of Ragna's enemies. Lambda won't stop fighting and Izanami is about to rush to her.

Suddenly, Ignis appears behind Lambda and captures her. Relius tells he came there specifically to get Lambda.
Both Nu and Lambda have gone through changes. Relius states that Nu and Mu are unusable, Lambda will have to do as their substitute. Izanami tells Relius is free to use Lambda for whatever he needs her. Lambda's consciousness is fading away and she mumbles the name "Ragna..."

NO! Mah Lambda gurl!

Huh. You know, as I read all of these, I think I'm starting to see the greater picture... there's no denying what's been said may have some inkling towards the truth, but rather than just play it all at face value, we should try to look deeper. Not that some of you aren't already trying, and to those of you who are, you have my respect. But this is the truth that I have found...

1] Nine herself is hooked on Izanami's bait

Spoiler

If Izanami is indeed death and despair incarnate, then it would make sense that, like Hazama/Terumi, she would exploit the desires of others to fulfill her own agenda. She likely convinced Nine that destroying Amaterasu is the only way to save Celica, even though she (through those two and maybe others) may have engineered the scenario that would force such a sadistic choice upon her. The first time can be understood: the third option would be to let everyone and everything be destroyed. This time, however, I can't see any conceivable justification now that the cause of her alleged woes is right next to her.

On the subject, Kagura's Act I has Nine asking Kagura to get the Nox Nyctores, but one of Act II's endings has Nine with all of them, and another has Kagura dead. Hibiki's Act I has Nine pointing out that his desire is to kill Kagura; not only would having the "butler" do Kagura in be a viable option, but it's also easy to instill malignant ideas into someone who self-professes to be empty. Kagura is just a pawn to get the Nox Nyctores, and if he won't comply, the promise to Nu that she can become Kusanagi if she acquires all the Nox before merging with Ragna is a viable backup. Either way, the Nox are removed from the chessboard, and Izanami's plan continues on schedule.

2] Izanami's promise of wish fulfillment is false.

Let's take a look at some of the folks Izanami has proposed to and how they react.

:RG: Skewers Izanami without hesitation. Izanami points him towards Amaterasu if he wants her to disappear.

:JI: Izanami offers the Azure to Jin, but he casually destroys the fragment; his logic being that he wanted to obtain the Azure merely to destroy it. This makes it easy for Izanami to point him at Amaterasu, 

:TA: Izanami offers the Azure, and shows a vision of what Kaka Village could be. Tao points out that while Kaka Village could be better, if she used the Azure for this purpose, it wouldn't be Kaka Village anymore, and rejects the offering. Personal note: her character degeneration had disappointed me significantly, but this does offer a glimmer of hope.

:AR: Izanami lets Nirvana and Nu eject from Arakune before pointing him at Noel (read: Amaterasu).

:CA: Izanami offers the Azure; he gets a glimpse of Carl getting Ada, only to see her being integrated into Nirvana anyway. Izanami uses this as fuel to point Carl towards Amaterasu. 

:HZ:/:TER: Rejects the Azure, both intending to use Noel or Amaterasu for their own designs.

:PT: Izanami shows them with Jubei for a moment, but that is dashed, with Izanami pointing at Amaterasu as the cause of their disappointment.

:BU: While she manages to piece things together (this includes that her captain is Tager), Izanami points towards Amaterasu as the cause for the repetition of her tragedy.

Hibiki: Izanami points him at Noel, since she states she's the reason the NOL will turn on Kagura. More than likely, she's pointing Hibiki at Amaterasu.

EDIT: Kinda forgot to include the conclusion, but you notice how they're all pointing at a single target. Compound this with the fact that she left Terumi and Relius to their fates in Chronophantasma when they stopped being useful to her; who's to say she won't betray any of them in their moment of triumph?

3] Notice how I'm missing someone in the above?

Spoiler

Let's talk about :MK: for a moment. Has it ever occurred to anyone else how three of the Six Heroes were impressed by her, and how two of the Ten Sages took an interest in her soul? Relius' revelation that Makoto is emulating the power of order (even if not on the same level as Jin) shouldn't have come out of nowhere if you guys have been paying attention. Keep in the mind this is the same girl who fucked over Terumi's plans in Slight Hope, nearly did it again in Friendship, caused Tsubaki's Mind Eater to lapse in Bonds, and was one of the major players in Tsubaki's salvation during the events of Chronophantasma. Which makes Izanami's choice of handling her suspect: why try to point her towards your goal when it runs antipodal to her own desires? Are you daring her to divide by zero? That may be what Amane's trying to do with her all along, since he got to her before Relius, let alone Izanami.

Also, look at the silhouette above Amaterasu's hands, then look at what Makoto's wearing on her hands. Notice something?

Still, damn shame what happens to :LA2:...

Dammit all to Hell, buzz off Relius. Nobody invited you to the party. Go back to that psychological issue of a son you keep neglecting.

But looks like I was somewhat correct: Lamb-chops' sole mission is to keep Ragna safe. The fact she's stronger as a result makes me happy. But please, someone rescue her. It's bad enough Noel is going through the current events.