Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Arcade Plot Discussion (spoilers)

Just now, VermilionBird said:

Maybe Nine recognises that he's using Bloodedge like Touya once did? Perhaps that's the power she recognises?

Unlikely, and did Nine ever seen Touya use it? He used it after Es returned and it's hard to say if it's canon that she saw the side memories.

So, I've been mulling over the details and reading up on both XBlaze and Bloodedge Experience. Now, I am not going to say my understanding of the whole chain of events is perfect since I can only go off of summaries written online, but I went ahead and started trying to explain the whole Naoto - Ragna scenario and how it potentially ties into everything. So let's take this step by step and hopefully I can write a comprehensive theory. And in case I must say it, beware of SPOILERS (for XBlaze especially).

Spoiler

Now, one of the big reveals in XBlaze was that Touya that has been around during the game isn't even the real one. The one you play is the Original Grimoire (also known as the Grimoire of Origin) given the shape of "Touya" by Hinata when she hijacked the Embryo and tried to use it to wish her only friend (Touya) back to life. It worked in the sense that the grimoire took his shape but caused the Wadatsumi Incident in the process.

The original Touya died at the age of 6, 10 years prior to the game due to developing his Drive too quickly and dying as a result. His Drive, while unnamed, allowed him to shape his blood into weapons and he later inherits it, which allows him to make a replica of Es' Murakumo sword at the climax of Lost Memories. Given what it does, it is possible that the Drive itself is Naoto's own "Bloodedge".

However, prior to acquiring that Drive, he was primarily using "Soul Eater" (and later XBlaze) via the grimoire's power. It manifested not unlike Ragna's own use of the Azure Grimoire into the varying shapes of the Black Beast.

Now, how does this tie in for both Ragna and Naoto? What if, hypothetically, both Ragna and Naoto are Chronophantasma of Touya? After all, we know Chronophantasma can come in 2 varieties:

-"Those Who Should Not Be Here" which are individuals like Celica who do not belong in the current timeline and must eventually be returned to their own respective place.
-"The Phantoms of Time" which are individuals like Rachel and Noel whose futures are not set and are therefore immune to Phenomena Intervention.

Given the description of them, it's pretty easy to make claim that Naoto would be the first type since everyone wants him to return back to his own timeline and that his presence here is a problem. Ragna would however need to be the second type. Now he does initially seem to lack the quality since he isn't immune to Phenomena Intervention normally. That is until you remember that his Azure Grimoire makes it so that he does remember events that happened (even if it is simply through the injuries his soul retains). It would also explain why Naoto has the same presence as Ragna and why people sensing him confuse him for the latter: they'd both be 2 parts of the same person "Touya" and thus the system observing them cannot have both at the same time moving around. In a way, it'd also explain that "Azure heartbeats" comment he got from Raquel since if he were Touya's Chronophatasma, and Touya is basically the Original Grimoire, it'd certainly fit.

Of course, this is a bit of a long-shot and I am likely missing a few pieces of information but, what do you guys think?

3 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

So, I've been mulling over the details and reading up on both XBlaze and Bloodedge Experience. Now, I am not going to say my understanding of the whole chain of events is perfect since I can only go off of summaries written online, but I went ahead and started trying to explain the whole Naoto - Ragna scenario and how it potentially ties into everything. So let's take this step by step and hopefully I can write a comprehensive theory. And in case I must say it, beware of SPOILERS (for XBlaze especially).

Hide contents

Now, one of the big reveals in XBlaze was that Touya that has been around during the game isn't even the real one. The one you play is the Original Grimoire (also known as the Grimoire of Origin) given the shape of "Touya" by Hinata when she hijacked the Embryo and tried to use the it to wish her only friend )Touya) back to life. It worked in the sense that the grimoire took his shape but caused the Wadatsumi Incident in the process.

The original Touya died at the age of 6, 10 years prior to the game due to developing his Drive too quickly and dying as a result. His Drive, while unnamed, allowed him to shape his blood into weapons and he later inherits it, which allows him to make a replica of Es Murakumo sword at the climax of Lost Memories. Given what it does, it is possible that the Drive itself is Naoto's own "Bloodedge".

However, prior to acquiring that Drive, he was primarily using "Soul Eater" (and later XBlaze) via the grimoire's power. It manifested not unlike Ragna's own use of the Azure Grimoire into the varying shapes of the Black Beast.

Now, how does this tie in for both Ragna and Naoto? What if, hypothetically, both Ragna and Naoto are Chronophantasma of Touya? After all, we know Chronophantasma can come in 2 varieties:

-"Those Who Should Not Be Here" which are individuals like Celica who do not belong in the current timeline and must eventually be returned to their own respective place.
-"The Phantoms of Time" which are individuals like Rachel and Noel whose futures are not set and are therefore immune to Phenomena Intervention.

Given the description of them, it's pretty easy to make claim that Naoto would be the first type since everyone wants him to return back to his own timeline and that his presence here is a problem. Ragna would however need to be the second type. Now he does initially seem to lack the quality since he isn't immune to Phenomena Intervention normally. That is until you remember that his Azure Grimoire makes it so that he does remember events that happened (even if it is simply through the injuries his soul retains). It would also explain why Naoto has the same presence as Ragna and why people sensing him confuse him for the latter: they'd both be 2 parts of the same person "Touya" and thus the system observing them cannot have both at the same time moving around. In a way, it'd also explain that "Azure heartbeats" comment he got from Raquel since if he were Touya's Chronophatasma, and Touya is basically the Original Grimoire, it'd certainly fit.

Of course, this is a bit of a long-shot and I am likely missing a few pieces of information but, what do you guys think?

It sounds plausible. I wouldn't mind if that was the case, really, because that is a solid theory.

1 hour ago, Shinhwa said:

Now we are missing...

Celica, Kokonoe, Relius Azrael, Kagura, Hakumen, Tsubaki, Izayoi, Bang pretty much?

Wait, I thought we had Kagura, anyways, I will try to catch up a little.

Despite Act 2 boss being Izanami, it would be make more sense Celica going straight to Nine, because even having Izanami as a big threat, Nine is way bigger for Celica

Didn't Nine reluctantly send Celica after Izanami though?

Maybe she'll take care of it and go right back to Nine to serve as a final boss.

I'm really interested in Relius's story mode, especially since it spoils something as big as Saya's true identity so casually; I wonder how accurate his wording is on her being a doll and Rachel saying she's a byproduct of Amaterasu. Too many questions that are brought up :gonk:

But still, least we're getting some sort of explanation. I'm thoroughly convinced we're gonna be revealed to have been Noel all along.

I wonder what Rachel losing her power is gonna mean for her involvement in the story.

Is she gonna be susceptible to disappearing after a while? Better spill the beans while you can, then girl.

Relius said that Rachel is decaying like Clavis did, so I presume that if things keep going as they are she'll eventually fade away.

3 minutes ago, Master Of Chaos said:

Relius said that Rachel is decaying like Clavis did, so I presume that if things keep going as they are she'll eventually fade away.

Although Act III seems to imply it's something else.... So if Raquel appears to Rachel and Ragna is tecnically decaying as well unless Naoto intervines.

No-fun mode is in play now, as people just cannot stop themselves from posting whatever they want, regardless of rules or warnings. No-fun mode will probably last 10 or so days while the rest of Act II is cleared up and/or summarized. The "don't screw up" was screwed up. dun Dun DUN.

You can still make speculations, but be reeeeeal sure you're making speculations, and not fanfiction.

But god help you if you talk about playable characters again.

3 hours ago, Shinhwa said:

Now we are missing...

Celica, Kokonoe, Relius Azrael, Kagura, Hakumen, Tsubaki, Izayoi, Bang pretty much?

There was someone who posted Kagura, Azrael and Ragna's Act II arcade modes in a Dailymotion account last page but they aren't translated. Sourenga or Zedar might be working on them though. (Thanks in advance if you are)

Great quality videos by the way. A really nice find.

*backflips over laser tripwire*

I'm curious as to how Kagura seemingly just got flat out rekt by Izzy instead of the usual "But thou must Noel" banter she had with nearly everyone else.

Don't tell me Kagura can't stand TRAITORS either?

I was reading about Es (and some stuff related to her) and I bumped into something called Drive-infected Patient (or Drive-Union). While I read it I found something about the ability called Enhancing, which strengthens their Drive.

Naoto has an Unique Abilty called Enhancer and Es was created to hunt down those Drive-infected Patients...

It may be a wild guess, but can Naoto be one of these? And that's why we are seeing Es around and (correct me if I am wrong) JUST in Naoto Arcade?

EDIT: Also, after reading further, the Mitsurugi Agency may play a role in the story.

If Luminos's, and perhaps Toxin's, theories prove true, then it would seem as though Touya, Naoto, and (mainly and/or by proxy) Ragna play the same role of the "hero" that always defeats "the monster" in the end no matter how many times "the girl" (who exactly is she anyway?) rewrites the the tale in the "Story of the World." "The girl" rewrites the story and attempts to reach out to the hero to save her from her imprisonment inside this monster that's--in my opinion--implied to be the Amaterasu unit. However, the hero doesn't heed the girl's voice, as she is the author (and the monster itself), and the hero is but a mere 'fictional storybook character', and thus the conclusion never changes. This would suggest that role of "the girl inside the monster" is played by the heroes' respective "damsel in distress," in which case it is either Es, Raquel, or Saya, respectively. (Mori says it's "True Noel," whoever she is.)

Some theorized a while back that the girl in the "Story of the World" was Nu, but I dunno; this whole "True Noel" thing is really starting to draw parallels to the aforementioned "girl" and the book.

I know some things can point the Story of the World to Amaterasu, but it sounds way more fitting it to be Saya and Izanami, for being way more like a monster than Amaterasu, besides, what monstruosity does it commit? And do we know who is the so-called hero?

Kinda annoying how that story pretty much is the answer to who/what/when/why to potentially everything in the series and it's completely open to interpretation if we can't lock any of the characters in these roles.

2 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Kinda annoying how that story pretty much is the answer to who/what/when/why to potentially everything in the series and it's completely open to interpretation if we can't lock any of the characters in these roles.

This can be true if we are talking about many female characters, but for the Hero slain the monster with the girl inside we have fewer people to do the job... awkwardly, it fits way too much for Jin (the Hero of Ikaruga) or Hakumen, because they are the only ones (not considering villains) who can just do according to the role and not listening the supposed girl inside the monster (Unless it is Tsubaki, but I can't see a possibility to fit her to that story).

The Story of the World seems too large scale to simply cover just small incidences the likes of, say, the Ikaruga War. The story itself does indeed seem befitting of SO many characters, though (I had the same thought; even considered Izanami as a potential candidate for the role of the monster), but it just seems too "big picture" to be talking about just about anything or anyone. After all, it is called "Story of the World." It seems to me that it foreshadows the origins of the "fictional world" they're all hinted to exist in.

So if this True Noel isn't the one that we've followed the entire time, I don't understand where the emotional impact will be. Will everyone try to kill that one, or the one inside the Unit? If it's the former it's gonna be a bloodbath, but the latter I think everyone should be fine with.

And since when did Izzy turn from the goddess of death into the Azure Ticket Puncher in everyone's arcade endings? She was implied to be powerful enough to take it out the A. Unit once it exposes itself, so why bother throwing loads of people at it in the meantime?