Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Arcade Plot Discussion (spoilers)

5 hours ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

*sigh*

I feel like Jin hasn't learned anything throughout the entire series at this point, especially if him and Ragna are fighting once again.

Sure, it could be over Noel, but even if everyone in the Embryo suddenly regains their memories, it feels like the character development from CS/CP was for nothing, based on the way some of them are still acting.

Jin's mission in life is to destroy the "Dark One", I don't think that's ever going to change, no matter how much good Ragna does. Besides, Hakumen is the level headed Jin, sort of. Although I think Jin has softened up a bit, at least he seems like less of a jerk with some characters than in the past. 

I was really surprised when I saw Jin and Ragna in the end of the opening and Jin wasn't in "Nii-san" mode. True, it had another CG in Act 1, but it was the Black Beast, not Ragna being himself, this makes him a character that matured little by little, surprising us even more along the time. The Last thing that Jin need to do to make players pass out by surprise is treat Noel well.

42 minutes ago, Toxin45 said:

So why wasn't Ragna and Litchi an entitled?

Ragna isn't meant to become an Entitled. The Embryo is, supposedly, been created in order to shape him into a "god" (whatever passes for the category in the BB-verse at least). Litchi I figure is for the same reasons Arakune isn't an Entitled either. Remember, Litchi is also slowly becoming a blob monster like Arakune and I imagine whatever it is that drove them to that state is why Amaterasu didn't give them the honor. Or, if you don't like that answer you could always make a crack joke about how Amaterasu doesn't like Litchi's boobs because of the person within it :v:.

1 hour ago, kylehyde said:

Jin's mission in life is to destroy the "Dark One", I don't think that's ever going to change, no matter how much good Ragna does. Besides, Hakumen is the level headed Jin, sort of. Although I think Jin has softened up a bit, at least he seems like less of a jerk with some characters than in the past. 

The funny thing with Haku-men (and one of the reasons why I loved his character wholeheartedly) is because, as no-nonsense a stiff as he is, he does at the end of the day love his brother Ragna. Enough so that even after murdering his guts for 700+ times, the act still fills him with grief to the point he would gladly take his own life afterwards (as demonstrated in his CT endings).

The current Jin seems to be slowly going down this route. He wants to kill Ragna, not outta craziness caused by his Antibody nature, but because he knows it must be done. Ragna for all intents and purposes seems to agree in a sense if his open invitation to Jin to fight him until death from CS is any indication. Which makes Ragna's wish all the more heartbreaking since all he wants is his family back but Mori the universe is utterly devoted to making his life as difficult as possible.

3 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

The current Jin seems to be slowly going down this route. He wants to kill Ragna, not outta craziness caused by his Antibody nature, but because he knows it must be done. Ragna for all intents and purposes seems to agree in a sense if his open invitation to Jin to fight him until death from CS is any indication. Which makes Ragna's wish all the more heartbreaking since all he wants is his family back but Mori the universe is utterly devoted to making his life as difficult as possible.

It is sad when you think Ragna's fate seems to be decided, without fulfilling his first wish: having his family back... Jin... Saya... Now with him slowly dying due to the Black Beast, his only option now is stop Izanami until he has the time to do so. Man, it is like Ragna's final battle will be against his own brother at the end, to end his suffer once and for all. And Hazama will watch it with his troll grin on the face. But seriously now, despite everything showing that he will die at the end and all, somehow I have a glimpse of hope that he will still be alive after this mess, I mean, we saw many one-sided situations like killing Mu was the only way to end the Kusanagi problem or only Celica could be used in the Lynchpin...

I still having hope about this guy, the man didn't suffered his whole life for nothing!

1 hour ago, Toxin45 said:
8 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Ragna isn't meant to become an Entitled. The Embryo is, supposedly, been created in order to shape him into a "god" (whatever passes for the category in the BB-verse at least). Litchi I figure is for the same reasons Arakune isn't an Entitled either. Remember, Litchi is also slowly becoming a blob monster like Arakune and I imagine whatever it is that drove them to that state is why Amaterasu didn't give them the honor. Or, if you don't like that answer you could always make a crack joke about how Amaterasu doesn't like Litchi's boobs because of the person within it :v:.

The funny thing with Haku-men (and one of the reasons why I loved his character wholeheartedly) is because, as no-nonsense a stiff as he is, he does at the end of the day love his brother Ragna. Enough so that even after murdering his guts for 700+ times, the act still fills him with grief to the point he would gladly take his own life afterwards (as demonstrated in his CT endings).

Poor Litchi despite me feel sympathy for her.

she is responsible for his state for being weak minded

About jin

This does not change the fact that part of the private hell his brother lives is part his fault.

Hakumen is one of the best character just by learning to mature due to the mistakes of his past. 

jin even though its development is still the same selfish jerkass who cares about himself and lesser extent tsubaki

20 hours ago, Seta said:

Poor Litchi despite me feel sympathy for her.

she is responsible for his state for being weak minded

About jin

This does not change the fact that part of the private hell his brother lives is part his fault.

Hakumen is one of the best character just by learning to mature due to the mistakes of his past. 

jin even though its development is still the same selfish jerkass who cares about himself and lesser extent tsubaki

Jin pre Continuum Shift didn't give a crap about the world. Later, he wants to restore balance to the world. That's a big step up. He also could have let Hazama kill Makoto in Continuum Shift, but chose to save her, and he still had injuries from the ass kicking Ragna gave him. He put aside his hate for Noel, and formed a plan to save Tsubaki. Instead of trying to kill Ragna first thing (think Hakumen's timeline where he cared more about killing Ragna then Tsubaki), he had talk with Kagura. He was going to let himself be killed by Izayoi if it would help Tsubaki. Jin is a jerkass, but he's definitely not as selfish as he was before. And Trinity is hitching a ride with him.

Is there anything concrete pointing to Tsubaki and Izayoi being separate entities now in the story, or is that just speculation?

So about Es does anyone still not remember her? I mean she did seem to tell Touya and mei about her origins as well as Touya subconsciously remembering her.

I'm excited to see what Act III will bring us on Thursday but I'm now wondering what the ending for Noel will be like since her Act II ending was a surprised that even I didn't see coming.

Honestly, I have a wild guess that we will get a really vague clue about why Es appeared. Since Act 3 isn't Story Mode, I won't be surprised if we get more questions than answers in this act.

On March 27, 2016 at 10:02 PM, Toxin45 said:

So about Es does anyone still not remember her? I mean she did seem to tell Touya and mei about her origins as well as Touya subconsciously remembering her.

It's left pretty vague whether or not everyone regains their memories of her from CE. Touya does remember her unconsciously but it's unclear if it becomes something more. As you said, Touya and Mei seem to know her origins as a Prime Field (Es flat out tells Mei that she wouldn't exist if not for the Wadatsumi Incident and Mei connects it to Unomaru) but whether that means they remembered it or Es told them about it isn't specified. The fact that they accept it so easily might suggest they do remember (Touya had also realized that there were blanks in his memory like not remembering who saved him from the first Union he encountered) but we have no definite answer and ultimately it doesn't change that much. It wouldn't be the first time people in BlazBlue remember something impossible that no longer exists.

17 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Honestly, I have a wild guess that we will get a really vague clue about why Es appeared. Since Act 3 isn't Story Mode, I won't be surprised if we get more questions than answers in this act.

I'm siding with us getting at least three new questions for each answer we get (if we get any answers at all). We're not gonna get any definitive answers since those will be saved for Story Mode.

Speaking of Story Mode, I wonder who is gonna be Nine's final opponent, since it's pretty obvious Ragna or Rachel will be Izanami's.

Only person I can think of at the moment is Celica, but even then it was a half-hearted fight by both of them in Act 1.

......maybe an impromptu debut of Jubei?

20 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Speaking of Story Mode, I wonder who is gonna be Nine's final opponent, since it's pretty obvious Ragna or Rachel will be Izanami's.

Only person I can think of at the moment is Celica, but even then it was a half-hearted fight by both of them in Act 1.

......maybe an impromptu debut of Jubei?

About Jubei, it could happen, but I have my suspicious over Izanami, since she got the Nox (we don't know how yet).

At first I thought bosses or sub-bosses don't repeat along the acts, but Terumi showed the opposite, battling Hazama in both acts as sub-boss.

But since Nine battled two of the main known Six-heroes, unless Valk wants to stop her (which is highly unlikely, since he is concerned about Rachel), I place my bets over Izzy, with some encounters calling Tager (Kokonoe new attempt to stop crazy Mommy) and, by some extend, Noel or Ragna.

Speaking of Ragna, I think more he will battle Jin, due to the opening, while Rachel, with that enraged CG of her, there is small doubt about facing Naoto in the end... unless is the other way around... I really don't think Izanami or Nine being final bosses this time around since they were in the previous acts, but if it is something personal against certain characters, it can happen.

Also, I am starting to think again that Trinity may appear later, but not in soul, since she has more role to fill and also, with Six-Heroes theme out Hazama and Platinum, along with a character artwork similar to select screen ones, it is a little unusual, also, if Muchorin materialized Terumi to this world, why not the Glassfille herself? Unless Luna or Sena doesn't know how to do the trick...

I am noticing that Kagura in CF is getting worfed for some reason while Ragna is somewhat doing much better than he is.

That's because Ragna is slowly but surely regaining his memories while Kagura has barely any idea of what is happening

Did you forget that Memories = Power?

It's why Ragna was so weak during Act1 but now he can defend Rachel from Azrael in Act2, though Azrael comments that he still has someways to go before he recovers all of his former strength from CP

Ragna pretty much was regaining his memories rather quickly.Kagura still couldn't and even when he did it was too late it seems against Izanami.

Also Arakune is an entitled so Noel can not be Amateratsu.

But Arakune ISN'T an entitled

He's on the same boat as Litchi

Though apparently Liao Ju IS an entitled

checkmate atheists