Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Arcade Plot Discussion (spoilers)

But the question I have is why Noel apparently has memories of Saya's childhood was that Mu or Noel????

Like Noel called Ragna brother a few times so is there a connection or just a coincidence also 

Wasn't a really young Ragna Jin and Says shown, but they are supposedly artificially made any thing with that?????

7 minutes ago, NoelChan101 said:

But the question I have is why Noel apparently has memories of Saya's childhood was that Mu or Noel????

Like Noel called Ragna brother a few times so is there a connection or just a coincidence also 

Wasn't a really young Ragna Jin and Says shown, but they are supposedly artificially made any thing with that?????

I'm going to take a guess that, it would be Mu's memories.

Well It's Mu and also ragna seems to be the only artificial one Jin and Saya were kidnapped at an early age and experimented on

But than about Saya there was a coffin called Murakumo no. 1 Saya on the Material collection for Chrono Phantasma, also I remember someone saying a short story saying that Saya was giving Ragna a Strange look before the fire I don't remember exactly. But it was  a short story from the Material collection I cant find that form anymore but that does beg to question......

When did Izanami possess Saya 

Also Terumi broke Saya showing her own memories what exactly did show her is unknown, before Noel is the OPFD thing I thought he showed Saya what ever happened to the Original, but now it is debunked.

But I thought. maybe the OPFD name was also called Saya but idk

But the Name Saya mean sheath or a shell so I guess that fits since she is housing Izanami.

2 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

But what if this Es that appeared in Naoto Act 2 is an Es from a different possibility, like Naoto was mentioned by Relius in his Act 3? An Es that didn't have dropped the Crystal Sealing Blade: Murakumo.

Correct me if I am wrong about it. I don't know much about Xblaze nor the consequences if she didn't drop the Murakumo or falling into the Boundary or anything else.

Considering she was stabbed by Sechs and nearly was consumed by the Boundary before Hinata reached out to her, I find it impossible to believe she could have held onto the Murakumo. If she didn't fall into the Boundary she wouldn't have inherited the Embryo and gained the Azure Eyes we also see in Act 2. Also, if she did have the Murakumo then Touya wouldn't be able to wield it against Sechs. Without it Sechs probably would have killed Touya before Es could send him back to the first time loop and he would have no way to destroy Sechs' Crystal. Based on the events we see, there are no ways she could keep the Murakumo and save the world at the same time. I also am skeptical that the situation with the Phantom Field could exist multiple times.

I highly doubt that this Es is from an alternate possibility (a fourth timeline) because there would be no point. The situation with Naoto is very different. The story of Bloodedge Experience takes place in Naoto's possibility and this is the Naoto who is brought into Central Fiction. This Naoto is different from the one that existed in the past of the main BlazBlue world, but the one we follow in the game and the novels is the same, so the main timeline Naoto is the minor one who we only hear about. The situation for Es would be completely different, since that would mean the Es that is brought into Central Fiction wouldn't be the one we see in XBlaze, which is the one we have already learned so much about her. For Naoto there are two versions, main timeline Naoto and BE/CF Naoto, both of which have reason to be there. Having this be a different Es would make three versions, main timeline Es (who doesn't exist because the Wadatsumi Incident never happened), XBlaze Es and CF Es, which makes so sense from a narrative perspective. The XBlaze timeline itself would be entirely pointless if they bring in another Es. And again, what was the point of having Nine and Celica meet Es if the version that appears in CF doesn't know them?

1 hour ago, Fenris said:

Quite a head-scratcher. *Sighs.* The only solution to this is that Gatekeeper Es is from yet another timeline that neither contradicts her existence nor the events leading up to now (BBCF). Either this, or the grandest of all plot holes/retcon.

See above for why alternate timeline Es doesn't work (and would be way worse from a narrative perspective). The best possible solution is that something happened after Lost: Memories to explain everything that we just haven't seen yet.

2 hours ago, 1337 H@x0r said:

TLDR

Some people need to take a chill pill, were are only dealing with speculations about a plot involving reality manipulation, time travel and interdimentional possession by disembodied souls with split personalities but they argue that theories are stupid?

LOL!

I am only talking about what being the eye of Azure means and why Es was temporarily it.

Es, like Mu, is an artificial human created to serve as a weapon or container for Embryo/Black Beast shenanigans but thanks to interaction with good people they developed into a full fledged person and broke a recurring loop of tragedies.

Since OPFD longs for family and friends, her soul hitch hikes those bodies which come to be called the Eye of Azure.

Es split like Noel into herself and Nobody, only that she was herself while OPFD was most likely Nobody and returned to Amaterasu once the was left alone in the Boundary.

BlazBlue's plot is an insane mess of a puzzle but that doesn't change that some theories have been explicitly proven false or that a theory can be formed based on unfounded information and do not make any sense based on the things we do know. There are legitimate theories, nonsensical the theories (what if Luna and Sena are actually demons) and theories that are impossible based on unquestionable facts (Saya Terumi is Izanami). Those last two ignore the clues we do have and could thus be considered stupid. I apologize for the intensity but nothing in the BlazBlue fandom pisses me off more than people talking about and making theories involving XBlaze when they clearly haven't actually played the games and have no idea what they're talking about. In general your theories are well founded and extensively thought out, however your Es theories do not fit that and when presented with clear proof that you are mistaken about certain facts, you should accept that your theory is flawed. Don't just laugh off any criticism or debate of your theories because a discussion means we have the right to disagree and challenge them. This is going to be my last response to this theory because I don't want this debate to clutter the thread.

Es was not the Eye of the Azure. The Eye of the Azure is a person who has the true power of the Azure and seems to be connected to the Master Unit. Es gains the Azure Eyes, which only let her perform Phenomenon Intervention, by inheriting the Embryo (which is only a crystallization of a piece of Azure, it can't access the whole thing) even before she contacts the Master Unit. There is no "why" for Es having the Azure Eyes that might be linked to Amaterasu, we explicitly see the exact circumstances that lead to her getting them. Furthermore, the Eye of the Azure seems to be connected to being a Boundary Interface Prime Field Device. Es was a Manifestation Boundary Interface Prime Field Device, which is a very different beast. Aside from that, before Es had the Embyo, it belonged to Hinata, who had the Azure Eyes despite being a normal human.

I'm not sure what you're getting at by comparing the two. XBlaze is filled with expies and repeated terms from BlazBlue but that rarely means a direct connection (heck, by Lost: Memories Es has more in common with Rachel than with Mu). Also, Es has no connection to the Black Beast.

We don't know for sure that Noel had the Eye of the Azure because the OPFD's soul was hitch hiking, it is only implied that the Master Unit chose Noel to be the Eye. It has never been confirmed when Noel started hosting Amaterasu and personally I think it didn't happen until CF. Amaterasu has been acting independently of Noel all the way through the end of CP and it's only after that where we learn the Unit is "empty" and suddenly everything is like "kill Noel." We don't even know all the details of the Noel/Mu split and evidence suggests either Noel or Mu is just the soul of the OFPD while the other is the Noel we've known throughout the series. Either way, both Noel and Mu still have the Eye of the Azure despite only one of them having the OFPD's soul so it's not that simple.

You hake no idea what you're talking about with Es and Nobody. Nobody is explicitly the manifestation of the Embryo as a personality inside the memoryless Es. Heck despite having her memories purged, Nobody still does remember everything, she's just detached from Es' despair. When Watashi returns to the Phantom Field Nobody starts referring to herself as Es and says that "she" prepared herself to live without Touya. Why would the OFPD, who according to your theory joined Es after everything that happened, have the personal connection? Finally, Nobody did not split from Es. Es became Nobody by purging her memories, but Nobody and Es still had the same soul. When Es became human, that one soul returned with her, leaving only the Embryo body as an explicit empty shell that contained no soul, memory or personality and could only maintain the Phantom Field. Furthermore, Nobody was forced to use her "Phantom Memories" (the memories she had gained as her own self separate from Es) to power the Embryo's creation of the new body, meaning there is literally nothing that could remain of Nobody to be the OFPD (and even then Es later uses the seithr of those Phantom Memories to power her XBlaze and gains the memories back so Es and Nobody are essentially the same person now).

theories that are impossible based on unquestionable facts (Saya Terumi is Izanami).

Orly? what are these unquestionable facts, because there hasn't been much to disprove them having a connection so far, especially with the bombshell that it BE takes place after CF. Hell, the game even hints at this when Naoto questions who she is, and her body reacting negatively in response.

26 minutes ago, NoelChan101 said:

But than about Saya there was a coffin called Murakumo no. 1 Saya on the Material collection for Chrono Phantasma, also I remember someone saying a short story saying that Saya was giving Ragna a Strange look before the fire I don't remember exactly. But it was  a short story from the Material collection I cant find that form anymore but that does beg to question......

When did Izanami possess Saya 

Also Terumi broke Saya showing her own memories what exactly did show her is unknown, before Noel is the OPFD thing I thought he showed Saya what ever happened to the Original, but now it is debunked.

But I thought. maybe the OPFD name was also called Saya but idk

But the Name Saya mean sheath or a shell so I guess that fits since she is housing Izanami.

IIRC it's around the same time she gave Jin Yukianesa, 2 years before the church burning. They also noted in side works that Saya was acting strange and getting sick afterwards too. Ragna mentions in CS that 10 years has passed since he got the sword. The flashbacks do a terrible job of making it appear that he got it at the same time as the church burning though.

What I'm confused about is that why Saya looks exactly like Noel if she was intended all along to be Izanami's vessel. Kazuma looked like Hazama/Terumi long before that was a thing, so wouldn't it just be easier to have her look like Izzy from the get-go?

.....unless that was never the case. Relius mentioned in her Act 3 that he only made modifications, which means that Saya could've been created for another purpose. Something related to the Master Unit, possibly? 

19 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

theories that are impossible based on unquestionable facts (Saya Terumi is Izanami).

Orly? what are these unquestionable facts, because there hasn't been much to disprove them having a connection so far, especially with the bombshell that it BE takes place after CF. Hell, the game even hints at this when Naoto questions who she is, and her body reacting negatively in response.

How about the fact that Naoto explicitly says that Izanami is not Saya Terumi in his Act 2. He says they seem similar but ultimately concludes they are not the same. Her body reacting negatively could easily be because Saya mistakes Naoto for Ragna like the rest of the cast. We also have a confirmed origin of Izanami, she is Amaterasu's Drive, whereas Saya Terumi has a confirmed natural birth. We don't know that BE takes place after CF, just that CF is the "starting point" for Naoto's world. That means that Naoto's world won't exist if the current BlazBlue world is destroyed but that does not mean BE literally comes afterwards. Perhaps I should have been more specific, the theory in question is "Saya Terumi becomes Izanami," not just "Izanami and Saya Terumi have some kind of connection." It is technically possible that there is some kind of relationship between the two of them (despite the fact that almost every single character in BE aside from Relius, Valkenhayn and Clavis has a similar BlazBlue counterpart that are most likely not going to be the same people) but even then I see it as skin deep because the two characters have nothing in common besides appearance.

Thank you, Ogiga, to clarifying better about XBlaze and a lot about Es, but there remains something quite weird in my mind here:

11 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

I highly doubt that this Es is from an alternate possibility (a fourth timeline) because there would be no point. The situation with Naoto is very different. The story of Bloodedge Experience takes place in Naoto's possibility and this is the Naoto who is brought into Central Fiction. This Naoto is different from the one that existed in the past of the main BlazBlue world, but the one we follow in the game and the novels is the same, so the main timeline Naoto is the minor one who we only hear about. The situation for Es would be completely different, since that would mean the Es that is brought into Central Fiction wouldn't be the one we see in XBlaze, which is the one we have already learned so much about her. For Naoto there are two versions, main timeline Naoto and BE/CF Naoto, both of which have reason to be there. Having this be a different Es would make three versions, main timeline Es (who doesn't exist because the Wadatsumi Incident never happened), XBlaze Es and CF Es, which makes so sense from a narrative perspective. The XBlaze timeline itself would be entirely pointless if they bring in another Es. And again, what was the point of having Nine and Celica meet Es if the version that appears in CF doesn't know them?

The alternate possibility that I meant was CF itself, not a fourth one. Which means this Es isn't the one from Xblaze but a new one (man, this confuses me way more).

So, to sum it up we have Three Es timelines, correct?

About Naoto, what do you mean about main timeline Naoto and the one from the Novel and game, I really don't get it, I thought the novel one was the one different from the game, but they are the same? Sheesh, the plot is thickening.

13 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

About Naoto, what do you mean about main timeline Naoto and the one from the Novel and game, I really don't get it, I thought the novel one was the one different from the game, but they are the same? Sheesh, the plot is thickening.

BE Naoto(Novel, Game): It's the Naoto from the Light Novels, and he is also playable in BBCF.

BB Naoto("main timeline"): Was defeated by Clavis and died in the past. This is the Naoto that Relius in BBCF knew about in the past.

For some reason, Naoto is supposed to be dead which is also likely the reason why Kokonoe thought Naoto was an impossible existence in Act 2. But for some reason it seems like Naoto survived in the BE time line.
I'm myself starting to think that the symbol on Naoto's chest might have something to do with his survival now.

2 hours ago, NoelChan101 said:

We're pretty much wondering that since CT to be honest. If I had to guess, I'd say that Noel and Saya have some shared memories somehow, probably due to their relation to the Original PFD.

With that said, we all know we are making theories with key parts of information missing.

We don't really know a lot about what the heck is up with Es or more importantly, the Gate she's guarding. There's the possibility of something coming out to hype people in the wait for console release. (Remember Phase Shift 4?) That means there may or may not be an XBlaze 3 or/and a Bloodedge Experience in the works ready to throw most of our theories out of the window.

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

See above for why alternate timeline Es doesn't work (and would be way worse from a narrative perspective). The best possible solution is that something happened after Lost: Memories to explain everything that we just haven't seen yet.

Yeah, the likelihood of something occurring post-LM is seeming increasingly more probable, which I've mentioned I'm inclined to believe a few times in this thread. Although at this point, I don't think anything can be worse from a narrative perspective than this clusterfuck of a plot right now. lol

Is it just me, or is Valknhayn kinda just inconsequential to the story as of late?

Here we have most of the former 6 Heroes going HAM against each other and the rest of the roster. But unlike Jubei, Valk is active and yet....doesn't really seem to be doing a whole lot, from what I can remember. Rachel is out trying to solve her own problems to varying success and he is nowhere to be seen, and then you consider his checkered past with Relius and it makes me think, maybe he's kinda just off to the side for a personal reason. 

3 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Is it just me, or is Valknhayn kinda just inconsequential to the story as of late?

Here we have most of the former 6 Heroes going HAM against each other and the rest of the roster. But unlike Jubei, Valk is active and yet....doesn't really seem to be doing a whole lot, from what I can remember. Rachel is out trying to solve her own problems to varying success and he is nowhere to be seen, and then you consider his checkered past with Relius and it makes me think, maybe he's kinda just off to the side for a personal reason. 

We all know Valk is way more concerned about Rachel safety, since she is out to solve her problems, he may be searching for her or something alike. We also know he has some secret with him IIRC. He may go berserk, but he controls himself before doing so, while his ultimate job is to be sure that Rachel is safe. Probably, later, he may have a little sparring with the other heroes.

22 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Valkenhayn's current role is focused on Rachel. For the first two acts it was him trying to stop her from killing herself by intervening and trying to get the Azure so he can create a world where she isn't dying. Rachel convinced him to assist her in her goals, regardless of what may happen to her so he is now devoted to helping Rachel. Valkenhayn's greatest flaw has always been that he puts his loyalty to Rachel above all else, consequences be damned. Because he refused to leave Rachel's side no matter what when she fell into a coma after the Dark War, he wasn't available when the Six Heroes needed him. If he had been willing to leave her for even a second then the NOL might not have been so easily able to take control of the Grimoires and Nox from the Six Heroes and he might have been able to save Trinity and Nine or help Jubei and Hakumen defeat Terumi without Hakumen sacrificing himself. Basically Valkenhayn will only take action where Rachel wants him to and all his personal motivations, even his history with Relius, come second to that.

Hmm, so his CF story has him actually helping out Rachel? Going after the Azure seems rather counterproductive in this case then, since Rachel probably already knows its hardly a long-term solution. 

I find it hard to blame Jubei for anything when Mori deliberately writes a deus ex machina out of the picture to make things harder. 

And as for Rachel being a Chronophantasma, doesn't that mean she'll disappear eventually anyway and just respawn in another timeline, or is this like in BioShock Infinite where since she got involved in this timeline her current existence is tied to it as well?

10 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

These theories are the result of people not actually playing XBlaze but trying to come up with theories about it anyway based on one tiny detail they read on the wiki or heard from somebody else...

You should thank Toxin for spreading these "theories" in every possible place.

Bullet
3 Makoto
6 Hibiki
7 Lambda
8 Kokonoe

Bullet finds Makoto and calls her a spy, and asks Makoto where Kokonoe is.
Makoto asks in return if Bullet still is with sector seven, but since Bullet isn't Makoto says she can't give that info to someone outside of Sector Seven.
After the battle, Makoto calls out to Tager in a feint, and when Bullet turns around Makoto runs off.

Bullet meets Hibiki who is also looking for Kokonoe since he wants to get rid of her, and since Bullet wants to hear the truth from Kokonoe, she can't allow him to do that.
After the battle, Hibiki notice that Bullet doesn't know where Kokonoe is either.
Hibiki who is looking at Bullet who is illogically fighting to protect Kokonoe, says that Bullet might be fitting to act like a gear. Hearing that, Bullet asks Hibiki if he is implying that she will work under Kokonoe again, and Hibiki asks if that doesn't depend on what truth that Kokonoe tells Bullet.
Hibiki then says that more people are after Kokonoe, so Bullet should hurry up.

Bullet finds Lambda, and through her calls out to Kokonoe. However, something important is seemingly happening on the other side so Kokonoe doesn't respond. However, Bullet won't stand back and says she will crush Lambda if Kokonoe doesn't respond.
After the battle, Kokonoe sends her location to Bullet and says she will only wait for 30 minutes, no more. Bullet apologize to Lambda and runs off.

When Bullet arrives she start to ask Kokonoe questions immediately, but Kokonoe says she doesn't have time to answer everything. Bullet says that she has come this far so she isn't going to wait and fight.
After the battle, Kokonoe said that she said that she has no time to answer everything, not that she wasn't going to answer anything.
Nine reveals that Tager is the captain of Bullet's unit, and that the reason that Bullet wasn't told anything was due to the Captain's will.
That the Captain still had conscious before Kokonoe customized him into Tager, and at that moment told Kokonoe not to say anything to Bullet.
Bullet asks why, and Kokonoe says she doesn't know why, that Kokonoe only heard his will and not the reason for it. Kokonoe says it's probably because he didn't want Bullet to be burdened by something, but she should think for herself.

2 hours ago, Arc Raizen said:

OMG, you mean Tager was really Bullet's captain the whole time?! I'm so surprised...

I'm honestly surprised you didn't get that since her introduction in CP1.0

9 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

Considering she was stabbed by Sechs and nearly was consumed by the Boundary before Hinata reached out to her, I find it impossible to believe she could have held onto the Murakumo. If she didn't fall into the Boundary she wouldn't have inherited the Embryo and gained the Azure Eyes we also see in Act 2. Also, if she did have the Murakumo then Touya wouldn't be able to wield it against Sechs. Without it Sechs probably would have killed Touya before Es could send him back to the first time loop and he would have no way to destroy Sechs' Crystal. Based on the events we see, there are no ways she could keep the Murakumo and save the world at the same time. I also am skeptical that the situation with the Phantom Field could exist multiple times.

BlazBlue's plot is an insane mess of a puzzle but that doesn't change that some theories have been explicitly proven false or that a theory can be formed based on unfounded information and do not make any sense based on the things we do know. There are legitimate theories, nonsensical the theories (what if Luna and Sena are actually demons) and theories that are impossible based on unquestionable facts (Saya Terumi is Izanami). Those last two ignore the clues we do have and could thus be considered stupid. I apologize for the intensity but nothing in the BlazBlue fandom pisses me off more than people talking about and making theories involving XBlaze when they clearly haven't actually played the games and have no idea what they're talking about. In general your theories are well founded and extensively thought out, however your Es theories do not fit that and when presented with clear proof that you are mistaken about certain facts, you should accept that your theory is flawed. Don't just laugh off any criticism or debate of your theories because a discussion means we have the right to disagree and challenge them. This is going to be my last response to this theory because I don't want this debate to clutter the thread.

Es was not the Eye of the Azure. The Eye of the Azure is a person who has the true power of the Azure and seems to be connected to the Master Unit. Es gains the Azure Eyes, which only let her perform Phenomenon Intervention, by inheriting the Embryo (which is only a crystallization of a piece of Azure, it can't access the whole thing) even before she contacts the Master Unit. There is no "why" for Es having the Azure Eyes that might be linked to Amaterasu, we explicitly see the exact circumstances that lead to her getting them. Furthermore, the Eye of the Azure seems to be connected to being a Boundary Interface Prime Field Device. Es was a Manifestation Boundary Interface Prime Field Device, which is a very different beast. Aside from that, before Es had the Embyo, it belonged to Hinata, who had the Azure Eyes despite being a normal human.

I'm not sure what you're getting at by comparing the two. XBlaze is filled with expies and repeated terms from BlazBlue but that rarely means a direct connection (heck, by Lost: Memories Es has more in common with Rachel than with Mu). Also, Es has no connection to the Black Beast.

We don't know for sure that Noel had the Eye of the Azure because the OPFD's soul was hitch hiking, it is only implied that the Master Unit chose Noel to be the Eye. It has never been confirmed when Noel started hosting Amaterasu and personally I think it didn't happen until CF. Amaterasu has been acting independently of Noel all the way through the end of CP and it's only after that where we learn the Unit is "empty" and suddenly everything is like "kill Noel." We don't even know all the details of the Noel/Mu split and evidence suggests either Noel or Mu is just the soul of the OFPD while the other is the Noel we've known throughout the series. Either way, both Noel and Mu still have the Eye of the Azure despite only one of them having the OFPD's soul so it's not that simple.

You hake no idea what you're talking about with Es and Nobody. Nobody is explicitly the manifestation of the Embryo as a personality inside the memoryless Es. Heck despite having her memories purged, Nobody still does remember everything, she's just detached from Es' despair. When Watashi returns to the Phantom Field Nobody starts referring to herself as Es and says that "she" prepared herself to live without Touya. Why would the OFPD, who according to your theory joined Es after everything that happened, have the personal connection? Finally, Nobody did not split from Es. Es became Nobody by purging her memories, but Nobody and Es still had the same soul. When Es became human, that one soul returned with her, leaving only the Embryo body as an explicit empty shell that contained no soul, memory or personality and could only maintain the Phantom Field. Furthermore, Nobody was forced to use her "Phantom Memories" (the memories she had gained as her own self separate from Es) to power the Embryo's creation of the new body, meaning there is literally nothing that could remain of Nobody to be the OFPD (and even then Es later uses the seithr of those Phantom Memories to power her XBlaze and gains the memories back so Es and Nobody are essentially the same person now).

With all due respect, reading long rants about people taking any fictional media too seriously and too agressively is not worth the time and health degradation. I speak that from experience.

I didn't play X Blaze, I mostly read about it from second sources such as Wiki or internet forums so forgive me for not having a perfect grasp of the situation.

Still, I am trying to find a common point as to what becoming the Eye of Azure means.

Es and Hinata displayed that power in X Blaze for a very short time for different reasons but Noel has that power constantly. So far from what is revealed in CF, Noel is a manifestation of the OPFD's soul who hitch hiked Mu-12 to play self-insert.

Just to make it clear, it is Noel and not Mu-12 who has the Eye of the Azure power of phenomena intervention, Noel is the one messing up with reality inside the Embryo and constantly rewriting it while Mu-12 is merely running away from those she siked at her.

Back to X Blaze, that reality sound to me as one which predated the BB timelines, all it's powers and mechanics worked differently based on the Wadatsumi incident which never occured in the BB timelines so it's sensible that OPFD/Amaterasu at some point decided X Blaze wasn't the world she wanted and ditched it to create the BB one.

It's the same logic why Naoto exists in BEE but appears in BB despite being "dead". Naoto is Ragna's successor, the hero from Amaterasu's new story should she decide to ditch the current timeline and create a completely different one, the duo only exists at the same time because Amaterasu hasn't decided if she want to give up on BB or not.

From that we can imply that Touya from XB was Ragna's predecessor but ultimately failed to accomplish what Amaterasu/OPFD desired as her happy ending, this in turn imply that some immense calamity happened in the XB timeline after the events of Lost Memory which ultimately lead to that reality being retconned from existence.

Es guarding that book is all that's left from the XB reality and she seems rather pissed and serious about keeping what ended it as completely forgotten.

2 hours ago, kyodash said:

what is chronophatasma?

Hey ya kyodash, I'll try to explain it as best I can;

Chronophantasma is basically an classification for a type of person in Blazblue. The term is somewhat vague though as there are two types of Chronophantasma are used:

1. "Those who should not exist" (a different type of phantom)
  2. "Phantom of Time" (actual Latin root reading)

Basically, when someone is labeled a "Chronophantasma" it refers to one of these two classifications. Its up to context or further clarification for us to decide which one is valid. To elaborate:

"Those who should not exist"-Celica-type Chronophantasma

These are basically people like Celica who were copied out of their original timeline and put into a different one just like Kokonoe did to Celica at the end of Phase Shift 4. A common attribute they have is they are immune to Phenomenon intervention. There appears to be a distinction between being ripped from your timeline and being copied from your timeline though as Ragna was ripped from CP's timeline and put into Phase Shift yet was still subject to CP Rachel's Phenomenon intervention (need to reread it since it might not be PI; source) when she spoke through the boundary. They eventually have to die though since they're not real people; think of it as a ghost that eventually has to move on. 

"Phantom of Time"-Noel/Rachel-type Chronophantasma

These are people like Noel or Rachel who "possess a different fate" than the one they're supposed to have. Often explained very vaguely, in CF we have learned Noel is really supposed to be the Master Unit's core, so she was never meant to be the derpy blonde we all know but rather the CPU for that object. Court is still out on Rachel's original fate, but if her origins are similar to Raquel, she may have never meant to have been a person, but that is mere conjecture. In terms of Akashtic record terminology, their fate/destiny isn't actually part of the record itself so they can effectively do anything and are not weighted down by prior restrictions (or the lack thereof). For a concrete example consider how Noel was able to break the CT timeloops when no one else could. 

All together though, Chronophantasma are basically people that are not supposed to be around in the current timeline for one reason or another and can have serious influence on the timeline either by being a wildcard or passively protecting those around them with their anti-Phenomenon Intervention field. Both are supposedly immune to Phenomenon Intervention (you can't make them forget you've fucked with the timeline with "screen static"), but it seems like Noel often is affected by it so take that for what you will. Celica and Rachel are definitely immune though.   

Is it reasonable to say Naoto is a CP as well? He's from a timeline/dimension where he's not supposed to exist and his existence in the BB world is freaking everyone out as a result.

1 minute ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Is it reasonable to say Naoto is a CP as well? He's from a timeline/dimension where he's not supposed to exist and his existence in the BB world is freaking everyone out as a result.

I guess Naoto's case is far from a Chronophantasma, since he is from a different possibility.