Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Arcade Plot Discussion (spoilers)

1 hour ago, Luminos564 said:

Es is so far confirmed to only have 1 Arcade run. Zedar mentioned it in his post before. As for any others characters...couldn't rightly tell ya. We only have Es confirmed for console. Anything else is edging on the "no potential playable character discussion" rule.

Thanks. Because I was thinking it was weird she having the three acts since she just appears act 3 onwards.

2 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Her arcade would probably spoil a bigger part of the story than anyone else, which is why she's console only.

Despite of being true, it can only show what we know, take for instance Kokopuff arcade in CP, it didn't introduce that much except that Terumi feeds himself from the hatred of the others.

I am not saying it won't show anything new, just saying there has a probability to make some things clearer without spoiling that much of the story, or even nothing new

1 hour ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Despite of being true, it can only show what we know, take for instance Kokopuff arcade in CP, it didn't introduce that much except that Terumi feeds himself from the hatred of the others.

I am not saying it won't show anything new, just saying there has a probability to make some things clearer without spoiling that much of the story, or even nothing new

Es is a different case. Kokonoe was a character who has been around since CT. There wasn't necessarily going to be anything groundbreaking. But here we have Es coming in from out of nowhere as this wild card where we have no idea why she's here or what she's going to do. The impact of her presence is much bigger.

33 minutes ago, 1337 H@x0r said:

Well...

Nah, this is pure capitalism, they put the popular characters on a 60$ game that millions will buy rather than a few thousand arcade machines which millions can use.

I'm not sure what makes you think Es is a super popular character since XBlaze isn't that huge of a thing. Besides it's now like the console version only offers a new character. You can play it from home, play online with friends, practice all you want without other people needing a turn (if these supposed millions are using the thousands of machines then there is too much demand and you don't get to play as much), not have to pay each time you play (which can easily add up to be more than the $60 game if you want to do it enough and you get a giant freaking story mode. Why are you making this out to be an evil corporation thing when it's as simple as one more incentive to buy the actual game which is overall a superior experience (and which you wouldn't even be able to play in the first place if it didn't exist).

1 hour ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Terumi and Kagura's CP Arcades were very important, y'know. Terumi's end with him kicked out of Hazama and Kagura ends with him explaining that he's trying to kick the Imperator out.

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Terumi and Kagura's CP Arcades were very important, y'know. Terumi's end with him kicked out of Hazama and Kagura ends with him explaining that he's trying to kick the Imperator out.

I know, I just used Kokonoe as an example.

8 hours ago, Luminos564 said:

Es is so far confirmed to only have 1 Arcade run. Zedar mentioned it in his post before. As for any others characters...couldn't rightly tell ya. We only have Es confirmed for console. Anything else is edging on the "no potential playable character discussion" rule.

I have the article; Mori said nothing about an exact amount, only that Es has story included within the console version's Arcade mode and that if you play it before Story mode it should be easier to understand her background. Although I suppose only one Act makes the most sense.

Well...

11 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

Es is a different case. Kokonoe was a character who has been around since CT. There wasn't necessarily going to be anything groundbreaking. But here we have Es coming in from out of nowhere as this wild card where we have no idea why she's here or what she's going to do. The impact of her presence is much bigger.

I'm not sure what makes you think Es is a super popular character since XBlaze isn't that huge of a thing. Besides it's now like the console version only offers a new character. You can play it from home, play online with friends, practice all you want without other people needing a turn (if these supposed millions are using the thousands of machines then there is too much demand and you don't get to play as much), not have to pay each time you play (which can easily add up to be more than the $60 game if you want to do it enough and you get a giant freaking story mode. Why are you making this out to be an evil corporation thing when it's as simple as one more incentive to buy the actual game which is overall a superior experience (and which you wouldn't even be able to play in the first place if it didn't exist).

Relax, I am not saying it's evil, just more lucrative.

Arcsys doesn't make money out of every person paying pennies on the arcade.

Arcades buy software copies from Arcsys for a much higher price than a console but that amounts to just some tens of thousands copies.

This hardly makes much profit but creates a lot of hype for a console version which allows gamers to play how much they want.

Add to it some really important or well liked character exclusive to the console and money rains on their pockets from fans like us.

10 hours ago, Tokkan said:

I have the article; Mori said nothing about an exact amount, only that Es has story included within the console version's Arcade mode and that if you play it before Story mode it should be easier to understand her background. Although I suppose only one Act makes the most sense.

That's good to know. In general a lot more important stuff seems to have happened in CF's Arcade Mode than the other games so I'll probably play them all for myself before Story Mode. All 96 that we know of. 96! Oh boy.

On a different note, this pretty much confirms that Es will be available from the start and we won't have to play Story Mode to unlock her like Kagura in CP. It would be impossible to play her Arcade Mode before Story Mode like Mori suggests otherwise.

19 hours ago, Chaoschao222 said:

Reminder, this thread is for stuff we know and things we may be able to infer from things we know. This is not a thread for "I'd like it if x did y" or "wouldn't it be funny if a did b?"

Yeah, we get the point, but the other obvious thing now in this here topic/thread is that will the title get updated later to include the word "Story Mode" in it, or will that be separate?

---

Either way, yeah, the rest of the summaries that have yet to appear (completely for Act's 2 and 3 at least), would be a surprise, and I wonder, besides waiting on other sources for that, and on Zedar's translations, has any DustLooper bothered (either in JP or Round 1 locations across the US) to share the joy and see who we're missing for Act 3 summaries yet, yeah I know it'll cost quite some plays for those that are missing. (And R1's play prices are no slouch either, since its 6 credits [$1.50], I doubt it costs less in JP per play. I could go and do it, but it'll cost quite a plenty, but it'll require me going to the nearest R1 and helping out.)

That, or we could wait regardless on the console release. Might as well save some $$$.

13 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

That's good to know. In general a lot more important stuff seems to have happened in CF's Arcade Mode than the other games so I'll probably play them all for myself before Story Mode. All 96 that we know of. 96! Oh boy.

On a different note, this pretty much confirms that Es will be available from the start and we won't have to play Story Mode to unlock her like Kagura in CP. It would be impossible to play her Arcade Mode before Story Mode like Mori suggests otherwise.

That's a good chance, but what if you had to clear all 96 arcade modes to unlock her instead?

Unrelated, but it's so ironic to see Lost Memories' ending after knowing both Nine and Es will be playable in CF. Definitely worth a Vs. Theme.

Still very curious about Es getting back the Azure Eyes and Murakumo's change. Because it just wouldn't make sense for Es to pack Murakumo in Naoto's Act 2 ending and then suddenly get a huge Kusanagi-like sword.

12 minutes ago, Volt said:

That's a good chance, but what if you had to clear all 96 arcade modes to unlock her instead?

Unrelated, but it's so ironic to see Lost Memories' ending after knowing both Nine and Es will be playable in CF. Definitely worth a Vs. Theme.

Still very curious about Es getting back the Azure Eyes and Murakumo's change. Because it just wouldn't make sense for Es to pack Murakumo in Naoto's Act 2 ending and then suddenly get a huge Kusanagi-like sword.

Oh boy, that'll take about 6-10 days to go through all of those acts with this many characters. [Too lazy to do the math, so correct me if I made an error]

I'm willing to bet anything that the sword she's currently wielding is just Murakumo in some powered-up form.

BlazGearRegalia In response to your statement  that "you don't expect Noel will be similiar to Ragna and Jin but she should much depend on herself" (much more like that):

I agree but there might be a little development in CF -> As we see in her Act 3's ending there is some small change in her personality: she is quite opposing toward Terumi (this determination in her voice and eyes) and it seems that she is even ready to fight with him.

On 16.04.2016 at 2:02 AM, MaximusMurkimus said:

Her arcade would probably spoil a bigger part of the story than anyone else, which is why she's console only.

Unfortunetaly might be the same in Ragna's case. We have some screens from his ending (probably he is going to fight wiht Amane) but still there aren't any summaries, movies, notes, whatever. The "Gate" seems to be important thing for plot so probably all Act 3 endings which have some information about it will be in console version.

I was trying to find something with my weak hopeless japanese but nope. Nothing.

On 16.04.2016 at 3:14 AM, Ogiga99 said:

I am guessing that it's the Es between CE and LM??? I have been playing recently the first game and she was spending some time in the Boundary.

Based on what we know to this point it seems that her role in the story is going to be bigger in the story in terms of knowledge (I suppose she won't be only a sub-boss guardian) if we compare it to Naoto. Naoto's all summaries bring that he has life link with Rachel, he is entitled but shouldn't be (of course he shouldn't be in this world too), his pressence it's dangerous for Ragna, he has some traits similiar to Ragna's (Black Beast sign stated by Hakumen), and... most of cast don't "like" him, especially Rachel has a point.

At least he was the first who got visions with Es but I doubt that they will ever meet each other (just "foreshadowed" her in-game). Intereseting threads but they was showing him to this point more like a threat than a soution/answer: especially that he is so determinated to find Raquel.

On 16.04.2016 at 6:31 PM, NeoStrayCat said:

Yeah, we get the point, but the other obvious thing now in this here topic/thread is that will the title get updated later to include the word "Story Mode" in it, or will that be separate?

Either way, yeah, the rest of the summaries that have yet to appear (completely for Act's 2 and 3 at least), would be a surprise, and I wonder, besides waiting on other sources for that, and on Zedar's translations, has any DustLooper bothered (either in JP or Round 1 locations across the US) to share the joy and see who we're missing for Act 3 summaries yet, yeah I know it'll cost quite some plays for those that are missing. (And R1's play prices are no slouch either, since its 6 credits [$1.50], I doubt it costs less in JP per play. I could go and do it, but it'll cost quite a plenty, but it'll require me going to the nearest R1 and helping out.)

I would like to join to this question (probably I won't be able to wait for EU release. The story it's just too interesting.)

It would be wonderful if I can help but "Arcade" term it's dead not only in my country but in a whole continent. I am glad that you mention mainly JP and US.

3 hours ago, Kenji Harima said:

I am guessing that it's the Es between CE and LM???

It'd make very little sense for this to be the case.  I don't get why people immediately assume because of her eye colors that this is the case; she could inherit the Embryo/Azure/plot device a second time after all.

Slightly unrelated right now, but isn't being swallowed by the Black Beast basically the same as falling into a Cauldron? If that's the case then it's more likely that the Gate isn't "inside" Ragna but simply deep into the Boundary, right?

3 minutes ago, FA-ST said:

Slightly unrelated right now, but isn't being swallowed by the Black Beast basically the same as falling into a Cauldron? If that's the case then it's more likely that the Gate isn't "inside" Ragna but simply deep into the Boundary, right?

The Black Beast is more or less the same as a cauldron, yes. But it probably doesn't mean that every cauldron leads to the same location inside the boundary.

Noel saw the gate when she was inside the black beast, but it probably only means that the azure grimoire leads directly to that gate since the grimoire is related to the azure. There should be other ways to get to the gate other then through the Black Beast, otherwise it would be hard to think that Amane would have been able to find the gate and Es earlier.

2 hours ago, NoelChan101 said:

Hazama, Noato and Ragna's act 3 is out though in bad quality

Yeah I end up seeing it. The words comes out fine but you can't hear nothing of what the characters are saying because of all the background noise.

Edit: Oh man I don't know why this came out as a double post.

1 hour ago, NoelChan101 said:

Hazama, Noato and Ragna's act 3 is out though in bad quality

Yeah I end up seeing it. The words comes out fine but you can't hear nothing of what the characters are saying because of all the background noises.

You can just google it by typing in Hazama act 3 while having  it set to the past 24 hours. You should see a Japanese title video which should play Hazama act 3. The account also has Naoto and Ragna act 3 on it.

Hazama's end, skipped the monologue part due to it was hard to read.

Hazama: Greeting, Terumi-san. … oh my, you seem to have it tough.
Terumi: cough … What, it's Hazama huh.
Hazama: It's been a long time since I've last seen you this exhausted. Are you okay?
Terumi: Ha... Do this look okay. Seriously, I went through some shit.
… and? Do you want something?
Hazama: Yes. I have an suggestion regarding about the vessel.
Terumi: Suggestion? … fine, I'll listen. It's something interesting, right?
Hazama: Yes, I think it will be interesting. And while we have that discussion...
Please be a little beat down by me.

Terumi: Hyahahaha, seriously Hazama-chan! This is the best!
You, you who is nothing more then a vessel, trying to hijack me!
Hazama: Don't you think that is a good idea?
You are currently, very exhausted.
Even with me as a vessel, I don't think the goal will be reached.
Therefor, I will instead... use this body as well as your powers.
Terumi: Hearing you talking. Kukuku...
However, For the current me... I don't have the power to reject that suggestion.
Since I even lost against you, Hyahahaha!
Hazama: So you accept?
Terumi: Fine, I'll lend it for a short time. Use it as you wish... Hazama.
Hazama: - oh. “He” is coming closer to here it seems. I'll have to show him some hospitality. Right? ...Ragan-kun.

Naoto, Relius and Rachel fight:

Naoto: That is... Relius! Hey!
Relius: ...”Kurogane Naoto”
Naoto: I don't know what to think when I'm at ease finding you, but you're at the right time. I want to ask you something!
Earlier, I met with Hazama. You know about him too, right? However, he seemed like he was a little more mature then before...
Also, met with a guy who is similar to that “Ally of Justice”. Hey, what is going on with this world?
Since Valkenhayn has become an old man, I think it's the “future” of the world I were in...
There are to many things I don't get.
Relius: ...Interesting, but... As I thought “foreign substance”.
Naoto: A?
Relius: In the “past” I know of, “Hazama” didn't exist. … And to add to it, “Kurogane Naoto”... You lost towards “Clavis Alucard” and died.
Naoto: Wh... What are you saying...?
Relius: “Who”... are you?

Naoto: Wait! I don't get it, so explain it more thoroughly!
Relius: … As far as I observed, there is no doubt that you are “Kurogane Naoto”...
However one can say you aren't also... Could it be, a “possibility”?
Naoto: Shit, as always an self-sufficient explanation! Talk so that I understand!!
What's this wind... Uwaa!?

Naoto: Ouch, What are you doing!
Raquel: And here I saved, that is not a way for a servant to speak, Naoto.
If it weren't for me, You would right now be an tool for one of his experiments.
Naoto: Who is the servant you say!! Eh? … Raquel?
Is it Raquel!? It was you who told me to not touch the azure, right? What did you mean by that. And, what kind of world is...

Rachel: A... no...
Naoto: Gue!? What is it this time!?
Rachel: I don't know who it is, but don't use my body on your own!
Naoto: Ah...? Raquel... No, it's Rachel this time?
Rachel: And you too... I told you not to get close to me again.
Since this is the cauldron, I will knock you down to the boundary right now and send you back to your world!

Naoto: Calm down a little! I have no intention of fighting you...
Rachel: I have no intention of talking with you!
Just...
...What.

… Can't help it. Only one minute.
Naoto: Eh? What?
Raquel: … We don't have time, so I'll keep it simple.
Naoto: T, this time it's... Raquel?
Raquel: Just listen, Naoto.
It was I who sent you to this world.
And you can't currently return to your world.
And that is because the world you were in have vanished.
Naoto: What?

Raquel: This world is the “possibility” for the birth of the world you were in.
However, the possibilities in this world have fallen apart.
Therefore your world vanished...
Because the “Possibility” that gives birth to worlds have vanished...
And the worlds that were supposed to have been given birth also vanished.
Naoto: W, wait, the possibility for the sake of giving birth to worlds?
Then, This isn't the future world!?
Raquel: It's not... It's the “stating point”.
Naoto: Stating point? Shit, I don't get it...
Then why are you fine? What about the rest?
Raquel: ...I was born in the boundary. Therefore my ties to the world are thin.
And thanks to that, you who are tied to me... I could send “only” you right before the world vanished...
But that is only a question of time. You can't be stayed in this world forever.
Therefore, save this world's possibility right now.
Save your... “our” world!!
Naoto: Wha...? Save... the world??
That's too much responsibility so suddenly, isn't it!!!

I wonder if Naoto  world was probably given birth by the Continuum Shift that happen in CS with Takamagahara observing different possibilities. Once Takamagahara was taken control by the Imperator and destroyed by her his world most likely cease to exist as well since it was no longer being observer and is nothing more then a spin-off to the Blazblue "Main" timeline which we know of is being observed by Amaterasu. 

Now Naoto has to basically find a way to reboot his world possibilities "main" timeline again which makes world he is currently in the "stating point". That probably goes back to what Amane is trying to do with his plan on rebooting Takamagahara again.  Since the Master Unit is only interested in observing the Blazblue "main" timeline Amane wants to take the Master Unit out of the equation and have Takamagahara solely observe all the world different possibilities again.