Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Arcade Plot Discussion (spoilers)

2 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

Like seriously. He kicked Haz way harder (even if just twice) than any other character not named Ragna.

He even stomped on Noel and just walked away but now I'm wondering what Terumi was saying in those quotes?

19 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Why I have the feel that scene of Jin in the middle of the fire, with Kagura and Izanami is a gag reel?

You can totally see palm trees burning, this must be The End of the Brotherly Paradise Zetsubou-hen.

9 hours ago, Yoshirocks92 said:

He even stomped on Noel and just walked away but now I'm wondering what Terumi was saying in those quotes?

If you're talking about noel, I believe (someone check my jp I'm tired rn)  he basically asks her  where her insides (sword- mu) went, and after he beats her its like shit there's no point. Noel just says that this person gives her a bad feeling. Also notably he does not call her a doll "ningyo" but trash instead.

7 minutes ago, Sashide said:

If you're talking about noel, I believe (someone check my jp I'm tired rn)  he basically asks her  where her insides (sword- mu) went, and after he beats her its like shit there's no point. Noel just says that this person gives her a bad feeling. Also notably he does not call her a doll "ningyo" but trash instead.

I guess more in the case with Noel since she separated from Mu after seeing the gate to the gods inside the Black Beast since she wanted to forget what she saw and after you said that Terumi gave her a bad feeling despite not saying his name means Noel doesn't remember who he is since a good chunk of her memories are gone after she saw the gate and separated from Mu-12 in order to protect it but also sacrificing her memories as well but that's a theory.    

1 minute ago, Yoshirocks92 said:

I guess more in the case with Noel since she separated from Mu after seeing the gate to the gods inside the Black Beast since she wanted to forget what she saw and after you said that Terumi gave her a bad feeling despite not saying his name means Noel doesn't remember who he is since a good chunk of her memories are gone after she saw the gate and separated from Mu-12 in order to protect it but also sacrificing her memories as well but that's a theory.    

Yeah pretty much this makes sense! She definitely addresses him like she doesn't know him, all he other times she's seen him in the past she says "I'm not a doll/ I won't forgive you" but she's really uncertain here.

3 minutes ago, Sashide said:

Yeah pretty much this makes sense! She definitely addresses him like she doesn't know him, all he other times she's seen him in the past she says "I'm not a doll/ I won't forgive you" but she's really uncertain here.

I wonder if it's Noel's true memories coming back to her because in Mu's Act 3, Izanami called Noel "The Origin" as the former wanted to put the latter into her coffin inside the Master Unit since Noel was the first to touch the God of the BlazBlue universe but in Kagura's Act 3, Kokonoe tells him that Noel is part of the Master Unit before correcting herself and saying that Noel is the Master Unit herself and that Noel is the God of the BlazBlue universe. Also in that same ending, Kokonoe tells Kagura that there are two methods that Noel can be killed, The first of it is impaling Noel with Izayoi's Immortal Breaker while the second is sealing Noel's soul inside Kushinada's Lynchpin which is another way of killing Noel and this works for Izanami as well since both her and Noel have taken vessels and in Noel's case, she obtained her vessel when Mu-12 was being tested by Sector Seven in order for Terumi to become a Black Beast. but we already know what happened from there.

Spoiler

tumblr_od6h0aDjEW1ucv9buo6_500.png

Not sure if anyone knows, but tumblr has given us crystal clear images of people's arcade images. It seems that Tager not only 'killed' Kagura and Noel, but also Tsubaki and Makoto. Damn this is friggin' dark. I'm actually shocked that Makoto is here since she and Tager are pretty much partners of crime.

Images of the quotes of and against Es in English (except Bang), from Dreamolition Derby 3 in Munich (taken by me *cought*). We simply forgot to take pictures of Bang because the game crashed very often after the winning animation of her or the opponent, so we had to switch the setups at least three times. Sorry that it took so long, there was also a problem with transferring the images and I also had to edit everyone of them:

http://imgur.com/a/XXaxh

Spoiler

HRy5uDx.jpgSwGalKP.jpg

1 hour ago, Danaiden said:

Images of the quotes of and against Es in English (except Bang), from Dreamolition Derby 3 in Munich. We simply forgot to take pictures of Bang because the game crashed very often after the winning animation of her or the opponent, so we had to switch the setups at least three times. Sorry that it took so long, there was also a problem with transferring the images and I also had to edit everyone of them:

Thanks! That... certainly says a lot. Many of her quotes are just standard "eliminating the target" robo speak but still I have a lot of points to talk about.

• For one thing this is absolute 100% proof that Nine/Celica = Watashi/Imouto (Celica seems to recognize Es because she is Nobody but is confused because Imouto never actually saw what Es looked like).
  • It seems she has lost her XBlaze memories aside from pudding (at least for now). She doesn't recognize Celica but it's unclear if Es ever regained her memories of Imouto in the first place (she only met with Watashi) and her quote against Makoto implies she doesn't know who the memories of "Family" belong to. At the very least, the memories do seem to exist in her data banks.
  • Her vaguely recalling Celica also means this Es has to have come from after Lost: Memories (thank god).
  • I'm not sure how to take Carl saying she is "neither human nor machine." Some characters note she is similar to the Prime Fields they know (which makes sense since she is a different type) but does this mean she isn't fully Prime Field either? Would this be because of the Embryo/Azure or because of her human transformation in Lost: Memories?
  • The fact that Makoto seems familiar to Es like she did for Naoto makes the Yuuki Himezuru = Yuuki Hayami theory even more likely.
  • Es says "recharging magic levels" after defeating Izanami. Does this mean she is now using magic somehow or is this about the power of the Azure?
  • I think the XBlaze search terms certain characters cause her to remember are important somehow. Nine makes her think of Touya, which makes sense since Watashi helped her return to him and change his fate. Makoto makes her think of Yuuki because of the above-mentioned similarity and because a big part of Yuuki was her desire for and care for family. Ragna connecting to Grim Reaper and Black Beast are obvious but why Ten Sages aside from referencing the Sechs red herring? Tsubaki triggering Izayoi makes sense for obvious reasons and Ten Sages works as an extension of that (the Magic Guild had the Sealed Spear Izayoi and gave it to Kuon to hunt down the Ten Sages). I guess Wizard might be her remembering Kuon because of the connection. WHY DOES TERUMI MAKE HER THINK OF RINGO(A.K.A. NINE'S ANCESTOR)???!!!! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???!!!
  • Her quote against Tao is hilarious. Es's love of pudding is eternal, which makes sense since her entire understanding of the concept of love was contextualized by pudding.
  • Why does Naoto seem to know Es? Is it another case of character overlap syndrome (in this case Kiiro) or is there something more to it?
  • Apparently Es can disable Tsukuyomi's absolute defense. How powerful is she?
  • Good to see Kagura never changes.
  • Her Amane and Relius Astraled results are blatant references to two CG's from XBlaze (Warning Relius one is NSFW).

That's about all I've got for now. Still quite a lot though.

2 hours ago, Danaiden said:

mages of the quotes of and against Es in English (except Bang), from Dreamolition Derby 3 in Munich (taken by me *cought*)

Thanks for your hard work my friend. Eh because of my shitty duty on this day I couldn't be in Munich.

It seems that Lost Memories' ES has become official. However "Imouto" Celica in the CF looks a little bit different than in Lost Memories.

A screen from second PV

Spoiler

Celica_zpsa23dzz5v.jpg

Of course that isn't an amazing discovery.

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

Why does Naoto seem to know Es? Is it another case of character overlap syndrome (in this case Kiiro) or is there something more to it?

Except that Kiro is resemble to Es he is the only one person who had a vision about Es. However it might be just a way to predict Es' appearance in the game.

If anyone is curious in more Terumi stuff I'd be up for translating a few more of his intro quotes (Kazuma's my fav, but he's near and dear to me too!), just let me know which.

Yeah I kinda figured Although my lil bro and I still find it strange that Terumi of all people made Es think of Ringo but then again Es's memories are kinda mixed up just like Noel's for some reason. Also Es was talking about Izanami's magic levels not about herself although Hazama seems to want to get the True Azure at least.

2 minutes ago, Sashide said:

If anyone is curious in more Terumi stuff I'd be up for translating a few more of his intro quotes (Kazuma's my fav, but he's near and dear to me too!), just let me know which.

All of them!

They really need to do something about the text crossing over onto the character art in the victory screen. It gets difficult to read sometimes.

Spoiler

Noel VS Es 1.jpgNoel Vs Es 2.jpg

Well I guess Es is aware of Noel being able to see the Gate but of course Es has to terminate Noel while the latter wants to know what the former was seeing which at some point during the Story Mode, Noel and Es have to encounter each other during the course of it.

1 minute ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Something interesting that I noticed was in Amane Astral, her eyes were orange, while her CF eyes are blue... I wonder what happened between that time.

Receiving the Embryo in ''XBlaze'' gave her blue eyes. She also had blue eyes as Nobody.

2 hours ago, Danaiden said:

Images of the quotes of and against Es in English (except Bang), from Dreamolition Derby 3 in Munich (taken by me *cought*). We simply forgot to take pictures of Bang because the game crashed very often after the winning animation of her or the opponent, so we had to switch the setups at least three times. Sorry that it took so long, there was also a problem with transferring the images and I also had to edit everyone of them:

Many thanks to you and for all your hard work in getting these.

Azrael is officially my favorite antagonist ever in this series. Amazing how he could show up so late (CP) and manage to win me over in less than 1 full game whereas characters like Litchi, Arakune, and Rachel haven't been able to do that in 3~4. And just look at this badass mofo. Most characters either express intrigue or outright terror at Es' presence/existence. Azrael though? The man is so giddy at the prospect of fighting her and later the vaguely mentioned gods, you can practically see the bloodlust dripping from his Tarzan hairdo. Even Es notes how insanely dangerous he is.

2 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

Thanks! That... certainly says a lot. Many of her quotes are just standard "eliminating the target" robo speak but still I have a lot of points to talk about.

• Ragna connecting to Grim Reaper and Black Beast are obvious but why Ten Sages aside from referencing the Sechs red herring?

Well Ragna's origins are more or less a mystery all the same and could be any number of things. My most elaborate though on it would be that he has that 10 Sages connection because he was found in Relius' lab by Jubei. And as we've learned, Relius himself WAS among their number at some point in time. I somehow doubt it's the Sechs connection unless Mori plans on pulling something straight out his drug-laced hat again. I dunno, it seems a little too obvious personally. But then again Tager being Bullet's captain was obvious to everyone and well, here we are.

I'm curious as to why Ragna's arm is reacting to her though. Is it just the fact that she's the Azure's gatekeeper? Or is it residual memories within the arm itself showing up again? Though, I'd question why his arm would even have that reaction to her if the two never personally met...

Litchi being told that, once again, she has no right to be anywhere near the Azure is rather hilarious to me. How many people does this make that told her she ain't got the qualifications for it?

Interesting quotes coming from Es and everyone to Es... Allow me to share a few thoughts:

Nu-13 to Es: "Nu doesn't want the Azure only Ragna."

I'm confused... I thought she was going to try destroying the world with or without Ragna... Or maybe it's just her true self talking, idk, Nu will be Nu! XD

Hakumen to Es: "The Azure is pointless... One's justice can only be realized through one's blade."

Jin to Es: " Pathetic. The Azure won't do me any good. "

You two know this HOW??????? How do you know what the Azure does!? I really don't know what to think of these two anymore...

Es cross referencing Ragna to the Ten Sages? Wait, WHAT!? H-How, HOW!? Where does a guy like Ragna fit in with a group like them!? This is just amusing...

2 minutes ago, BlazGearRegalia said:

I'm confused... I thought she was going to try destroying the world with or without Ragna... Or maybe it's just her true self talking, idk, Nu will be Nu! XD

Nu-13 is a broken, insane little Murakumo. Her logic will never be sound. She equates "love" to "destruction" after all.

3 minutes ago, BlazGearRegalia said:

You two know this HOW??????? How do you know what the Azure does!? I really don't know what to think of these two anymore...

Two things:
1. They're the wielders of the Power of Order. It might be possible that as its agents, they're capable of understanding just what the Azure wants/does. Jin also has Trinity currently paying rent to reside in his body so she could be feeding him intel while Haku-men's been around for ages and might've picked up a book or two in his spare time on it.
2. These guys have a perpetual stick up their ass. I wouldn't trust their tunnel-vision philosophy any more than I'd trust spending alone time with Relius in his lab.

7 minutes ago, BlazGearRegalia said:

Es cross referencing Ragna to the Ten Sages? Wait, WHAT!? H-How, HOW!? Where does a guy like Ragna fit in with a group like them!? This is just amusing...

For the same reason Terumi reminds her off "curry" and "Ringo". Good luck explaining that one.

3 minutes ago, BlazGearRegalia said:

Interesting quotes coming from Es and everyone to Es... Allow me to share a few thoughts:

Nu-13 to Es: "Nu doesn't want the Azure only Ragna."

Hakumen to Es: "The Azure is pointless... One's justice can only be realized through one's blade."

1. Nu is mad at Ragna because he wants to save her, yet her busted brain sees that as rejection on his part. If she can get him to attempt to kill her, she might view it as a "reconciliation" of sorts.

2. Hakumen has been in the Boundary, so he may have come close to it and realize it wasn't worth it. And Jin wants to destroy anything that involves being ruled over. A world without gods. Then again, Hakumen may have had this line of thought as well.

3. Ragna, Jin and Saya were found in Relius' lab, who as mentioned above, used to be One, leader of the Ten Sages, as revealed by Nine.

9 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Litchi being told that, once again, she has no right to be anywhere near the Azure is rather hilarious to me. How many people does this make that told her she ain't got the qualifications for it?

Let's face it, she's hopeless. The story of Litchi is like a one sided love story that needs to end either her realizing just how stupid her actions were or in her inevitable death because she wouldn't stop trying to get her hands on shit she's not supposed to be fucking with in the first place. After CP, I just went, "Nope she's beyond saving, she ain't worth shit, please let her die in the next game."

7 minutes ago, GunBlazer said:

1. Nu is mad at Ragna because he wants to save her, yet her busted brain sees that as rejection on his part. If she can get him to attempt to kill her, she might view it as a "reconciliation" of sorts.

2. Hakumen has been in the Boundary, so he may have come close to it and realize it wasn't worth it. And Jin wants to destroy anything that involves being ruled over. A world without gods. Then again, Hakumen may have had this line of thought as well.

3. Ragna, Jin and Saya were found in Relius' lab, who as mentioned above, used to be One, leader of the Ten Sages, as revealed by Nine.

1. I'm gonna go with Jin & Hakumen having sticks up their asses, cause that's the vibe I've gotten from them at this point. Honestly, these two went from "please die" to having my respect and now to "You have issues. Please go see a therapist"

2. Unable to think of any explanation on the cross references, but I'll sure as hell think up one.

7 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Nu-13 is a broken, insane little Murakumo. Her logic will never be sound. She equates "love" to "destruction" after all.

Two things:
1. They're the wielders of the Power of Order. It might be possible that as its agents, they're capable of understanding just what the Azure wants/does. Jin also has Trinity currently paying rent to reside in his body so she could be feeding him intel while Haku-men's been around for ages and might've picked up a book or two in his spare time on it.
2. These guys have a perpetual stick up their ass. I wouldn't trust their tunnel-vision philosophy any more than I'd trust spending alone time with Relius in his lab.

For the same reason Terumi reminds her off "curry" and "Ringo". Good luck explaining that one.

Crazy waifu will be crazy waifu... I'm just gonna cross my fingers for her...

2 hours ago, Luminos564 said:

I feel like this is just Mori trolling the "Terumi=Touya" theory supporters.

although as a supporter myself I'm getting kinda hype right now

4 hours ago, FA-ST said:

I feel like this is just Mori trolling the "Terumi=Touya" theory supporters.

although as a supporter myself I'm getting kinda hype right now

Funny, I've never heard this one before. I apologize in advance since you say you support it but I think this is even more ridiculous than Terumi = Unomaru/Ripper/Kiri. Touya and Terumi's personalities are light years apart and nothing could happen that would cause the kindhearted Touya to become a sadistic monster like Terumi. Even if Touya were to turn the blatant parallels between the two and how Touya reacts when he learns he's not human heavily imply that he would end up the same as Sechs, who also acts nothing like Terumi. Not to mention the fact that Terumi's nature as a spirit seems completely irreconcilable with Touya literally being the Original Grimoire in human form. There is also the two biggest issue with any Terumi = *insert XBlaze character here* that can never be solved. One, Terumi has been around for a long time. Terumi has had time to master Magic and Alchemy, be the most knowledgeable person about the Boundary ever, figure out how to create the Azure Grimoire and occupy the Susanoo Unit. There is no indication that Touya could use Magic at all (if so why wouldn't Mei teach him) and since Magic use is hereditary and cannot be used by everyone like Ars Magus, Terumi would not know Magic if he was Touya. Also, don't forget that the Susanoo Unit was excavated from Japan at some point in the distant past and was then taken by the Alucard clan until it was given to Jin during the Dark War. The Susanoo Unit could not have been used for hundreds if not thousands of years. Touya couldn't possibly have spent any time in the Unit when he is from just 50 years before Hakumen. And we can't go with the idea of Touya having traveled back in time through the Cauldron to have those experiences because that leads to the second issue with an XBlaze character being Terumi. The XBlaze world is completely sealed off from the rest of the BlazBlue universe by the World of the Tsukuyomi. The Phantom Field is still in place so no one could get in or out of that world via the Boundary and Touya's stated goal at the end of Lost: Memories was to destroy all of the Gates so nobody could use the Boundary for evil. There is zero chance of Terumi coming from this possibility. It's also not possible for Terumi to be an alternate Touya from the main timeline because in that world the Wadatsumi Incident, which is the thing that created Touya in the first place, never happened.

Again I apologize but this theory really has nothing to stand on. Plus, that line from Terumi doesn't actually hint at a connection to Touya in the slightest. Those terms suggest he has a connection with the Mercury's and the Magic Guild/Ten Sages far more than they tease anything about Touya.

7 hours ago, Luminos564 said:

I'm curious as to why Ragna's arm is reacting to her though. Is it just the fact that she's the Azure's gatekeeper? Or is it residual memories within the arm itself showing up again? Though, I'd question why his arm would even have that reaction to her if the two never personally met...

It's definitely because of them both being wielders of the Azure. Near half the cast's quotes against Es have them react to feeling the power of the Azure from her so it makes sense that the Azure Grimoire would react the strongest.

8 hours ago, Toxin45 said:

Also Es was talking about Izanami's magic levels not about herself

Nothing about Es's line suggests that at all. The line is "Unable to detect decline in target threat level. Recharging magic levels... Resuming combat mode." The recharging is connected to her preparing to "resume combat mode," nothing about Izanami's threat level not decreasing suggests that Izanami would be the one recharging or that Es could even sense that in the first place.

7 hours ago, BlazGearRegalia said:

Why is this a surprise? Everyone knows what the Azure does. The Azure is the ultimate power at the root of the world that is capable of letting on shape the world as they wish. It is the thing that everyone has been chasing throughout this game to create their desired world. Jin and Hakumen are rejecting using the Azure to play god and rewrite the world.