Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Arcade Plot Discussion (spoilers)

Finally I have a time to write something longer.

On 14.09.2016 at 11:23 PM, NoelChan101 said:

What did Nine Say to Noel @ 3:37

On 16.09.2016 at 0:15 AM, Yoshirocks92 said:

Yeah I'm interested to know what Nine said to Noel as well.

Enjoy:

1) Before the batte:

Nine: Finally we meet (漸く会えたはね.)

Nine: I will smash you dear Miss Doll (ぶち壊してあげるわ、御人形さん)

Noel: Doll, me? (人形、私か?)

2) And after the battle (the last sentence it's hard to hear because of music):

Nine: It's coming! (来るぞ!)

Noel: Hurt! (痛い!)

Nine: This lost/doomed world it's a vessel(???) which it's suitable for you (出来損ないな世界は御にあいの器だわ)

Unfortunately nothing amazing like you see. My friend helped me with this. Ogiga99 provided a good context of this dialogue too.

On 11.09.2016 at 11:05 PM, BlazGearRegalia said:

And what do we make of Carl??????? You know, Relius Jr. who's STILL trying to bring back his sister. As much as I despise the little guy for what he's doing, I still have some sympathy for him, but the big question I'm racking up in my brain is: How is Carl suppose to be dealt with before he completes his metamorphosis into a full on Relius Jr.?

Huh it's intriguing me as well but...

The Little Harry Potter's methods in goal to save own sister are a little understandable for me. Instead of being an ally to his father he should try to do something by himself for example join to the main cast and nicely ask Kokonoe for lectures (Relius himself was teaching her so it may possible that she would agree), Amane also could be heplful. This dude isn't a kid (ok not a small kid) after all even if he looks like one. His mentality is similiar to Noel but even she isn't so naive. In reality what can his father do for him? Probably he would create a new body for Ada and it's highly possible that it would be PFD-like. Moreover all artificiall beings in the game if they possess somebody soul (according to CS ending Ragna doesn't know for who his soul belonged in the past) they don't have access to memories of this soul (BB follows the theory that soul contains memories) so I assume that Ada wouldn't recognize Carl. Let's not forget that Relius due to his cruelty would use this occasion and probably prepare another experiment so Carl would be chated.

Because of Carl lack of knowledge I think that he won't never turn into Relius and even if he won't become a big threat -> all his strenght is mainly relying on Nirvana.

I highly doubt that one day he will get the "enlightenment" and end as a self-taught scientist. Being a kid made by a badass couple doesn't make you a badass too. Kokonoe is a perfect example. She isn't "mighty" as her mother or father but at least she is struggling.

I suppose that Mori didn't want to make another OP "angel of vengeance" (we have Ragna, Kokonoe, Nine) so keeps Carl's position as "weakling" (mentally).

19 hours ago, Sashide said:

What is the Age of Origin and where can I read it?

Unfortunately nowhere because it was rarely mentioned in the novels (if you read Phase Shift novels it should be in both 0 and 1), BBMC (material collections) and games (XBlaze).

The problem is that he wasn't talking straight and precisely in his Act 3 -> I mean to regain old vessel. I interpreted it that he will obtain a vessel from "it" (The Hhiirokane), perfectly fit to him. I only suspect that cube form it's plastic and he can do from it whatever he wants and beacuse it's Terumi... the time limit isn't a problem ;) Of course my thoughts may end as overinterpretation. Oh and in Act 2 Terumi suggested Hakumen to care about "this" body.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of possibility that Nine would "ressurect" Take-Mikazuchi -> Does it mean that almost HALF of cast are going to be... unarmed??? So we will see how Jinnie Power of Order is strong in hand-to-hand combat (give him a Masamune).

Well...

6 hours ago, Kenji Harima said:

I highly doubt that one day he will get the "enlightenment" and end as a self-taught scientist. Being a kid made by a badass couple doesn't make you a badass too. Kokonoe is a perfect example. She isn't "mighty" as her mother or father but at least she is struggling.

I disagree with this statement, as Hakumen put it, Kokonoe has every inch of power one could hope from such strong parents, she just choose to apply herself to science rather than develop as a fighter or magician.

As a matter of fact, Kokonoe biggest flaw is that she never saw her legacy as something positive, she never tried to find any strenght in her magical or physical prowess (which requires intense body training) because she rejected both Nine and Juubei either out pain or spite. She instead developed her skills in an area which neither of her parents had experience with and as a result she fights with her scientific inventions rather than the raw potential she inherited from her parents.

We must not forget that despite barely studying magic, Kokonoe is able to perform two of her mother's strongest spells (meteor and infinite gravity) even if the effort tires her out quickly and that comparing her to the ressurected Nine is unfair because the latter has been enchanced by the Crimson Grimmoire which grants a massive boost in magic to it's wielder. Powerful as Nine was in life, she would never be competing with Izanami and Terumi for the villain throne if Relius hadn't upgraded her significantly upon revival.

In my view, Kokonoe will only embrace her heritage and master her parents' fighting styles after she makes amends with both Nine and Juubei but the results would only be shown in a future Blazblue installment.

6 hours ago, 1337 H@x0r said:

Ok I admit that you have got a point there. If we are speaking about Kokonoe's "raw potential" I forgot to write in the previous post that her grandfather (Shuichiro Ayatsuki) was a scientist too so it might be an another argument which explains her choice and preferences. I would compare her to Jubei and Nine from Dark War if we want to discuss Kokone's "mightiness" in terms of her own skills (she is the "second" after Relius but even as a second she was able to surprised him).

Still I don't see Carl as a candidate who is able to replace/overthrow Relius. Kokonoe improves her abilities but Little Potter... well... he does nothing. Of course it may change in the further games but personally... it would be laughable for me if it would happen without any teaching from Kokonoe because it's highly doubtfully that Relius would sacrifice his time for own son. Somebody may ask "Then why Relius hasn't killed him yet?" -> Like I said in previous post: Carl isn't a threat, Relius can use a Carl-Nirvana relationship for an another experiment and finally... I won't be surprised if Relius morph Carl's body and use it as a future vessel.

Well...

1 hour ago, Kenji Harima said:

Ok I admit that you have got a point there. If we are speaking about Kokonoe's "raw potential" I forgot to write in the previous post that her grandfather (Shuichiro Ayatsuki) was a scientist too so it might be an another argument which explains her choice and preferences. I would compare her to Jubei and Nine from Dark War if we want to discuss Kokone's "mightiness" in terms of her own skills (she is the "second" after Relius but even as a second she was able to surprised him).

Still I don't see Carl as a candidate who is able to replace/overthrow Relius. Kokonoe improves her abilities but Little Potter... well... he does nothing. Of course it may change in the further games but personally... it would be laughable for me if it would happen without any teaching from Kokonoe because it's highly doubtfully that Relius would sacrifice his time for own son. Somebody may ask "Then why Relius hasn't killed him yet?" -> Like I said in previous post: Carl isn't a threat, Relius can use a Carl-Nirvana relationship for an another experiment and finally... I won't be surprised if Relius morph Carl's body and use it as a future vessel.

I don't know, you are forgetting that Nine was a self taught magical genius and that we don't know squat about how Relius came to be such an incredibly talented science magister.

In my view Carl only started tapping into his inherent abilities as of CF, like Kokonoe he wasn't utilizing the mad potential inherited from his father simply because he rejected everything about him and not because he can't measure up to Relius.

It's worth notice that CF is the end of Ragna's story but not of the Blazblue franchise and that much of the character development displayed in it will likely prepare the setting for a sequel taking place after a long time skip.

Carl is barely in his early teens, compared to the centuries old Relius who honed his skills to the point of creating artificial Sankishin (if his declaration that Ignis can replace Amaterasu is any indication) he is certainly a joke but give that kid some fifty plus years of mad science research and nobody will be laughing at him. I take that Relius will probably get killed by someone else in CF though.

If there is any indication, the next Blazblue game will be another Xanatos Speed game but this time between Kokonoe, Carl, Amane, Hazama and whoever takes Izanami's place as evil goddess.

I was looking for the characters PVs and I noticed some interesting things:

First, Ragna doesn't have one, yet, which makes him the very last character on this, obviously.

Second, they are making in order of each character's release, which is a nice touch, indeed, but if they use this method (showing some arcade CGs and Astral Finish), probably Es and Mai will be get into the stream, unless they put their Exceed Accel, like their own trailers.

Third, since the number of remaining days checks with the number of released characters, we probably won't get anything about that unidentified crest during the wait, or better, it will get us when we less expect.

Now I want to ask something, just to be sure about it. JP CF is close by, will this very own thread be used to speak about the Story Mode or just about any newcomers' arcades (Es, Mai...), resulting into a new thread focused only in Story Mode spoilers?

6 hours ago, Chaoschao222 said:

This thread will die, and two more will replace it, just as was the case for Chrono Phantasma.

One for Story Mode and another for newcomers' arcades?

No; one for factual story information and discussion, and one for speculations founded upon these facts.

Too much misinformation may spread when factual discussion and speculative discussion are in the same place.

4 hours ago, Chaoschao222 said:

No; one for factual story information and discussion, and one for speculations founded upon these facts.

Too much misinformation may spread when factual discussion and speculative discussion are in the same place.

Will the factual story information allow for spoilers?

2 minutes ago, Chaoschao222 said:

Both will be completely full of spoilers. If one is waiting for the English release, those threads will be a sad experience.

I guess that would make sense in a way since while waiting for the English release then we would know what's going on in the Japanese version.

It's taken me far too long to say anything about this opening. First off, the thing moves like a mile a minute just to fit the entire cast into it. A lot of it is just generic establishing shots or obvious rival fights so I don't have anything to say about them but I will throw in my thoughts on some of the more interesting points.

• The opening shot of Ragna and the final clash between him and Terumi takes place with them beneath a glowing blue ball. That image fits with the hints we've seen of what the Azure looks like, leading me to believe that those scenes are from when the characters reach the Realm of the Gods where the Azure supposedly resides and subsequently are pointing towards the climax since the Realm of the Gods is clearly the place everyone is heading towards that will be the scene of the final battle.
  • That scene of Ragna and Bang sitting together is awesome because Ragna seriously needs more friends.
  • I'm pretty sure the weird thing that opens it's eyes is Take-Mikazuchi. The shot comes immediately after the scene of Nine with all the Nox Nyctores and if you look closely it does have a very humanoid shaped head. Another interesting thing is that the scene clearly takes place in Es's stage and we all know that has a Black Beast in the background so it is possible that Take-Mikazuchi will turn into a Black Beast (it already pretty much is one in all but shape).
  • Act 2 ending girl (whether she's Amaterasu, some version of Noel or whatever) is crying. Good to know that in BlazBlue even the person who is probably God has a shitty life.
  • That shot of Rachel falling into roses (her only shot in the opening) still bothers me for obvious reasons. Noticeably, the editing hints at more connections with Naoto since we cut from a shot of Naoto running around looking for something to Rachel (complete with the lyrics "sagashite" for good measure) but we knew that already.
  • Looks like Carl's going to be blinded. His journey down the dark side to being Relius 2.0 is nearly complete.
  • Nobody's talked about it, but after the Carl scene we get a brief shot of what seems to be Lambda going Super Saiyan. She's touching some weird cracked glowing sphere and I have no idea what to make of it.
  • It's now confirmed that Terumi will reclaim the Susano'o Unit in the story (and I'm almost certain the new crest belongs to him too). The signs were all there but now we know it's happening. Looks like Hakumen's dead unless Terumi ends up just suppressing him or something. Between this and the final shot being a fight between Ragna and Terumi, it seems like Terumi has managed to reclaim his position as top villain from Izanami.

6 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:
  • Looks like Carl's going to be blinded. His journey down the dark side to being Relius 2.0 is nearly complete.
  • It's now confirmed that Terumi will reclaim the Susano'o Unit in the story (and I'm almost certain the new crest belongs to him too). The signs were all there but now we know it's happening. Looks like Hakumen's dead unless Terumi ends up just suppressing him or something. Between this and the final shot being a fight between Ragna and Terumi, it seems like Terumi has managed to reclaim his position as top villain from Izanami.

Relius is blind? I never got that impression

What is Hazama doing in all of this while Terumi's out doing his thing?

Well...

Since Nine will collect all Nox Nyctores and pump them dry into TM, can we assume that Nirvana is doomed and Carl will go full Relius because Ada will die for good?

In a sense, Ada dying could be considered a merciful end since Makoto's CS bad end indicates she suffered horribly when being turned into a doll and to top that of having to watch her beloved little brother slip down the same road as their father is just bullshit no one deserves.

What scares me is that since Nirvana and Ignis will probably be destroyed by the end of CF then Carl will probably kidnap, break and dollify some poor replacement with Litchi and Makoto being most likely candidates.

This universe never gives a break to anyone does it?

17 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:
  • Nobody's talked about it, but after the Carl scene we get a brief shot of what seems to be Lambda going Super Saiyan. She's touching some weird cracked glowing sphere and I have no idea what to make of it.

If you're willing to listen to a tiresome Azrael fanboy, then perhaps I can shed some light on it. Remember how Take-mikazuchi has a giant ass glowing sphere right in the middle of its upper torso? It is also incidentally where Ragna, Celica and Nu-13 came out of back in CP ending. So if your hunch is correct and dear ol' Satellite Doom Cannon does become the next Black Beast courtesy of Nine feeding it several trillion doses of vitamin Nyctores, I wager that some poor sap is going to get themselves tossed into it in order to power the damn thing. If Lamb-chops is involved, then you can bet your dakimakura that the person tossed in there would be Ragna and Lamb-chops ain't in the business of abandoning him.

However, you could also spin it a different way. Remember how Relius became super interested in Lamb-chops when she started exceeding her original programing and is now seeking her to use as a replacement for some, no doubt, immoral scientific purpose? It could be possible that rather than use Nu-13 or Noel/Mu-12, Relius decided to toss Lamb-chops into a Black Beast core. But she ain't having any of that shit so in that scene she has decided to give Take-mikazuchi/Black Beast the biggest case of heartburn ever recorded. The only problem I see is that the glowing spherical portion in that shot is really rather small.

17 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

God I hope not. I've grown really tired of Terumi rearing his snake-eyed head everywhere. Let someone else have the top bunk of villainy for once you sorry excuse for a spectre :arg:. But my wager is that Haku-men bites the dust this time. It'd make sense since, as a relic of the past, he's no longer necessary in the world and it is time to pass the torch off to his younger incarnation. Terumi did state that he plans of evicting Haku-Jin out since I doubt Terumi could suppress the Power of Order (Haku-men's will at least) long enough to move the Susano-O unit like he'd want to.

I still have a hunch that Jin, Ragna and Noel were created in a lab using Trinity's genetic makeup. As I said before, the resemblance is uncanny. She did make Luna and Sena so the theory isn't farfetched.

I'm also interested in see Trinity/Jin bonding moments in CF's main storyline.

On 9/27/2016 at 6:27 PM, ImmaYuukiTerumi said:

Takehaya Susano'o. I can't wait.

You and me both.

If it's within my scope of jp I'll prob be translating what stuff I can (my jp is shaky), but ahhhh I can't wait.

So.

Chapter 10 of the story mode trophy is called "The Requiem".

The ending story trophy is called "And on that bombshell..."

I really hope they're not telegraphing how it's gonna go for Ragna with those trophy names.

So.

I really hope they're not telegraphing how it's gonna go for Ragna with those trophy names.

My main concern is about the other 2 achievements. They are Act1 and Act2! Wasn't Story mode supposed to take place AFTER the arcade?

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, the Spectacles of Eros are coming back. The achievement "Don't forget the extras" is Ragna using it.

I wanted to refresh myself on BlazBlue's story before the big spoilers show up. The excellent wikia and forums were a lot of unstructured reading, so I ended up trying to make a streamlined BlazBlue story and lore guide.

Check it out and let me know what you think: http://blazblue.kumodori.com

I kept away from CF spoilers, but I have a small section with an Arcade Mode summary.

I tried to be as factual as possible and stay away from speculation, but sometimes I had to make guesses, especially since I went with a mostly timeline format. Let me know if I got something way off!

Hope this helps people review before for next week (or November)!

On 19.09.2016 at 2:54 PM, 1337 H@x0r said:

I don't know, you are forgetting that Nine was a self taught magical genius and that we don't know squat about how Relius came to be such an incredibly talented science magister.

Honestly I don't remember if it was mentioned in any Phase Shift  novel (I will check it later) but... she belongs to mysterious Mercury family (and we see through the story that all of their members had a natural qualifications to magic/sorcery/alchemy), she was talented pre-Dark War yes, skilled yep, but still she was attending and was studying in the magic academy.

Morever I think that we shouldn't compare Magic and Sorcery to Science and Alchemy as well.

Magic can be use and learn only by people who are able to use mana as well. If you aren't gifted naturally to do it then you won't become a magician. It also seems that if somebody has a strong soul it doesn't mean that will have an ability to use Magic (Makoto) even it is a Azure-related skill (so the soul theoretically should be one of main factors).

Alchemy is definitely the other story → everyone can learn it and exceed their skills. I would take a risk and say that a good alchemist without an ability to use magic or sorcery might be able to gap the difference in power between himself and magician by improve own body or by create some devices/beings/whatever. Seifer maybe isn't a good example due to fact that he didn't make anything new but his actions showed the dangerous potential of the alchemy. I have just wanted to pick anoher example except Relius.

And about Mad Puppeteer...

Yes, you have right that we don't know much about his past but we also don't have any clue if Relius is/was able to use magic. As a „One” he should be due to requires in Mage's Guild. However the thing what we know for sure that Relius was able to do a huge step forward thanks to Terumi's knowledge and Ayatsuki assistance. Without Terumi who knows how long he and Ayatsuki needed to do their research in the Boundary.

15 hours ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

So.

I hope too even if these trophies' names... are just too obvious for me to interpret them as a reference to Ragna's fate. There are other candidates who have a "qualifications" to "say good bye" like Mu-12, Saya or Mercury sisters. I doubt that chapter 10 has a hidden meaning but if it I bet that Saya will die.

13 hours ago, relic.nt said:

Nice work but... one thing from Closing Thoughts thread:

Spoiler

"Why were Ragna, Noel, and Jin in a laboratory when Jubei rescued then? There better be a big reveal in Central Fiction as this has been hinted at since Calamity Trigger."

Did I miss something? I guess you mean Saya my friend ???

17 hours ago, relic.nt said:

I wanted to refresh myself on BlazBlue's story before the big spoilers show up. The excellent wikia and forums were a lot of unstructured reading, so I ended up trying to make a streamlined BlazBlue story and lore guide.

I kept away from CF spoilers, but I have a small section with an Arcade Mode summary.

I tried to be as factual as possible and stay away from speculation, but sometimes I had to make guesses, especially since I went with a mostly timeline format. Let me know if I got something way off!

Hope this helps people review before for next week (or November)!

This is terrific work, dude! :yaaay:

20 hours ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

So.

You know, despite what I previously thought, I kinda have my doubts it'll be Ragna.

Spoiler

Now Noel or Saya, on the other hand, I'm leaning towards.