Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Arcade Plot Discussion (spoilers)

If they spend a whole 2 games going "omg you can't kill Izzy Rags she iz 2 OP" and then they finally manage to do it, I'll be so pissed. Act 2 even put emphasis on how hard it is to make it stick in Ragna's arcade.

I think Noel suddenly dropping would be worthy of a "bombshell", maybe even as a self sacrifice 

I feel like the one who is gonna bite the dust is Rachel. Raquel might resume her role as Valkenhayn's true master once Rachel "fades away". But given Ragna's connection towards Rachel they may leave together.

Too many flags about her losing her power,weakening, etc. Same with Ragna.

Oh yeah, even Valk realizes that Rachel is starting to get carried away with what she is really capable of.

Still, it's interesting that she's still powerful enough to beat Izanami handily in her own arcade mode, when Kagura got rekt and Lambda and Nu were basically played around with. 

30 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Well, Ragna has the Life Link with Nu, so he will be a little harder to die, in Rachel's case, it is way obvious something will happen to her

True, I had forgotten about that pesky life link, but Rachel's words to Tsubaki about killing her should they fail to kill Ragna also seems to indicate some sort of connection between the two. 

Can't remember if Naoto has a life link with Rachel or Raquel. I know he has one with one of them.

Also the Noel/Hazama/Terumi life link will also pose problems if the big bad does die, then Noel has to die too. I'm eagerly awaiting how Mori is going to answer all the shit that I can't explain.

2 minutes ago, kylehyde said:

True, I had forgotten about that pesky life link, but Rachel's words to Tsubaki about killing her should they fail to kill Ragna also seems to indicate some sort of connection between the two. 

Can't remember if Naoto has a life link with Rachel or Raquel. I know he has one with one of them.

Also the Noel/Hazama/Terumi life link will also pose problems if the big bad does die, then Noel has to die too. I'm eagerly awaiting how Mori is going to answer all the shit that I can't explain.

Naoto/Raquel (It actually doesn't make sense having with Rachel, since they aren't from the same timeline) and Noel/Hazama, Terumi doesn't has a Life Link, that's why he is searching for a new vessel too.

Just now, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Naoto/Raquel (It actually doesn't make sense having with Rachel, since they aren't from the same timeline) and Noel/Hazama, Terumi doesn't has a Life Link, that's why he is searching for a new vessel too.

Your right it wouldn't make sense, but I could of sworn in one of their arcade modes Rachel see's Naoto and she says something about having or sensing a life link with him. Although she could of just sensed Raquel's life link with him since Raquel seems to be (spiritualy?) inside Rachel. 

Been a while since I've seen the CF arcades so I could be wrong about all of that.

On 01.10.2016 at 0:13 AM, relic.nt said:

I wanted to refresh myself on BlazBlue's story before the big spoilers show up. The excellent wikia and forums were a lot of unstructured reading, so I ended up trying to make a streamlined BlazBlue story and lore guide.

Check it out and let me know what you think: http://blazblue.kumodori.com

I kept away from CF spoilers, but I have a small section with an Arcade Mode summary.

I tried to be as factual as possible and stay away from speculation, but sometimes I had to make guesses, especially since I went with a mostly timeline format. Let me know if I got something way off!

Hope this helps people review before for next week (or November)!

Wow, and here I thought it'd be something like a short, brief summary, but this is actually really impressive! Great work, thanks, relic.nt! I needed that review on all the major reveals from CF arcade.

Speaking of CF arcade though, it says in your guide that "Hazama wishes to create a masterpiece". If I'm not mistaken, Hazama's wish was not actually revealed yet, and the one who compared his wish to a masterpiece was Nine. Considering the state Nine was at that moment, I doubt she meant it literally.

9 hours ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

If they spend a whole 2 games going "omg you can't kill Izzy Rags she iz 2 OP" and then they finally manage to do it, I'll be so pissed. Act 2 even put emphasis on how hard it is to make it stick in Ragna's arcade.

I think Noel suddenly dropping would be worthy of a "bombshell", maybe even as a self sacrifice 

Personally I think that Chapter 10 is just too fast to put on someone death sentence (even if these sub-stories might have another 5-10h of the Story) but if we are speculating then...

Nobody was saying about Izanami :) If we are speaking about Saya then Ragna pressence isn't necessary in this case.

If Kokone would realise her plan then our heroes will (only) destroy a vessel -> a Saya's body and unfortunately her soul by Kushinada's Lynchpin. Ragna has planned the same solution since the beginning of CP. If Izanami has an abilities like Terumi she would be able to drop this body and wandering as a soul/wraith. Meanwhile Ragna will be sightseeing the world of gods and getting a lot of knowledge or fighting with ES near the "Gate" and Terumi doing own stuff to become more powerful. Technically Izanami wouldn't be dead but she wouldn't be able to act personally. I excluded a possiblity that she would take another vessel (for example any Murakumo) cause it seems that is impossible to do it by the force -> the other side "vessel" need to agree (Kazuma was able to reject Terumi). However since Rachel has called her "just a Drive" it's hard to believe that Izzy is so mighty, immortal and a somehow being a personification of "Death".

Moreover Izanami has a problems with own vessel cause Saya body is somehow decaying and more imporant Saya one time didn't allow Izzy to control it 100% -> remember how she was unable to fight with Naoto at the end of his Act 2??? This reaction was even stronger then any previous toward Ragna which is quite surprising. Especially cause Izanami described Saya's attachment toward Ragna as a "desire" in the CP.

Something about Ragna...

He has a "gift" (and luck sometimes) to overthrow impossible things :cool:"If you don't try you won't know": so often repeated by Ragna

Let's take Continuum Shift for example:

1) "Don't fight with Hazama!!! You can't beat him!" said by Kokonoe, Rachel and Jin through the Story. Of course he didn't listen and won. Yes, he got a solid buff thanks to Lambda but I think the result is much more important: if he had died Amaterasu would (probably) have made another reset (so another loop).

2) He rescued Noel from Mu-12 influence.

Both acts surprised Rachel and by the way point that our motherly vampire isn't so omnipotence. CP and CF events prove also that she doesn't know everything. I don't buy her statement that Izanami is as strong as Black Beast, definitely not in Saya fragile-Prime Field Device body.

About self-sacrifice -> hmm Celica possess more traits to become a savior.

9 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Naoto/Raquel (It actually doesn't make sense having with Rachel, since they aren't from the same timeline

9 hours ago, kylehyde said:

Your right it wouldn't make sense, but I could of sworn in one of their arcade modes Rachel see's Naoto and she says something about having or sensing a life link with him. Although she could of just sensed Raquel's life link with him since Raquel seems to be (spiritualy?) inside Rachel. 

Been a while since I've seen the CF arcades so I could be wrong about all of that.

It was stated by Rachel in Naoto Act 1

Naoto existence is really intriguing -> he affects on Ragna, affects on Saya, affects on Rachel, confused Izanami, and exclusively he had a vision about ES and exclusively Nine didn't bring toward him any illusion. I would even say that he has the same "power level" as Ragna (able to beat Murakumo) or even better cause Ragna can't use Azure Grimoire freely so yeah, he is a worthy ally.

50 minutes ago, Kenji Harima said:

Moreover Izanami has a problems with own vessel cause Saya body is somehow decaying

"Somehow decaying"?

Honey, maybe it's because she hasn't been taking good care of that body she decided to hijack. And if that's not the case, then my actual guess [cause that one was a joke] is that Saya's body is having trouble keeping itself together. It mighy have reached some limit and is slowly coming apart because it can't handle exceeding it's limit. That's my guess, and I'm sticking to it until someone proves me wrong.

15 minutes ago, BlazGearRegalia said:

"Somehow decaying"?

Honey, maybe it's because she hasn't been taking good care of that body she decided to hijack. And if that's not the case, then my actual guess [cause that one was a joke] is that Saya's body is having trouble keeping itself together. It mighy have reached some limit and is slowly coming apart because it can't handle exceeding it's limit. That's my guess, and I'm sticking to it until someone proves me wrong.

This is what I've had in mind for months now. Saya's seithr amplification abilities are said to be insane, but I feel as though that comes with a price when it's overused at high levels. I once theorized that Relius' enhancements made it so that Saya's body could better withstand massive seither usage. It now seems like Sayanami's power is becoming too much even for the enhancements and/or the strength of the enhancements is generally getting weaker.

1 hour ago, Kenji Harima said:

Naoto existence is really intriguing -> he affects on Ragna, affects on Saya, affects on Rachel, confused Izanami, and exclusively he had a vision about ES and exclusively Nine didn't bring toward him any illusion. I would even say that he has the same "power level" as Ragna (able to beat Murakumo) or even better cause Ragna can't use Azure Grimoire freely so yeah, he is a worthy ally.

Plus, he has some similarities with Ragna and is not affected by Celica, which is nice. But I really wonder... How some of these things were possible? Like Es vision? Some of these are even arguable due to him being from another "possibility", mentioned by Relius in Naoto Act3, but Es is tricky, since, if you think about it, it contradicts every "problem" of his existence that you mentioned. As we know, Es will get an important role in the game, but why Naoto, a character that everyone, except Relius (Because Relius), is trying to avoid, would get a vision about Es exclusively?

The website shows that Es has something with Naoto, but not the other way around. We will have to wait for more 4 days until the Story mode realeases and the tradutors do their job, since none of the Arcades tell us why Es would search for Naoto.

You all disappoint me. Clearly the "bombshell" mentioned in that trophy leak is Ragna getting genderbent into Alpha-1. Because, y'know, he'll be smoking hot and leave many male gamers frightened and sexually confused. And then Mai gets pissed because she rode the genderbending train first and now this punk stole her thunder. For shame people, how could you miss something so obvious :v:?

Spoiler

**The above is very much a joke to lighten the mood. Please do not take it seriously.

Alright alright, joking aside, if they're trying to amp up the hype for the story conclusion (or Ragna's at least) the ending better be something deserving of it. We've had a rollercoaster from the arcade acts alone, including but not limited to:

-The name of the girl within the Master Unit.
-Noel splitting into 2 separate entities.
-Hibiki being a murdering psychopath.
-Liao Jiu being Roy (or a piece of his soul).
-Naoto's world actually branches off from BlazBlue.
-Everything about Es.

Some of us have kinda run out of gasps to give at this point. It's like if someone told you something surprising, you react very strongly to it and then when they immediately tell you something even more outrageous, you have nowhere else left to go.

Personal wishing would be to have an ending with closure but with severe consequences. I don't mean total party killings or anything of that nature (though I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a few undesirables ground into seithr paste) but some stakes being raised and some shit hitting the fan would be appreciated. You know, darkest hour and all that rot. I also have a fairly certain idea on who'll be on the chopping block (cough*Haku-men*cough*Nine*cough), while others are potentially one or the other.

We've got 4 days people (possibly even less) until this place is flooded with info. I hope y'all are prepared.

Jyosua said on the CEOTaku stream that Aksys Games has an announcement after Revelator finals (close to midnight Eastern). Said it's not a character announcement, but it's worth it.

25 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Jyosua said on the CEOTaku stream that Aksys Games has an announcement after Revelator finals (close to midnight Eastern). Said it's not a character announcement, but it's worth it.

At this point, it can be anything. Looking forward to it tonight. So around 9pm Western time.

27 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Damn it, it is 1AM here when they do the announcement... but if it isn't for a character, then...? Since it can be for anything, I just hope they don't try to announce XRD next installment yet, but I don't think they would do it. Could be the so-waited-for-some-people dub? It can, but let's not enter in this again. It really doesn't have many things to announce

Also, hate to be that guy, but we probably shoudn't talk about any announcements in this thread. Whatever it is, I doubt it has anything to do with CF arcade plot.

3 hours ago, In&Out said:

Also, hate to be that guy, but we probably shouldn't talk about any announcements in this thread. Whatever it is, I doubt it has anything to do with CF arcade plot.

Exactly, since it seems to be GG related than BB, but hey, I'll take w/e good news, and hope that its worth it and not disappointing.

Also, speaking of which before CF's console release soon, will there be a separate thread later on for the Story mode? Considering this is the Arcade Plot discussion after all, and there's going to be one included for Es, so...

57 minutes ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Exactly, since it seems to be GG related than BB, but hey, I'll take w/e good news, and hope that its worth it and not disappointing.

Also, speaking of which before CF's console release soon, will there be a separate thread later on for the Story mode? Considering this is the Arcade Plot discussion after all, and there's going to be one included for Es, so...

Well I'm probably going to have to say that there will be a separate thread for the Story Mode but that's just me.

I've gone over that. Exact same situation as CP. Two threads, one for facts, one for speculation borne from facts. Arcade vs Story mode vs. Library vs etc. doesn't matter.

4 minutes ago, Chaoschao222 said:

I've gone over that. Exact same situation as CP. Two threads, one for facts, one for speculation borne from facts. Arcade vs Story mode vs. Library vs etc. doesn't matter.

Alright, just wondering...

I have not been here enough recently. Especially since I'm going to hide under a rock once CF is released in Japan in a few days. Time to catch up.

On 9/30/2016 at 5:13 PM, relic.nt said:

I wanted to refresh myself on BlazBlue's story before the big spoilers show up. The excellent wikia and forums were a lot of unstructured reading, so I ended up trying to make a streamlined BlazBlue story and lore guide.

Check it out and let me know what you think: http://blazblue.kumodori.com

I kept away from CF spoilers, but I have a small section with an Arcade Mode summary.

I tried to be as factual as possible and stay away from speculation, but sometimes I had to make guesses, especially since I went with a mostly timeline format. Let me know if I got something way off!

Hope this helps people review before for next week (or November)!

This is really cool! Thanks for the hard work. However, their are some points that don't seem quite right to me or could use a little more detail. Sorry if this sounds rude, just trying to help. I'll break it down by page for the sake of convenience.

Timeline Part One: The Dark War Begins

• Not every event that comes before the modern era is part of the Age of Origin. It is unclear exactly when the Age of Origin was but it does not encompass all of those things. The only events that have been confirmed to be in the Age of Origin are the first war against a something outside of the Logic and the creation of the Hihiirokane to fight it. The events involving the Azure Shrine Maiden might have been in the Age of Origin as well since she lived "before recorded history" but that's unconfirmed. Similarly, the creation of Legacy Weapons and Terumi's time in the Susano'o Unit could fit but we have no confirmation. I would split this section into two. One for the specific Age of Origin stuff and one for the events at an indeterminate time in the distant past.
  • The two hidden wars are actually explained in Chapter 1 of Phase Shift 3 (which is translated), not Phase Shift 4.
  • The Izayoi was created during the second war against a "something" outside of the Logic (the one a few hundred years ago). You can combine those two together.
  • Can you tell me where it says the Magic Guild safeguarded the Embryo, because I don't remember that. It also doesn't sound quite right because of things in XBlaze I will get to later.
  • You should add that Hihiirokane was created during the Age of Origin war. Due to Terumi acquiring it and his intended use of it to become Dark Susano'o, it is pretty important to Central Fiction.
  • 2040s (According to XBlaze)
  • I'll now get into detail about the Embryo. According to Lost: Memories (specifically the "Green" Memory Fragments), Hinata was not always the Embryo. She was kidnapped by the Takamagahara Organization at a young age and experimented on to become the Embryo. This is why I don't the Magic Guild held onto it. Takamagahara created it and approached the Magic Guild to use the Original Grimoire they had.
  • Unomaru creating Es takes place in 2045 (her birthday being October 15 specifically). It should be moved further down the timeline since it comes after the Wadatsumi Incident.
  • A bit more detail about Sechs. He doesn't technically want to "destroy the world." He wants to flood the world with seithr because, after learning that he was an artificial human created by Sorcery, he believes that the world is inherently imbalanced by humanity and wants to turn humanity into a big ball of souls so that life and death will be in balance and the world will be "perfect." This event should also be moved to the end of the section since it happened shortly before Code: Embryo (it might even be in 2050 but I can't remember). At the very least, it needs to come after Ringo leaves the Magic Guild since it is her disappearance that pushes Drei to follow Sechs in the first place.
  • 2050s (According to XBlaze)
  • I wouldn't say Hinata "gradually learns the secrets of her origins." While Unomaru forces her memories to awaken, after Es inherits the Embryo she makes Hinata into a normal human and erases her memories of being the Embryo so she is in the dark about that in the end,
  • Es doesn't send Touya into any old alternate world to fight Sechs. She sends him to the first timeline, before Hinata used any Phenomenon Intervention (the XBlaze equivalent of Phase 0). This is why he is so much weaker, he hadn't gotten Kusanagi's power boost from the Embryo's use.
  • I don't think it's a good idea to say Es is using the power of the Azure. Her power is the Embryo which, while a crystallization of the Azure, is often talked about as something different so the distinction should be kept to prevent confusion (at least when talking about the Es we see in XBlaze, the version in Central Fiction clearly uses the power of the Azure).
  • You should probably add that Es creates the World of the Tsukuyomi, which would later become the Phantom Field, to seal the XBlaze world from the rest of the Boundary at this time. Since it is in Central Fiction as Nine's stage it's important.
  • Es didn't "gain enough power of the Azure." Creating the World of the Tsukuyomi drained most of the Embryo's power. It was Watashi who allows her to return by using the seithr her Original Grimoire absorbed from the Memory Fragments and Nobody's Phantom Memories to power the Embryo.
  • In addition to healing the the Unions Touya, Mei and Es create their new organization to find and destroy all the Cauldrons to prevent anything like Unomaru's plan from happening again (Touya destroys the Wadatsumi Gate at this time).
  • 2090s
  • Might want to add the circumstances of Nine and Celica's births as an important event. Specifically Celica being born with the power to suppress seithr and Nine having the ability to attract it, forcing her father to create a replica of the Original Grimoire to safely absorb the seithr.
  • Nine/Watashi technically ends up in the Phantom Field, which is a buffer dimension between the XBlaze world and the Boundary, not the Boundary itself.
  • Celica/Imouto also meets with Es (when she was Nobody, Celica never learns about Es). This is why Celica only finds her vaguely familiar in her Central Fiction win quote against her.
  • We don't have a time frame for the events of Bloodedge Experience so we can't say 2090s for sure. In fact I would guess it is closer to 2070's based on the setting. TOi is still popular, Yuki Himezuru (who was 26 in 2050) is implied to be Yuki Hayami, Haruka's mother (since Haruka is 16 in BE, having those events in 2090s would make Yuki at least 50 when she had Haruka), the Mitsurugi Agency is still prominent and Relius seems too young in BE for him to have been One in the same decade (in terms of experience and his appearance seen in his Act 1 arcade).
  • You should probably add in the events of Bloodedge Experience since they explain Naoto's backstory. Here are what I think are the most important details. Two years BE Clavis killed someone possessed by the Soul Eater Drive and found the Embryo that became Raquel. In BE proper, Naoto loses his right arm and gets mortally wounded saving Raquel from one of Spinner Superior's Apostles. Raquel makes a contract with him to save him by biting him, turning him into a vampire that feeds off her life force in exchange for him helping her to find the Azure. Raquel also makes a new arm for Naoto out her own blood. Naoto loses his left arm and right leg fighting Spinner and Relius makes him artificial replacements.

Terminology Part Two: For the Dark War

• Prime Fields are confirmed to be made out of seithr by Kokonoe in Kagura's Act 3. Blooodedge Experience also had it's own variation of Prime Field in Kiiro Hikagami, called the Dimension Boundary Contact Prime Field Device ES.
  • It should be said that fusing an Azure Grimoire with a Murakumo Unit is not the only way to create a Black Beast. There is one that has been in the Boundary for an insanely long amount of time (the one the Azure Shrine Maiden released), the Original Grimoire can becomes one if it goes berserk and Arakune is becoming one by absorbing the Nox. In fact, since a Black Beast is just an out of control Cauldron, it can be created in the same way the Nox Nyctores were (before the core of a Nox is complete it literally is a mini-Black Beast.

Timeline Part Two: The Dark War

• AD 2100
  • Where do you get that Jin popped out of the Cauldron one month after the Black Beast appeared? Jin arrived on December 31, 2099, the same day as the Black Beast. Jin had to have popped out of the Cauldron before the start the time loop since the Jin who becomes Hakumen is always the same one (the one from Wheel of Fortune). Like the Black Beast itself, their is exactly one version of Hakumen that made it out of the events of Calamity Trigger (like with Ragna/Nu fusion Black Beasts, in all other timelines where Jin follows them into the Cauldron they are still destroyed by Take-Mikazuchi).
  • AD 2107
  • Nine putting Terumi under Mind Eater is shown in Phase Shift 1, not 2.
  • AD 2110
  • Not all of the remaining Nox get their cores removed. Ouroboros keeps its core.
  • AD 2112 to AD2190
  • Before Saya gave Yukianesa to Jin she got it from Terumi. Since he couldn't get past the barrier around the church, he lured her to the edge, destroyed her mind and had her give the sword to Jin so it would weaken the barrier. It's also safe to assume this happens in 2192, not long before Terumi attacks the church.

Timeline Part Three: Ikaruga Civil War

• AD 2192
  • IMPORTANT! MAJOR MISCONCEPTION! Rachel only bites Ragna in one timeline (most likely the first). In every other one he only needs the Azure Grimoire to keep him alive.
  • Hazama has a small bit of backstory in that Relius created him before the Dark War like Kazuma. Presumably Relius left him turned off in a closet for about 100 years.
  • AD 2196
  • Might be a good idea to add a few details about Remix Heart. Particularly that Seifer Albar creates an incomplete Crimson Grimoire that Hazama takes. Since Nine's Overdrive is called Burning Red (the alternate name of the Crimson Grimoire) this could come into play in Central Fiction.

Timeline Part Four: Calamity Trigger

• AD 2199/12/31 (The Time Loop)
  • IMPORTANT! MAJOR MISCONCEPTION! Noel does not only exist in the True Ending timeline. The presence of Noel itself is not the key, it's her specific actions. Every single Calamity Trigger arcade mode and story route that Noel appears is a different loop that has Noel present in it. For the most specific example of how we know this is NOT true, in Slight Hope (which takes place in a a timeline without Noel), Terumi tells Makoto that he "damn near peed himself" when Makoto mentioned Noel since it meant she wasn't from that timeline. Since this timeline obviously came before the loop ended in the True Ending, it would be impossible for Terumi to even know who Noel Vermillion is if she hadn't existed in previous timelines. In fact, Mu survives the Ikubido blast in WAY MORE times than she dies. Timelines like Wheel of Fortune and Slight Hope (if they're not the same one) are actually a rarity. The reason Terumi is so mad about Makoto's interference in Slight Hope is because a Noel-less timeline is so rare and she screwed up his one in a million chance.
  • IMPORTANT! MAJOR MISCONCEPTION! Ragna does not confront Nu and fall into the Cauldron in every single timeline. Before the true ending, destiny said "if Ragna reaches Cauldron then he and Nu fuse" but that does not mean it always happens. Every single arcade and story mode in Calamity Trigger is either an alternate timeline or an event that is part of the True Ending (namely Bang's where he supposedly dies in the NOL Branch explosion) and in many of those the other characters are the ones who reach Nu. Heck, one of Ragna's endings has him flat out walk away from everything after fighting Hakumen.
  • IMPORTANT! MAJOR MISCONCEPTION! Sorry to do this so much here but these are very important and confusing elements. The Master Unit is always the one to actually cause the Phenomenon Intervention that resets the time loop, not Takamagahara. What Takamagahara does however is force Amaterasu to do this since it ALWAYS nukes Kagutsuchi with Take-Mikazuchi (this is the only true constant).
  • Hazama does exist in the Wheel of Fortune timeline. We very clearly see him. In fact it's utterly impossible for there to be a timeline without Hazama since Terumi needs him to be a host body (he can only last a week Observing himself). He's even on the cover.

Timeline Part Five: Continuum Shift

• AD 2200/01
  • I'm almost positive Kokonoe wasn't trying to create a Kusanagi. That would require an Azure Grimoire and Kokonoe has made it clear she considers it worthless. She just wanted to use a Murakumo Unit against Terumi, no Godslayer elements involved.
  • Smelting Noel into a Kusanagi does not take place at a Cauldron in a Kagutsuchi Cathedral. It is done with the Monolith that is located at the top of Kagutsuchi's NOL Branch. At some point before the main events of Calamity Trigger, Hazama used his Azure Grimoire to sacrifice the souls of everyone in the branch to power the Monolith (this is why the branch was deserted).

Timeline Part Six: Chronophantasma

• AD 2200/01
  • Kokonoe's initial plan is not to remove all seithr with Kushinada's Lynchpin. She only wanted to use the Lynchpin directly on the Imperator herself (since her vessel is made of seithr it would be destroyed and Izanami's soul sealed inside). Putting the Lynchpin in the Boundary to rid the world of seithr would have been a catastrophe since most of the technology in the BlazBlue world is powered by seithr (in the end of the Sector Seven story Relius tells Bang about this possibility and Bang says it would be the end of the world). The only reason they did this in the True Ending was because it was a last resort and the other option would be for the entire world to be flooded with seithr and all of humanity having its souls absorbed.
  • The attack Hakumen uses to defeat Terumi is called "Time Killer," not "Time Eater."
  • You should probably add that Rachel and Noel are able to help Lambda restore herself inside the Embryo from her Extend arcade. It's important.
  • Es
  • The events of XBlaze take place in an alternate timeline 2050, with the events of Watashi and Imouto in the real world taking place in mainline 2090s. Everything in the Phantom Field happens outside of time.
  • A general rule for comparing the BlazBlue and XBlaze worlds is that everything that happened before the Wadatsumi Incident in 2040 can be reasonably assumed to have happened in both timelines. Watashi confirms that the difference between her and Es's timeline is that her world has no record of the Wadatsumi Incident so all of the events that result from that (the Original Grimoire becoming Touya, Es being created and the main plots of the games) didn't happen in the main timeline. Anything before that like the story of the Azure Shrine Maiden, Sechs figuring out how to use Sorcery to manipulate gravity and the tension between the Magic Guild and Amanohokosaka clan most likely happened and anyone who was alive before then like Mei, Marcelyn F. Mercury (Nine and Celica's ancestor), Yuki and Kuon definitely exist in the main world. One specific example is that we know that the Original Grimoire exists in the BlazBlue world (and the Magic Guild almost certainly had it) since Shuichirou Ayatsuki was able to make a replica of it for Nine.
  • The Will of the Azure seems to be something different from the Master Unit. The Master Unit is currently empty and whoever was inside it is in some way Noel at the moment and wiped her own memory. She's in no position to guide Es. The Azure is the collection of all souls and the foundation of the world itself whereas the Master Unit is just a tool with god powers. The Azure is something that goes far beyond the Master Unit.
  • We do know that Central Fiction Es has buried memories of the people she met in XBlaze (specifically Touya who only exists in that timeline) and she can vaguely recall Celica (who she met as Nobody) so it's safe to say this is XBlaze Es (although clearly something odd happened to her). Plus let's be honest, what would be the point of bringing in Es and not having it be the one from her own series, especially when that one met two members of the current cast?
  • Naoto Kurogane
  • We cannot say that Hazama "rightfully exists." All we know at the moment is that someone named Hazama who looks similar (but is described as younger) exists in Naoto's world. We have no idea if the two are the same person or are even in any way connected.
  • Similarly, we don't know that Rachel Alucard doesn't exist, just that she isn't around yet. We don't know how old Rachel is but she is very young during the time of the Dark War (physically and mentally based on Clavis's remarks about wishing to see what she will be like when she grows up). It's entirely possible she was born shortly before Dark War (it might even be tied into why Clavis deteriorated so quickly). All we know is that Rachel was not born at the time the events of Bloodedge Experience took place. We also can't explain how she was able to appear to Naoto at the beginning of the first book.
  • I'll reiterate my point that BE likely happened way earlier than that, like 2070s or early 2080s. The world is too similar to that of XBlaze and Relius's timeline would not make sense like this.

Central Fiction Arcade Digest

• The thing Terumi finds in Clavis's coffin is Hihiirokane, Tomonori's sword that can cut souls directly.
  • Valkenhayn: While he at one point follows Rachel's orders, in Act 3 Hazama manipulates him into trying to kill Amane since, if the current Onlooker is killed the world might be forced to save Rachel so she can fill the role.
  • Platinum: Should probably add that Jin uses the Power of Order to stabilize their existence and then they use Muchourin to create a body for Trinity in Act 3.

And that's all of it. Once again thanks for your hard work on this and sorry if this is rude or nitpicky. Just trying to help.

Well...

My theory regarding Es is that since the Blazblue timeline created it's own embryo and because the boundary is a place where time and space doesn't mean jackstuff, her existence was dragged from the exact period of time when her memories were lost before she created the Phantom Field and her new existence as a human utilizing XBlaze's embryo.

I guess that because BB's embryo equals or dwarves XB's embryo in terms of power, the current events of CF threaten to overcome and undone the dimensional buffer ES created for her timelines and given what happened to Naoto's timeline that would be a very bad thing.

Hence, whatever holds ES universe together in place of the Master Unit realized it was under siege and manifested ES as a guardian of the Azure in the hopes it would convince the latter to keep ES wishes intact instead of letting BB's embryo tear her universe to pieces like it happened with Naoto's.

Azure, unlike Amaterasu, it's a primordial force of nature which the entire BB multiverse is based upon. If push comes to shove, it's decision on whose wishes and timelines exist and which ones are mere possibilities or even less than that outclasses everyone else's.

I don't think that Azure is worried about itself or cares about anyone's feelings or emotions, however, even with an alien blue and orange morality it grants the wishes of whoever has the strongest will attached to it.

Amaterasu is more or less a superconduit which makes it's wielder the closest one to Azure and the most likely one whose wishes the latter would consider to be real, however, it's not absolute as someone with an immensely powerful object like an embryo or another superconduit observer machine like Takamagahara can create timelines and universes which Azure considers real in their own right.

Under the view that realities in the BB multiverse are more "existing" and less "imaginary" depending on how close and strongwilled someone is in relation to Azure, then ES presence in this brawl is more or less her will, which created and sustained her universe with an embryo, manifesting as close as possible to Azure in order to keep her phantom field and timelines from getting plown over by Amaterasu and BB's embryo.

Anyhow, I probably repeated myself here regarding ES but on a whole different subject I am starting to think that the Power of Order is another deity with equal power to Azure and a reality creator on it's own right.

Users of PoO can seemingly give manipulators of the Azure the middle finger when properly motivated and given it's role as an anti-body of realities against foreign agents it makes sense that PoO acts as a counter-agent dispersed amongst all souls to give them independence from the concentrated influence of the Azure from which they originate, go back to or whatever.

7 hours ago, 1337 H@x0r said:

My theory regarding Es is that since the Blazblue timeline created it's own embryo and because the boundary is a place where time and space doesn't mean jackstuff, her existence was dragged from the exact period of time when her memories were lost before she created the Phantom Field and her new existence as a human utilizing XBlaze's embryo.

What are you talking about? This period of time never existed. The instant Es purged her memories out of despair she became Nobody (who is very different) and the Memory Fragments caused the World of the Tsukuyomi's transformation into the Phantom Field. This is also impossible because her win quotes have confirmed that Es still has her memories and that she finds Celica familiar, meaning she had to have met Imouto. Furthermore, Es can not have been removed from the Phantom Field at any time before Lost: Memories since the Embryo must remain inside it for it to exist. Since the Phantom Field still exists as Nine's stage, it must be an Es from after she left Nobody's empty shell behind to maintain it.

7 hours ago, 1337 H@x0r said:

Hence, whatever holds ES universe together in place of the Master Unit realized it was under siege and manifested ES as a guardian of the Azure in the hopes it would convince the latter to keep ES wishes intact instead of letting BB's embryo tear her universe to pieces like it happened with Naoto's.

The same Master Unit maintains the XBlaze world. We see it in the end of Code: Embryo. The Master Unit is the one thing whose Observation is maintaining all of the alternate worlds since they are all linked via possibilities. The only difference with the XBlaze world is that the Phantom Field physically cuts it off from the Boundary so no one can enter via Cauldron. Also, since Es has been chosen to be the guardian of the Azure and has specifically mentioned that she is following the Will of the Azure, we can logically conclude that the Will of the Azure itself chose Es as the gatekeeper.

Spoiler

tumblr_messaging_oeitzeWRr91tzd86a_1280.jpg

Susano'o is playable. He's unlocked when you beat the game. Didn't know just where to put this yet. Also, NOL Noell can be unlocked. Susano'o has an Act 3 mode, too.