Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Arcade Plot Discussion (spoilers)

On 25.08.2016 at 0:55 AM, Sashide said:

This still bugs me! and it makes me hope for SOMETHING in central fiction...

I actually want Kazuma to become playable, if only to watch die-hard Jubei fans go "WTF, ArcSys?! We don't need this guy, we have two of those already!"

Just kidding, though I wouldn't mind seeing him or Trinity playable, I'd love to see more magic-based characters in the game.

I think in Calamity Trigger, there was hidden voice data where Jin would say Snowstorm. That was the localized term for Yukikaze in the first game for Hakumen before they changed it to Winter's Riposte in Continuum Shift. Then Jin got Yukikaze in Continuum Shift. And like I said earlier, Terumi's clips mentioning Celica were used in Chronophantasma Extend. I'm not sure if there's other characters with voice stuff that became relevant later.

I forgot to post this CG featuring Mai. I presume it's from Mai's fight with Hazama after she tries to defend Noel and prevent Hazama from capturing her:

7htkHyq.jpg

4 hours ago, In&Out said:

I actually want Kazuma to become playable, if only to watch die-hard Jubei fans go "WTF, ArcSys?! We don't need this guy, we have two of those already!"

Just kidding, though I wouldn't mind seeing him or Trinity playable, I'd love to see more magic-based characters in the game.

Did Trinity ever fight herself in the Phase Shift novels? She has always struck me as a support caster. I imagine that Muchourin would stay with Platinum so she'd need to fight in another way. The wiki says she specialized in barrier magic as well as reinforcement magic that allowed her to tear huge boulders with her bare hands. I guess it would be rather funny if her barrier and reinforcement effectively made her a heavy melee combatant.

14 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

Is it just me, or Ouroboros' tail is broken?

Just you.

Here are a couple of photos that were apparently taken at a CF demo in Germany:

FXhdxTI.jpg

Looks like Es has lost at least some of her memories, since she doesn't remember who Touya was. Also, her speech pattern makes it sound like she's back to having the robotic personality she had at the start of Xblaze Code Embryo.

9G0VeEk.jpg

Since Es is the guardian of the gate to the Azure, it looks like Nine is talking to her after defeating her. I guess the fact that Es was Nine's friend once doesn't matter to her one bit since she wants to utterly destroy her. Then again Nine views her own daughter as an enemy and the only person she doesn't want to kill is Celica, so I suppose that this isn't really surprising.

46 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

Looks like Es has lost at least some of her memories, since she doesn't remember who Touya was.

I don't take it that way. According to her profile on the website she sometimes "thinks nostalgically about her “dear people” that remain in a corner of her memories" (credit to Zedar/Amatsumugi) so if she remembers them at all she definitely remembers Touya, the person who is most precious to her. I think the important part is "Command search override detected." We don't know who her opponent was in the quote but it seems to be saying that said person is being registered as Touya (probably Ragna or Naoto given the circumstances), which makes no sense to her. It doesn't seem any different than what was happening with Naoto confusing people for BE characters and vice versa, especially since on of the early preview images showed the same thing happening with Makoto. Then again, nothing we've learned about Es's appearance in BlazBlue has made any sense so what do I know.

1 hour ago, Leiopelma said:

Since Es is the guardian of the gate to the Azure, it looks like Nine is talking to her after defeating her. I guess the fact that Es was Nine's friend once doesn't matter to her one bit since she wants to utterly destroy her. Then again Nine views her own daughter as an enemy and the only person she doesn't want to kill is Celica, so I suppose that this isn't really surprising.

I'm surprised she doesn't even acknowledge their relationship. I guess that this is only one victory quote so it doesn't say everything but still. Maybe the fact that she is protecting the gate to the Azure, and thus the world that Nine wants to destroy, Nine views her as an unforgivable enemy that overrides anything else. There better be more to this in story mode or something because Lost: Memories would be completely pointless if none of the characters even remember meeting each other.

Guys despite this, Nine may have reconsidering destroying the world because Celica may have reminded her that Ragna chose to hold off the Black Beast for Celica's sake and since the story mode may contain more relevance to Ragna, certain events may be confusing unless people play the arcade mode. I am looking forward to her interactions with Ragna and what she plans to do after the battle is over.

P.S. I don't see Nine dying because she said to someone (probably Hakumen) in the Console PV to try to end her dream, and since it was not in a condescending tone, it may indicate that she has chosen to believe in Ragna despite what others may think.

4 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

I don't take it that way. According to her profile on the website she sometimes "thinks nostalgically about her “dear people” that remain in a corner of her memories" (credit to Zedar/Amatsumugi) so if she remembers them at all she definitely remembers Touya, the person who is most precious to her.

Fair enough if her profile says she remembers those people and now that you mention it, her profile also says that she remembers pudding. It does look like her Nobody personality is gone though; unless she now only acts robotically when "on the job" as it were.

3 hours ago, JRH said:

Guys despite this, Nine may have reconsidering destroying the world because Celica may have reminded her that Ragna chose to hold off the Black Beast for Celica's sake and since the story mode may contain more relevance to Ragna, certain events may be confusing unless people play the arcade mode. I am looking forward to her interactions with Ragna and what she plans to do after the battle is over.

Except that Nine has almost always ignored Celica's wishes and viewed her at too naive to be allowed to have personal responsibility. Celica had to escape Nine in Phase Shift 0 to go search for her father and Nine would have dragged Celica back to Ishana once she found her if Ragna hadn't intervened. She did temporarily back down when Celica volunteered to sacrifice herself with the lynchpin, but even then she had first tried to destroy it in order to deny Celica the possibility of making the decision to sacrifice herself. And of course in Phase Shift 1 Nine ignored Celica's calls to be nicer towards Kazuma.

I guess that Nine might in the end decide to finally listen to her sister as a culmination of her character arc, but I don't see it happening until probably the end of the game. Also I see a high probability of Nine dying in the end along with Hakumen and Terumi. These are all dead people who have been brought back and who cannot survive without vessels/observation etc. And having them fade away would fit with the "letting the new generation take over" theme that has been previously mentioned in the games.

6 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

We don't know who her opponent was in the quote

I asked Danaiden to show Es arcade quote vs Nine and vice versa, so it should be Nine (those photos are from Es discord group).

Well...

Nine needs a serious beatdown, plain and simple. As long as she doesn't get those insane plans of her wrecked in her face she won't realize how Terumi levels of fuckwadery she has fallen.

18 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

Here are a couple of photos that were apparently taken at a CF demo in Germany:

FXhdxTI.jpg

Looks like Es has lost at least some of her memories, since she doesn't remember who Touya was. Also, her speech pattern makes it sound like she's back to having the robotic personality she had at the start of Xblaze Code Embryo.

9G0VeEk.jpg

Ohohohooooooo, Nine has REALLY lost it!

Death flags, death flags, DEATH FLAGS EVERYWHERE!

*ahem* With that out of the way, let me get my thoughts out:

Alright, I know death is often laughed at throughout the games [heaven forbid even someone like Arakune gets put out of their misery before any more fuck ups get caused thanks to them or worse], but I have a grave feeling that this game isn't pulling any jokes this time. I can't quite explain it, but seeing everything with the Arcade runs and now even the victory quotes give me the shivers, yeah, I have a feeling not everyone is getting through Central Fiction alive...

1 hour ago, BlazGearRegalia said:

Ohohohooooooo, Nine has REALLY lost it!

Death flags, death flags, DEATH FLAGS EVERYWHERE!

*ahem* With that out of the way, let me get my thoughts out:

Alright, I know death is often laughed at throughout the games [heaven forbid even someone like Arakune gets put out of their misery before any more fuck ups get caused thanks to them or worse], but I have a grave feeling that this game isn't pulling any jokes this time. I can't quite explain it, but seeing everything with the Arcade runs and now even the victory quotes give me the shivers, yeah, I have a feeling not everyone is getting through Central Fiction alive...

May I ask why those particular victory quotes made you feel this way? There's nothing ominous in the Es one, and Nine's one is the same typical "No one will interfere with my masterplan" stuff she's been saying since act 1.

With that said, yeah, I too think there will be some casualties. Ragna, Terumi and/or Rachel seem like more obvious candidates to me though, not Nine.

1 minute ago, In&Out said:

With that said, yeah, I too think there will be some casualties. Ragna, Terumi and/or Rachel seem like mor obvious candidates to me, not Nine.

Honestly, I think Nine will be involved too, along Celica. I mean, both are already dead and were brought back, while the former will probably be killed with her "Masterplan" stuff, while the latter since, well, she has just some time to live, even if Amane extended her life time.

1 hour ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Honestly, I think Nine will be involved too, along Celica. I mean, both are already dead and were brought back, while the former will probably be killed with her "Masterplan" stuff, while the latter since, well, she has just some time to live, even if Amane extended her life time.

I won't argue with you about this since this is your personal opinion but it appears that every time an Entitled is killed in the Embryo, there is a time reset like when Ragna kills Izanami, so there is a chance no one major will die unless the Master Unit is sent back through the Azure Gate.

I think that Ragna is too well-liked to be killed off. He is the most popular male ArcSys character and after all the crap he has been through he deserves a happy ending. Rachel and Celica are both good, so I think it likely that they'll both survive. It should be trivial to come up with an excuse to overturn Celica's time limit. For example they could say that Noel as a super-observer added her to the structure of the universe so she's no longer a chronophantasma. I think it's likely that most of the cast will survive; one of the main themes of Blazblue is about overturning Fate after all.

Terumi is the main villain so I don't see him sticking around; maybe he'll get tossed back into the Boundary. I think it's quite possible that Hazama will survive though. Nine seems pretty far gone at this point. I think she's going to die, maybe redeeming herself in the process sort of like Darth Vader.

1 minute ago, Leiopelma said:

I think that Ragna is too well-liked to be killed off. He is the most popular male ArcSys character and after all the crap he has been through he deserves a happy ending. Rachel and Celica are both good, so I think it likely that they'll both survive. It should be trivial to come up with an excuse to overturn Celica's time limit. For example, they could say that Noel as a super-observer added her to the structure of the universe so she's no longer a chronophantasma. I think it's likely that most of the cast will survive; one of the main themes of Blazblue is about overturning Fate after all.

Terumi is the main villain so I don't see him sticking around; maybe he'll get tossed back into the Boundary. I think it's quite possible that Hazama will survive though. Nine seems pretty far gone at this point. I think she's going to die, maybe redeeming herself in the process, sort of like Darth Vader.

I guess that you and some others have not watched Celica's Act 3 ending yet. Besides, it is too early to come to that conclusion because Nine did not respond back to her, meaning that she is unsure of what to do now.

1 hour ago, In&Out said:

May I ask why those particular victory quotes made you feel this way? There's nothing ominous in the Es one, and Nine's one is the same typical "No one will interfere with my masterplan" stuff she's been saying since act 1.

I think it's less to do with the fact that she said it (seriously, villains in this series love their really grandiose speeches) but more with who she was saying it to (Es). Unless Mori decided to drop some more alternate dimension Azure-fuckery without us knowing, Nine should still be aware who Es is based on the events in XBlaze: Lost Memories. Wishing to kill Ragna is nothing unique to Nine. Half the damn cast gets a murderboner at the prospect of spilling his guts. But Es is someone whom she had much more time to befriend and consequently connect with. That Nine would wish oblivion onto, especially by her own design, her once childhood friend is testament to how insane the busty sorceress had become.

2 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

I think that Ragna is too well-liked to be killed off. He is the most popular male ArcSys character and after all the crap he has been through he deserves a happy ending.

Well if that comment from Nine to Ragna about the Embryo is true (she claimed it was designed NOT for the Entitled but to make him a "god") and Amane's cryptic comment to Rachel about finding a "replacement god for Amaterasu" is connected, then it is possible he survives though at the cost of discarding (or perhaps transcending) his own mortality. Of course, that statement would contradict his promise to Rachel to always "remain human" but that's about the only way I can foresee him making it through this chaotic time. He's already painted a massive "Come at me bros and dudettes" target sign by embracing his role as the Grim Reaper that denies people's desires. 

4 minutes ago, JRH said:

I guess that you and some others have not watched Celica's Act 3 ending yet. Besides, it is too early to come to that conclusion because Nine did not respond back to her, meaning that she is unsure of what to do now.

That could simply mean that Nine didn't want to start an argument with Celica though. Considering her track record of ignoring Celica's suggestions and opinions, I don't think it's likely that Nine will listen to Celica until late in the story mode.

Just now, Luminos564 said:

But Es is someone whom she had much more time to befriend and consequently connect with. That Nine would wish oblivion onto, especially by her own design, her once childhood friend is testament to how insane the busty sorceress had become.

Nine is prepared to kill her own daughter. I think that's a more significant indicator of how far gone she is at this point.