Jump to content
Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Arcade Plot Discussion (spoilers)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Leiopelma said:

There are similarities between Mai and Makoto. Both of them needed the help of their friends to learn how to open up to others and both are now cheerful, friendly and value their friends above everything else.

Their backstories however are pretty different. Makoto had closed herself off because she was abused due to her race. Mai simply never had an opportunity to make friends because her father prevented her from doing so. And of course Makoto was from a poor family and only made it to the academy due to her physical abilities, while Mai is the heir to one of the 12 families ruling the world and got put in the academy by her father under a fake name. Makoto had to grapple with the inferiority complex caused by her being a beastkin, while Mai had to deal in Remix Heart with the fact her father seemingly rejected her and that she had become a woman, while in Variable Heart she has to deal with the fact that her body has become a grimoire which raises questions about how human she is or will be in the future. Also their personalities are not the same either. Makoto is very energetic and loves teasing her friends, while Mai is much more earnest and polite.

Based on what we've seen Mai's motivation in CF does appear to be to help her friends, though her role will be different from that of Makoto. Makoto's objective has been to keep Noel and Tsubaki from killing one another and to reconcile them; Mai's objective seems to be to neutralize the threat that Relius represents.

I see.. hope she adds more to the story than makoto. Doubt she will be a serious threat to Relius, given how many more important story wise rivals he has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dovahkyon said:

I see.. hope she adds more to the story than makoto. Doubt she will be a serious threat to Relius, given how many more important story wise rivals he has.

True. I don't expect Mai to defeat Relius herself, but I imagine that her actions will help bring about his downfall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dovahkyon said:

I see.. hope she adds more to the story than makoto.

What are you talking about? Makoto adds a TON to the plot. She screwed over Terumi's plans for the Noel-less Phase in Slight Hope (and in general is a wild card that Terumi is terrible at predicting and countering), she was integral to freeing Tsubaki from Mind Eater, and most importantly being one of Noel's best friends puts her right in the middle of the Noel witch hunt going on (specifically being her most staunch protector). That's not even getting into the hints dropped about future developments. Not only is she apparently part of the Power of Order, but according to Relius in her Act 3 ending her soul might be able to create a possibility, which is an important factor in the creation of a god he is trying to accomplish. Makoto is far from pointless, she is a major plot mover.

 

27 minutes ago, JRH said:

What do you make of this?

That... doesn't make sense. The very first first story mode images we saw (Ragna being captured by Kagura) are clearly from Act 1 when everyone lost their memories. Heck, Ragna directly references this event when they meet in Act 3. I didn't expect story mode to completely rehash everyone's arcade mode and their development but I don't think they can completely skip it, especially with the major character development Ragna goes through.

 

On a completely different note, we know that Mai will be released three weeks after launch so she won't be playable in story mode. However, we know she will still be active in the plot since those CG's of her fighting Hazama from when she was first revealed are clearly in the story mode style (with the text boxes overlaping the images as opposed to the arcade style ones with the subtites in the black bar at the bottom of the screen like the Relius image). Even if she isn't playable we can still see that she will be an active force in the plot and fight (unlike Kokonoe in CP who was just a support character). Basically think what always happens to Jubei.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

On a completely different note, we know that Mai will be released three weeks after launch so she won't be playable in story mode. However, we know she will still be active in the plot since those CG's of her fighting Hazama from when she was first revealed are clearly in the story mode style (with the text boxes overlaping the images as opposed to the arcade style ones with the subtites in the black bar at the bottom of the screen like the Relius image). Even if she isn't playable we can still see that she will be an active force in the plot and fight (unlike Kokonoe in CP who was just a support character). Basically think what always happens to Jubei.

I was thinking about it... it is weird seeing her CG in the story mode but the character isn't yet fully implemented... Maybe she can be story-exclusive playable until she gets release? Like what happened to Juri and Urien in SFV? I know Arc is not from doing this, but it doesn't make much sense seeing a character that we know she will be crucial, or at least important, at the factor "Protect Noel" and not being playable yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

What are you talking about? Makoto adds a TON to the plot. She screwed over Terumi's plans for the Noel-less Phase in Slight Hope (and in general is a wild card that Terumi is terrible at predicting and countering), she was integral to freeing Tsubaki from Mind Eater, and most importantly being one of Noel's best friends puts her right in the middle of the Noel witch hunt going on (specifically being her most staunch protector). That's not even getting into the hints dropped about future developments. Not only is she apparently part of the Power of Order, but according to Relius in her Act 3 ending her soul might be able to create a possibility, which is an important factor in the creation of a god he is trying to accomplish. Makoto is far from pointless, she is a major plot mover.

 

That... doesn't make sense. The very first first story mode images we saw (Ragna being captured by Kagura) are clearly from Act 1 when everyone lost their memories. Heck, Ragna directly references this event when they meet in Act 3. I didn't expect story mode to completely rehash everyone's arcade mode and their development but I don't think they can completely skip it, especially with the major character development Ragna goes through.

 

On a completely different note, we know that Mai will be released three weeks after launch so she won't be playable in story mode. However, we know she will still be active in the plot since those CG's of her fighting Hazama from when she was first revealed are clearly in the story mode style (with the text boxes overlapping the images as opposed to the arcade style ones with the subtitles in the black bar at the bottom of the screen like the Relius image). Even if she isn't playable we can still see that she will be an active force in the plot and fight (unlike Kokonoe in CP who was just a support character). Basically think what always happens to Jubei.

Maybe the sub-scenarios are flashbacks to certain parts of the arcade mode, so it probably means that we don't have to worry too much about rehashing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1337 H@x0r said:

Well...

Noel, Tsubaki, Makoto and now Mai, lesbian squad is best squad!

Lesbian squad? Do you mean the group consisting of 1) someone who has feelings towards her original's brother but can't tell if they're romantic or not and has considered letting a guy grope her since it would supposedly make her breasts grow, 2) the girl who is 100% Jin-sexual, 3) a girl who is actually bi since, while she had no issue kissing Mai, also has pretty much every fetish under the sun (including being a shotacon and one for Platinum because she can't tell what gender they are) plus is heavily implied to have had a one-night stand with Kagura and 4) someone who, while a yuri character, seems to be straight no matter the gender since her reactions to girls died down as her soul became more and more female and develops feelings for Taro? If so, you are clearly looking at a very different version of these characters.

 

55 minutes ago, heavymetalmixer said:

I think Cajun is the lesbian one, but she's not playable : /

Possibly but it's hard to tell how much of her teasing is sincere since a lot of her interactions are part of her facade. That said, there was that one chapter where Mai lost her memories of being a girl and Kajun seemed to doubt herself when Mai assumed they were lovers so who knows. You're also forgetting Team Remix Heart's pseudo-sixth ranger Shiori who is one of only two confirmed lesbian characters in the series (the other being Elise from XBlaze) and even she might only be Mai-sexual (she says she would love Mai even if she was a man but it's unclear if that's a special case or not).

 

16 hours ago, JRH said:

What do you make of this?

An update regarding this. According to Zedar while the story will take place after, parts of arcade mode will be in it. Also story mode will start with a recap of the previous games and a story that comes after CP (probably how they got into the Embryo in the first place) so chronologically it makes no sense to skip a whole series of events. It will probably only focus on the most important events from arcade mode as opposed to giving everyone's stories. Particularly an expansion of Ragna's story (we've already seen images of him fighting Tao while they have no memories, him meeting with Jubei and him getting captured by Kagura and NOL soldiers, which is before all the fake people disappear as well as introducing Naoto since we've seen him asking Celica where he is and because introducing a new character into events (especially one from a completely different spin-off timeline) is absolutely essential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

Lesbian squad? Do you mean the group consisting of 1) someone who has feelings towards her original's brother but can't tell if they're romantic or not and has considered letting a guy grope her since it would supposedly make her breasts grow, 2) the girl who is 100% Jin-sexual, 3) a girl who is actually bi since, while she had no issue kissing Mai, also has pretty much every fetish under the sun (including being a shotacon and one for Platinum because she can't tell what gender they are) plus is heavily implied to have had a one-night stand with Kagura and 4) someone who, while a yuri character, seems to be straight no matter the gender since her reactions to girls died down as her soul became more and more female and develops feelings for Taro? If so, you are clearly looking at a very different version of these characters.

Agreed. Noel and Tsubaki have never shown romantic interest towards other women and Tsubaki is very clearly in love with a man. Kajun likes to tease Mai, but she has never kissed or done anything serious to her and when Mai made it seem like she was romantically interested in Kajun she freaked out, so she's probably straight as well. Mai showed interest in women early in Remix Heart but stopped doing so around halfway through the manga and from that point only ever showed interest in a guy, so it looks like she's effectively straight too. Makoto likes groping and kissing other girls, but she has also said on more than one occasion that she finds Jin to be hot, so she's probably bi. Shiori is the only character who has only shown romantic interest exclusively towards women.

So it seems that Team Remix Heart has 4 straight girls, 1 bi and 1 lesbian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

What are you talking about? Makoto adds a TON to the plot. She screwed over Terumi's plans for the Noel-less Phase in Slight Hope (and in general is a wild card that Terumi is terrible at predicting and countering), she was integral to freeing Tsubaki from Mind Eater, and most importantly being one of Noel's best friends puts her right in the middle of the Noel witch hunt going on (specifically being her most staunch protector). That's not even getting into the hints dropped about future developments. Not only is she apparently part of the Power of Order, but according to Relius in her Act 3 ending her soul might be able to create a possibility, which is an important factor in the creation of a god he is trying to accomplish. Makoto is far from pointless, she is a major plot mover.

 

That... doesn't make sense. The very first first story mode images we saw (Ragna being captured by Kagura) are clearly from Act 1 when everyone lost their memories. Heck, Ragna directly references this event when they meet in Act 3. I didn't expect story mode to completely rehash everyone's arcade mode and their development but I don't think they can completely skip it, especially with the major character development Ragna goes through.

 

On a completely different note, we know that Mai will be released three weeks after launch so she won't be playable in story mode. However, we know she will still be active in the plot since those CG's of her fighting Hazama from when she was first revealed are clearly in the story mode style (with the text boxes overlaping the images as opposed to the arcade style ones with the subtites in the black bar at the bottom of the screen like the Relius image). Even if she isn't playable we can still see that she will be an active force in the plot and fight (unlike Kokonoe in CP who was just a support character). Basically think what always happens to Jubei.

"major plot mover" your joking right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

Lesbian squad? Do you mean the group consisting of 1) someone who has feelings towards her original's brother but can't tell if they're romantic or not and has considered letting a guy grope her since it would supposedly make her breasts grow, 2) the girl who is 100% Jin-sexual, 3) a girl who is actually bi since, while she had no issue kissing Mai, also has pretty much every fetish under the sun (including being a shotacon and one for Platinum because she can't tell what gender they are) plus is heavily implied to have had a one-night stand with Kagura and 4) someone who, while a yuri character, seems to be straight no matter the gender since her reactions to girls died down as her soul became more and more female and develops feelings for Taro? If so, you are clearly looking at a very different version of these characters.

 

Possibly but it's hard to tell how much of her teasing is sincere since a lot of her interactions are part of her facade. That said, there was that one chapter where Mai lost her memories of being a girl and Kajun seemed to doubt herself when Mai assumed they were lovers so who knows. You're also forgetting Team Remix Heart's pseudo-sixth ranger Shiori who is one of only two confirmed lesbian characters in the series (the other being Elise from XBlaze) and even she might only be Mai-sexual (she says she would love Mai even if she was a man but it's unclear if that's a special case or not).

 

An update regarding this. According to Zedar while the story will take place after the arcade, parts of arcade mode will be in it. Also story mode will start with a recap of the previous games and a story that comes after CP (probably how they got into the Embryo in the first place) so chronologically it makes no sense to skip a whole series of events. It will probably only focus on the most important events from arcade mode as opposed to giving everyone's stories. Particularly an expansion of Ragna's story since we've already seen images of him fighting Tao while they have no memories, him meeting with Jubei and him getting captured by Kagura and NOL soldiers, which is before all the fake people disappear as well as introducing Naoto since we've seen him asking Celica where he is and because introducing a new character into events (especially one from a completely different spin-off timeline) is absolutely essential.

You might be right cause it is either that or the story mode will have some flashbacks to certain events in the arcade mode so we will have to wait and see to be sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dovahkyon said:

"major plot mover" your joking right?

Wow, way to completely ignore everything I said and focus on that to try and write me off completely. In hindsight, that might not have been the best term to use but that doesn't change the fact that I have given plenty of evidence that she is incredibly important to the plot and adds way more than you dismissively claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

Wow, way to completely ignore everything I said and focus on that to try and write me off completely. In hindsight, that might not have been the best term to use but that doesn't change the fact that I have given plenty of evidence that she is incredibly important to the plot and adds way more than you dismissively claim.

I did not ignore what you said.I just disagree that she important to the story and is a plot mover. I just find that she did not add much the story and was a little dissmayed when I thought Mai was the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of story mode taking place after arcade mode would shake things up quite a bit. Would it mean that everything we've known so far is just a taste of the 40 hour story mode, then?

I feel there's some big curveball in the story so far that no one has predicted yet, maybe it's hidden outside of the arcade mode details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Most of story mode taking place after arcade mode would shake things up quite a bit. Would it mean that everything we've known so far is just a taste of the 40 hour story mode, then?

I feel there's some big curveball in the story so far that no one has predicted yet, maybe it's hidden outside of the arcade mode details.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions about a lot of characters, so maybe a lot of flashbacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bunch of screens from the CF opening (originally made by Zedar90):

Spoiler

1_zpsdkxc4y3s.png

2_zpsfebkrcri.png

3_zpslfi2krwf.png

4_zpsvlrxuohn.png

5_zpsodys1rev.png

6_zpshlc83g9c.png

7_zpsvn6pinvi.png

and the last one...

TERUMI

8_zpstbivzrxm.png

Altered Black Susanoo? ;)


Opening as well (linked by Calamitus first)

 

And some which I did

What the hell is that !?

Spoiler

It looks like Caldron (the device) but and being itself like Take-Mikazuchi but hmmm

Monster%201_zpsnvnjho9k.jpg

Monster%202_zpsaje4avqo.jpg

Monster%203_zps9ujh4jze.jpg

More potential Black Susanoo

Spoiler

Terumi%201_zpsuxcobhx9.jpg

Terumi%202_zpsvurtngty.jpg

Terumi%203_zpskrh6koyt.jpg

Random:

Spoiler

Jubei_zpsyjzfznly.jpg

Cooperation_zpsdrxfhtzw.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kenji Harima said:

Opening as well (linked by Calamitus first)

What the hell is that !?

Rather surprised they left Mai out of the OP, but at least they included her crest in it.

As you said, that thing was probably Take-Mikazuchi. Nine is trying to upgrade it in order to use it to blow up the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold It! Hold It! Hold The Flipping Phone!!!

Spoiler

Screenshot_2016-09-17-05-42-20.png

 

That crest on the bottom right... Just who the hell does THAT crest belong to!?

I'm sorry if this is overreacting on my part, but you can't tell me that crest has been seen before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More brightened shots of the Dark Susanooh

Spoiler

Csi7_UrUAAAH3AO.jpg

Csi7_UrVMAA6pmy.jpg

Honestly, while it looks cool, I honestly want to see Beast Ragna way before Dark Susanooh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder, if someone can decipher all the emblems in the trailer? :´D
Maybe there is even more hidden there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Juraya said:

I wonder, if someone can decipher all the emblems in the trailer? :´D
Maybe there is even more hidden there.

Every emblem shows up.

Some fade away. (Tao, Tager, Litchi, Arakune, Carl, Bang, Valkenhayn, Platinum, Relius, Bullet, Azrael, Izayoi, Naoto, Hibiki, Izanami, Es, Mai)

Some glow gold and don't fade away (at least right away). (Ragna, Jin, Noel, Rachel, Hakumen, Nu, Lambda, Tsubaki, Hazama, Mu, Makoto, Amane, Kagura, Kokonoe, Terumi, Celica, Nine).

The Amaterasu emblem glows white, the mystery emblem glows green and the BlazBlue emblem glows blue. By the end, only those 3 and Ragna's are still fully visible, the rest have faded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×