Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Arcade Plot Discussion (spoilers)

46 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

And some more details about Mu's arcade ending. Mu thinks that this world is a ”realm” created by Nine or Terumi and not ”Reality”, but Nine says that it is reality. And the reason why Mu's world was like it was seems like it was because Mu wished for Mu to not exist

That girl goes through an existential crisis every single game, goddamn.

So does that mean all of the realities are linked to Mu's wish? Or are these all unrelated things?

1 minute ago, mAc Chaos said:

So does that mean all of the realities are linked to Mu's wish? Or are these all unrelated things?

It's hard to say, since I've only being reading summaries(except one or two routes), but probably there are several ones going on the same time(as Nine have an eye on them all at the same time) and all of them surrounds the Phantom Field where Nine is. Everyone's wishes probably effects everyone's world, and the world's probably crosses over each others from time to time but they are probably only one big chaotic mess.
But the thing with Noel is probably that she is the successor to the azure, so she could very well disregard everyone's thoughts due to her power and build the world however she desires.
Mu's story probably takes place after Noel. Noel learns she can destroy everyone's wishes to grant her own, she then reenters the world wishing she didn't exist.

That's pretty awesome.

I wonder if it's all like a big dream, or some sub-world in a world that Nine made, or the /actual/ world and it all is actually happening.

Also you'd think of all people Noel would be able to see through the ruse. But then again if it's actually real then it makes sense she wouldn't notice; there's nothing fake there to see through.

1 minute ago, mAc Chaos said:

That's pretty awesome.

I wonder if it's all like a big dream, or some sub-world in a world that Nine made, or the /actual/ world and it all is actually happening.

It's looks like it's said to take place inside the embryo, which is in the real world. So, in a way I guess you could say it's both. It's in the real world since it's in the embryo, but it feels like a dream inside the embryo where everything is happening.

1 minute ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

So Noel is overriding everyone's desires since she's the Successor to the Azure?

I don't think she is currently doing it, it's that she could.

Hmm, its hard to understand honestly; I know Mu and Noel are one in the same, but its specifically Mu's, not Noel, desire to disappear? 

1 minute ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

Hmm, its hard to understand honestly; I know Mu and Noel are one in the same, but its specifically Mu's, not Noel, desire to disappear? 

Mu and Noel is probably the same, if Noel want's Mu gone that would mean that she want herself gone. Her wish probably changed from "wanting to be a normal girl" to "I shouldn't exist". It probably only says Mu in the summary due to it being Mu's arcade mode.

Amane
3 Ragna
6 Taokaka
7 Rachel
8 Nine
According to Amane, Ragna is here thanks to ”that child”, but it looks like they haven't met yet.
His encounter with Tao was mostly gag, but Amane was surprised that Tao was able to smell his scent.
Rachel says that Amane was late so she though he wouldn't come, with Amane replying that Rachel had become so weak that he didn't notice her calling.
Rachel says that she wants Amane to tell her everything about the embryo since he was the only one that saw everything, but Amane says he can't.
After the battle, Amane says that Rachel doesn't have any time left.
Rachel says she'll do what she can.
Rachel asks Amane why he is inside the embryo, to which he says that while he has a policy to not interfere and that the world can become whatever it will become, but it's completely different if someone tries to distort it by force. And after he said that he looks towards the screen.
Nine appears and tells Amane that if he is not planning to interfere he shouldn't get involved, in which Amane replies with that he'll say the same thing to her.
After the battle, Amane realize he had fallen into Nine's trap, and Nine say that he can no longer be an observer anymore since he have interfered through her existence. She tells him to not be so depressed since he is one of the entitled.
Amane says it will be like it will be, and Nine tells Amane to go and observer Izanami.
(note that not being an observer any longer means that he isn't an outsider anymore, it's the same situation as Rachel had in CP. It doesn't have anything to do with the act of causing phenomena intervention through observing. Blazblue sadly have the same word for two different things)

Carl
3 Makoto
6 Amane
7 Celica
8 Nine
Carl wants info about the Grim Reaper from Makoto since he needs the grimoire to cure his sick sister, but Makoto can't. After the battle Makoto runs away and Carl is sure that Ragna is in Kagutsuchi.
Amane says that this time he will have Carl on his stage, but Carl says that this is the first time they meet, with Amane says, ”oh that's right”. They have a battle since Amane wants to see Carl's dance.
After the battle Amane says that Carl have lost his radiance that he had in the past, and that Amane doesn't want the current Carl.
Celica meets Carl and greets them, with Carl saying that this is the first time they meet. Celica says that Nirvana is Carl's sister which pisses Carl of and say don't compare Nirvana with his sister, Nirvana is only a tool.
After the battle, Nirvana no longer responds to Carl, and according to Celica Nirvana still has her memories but Carl is denying her.
After the battle with Nine, Nine is surprised that Nirvana would go this far for someone else other than that person(probably Celica?).

34 minutes ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

Goddamn it Noel, we were supposed to be past this.

In CS it was more about her hating the world though, this is hating herself.

8 minutes ago, mAc Chaos said:

In CS it was more about her hating the world though, this is hating herself.

But whhhyyyy, she didn't do anything wrong this time :V

2 minutes ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

But whhhyyyy, she didn't do anything wrong this time :V

Because she thinks she is something like a unstable walking nuke?

damn how much are they gonna shit on ragna so apparenty ragna is not entitled so if he was outside the embryo he would had turned to sethir so the embryo saving him and naoto apperance is making ragna existence thinner i guess 2 of the same ppl cant stay in 1 world without somthing protecting them like jin and hakumen one existence will overight the other damn is his existence that small

30 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

Because she thinks she is something like a unstable walking nuke?

Oh geez and wouldn't ya know it; Ragna is fresh outta limbs to sacrifice. I'm starting to think that a crazy Mu-12 will be the boss for Act 2 as opposed to Izanami, thus semi-repeating the CS scenario.

Also, Naoto coming here is erasing Ragna's existence? Oh boy the guy just never can catch a break.

5 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Oh geez and wouldn't ya know it; Ragna is fresh outta limbs to sacrifice. I'm starting to think that a crazy Mu-12 will be the boss for Act 2 as opposed to Izanami, thus semi-repeating the CS scenario.

Also, Naoto coming here is erasing Ragna's existence? Oh boy the guy just never can catch a break.

That crazy Mu image doesn't look like it was actually happening, but an Image of Mu, or one that Kagura had when Kagaura "explained" who Mu was in their world. The text points it towards Noel can't believe that Rachel is dead and that she had killed her.

11 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

That crazy Mu image doesn't look like it was actually happening, but an Image of Mu, or one that Kagura had when Kagaura "explained" who Mu was in their world. The text points it towards Noel can't believe that Rachel is dead and that she had killed her.

Oh I see. Whew that is a relief, however small. It'd really suck that after all the development and confidence boosts Noel simply falls apart again. 

39 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

Ah, so it's kind of like how Makoto accidentally slipped into that one timeline where Noel didn't exist.

10 hours ago, DeathTurn said:

"True merge" - that would imply the incorporation of the Azure Grimoire into the Murakumo Unit: transforming her into a Kusanagi. She wants to become "complete" as opposed to becoming the "heart" of the failure that is the Black Beast. Interesting distinction...

I bet this is Mori teasing Alpha again.

yes, but, I still can not understand how alpha can enter  (or something like it) in this context of the story.
Or, what would it a second Kusanagi or a murakumo with the powers of the black beast to defeat Izanami.

I hope that the next acts will shed light on this.

PS: sorry for my bad english

4 hours ago, sg1989 said:

yes, but, I still can not understand how alpha can enter  (or something like it) in this context of the story.

The context of the story thus far is "Defeat Izanami to prevent her from obtaining the Azure and wishing for the world's destruction." Suffice to say, that is very broad.  What "context" is necessitated for a "true merge" to transpire between Nu and Ragna? It is not as if there are any canon roadblocks preventing the hypothetical "true merge"  from happening.

49 minutes ago, DeathTurn said:

The context of the story thus far is "Defeat Izanami to prevent her from obtaining the Azure and wishing for the world's destruction." Suffice to say, that is very broad.  What "context" is necessitated for a "true merge" to transpire between Nu and Ragna? It is not as if there are any canon roadblocks preventing the hypothetical "true merge"  from happening.

I do not mean roadblocks, I do not say that alpha can not appear, but the arcade ending of the various characters leave me quite confused.
Among those azrael, nu and ragna (with the evil within him that is consuming and must be killed, at least what he says rachel) I do not understand what can happen to allow a hypothetical merger between the two.
Obviously, as I said before, probably the next acts will shed light on all this, but until then I'm still confused XD.

PS: sorry for my bad english

I would not cogitate so intently over arcade scenarios. They are very condensed snippets of the actual full storyline, so trying to grasp cohesion without full context may be a bit confusing.

3 hours ago, sg1989 said:

nu and ragna (with the evil within him that is consuming and must be killed, at least what he says rachel) I do not understand what can happen to allow a hypothetical merger between the two.

The "evil" within Ragna is a direct result of the Azure Grimoire's instability. As we know, the corrosion spreading from his arm throughout his entire body will ultimately transform him into a Black Beast. The instability of the Azure Grimoire makes sense as it is incomplete and not intended to be wielded by someone like him. To fully exercise its power, the Azure Grimoire must be incorporated into a causality weapon: more accurately, a Murakumo Unit (replay Arakune's CS route.) For all we know, becoming one with Nu via the "true merge" may be the key to "saving" Ragna.

Anyway as you said, we will likely get more details on the said "true merge" with the introduction of Acts 2 & 3. We do not have much to go on right now.

If you remember previous games, the arcade stories were always cliffhangers that only captured the very beginning of the story or a piece of it; usually they were teasers for the whole thing.