Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Arcade Plot Discussion (spoilers)

2 hours ago, Zedar90 said:

Noel

3 Litchi
6 Nu
7 Amane
8 Terumi

Noel feels that what she is looking for isn't close, and that she must find it fast. And Litchi attacks Noel.
Litchi says that she will get rid of Noel, so that she can use the azure to reconstruct the world so no one will be sad.
Noel fights back saying that she can't understand Litchi feelings. And that she must find something even though it's scary.
After the battle, Litchi asks if she can't save Roy, and she also said that if Noel didn't exist she could change the world.
Noel apologize and leaves, and as she leaves she hears Terumi's voice saying that she will taste despair again.

Nu attacks Noel out of the blue, and senses Bolverk from Noel.
Noel asks if Nu is here to kill her, so that Nu will obtain the world.
Nu says that she only wants the nox. To collect the nox and become one with Ragna. And for that reason, Noel is in the way so she should die.
Noel says that Nu face is that same as her own, it like it was that child.

After the battle, Nu asks where Noel is, and Noel is surprised that Nu can't see her.
Noel wonders if Nu could have been like a normal girl if she had lived like Noel had.
But the Noel wonders why she thought so, no matter how similar they are, they are different people, right?

Amane asks Noel if she is looking for something, and Noel asks Amane if they have met before.
Amane says they might have met before, or they might not had. Noel then asks Amane if he have seen someone looking exactly like herself.
Amane asks Noel why is she looking for her.
Noel says she doesn't know, only that she must find her.
Amane then says that the scary girl from before looked like Noel, and Noel asked if Amane had been watching that.
Amane said he was sorry about that, and that he was not going to interfere with the world. So if Noel wanted to hear something from him, she had to do it by force.

After the battle, Amane said he knew where she is, but it's a dangerous place, and he asks Noel if she really wants to know.
Noel says yes, and after that Amane asks Noel if she had ever thought of why she cut “her” off.

Noel: (A little... I feel like I've remembered a little... That's right. I “cut that child off”...
But why? Why did I cut her off? It was supposed yo be... something important.)
Terumi: Hey... “Successor of the Azure”. To meet you here. No, this is the right place, huh.
Noel: …!? W, who are... you?
Terumi: Ah, that's right. You've forgotten me... No, You cut me off in the memories as well? How convenient.
Noel: Cut off... you too?
Terumi: Then I'm “here”, in “reality”. And, I have something to ask of you. “What” did you see inside the Black Beast?
Noel: Black... Beast? …!?
Terumi: That's right, you saw didn't you? You should have! When you got swallowed down by the berserk going Ragna the Bloodedge, you should have recognized it!
Noel: Ah.... no... no... I...
Terumi: Pull out that memory!!

recollection inside the black beast? Mu shaped Noel.

That is... what is there is... ah, so that is. I... I.. saw it. At that time, inside the darkness, inside the Black Beast...
(Black Beast? What am I saying? But I can't stop... it's overflowing... this is, memory?)
I saw it, with these “eyes”. That is... a “gate”...
That right, that's why I cut her off... To forget everything... To protect “that person”.
No... I mustn't remember! I must forget...
At that time, what I “recognized”... that child also, I forgot for that reason...!

Terumi: Remember! Take it back, “Noel Vermillion”!
That thing inside the black beast! Accept it, Recognize it! perceive everything! And... Merge “god slayer”. Act as the “key” and open the “gate”!

Noel: ! No! That gate mustn't be opened!! I will not merge with that child.
I will not take back the power of god slaying. “Yuuki Terumi”! I will not give you anything! Absolutely!

Well this has just gone crazy and now Terumi wants Noel to merge with someone just to have the gate that Es is guarding opened. 

1 minute ago, Yoshirocks92 said:

Well this has just gone crazy and now Terumi wants Noel to merge with someone just to have the gate that Es is guarding opened. 

Terumi wants Noel to become Mu-12 again. The fact that we barely got any information about the period between CP and CF is very unsettling. Berserk Ragna actually devoured Noel (And possibly Jin) and somehow they even got out? There's some really trippy stuff going on.

It's true that perhaps Celica can put on a decent fight against Nine, but beating her isn't the same as changing her viewpoint. I'm with MaskedFreak on this. If all it took to stop Nine's plans was to beat her down, it would have been done so already. Whatever it is that's driving her forward to do what she is doing is enough to wish death to both her lover and child. Which at the end of the day is a very scary thought...

1 minute ago, Luminos564 said:

It's true that perhaps Celica can put on a decent fight against Nine, but beating her isn't the same as changing her viewpoint. I'm with MaskedFreak on this. If all it took to stop Nine's plans was to beat her down, it would have been done so already. Whatever it is that's driving her forward to do what she is doing is enough to wish death to bother her lover and child. Which at the end of the day is a very scary thought...

Luminos, we have to agree about what Kokonoe did about "ressurecting" Celica with intention to use her in the Lynchpin is completely unforgivable for Nine, since it is like a nightmare coming back in her mind all over and fearing she will lose her sister this time. Her punish, though, is way too extreme, but Kokonoe just paid the price for enraging her sweet mama.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

Terumi wants Noel to become Mu-12 again. The fact that we barely got any information about the period between CP and CF is very unsettling. Berserk Ragna actually devoured Noel (And possibly Jin) and somehow they even got out? There's some really trippy stuff going on.

I see and what I just read Noel when she was Mu-12 when she and Jin fought Berserk Ragna, she must have been eaten by the Black Beast and inside it, Noel must have saw something and judging from that Gate and Es, it appears that Noel is the one who can open that gate and merge with the being inside it which I have a feeling that the Master Unit is behind that gate but that what I think and I hope the story mode of the Console Version explains this. 

1 minute ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Luminos, we have to agree about what Kokonoe did about "ressurecting" Celica with intention to use her in the Lynchpin is completely unforgivable for Nine, since it is like a nightmare coming back in her mind all over and fearing she will lose her sister this time. Her punish, though, is way too extreme, but Kokonoe just paid the price for enraging her sweet mama.

Intent, yes. But Kokonoe was ultimately unable to go through with it because Ragna wanted to tap that prove that all life is precious. However, I do agree that the fact Kokonoe would try to go that far is in and of itself unsettling. Like mother like daughter I guess. 2 extremes pushing for their solution and damn anyone getting caught in the crossfire. But we'll have to see where all this goes.

9 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

If all it took to stop Nine's plans was to beat her down, it would have been done so already. Whatever it is that's driving her forward to do what she is doing is enough to wish death to bother her lover and child.

The reasoning Nine has held for her actions throughout CF have been pretty flimsy in general, especially when compared to her past self. I know there's a degree of corruption involved but by now I really can't see it as anything but just silly. I honestly would not be surprised if they broke down her plans by just having Celica tell her this since it seems difficult to tie up her plotline otherwise.

If she had been the final antagonist which I had anticipated then things would be a bit different, but right now it seems like they're going to have to rush for closure, and what better way to do it than Ragna proving himself once again before her? I can think of a couple of things, but I doubt they want to stretch that part out as much as one would expect, seeing as how they're pulling Es out of nowhere now and building up Nu alot.

Well, we can only call Nine's reasoning/logic as "silly" because we simply don't know what she does. Remember, CF still hasn't answered just what she learned within the Boundary (or elsewhere) about the BB world. Remember, this is the same thing Roy peered into and created Arakune. The very corruptive thing that is slowly turning Litchi into the same. Nine's reaction is extreme to us because in the context of what we've seen of her and the rest of the narrative and it does not really match to what we knew up to now. Like I said, whatever it is that she knows, it's big enough to make her think that this is the only solution.

As for rushing in for closure, that's kind of to be expected. Mori spent too much time teasing and alluding to shit that is only now coming to light in CF, the last game for Ragna's tale. Unfortunately, Mori neglected the rest of the characters and there's so many threads going, that I doubt he has time in CF alone to tie them all together. Mori's sense of pacing and presentation is...somewhat haphazard. He's got great ideas sure, but putting them to paper and translating them to a video game medium sounds like it was a bit out of his league.

1 minute ago, Luminos564 said:

Well, we can only call Nine's reasoning/logic as "silly" because we simply don't know what she does. Remember, CF still hasn't answered just what she learned within the Boundary (or elsewhere) about the BB world. Remember, this is the same thing Roy peered into and created Arakune. The very corruptive thing that is slowly turning Litchi into the same. Nine's reaction is extreme to us because in the context of what we've seen of her and the rest of the narrative and it does not really match to what we knew up to now. Like I said, whatever it is that she knows, it's big enough to make her think that this is the only solution.

It is true we don't know her intentions, but it has the possibility about her learning about the same things as our perv guy, Relius, in the Boundary. Also, even not, I highly doubt Relius didn't taught a thing or two to her, since they are "partners in the Boundary" (I know they weren't together, it is just a joke). Nine's reactions it is indeed extreme for us but she and Kokonoe are the same in these terms, and I don't think Jubei is the one who makes these kinds of choice.

Speaking of Jubei, did he crawl under a couch and die or what? World's gone down the shitter, his wife turned into an omnicidal maniac, his sister-in-law is reading directions wrong, his pupil is turning into the very monster from his aged memory and even his other pupil(s) are slowly disintegrating. You'd think he'd stop by somewhere and try to asses the situation. Even if he's offhandedly mentioned by another character. But nope. It's like he up and vanished.

Just now, Luminos564 said:

Speaking of Jubei, did he crawl under a couch and die or what? World's gone down the shitter, his wife turned into an omnicidal maniac, his sister-in-law is reading directions wrong, his pupil is turning into the very monster from his aged memory and even his other pupil(s) are slowly disintegrating. You'd think he'd stop by somewhere and try to asses the situation. Even if he's offhandedly mentioned by another character. But nope. It's like he up and vanished.

I was about to ask the same thing about Jubei, adding one more thing to the list: his Nox will be with his omnicidal maniac wife (dat CG). It is like Mori wants to us forget about him and stop asking "When Jubei?"

Just now, Master Of Chaos said:

Jubei shows up in Rachel's Act 3 ending. We don't know much more then that at the moment.

Now this is relieving! Just hoping it's not a flashback or something like that...

33 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Lets recall the times Jubei got "involved" in the games at least (ignoring flashbacks and PhaseShift):

• 1.) Trained Ragna (didn't go help him)
  • 2.) Stopped Tager from hurting Litchi in CT (that CG is lol)
  • 3.) Got bodied by "Phantom" in CS offscreen
  • 4.) Wrote Hakumen a letter about how hard he got bodied by "Phantom"
  • 5.) Told Jin in CS: "Hit me up if you want that sweet SEIGI power".
  • 6.) Trained Jin inbetween CS-CP
  • 7.) Trained Platinum before CT
  • 8.) Appeared out of nowhere when he found Celica and was like "Cool story brah, time travel and what not" (Hakumen was like (*whisper*)"SAVE ME!" when he showed up; Mary Sue too stronk)
  • 9.) At the class reunion with Trinity, Valk, Haku, and Rachel they punked Terumi super hard with his weird eyeball.
  • 10.) Got bodied? by Nine in CP 
  • 11.) Saved Ragna, Jin, and Saya from that lab, I guess
  • 12.) Ran from the NOL for years in his investigations. 
  • 13.) Begged Kokopuffs to get Ragna a new arm (bomb sold separately)

I remember when he and Rachel told Ragna about how f'ed the world was and how they "couldn't intervene", which  made sense for Rachel. Not sure what he was holding him back then though. 

Quite the resume for the "World's Strongest". 

35 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Does Jubei ever really come up in Arcade modes? I can't think of any besides the Rachel one we're waiting on details for now. He doesn't have a sprite or even artwork like for Trinity or Kokonoe in CS so it's not surprising that with all the insanity happening nobody stopped and said "Huh, I wonder what Jubei's up to?"

5 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

Does Jubei ever really come up in Arcade modes? I can't think of any besides the Rachel one we're waiting on details for now. He doesn't have a sprite or even artwork like for Trinity or Kokonoe in CS so it's not surprising that with all the insanity happening nobody stopped and said "Huh, I wonder what Jubei's up to?"

He can't use the "I'm too old for this shit" excuse either to explain his inaction and lurker plot status because Hakumen is walking around at 20% yet he's Patrick Swayze from Ghost since he doesnt even have a body and still acts like the hero we deserve.  SMH vigoursly. Mori better explain this, since I doubt he's been getting bodied pre-CT and embryo Jubei is MIA for everyone's alternate realties (I think he appeared in Plat's acts don't know if flashback though). Don't worry Ogiga99, by BB14 we'll get a shitty 3D story only sprite for Jubei. Just gotta hold out 10 more games when literally every character from Linhua to the cast of Bloodedge Experience makes it in. .

Not gonna lie Axiomatic, I got a good chuckle out of that one.

23 minutes ago, Calamitus said:
  Hide contents

q85HN8S.jpg

nymoTz1.jpg

Why is it in this series that whenever someone grabs another person it looks like they're about to/already have let a really nasty one rip? At first I thought it was just Ragna, but Naoto had it in his Act I and now Nine.

20 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

He's featured in some (like Platinum's in CF). And mentioned in others, usually when Kokonoe is in the vicinity. But my question was more in regards to on Jubei's part, not on other characters. Still, I can understand the technical reasons why. It's just really odd considering he's supposedly a prominent force and he's simply been MIA constantly.

Raquel possessing Rachel now? What the literal hell.

Maybe Rachel wanted to off Naoto immediately because she felt Raquel possessing her was imminent? Don't understand why Rachquel would be hostile towards him, even if she is normally tsundere like her sis.

49 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Raquel possessing Rachel now? What the literal hell.

Maybe Rachel wanted to off Naoto immediately because she felt Raquel possessing her was imminent? Don't understand why Rachquel would be hostile towards him, even if she is normally tsundere like her sis.

Well It seems like Rachel is hostle towards Naoto and only possessed her after the fight.

So Terumi wants Noel to regain her power as Mu-12 to open a mysterious gate but Noel renounced her powers as the Godslayer to protect everyone but apparently opening that gate is beginning a merger between Noel and another being who is unknown to us. Now I hope that the Console Version explains all this and hopefully Noel doesn't die in the story. 

So is Mori just gonna ignore that Celica has a time limit on existing? It hasn't been brought up so far at least I don't think. A shame since it was such a huge plot point in CP. I guess the stakes are so high that everyone is gonna die so it doesn't matter anymore.

18 minutes ago, kylehyde said:

So is Mori just gonna ignore that Celica has a time limit on existing? It hasn't been brought up so far at least I don't think. A shame since it was such a huge plot point in CP. I guess the stakes are so high that everyone is gonna die so it doesn't matter anymore.

When he fights her in Act II, Amane says that because Minerva fought an Observer like him, Celica's time got extended a little. That's all I can remember. Then again half the damn cast has a ticking time bomb over their head (Ragna, Rachel, Hakumen, Luna, Sena and Terumi) so it's not like Celica's case requires immediate attention.