Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CF] Hakumen General Discussion

BBCF_Header_General_Discussion.png

Use this thread for discussing BBCF Hakumen gameplay, videos, combos, new tech, general analysis, setting up games with other Hakumen players, your tournament performances, swapping tips, etc.

No, there's still going to be separate video and combo threads, but we already discussed both of those in the old general thread too so they're not off limits here.

Basically the combo thread is for storing optimal stuff and providing a quick reference, but this thread can be a general Hakumen chat when you want to ask or talk about random Hakumen stuff.

So 6A did indeed lose head invul, which is a fair trade off for 2C having it. Also, it has a fuck ton of hitstun on CH, enough that you can hop forward and connect 5C afterward lol.

Some combos I noted.

CH 3C, 2B>Guren, 5C>Kishuu~Enma, 5B (jc)>j.B(jc)>j.B, j.C (3854)

CH 2C (JC), falling j.2C (land), 5B>TK Hotaru>AD j.2C, 2C(jc)>j.B, j.2A(jc)>j.B,j.2A>Agito(3966)

Man, with the new system change to CH's, 3C is going to be such a big reward. 3.8k for 3 stars and decent corner carry? Yes please.

What new system change to CH? 3C always had big reward save CPEX so it's back to normal there.

Also with its loss of head invul AND the further pushback, I wonder what their goal for 6A was supposed to be.

CH's give more damage now, 10% specifically because I don't think we ever got nearly 4k off of CH 3C  without using 4 stars or more. 

6A is probably just a pressure/combo filler move now considering they gave it a new link from 5B.

Hmm I thought it was normals not having SMP anymore.  If specials don't have it anymore is this the return of (5C > Gurren) x N in the corner?

Another good news, 2A > 6A works on standing (http://www.twitch.tv/central804/v/26551435 at 4:08:08 for instance)

9 minutes ago, Spark said:

Hmm I thought it was normals not having SMP anymore.  If specials don't have it anymore is this the return of (5C > Gurren) x N in the corner?

From what I have seen so far, Guren > 5C doesn't seem to work in the corner, apparently because the wallbounce happens closer to the ground.

What was the benefit of 5C > Gurren xN outside of damage again? Because usually it didn't add that much damage, I think.

It wasn't super useful, just an ok way to tack on extra damage at the end of a combo to kill assuming you don't have enough to super or eat up time if time is running out.

Yeah the 12F start up for 6A lets it combo from 2A on standing hit.  It also means that 6B > 6A (whiff) is a tiny bit more plus since the total duration of 6A got lowered by 1 frame.

So 6B > 6A whiff should be +4 if they tech as soon as possible.

I mean doing 6A after hitting with 6B so if they don't tech the 6B you get 5A > 5B > air BnB.  If they tech as soon as possible and the 6A whiffs, but you still recover fast enough for it to be +3 assuming they tech as quick as possible.

Oh this is assuming the 6B hit them while they're standing on the ground.

That's what I figured, but just making sure. Though I use 2B after 6B normally to catch late techs.

You guys have been posting a lot today.  I'll just copy over my post from the loketest thread to here.

Found a clip of Hakumen in BBCF, it looks like Yanagi the new drive special doesn't grab on projectiles.  Refer to 55 seconds into the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-hpZdjXy4w&feature=youtu.be