Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CF] Hakumen General Discussion

So yea going by Fenrich vs. Poropiccho I just posted in the video thread, raw Zantetsu will still get you at least 4k, no CH or AF required :V 

Hakumen is looking way more solid than the entirety of CP pretty much, he can actually get people off of him without spending half of his meter again and he can approach half screen for the cost of one star. Basically, he gets more benefits without much costs and it's fucking glorious cuz you can save your meter for really big confirms. 

I don't think he'll ever be as good as he was in CSEX,  but he's definitely looking like his CS1-CS2 self.

2 minutes ago, entnervt said:

Wasn't he way more than solid in CP before CPEX?

From CP to CPEX, he lost a lot of options and needed to spend more resources to get his big damage, the saving grace that his big damage was really fucking high. However, that kind of had the side effect of making him a one-trick pony of sorts since he couldn't do much without four stars or more. Nerf to counter hitboxes and the loss of 6D only compounded this. 

He wasn't terrible in any sense of the word, but he was so linear, it was kind of boring. His gameplay was basically "Play neutral until you get a good confirm and pop off OD for the win."  I like him being much more well-rounded like he is now.

According to LK SMP is still there for specials.

2 hours ago, Lord Knight said:

SMP is only removed on normals, but damage is still affected negatively (iirc)

Also, SMP still applies to special moves

But there's still plenty to be hype about.

You see, this is why I love this character. It doesn't matter how bad he is, cuz he'll always have something completely stupid and awesome to make up for it. It just makes it so much more worth it.

Holy crap this is gonna be amazing... everything about this character is just going to be better for us

23 hours ago, IndigoNovember said:

Looks like it 6D is active on frame 1 again now according to this combo video: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27631125 / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMIoCGiB4Ak

Time to pick up Hakumen again come Central Fiction (゚∀゚) !

Maybe now I can stand a chance vs characters with IOH BS. 

Someone on Twitter pointed out you don't want to use it against zoners though since it'll knock them full screen again. Still might be better than letting them hit you though.

Was asked to do a little write up so here's my impressions after playing at some arcades in Tokyo:

This is probably my favorite version of Hakumen. He has so many tools.

Regarding normals 6A is good and fast. 2C can work as a legit AA and lot of his moves seem to gattling now. I think everything he could do in CPE plus 5A>6A>6B and I think 5B>6B. Also his C attacks seem to keep their hitbox ever when colliding with objects. Like, when I was fighting a Mu and I cut one of the lasers or I'd cut the Carl's doll's clap. In both situations, Hakumen would cut the projectile but his attack would basically "eat" the move and continue. I managed to hit both the Mu and Carl as they advanced while airdashing in. Very strange but cool.

Regarding specials So many combo options from Enma and the new Hotaru. Comboing into Hotaru into 5A > 6A > 6B into full CP combo is hype. 

If Hotaru's second hit is canceled or happens to whiff, the opponent is in stagger and long enough to do something afterwards.

You never feel like you're too short on meter with Hakumen in this version and he does great damage again. I think something as basic as Zantetsu > 2C > jB > j2A >dj2A > jC was something around 4K

6D is no longer useless and to be honest, I'm okay with this knocking opponents away. Sets the game back to neutral for both breathing room (especially in the corner) and if you're in a matchup where you want to poke the opponent to death.

The new move Yanagi is interesting. I've been using it like Baiken's Suzuran (Terminator Run) in going through attacks and covering ground quickly. Obviously, if you get a hard read on the opponent and get the chokeslam followup, GREAT! But mainly I've been using it to get out of the corner and go through projectiles.  Seriously, this is the biggest slap to Nu/Lamba/Mu users in the game because Haku just runs through basically everything they throw at him. Fought a Lambda that did Legacy Edge and I went through it. Once I was close enough and got the chokeslam. Gravity Well does slow Haku down but he can zip past it as about as well as you'd expect.

Can't do shit from jD outside of an RC but not sure, I'll have to check tomorrow when I can put more lab time into the game.

He seems to have regained his ability to derp in Overdrive and steal your life. After working on base game, I want to move onto OD (+Mugen) stuff. Curious to see if Tsubacopter has returned now that there's no SMP.

Anyway, I honestly love this version of Haku and if anyone has a question, I'll do my best to answer. Can't head to Tokyo to play as often as I like but I do have a little comp and a lot of time after work to lab in this game.

On 11/23/2015, 11:38:22, mAc Chaos said:

Awesome! How exactly did you use 6A?

My applications for 6A are the occasional anti-air, combos and block strings for catching someone trying to upback.

On 11/23/2015, 11:39:59, BlackYakuzu94 said:

Good write up; can you tell us any of the new BnB combo routes?

Starter > Kisshu > Enma > 5B > jB > j2A > dj2A > jC

Starter > Renka > jc2C (falling) > 5B > jB> j2A > dj2A >jC

CH Starter > Renka> jc2C (falling) 5A > 6A > 6B > 5A > 5B > jB > j2A > dj2A > jC

Yanagi > Kishuu> Enma > 5B > jB > j2A > dj2A > jC

Yanagi > Gurren > Dash > 5A > 5B > jB > j2A > dj2A > jC

Yanagi > Zantetsu > 2C > jB > j2A > dj2A > jC

Working on Hotaru and airdash move starters since j2A falls on hit with hitstun then work on corner specifc stuff.