Kinkuli

[BBCF] Azrael Combo Thread

BBCF_Header_Combo_Thread.png

Information
  • If you'd like to contribute, please feel free to do so! Just post the combos you created, but please write them properly. If you are unsure on how to write combos properly, then read the wiki page here. Make sure to read the Notation Used section in this post so that you understand the specific notations used for CHARACTER. Also refrain from using move names and abbreviations.
  • Please refrain from going off topic in this thread. This thread is for posting of combos only 
  • Please note that these combos are guidelines on how Azraels combo theory works. In a real match you most likely will have to adapt the combos depending on the situation.
Collapsed: General Notations Used:
[table]
>Gatling/cancel the previous move into the following move.
,Link the previous move into the following move.
|>After landing.
jJump
sjSuper Jump
adAir Dash
iadInstant Air Dash
jcJump Cancel
sjcSuper Jump Cancel
dcDash Cancel
CHCounter Hit
FCFatal Counter
RCRapid Cancel
ODOverdrive
cODOverdrive Cancel
UWUpper Weakpoint

LWLower Weakpoint

DWDual Weakpoint

[???] xNRepeat ??? N amount of times.[/table]

This section is a placeholder. In Extend Azrael combos heavily relied on screen positioning for optimal conversions and so far CF seems like it will be that same? As such i will leave this here until azrael combo theory is fleshed out more. 

Midscreen: These combos may vary, and not all of them will end in the corner.

Midscreen to Corner: These combos start around the midscreen-ish area and require the corner for full completion. 

Near Fullscreen: These combo's start around the 1/3rd-ish stage mark and will mostly end in the opposite corner.

Back to Corner: These combos start with your back being extremely close towards the corner. Combos found in this sub-section will mainly focus side swapping if plausible or fullscreen corner carry if possible. Usually this means that you need to have weakpoint or meter or both available.

Corner: These combos mostly start with your opponent being directly in the corner, but it is important to note that some work relatively close/near to the corner and have slight corner carry. 

Near Corner: These combos are usually the ones that don't quite reach the corner for TCL to wallstick or are ones where TCL wallstick is very close to the ground with you being not close enough to continue with 5A/5B.

EMre5hp.png

Combo evernote from tochigin https://www.evernote.com/shard/s256/sh/ada176cd-e694-4654-b0f5-a8a380269630/68ccc64c1e8f2bb8e28a335f9d091c1a

Some notes

6B untech is longer now so stuff like [UW] 5B 3C 22C 6B valiant -> should work

Also Valiant/hornet fatals with full charge, currently only known route is stuff into ODc 2C 6D 5D max charge valiant

22C launches higher -> 5C can be used to continue combo after.

5D staggers so 5D RC 2C/3C works.  

Edited by Kinkuli

Hey guys, I did a rough translation of the video's comments in case anyone's interested. It's probably not the best possible but I can assure you it's mostly accurate, haha.

0:00- Leopard hitstun seems to have been increased. We now have enough time to OD into BHS from 5A 5BB TCL

0:10 - At the same time, thanks to the leopard changes you can now successfully combo into gustaf after an N starter into TCL midscreen. (thanks umgogo!)

0:33 - 5A midscreen starter off a 5A. Decent corner carry and damage.

0:36 - 2C now floats higher, enough for you to connect 5B afterwards. This is the combo route after a corner 5D hitconfirm.

1:02 - Optimised cancel OD into variant from upper weak point combo. Variant is most advantageous when done in the corner now.

1:09 - A demonstration of the honestly not very good 2C > 2C in a combo. This works because same move proration has been removed.

1:15 - Combo off a regular 6B hit. Works because of the extended air tech prevention on 6B. This character’s gotten relatively favourable treatment.

1:26 - Midscreen combo off a 3C starter. Thanks to the increased knock up on sentinel dump, you can connect with 5C afterwards. This character’s gotten relatively etc lol

1:47 - Midscreen dual weak point combo. 3D can be used to extend your combo into variant in this manner now.

1:55 - Thanks to the increase in air untech time for 6B, we can now do 6B into variant. (so with the increased float on sentinel dump, we can do 22C 6B VARIANTO)

2:14 - Alternate corner variant combo optimized for heat. Combo timing is relatively strict. (not too sure about the accuracy of this one)

2:18 - Combo off Azu-nyan’s pan strike.

2:28 - Optimised combo off a FC variant. It’s not something you see very often but it’s even more delicious now thanks to the new system.

4 hours ago, o Nereus o said:

The FC on Valiant Crash (236D) full charge is sick as hell.. same with being able to 6B into it without a CH.

Agreed, it seems as if you can only pull this off during OD though.

Panzer Strike seems like its combo usage is limited (of course given the move itself). As if it can only be a combo starter when Rapid Cancelled or during Valiant Combos.

It could potentially be a combo ender, but it'd be inferior to the good ol' weakpoint enders.

Could it possibly used during Hornet combos I wonder, could it be done like: [LW] stuff > Hornet > j.Cx3 > j.2C > Panzer (1st hit only) > stuff....

Or no, they'd most likely be able to tech by the time you recover from the move.

3 hours ago, JGYC said:

Hey guys, I did a rough translation of the video's comments in case anyone's interested. It's probably not the best possible but I can assure you it's mostly accurate, haha.

0:00- Leopard hitstun seems to have been increased. We now have enough time to OD into BHS from 5A 5BB TCL

0:10 - At the same time, thanks to the leopard changes you can now successfully combo into gustaf after TCL midscreen if conditions are met - you have to be 3 dan(idk how their measurement works) from the corner.

0:33 - 5A midscreen starter off a 5A. Decent corner carry and damage.

0:36 - 2C now floats higher, enough for you to connect 5B afterwards. This is the combo route after a corner 5D hitconfirm.

1:02 - Optimised cancel OD into variant from upper weak point combo. Variant is most advantageous when done in the corner now.

1:09 - A demonstration of the honestly not very good 2C > 2C in a combo. This works because same move proration has been removed.

1:15 - Combo off a regular 6B hit. Works because of the extended air tech prevention on 6B. This character’s gotten relatively favourable treatment.

1:26 - Midscreen combo off a 3C starter. Thanks to the increased knock up on sentinel dump, you can connect with 5C afterwards. This character’s gotten relatively etc lol

1:47 - Midscreen dual weak point combo. 3D can be used to extend your combo into variant in this manner now.

1:55 - Thanks to the increase in air untech time for 6B, we can now do 6B into variant. (so with the increased float on sentinel dump, we can do 22C 6B VARIANTO)

2:14 - Alternate corner variant combo optimized for heat. Combo timing is relatively strict. (not too sure about the accuracy of this one)

2:18 - Combo off Azu-nyan’s pan strike.

2:28 - Optimised combo off a FC variant. It’s not something you see very often but it’s even more delicious now thanks to the new system.

Awesome job translating the comments! I was curious as to what it was saying. I uh, I really gotta learn Japanese one of these days.

9 hours ago, tresmigistus said:

Agreed, it seems as if you can only pull this off during OD though.

Panzer Strike seems like its combo usage is limited (of course given the move itself). As if it can only be a combo starter when Rapid Cancelled or during Valiant Combos.

It could potentially be a combo ender, but it'd be inferior to the good ol' weakpoint enders.

Could it possibly used during Hornet combos I wonder, could it be done like: [LW] stuff > Hornet > j.Cx3 > j.2C > Panzer (1st hit only) > stuff....

Or no, they'd most likely be able to tech by the time you recover from the move.

Awesome job translating the comments! I was curious as to what it was saying. I uh, I really gotta learn Japanese one of these days.

No problem! It's not 100% accurate since I'm not all that familiar with japanese fighting game jargon but I'm working on it :s

I'm really excited to see how panzer strike tech turns out, have you guys seen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_eyHJMckI0#t=42s ? I actually laughed a little when I saw the whole DP into RC into opponent in the corner instead thing, I hope it's something you can do reliably.

Panzer RC can go, depending on available WPs and resources, into a lot of stuff. like with UW Panzer (2) RC 5B TC Valiant works and goes into usual corner carry. Or you can just use 2C 6D if you want but yeah. With both weakpoints + 100% meter he can do up to 4,7-5k from panzer starter IIRC. 

Also stuff like 5B 5BB Panzer (1) RC falling jC hornet 5A/5B should work according to tochigins combo memo. heck that apparently should work from 5A 5B 5BB also so....yeaaaaah. 

Also quite sure that if the first hit of panzer hits, then the second one will hit also so i don't think we will be seeing combos involving the first hit but the second hit seems to have interesting property where sometimes it launches people? I've seen it happen one time in the az vs bang videos that popped up so that COULD have some usages but remains to be seen. Seems bit gimmicky and could potentially take meter to setup so unless there's some really good routes from that (if it works) then meter is probably better spend on getting DW or just by going into 3C 22C 6B valiant instead. 

Eager to see to see if people find out other routes than 5BB ODc 2C 6D 5D into charged valiant. Would be cool but hard? Also note, according to tochigin Hornet has the same property of FCing when fully charged. 

From the vid, we can see that BHS minimum damage is 1050, OD version didn't change at 1480.

23 hours ago, JGYC said:

0:10 - At the same time, thanks to the leopard changes you can now successfully combo into gustaf after TCL midscreen if conditions are met - you have to be 3 dan(idk how their measurement works) from the corner.

It just says that you can combo into Gustaf Buster after an N starter into TCL midscreen. "3 dan" ("three levels") is the Japanese term for TCL (since the sequence consists of three moves/hits). 

14 hours ago, umgogo said:

It just says that you can combo into Gustaf Buster after an N starter into TCL midscreen. "3 dan" ("three levels") is the Japanese term for TCL (since the sequence consists of three moves/hits). 

Ah I see, that makes a lot more sense! I got that impression that they'd just stick to TCL since I've seen several other jp players use that notation, but I can see how 3段 means that now.

Hi guys ! I'm interested in learning Azrael. I been playing Ragna since CS:EX but spending sometime with Azrael made me want to start learning.

If you guys don't mind, may you please give me some recommended combos to learn? Perferably must know combos, advanced ones, and some mix-ups. I would be very grateful. :)

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6745 using Tapatalk

found what I'm pretty sure is an optimal meterless route off markless 5B in the corner.

5B > 2C > 5B > 2C > 2C > 5B > TCL > 6A > 6B > j.ABC > j.D ~3770