Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sif

What arcade stick would you recommend?

I was thinking about buying an arcade stick to play Blazblue on PS3/PS4

but i dont know which one to get. So i wanted some suggestions.

Please

To be honest I don't have much knowledge about fighting sticks but the one I would recommend, if you need one for PS3/PS4 and if the price doesn't matter to you too much, is the Mad Catz Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition 2 for PS4 & PS3.
It uses Sanwa parts which are also used in many arcade cabinets and you can easily mod it further, like a new faceplate, with some help. I could test it for myself and it isn't too light nor too heavy and it responded very well to my inputs.

However, I recommend that you try to find a local retailer or go to your nearest FGC event to try some sticks out, because everyone has either a other weight, other parts, different cases and many other things. If you found one you like try to search online for it. There are many online retailers where you can find and buy your desired one or if you are lucky you'll find it for cheap on an auction site. If you don't like any one of them you can even build one for yourself, but without much technical knowledge about things like soldering it could be quite the challenge.

The thing about arcade sticks is that there are now officially TONS of good ones on the market.  Basically, any stick priced at $100 or up is likely to be a good piece of hardware.  But what the best stick is for you is going to be a matter of personal taste. Do you like Sanwa parts? I don't. the stick feels too bouncy and the buttons are too sensitive. But lots of people love them.  Do you prefer a square gate? I do.  It makes it easier to find the diagonals, but you might find it easier to do certain motions on an octagonal gate, or whatever.  But none of these are right or wrong or good or bad.

IPlayWinner has some decent reviews of sticks and parts if you want to nose around, but ultimately, this is a matter of taste.