Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chickzama

[CF] Terumi Gameplay Discussion Thread

http://kurushii.tv/Dustloop/BBCF/Graphics/Terumi/BBCF_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Gameplay Discussion Rules
  • Remember to keep the discussion Terumi and gameplay related. 
  • Discussion about specific matches and players is fine too.

I'm gonna start the thread with this: All hail 4D! A.K.A. "Dogkick", Why dogkick? Because that's the kind used to kick dogs :v

Thos 4D > j.2D loops look very hype, though it looks his meter gain was heavyly nerfed, the 6C knockdown is very interesting.

EDIT: (Untranslated) Notes, damages and prorations.

https://twitter.com/kurubusi2000/status/668814957346095104

Guess i'll get my thoughts typed out, this is going to be based on the footage in this videos

Meter gain: Overall i think the meter gain is buffed. Before you go crazy on me let me explain. Before in past games, we generally didn't have much in terms of ways of gaining meter in pressure. With the addition of 4D and J.2D being +3 again, we have the ability to gain alot of meter with much less risk involved. As a trade off, it seems our meter gain in combos took a small hit, or people have not implemented routes specifically meant to gain meter. It looks like we are forced to choose between meter and damage at the moment. Considering that his damage off of random hits is fairly high this time around and we can get much better oki by using 6C, i am content with this.

214D: IT ACTUALLY GOT A BUFF! With 4D existing now, maximum damage potential has increased. Although you need OD to bring out it's full potential, with the addition of active flow, it is alot more appealing to use resources on it if you land it which I will elaborate on later. Here’s an example.

4D: I knew this was gonna be good for pressure, I didn't think it would be THIS good though. 4D literally puts alot of padding on previous issues I had with terumi (low rewards on command grab, meter gain in pressure being underwhelming). Not only is it great for pressure, but it's absolutely silly in OD. The hitstun on this move is pretty retarded (think of ragna blood kain drives) and leads to his new 4D>J.2D loop. You can use this loop even in cases where hitstun has been heavily prorated (2A starter, messenga starter). It seems you are guaranteed at least 2 reps minimum and depending on how much heat you drain from your opponent's gauge, that can still be alot of heat gained. Max amount is unknown, but you can do enough reps for 100 heat easily with the right starter. Two weakness it does have is the range and the mixup options. Range on the move is HORRID. Also since it doesn't have any other gatlings and is only special/super/jump cancelable, going for 214C doesn't seem that wise. Overall, I LOVE THIS MOVE.

5D: seems better in terms of priority but can't confirm. Also 5D>236D whiffs no where near as often as it does in CPEX.

214C: Looks very promising. It's still early so people aren't blocking it much, but when it is blocked, the pushback is huge. This is a double edged sword. It makes the overhead very hard, if not impossible to punish on block, but greatly discourages RC and super gimmicks (not that bad of a trade though). Range on it is pretty bad, so similar to hazama you have to go for your high/low mixups early.

New potential with OD: Thanks to the addition of active flow, a new strategy has surfaced. As you will notice in the terumi matches, this terumi used his OD constantly for the 4D>J.2D loops into either 632146D to drain his opponent of their resources and do damage, or into exceed accel to get active flow, regain his burst, and/or save his meter for later. This looks potentially very powerful in certain matchups where your opponent is very meter reliant whatever the reason may be, but it also carries alot of risk. This is a very momentum based strategy and if you make the wrong call, you're going to wish that you still had your burst and/or meter.

Overall,I feel this version of Terumi has alot of potential. I can't wait to see how the tech for him develops.

Feel free to share your opinions on this as well. :eng101:

1 hour ago, Fame96 said:

214D: IT ACTUALLY GOT A BUFF! With 4D existing now, maximum damage potential has increased. Although you need OD to bring out it's full potential, with the addition of active flow, it is alot more appealing to use resources on it if you land it which I will elaborate on later. Here’s an example.

So Messenga doesn't cross down in the corner? Still, maybe B Burensen is better in the corner.

EDIT: Is it just me or j.2D has less pushback?

1 hour ago, heavymetalmixer said:

So Messenga doesn't cross down in the corner? Still, maybe B Burensen is better in the corner.

EDIT: Is it just me or j.2D has less pushback?

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh..........I'm still waiting on someone to make a combo video.....

22 minutes ago, Solless said:

Is there any footage of just his new moves and his buffs?

No. Just matches. If one ever pops up though, I'll be on it.

Some things I noticed too:

• 5D's range is the same as in CPE, so the hitbox is still around the eyes (https://youtu.be/1NoI1GVVMwU?t=1027)
  • That is probably already known but ending a combo with 236D after 6D is possible with knocking the opponent down on the ground with 5C (https://youtu.be/1NoI1GVVMwU?t=1248)
  • Seems that 236236A gained a little buff: Terumi does not laught/says something anymore when activating the counter. Theoretically it is know harder for the opponent to detect if the counter is active. Sadly I don't know where I have seen it and it is still possible that it was just a sound bug.
15 hours ago, Fame96 said:

Luckily it can still cut projectiles. So it is a better option than 5D in some situations.

Just want to add a video example: https://youtu.be/1NoI1GVVMwU?t=2167

I just want to know if you can cancel overhead into super on reaction the way Hazama does for his 6A. Also, 4D, J.2D loops look abusable as hell. 10 meter per hit until you reach the end of overdrive. Mid screen damage looks sweet. Losing that 236D route after the stomps may have been a buff since we get more corner carry and more damage (and about the same meter I think). I feel like Terumi may be officially out of "Terumi Tier"

Liking more of this version's Terumi the more I see. 4D looks to be under-the-radar top-tier. Actual combos off of 623B counter-hits. Can OD cancel out of 22C. Good mid-screen meterless damage. My only complaint so far, and a minor one at that, is that visually his corner combos don't look that exciting; still a lot of repeated moves.

4 minutes ago, Omortus said:

Liking more of this version's Terumi the more I see. 4D looks to be under-the-radar top-tier. Actual combos off of 623B counter-hits. Can OD cancel out of 22C. Good mid-screen meterless damage. My only complaint so far, and a minor one at that, is that visually his corner combos don't look that exciting; still a lot of repeated moves.

For me the only problem was that they nerfed his non-Overdrive heat gain.

16 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

For me the only problem was that they nerfed his non-Overdrive heat gain.

I suppose that's due to us having to use 6C more often than 236D, right?
Still, his heat gain in blocked pressure-strings has increased in non-OD to make up for it too. 

Also, his heat gain in combos midscreen isn't the best but it's still acceptable. 
Heat gain in corner is still pretty good.

In case your not on Twitter, a few things popped up.

shows the potential damage off of command grab in CF.

Messenga possibly has frame 1 projectile invuln. I WILL TAKE IT.

visual confirmation that 5D is still CPEX in terms of range. I guess 1.1 5D was a mistake. :vbang: 

Was Orochi Burensen's hitbox increased or raised? I've seen in a few matches Terumi hitting opponents as they're falling in midair, and it looks like it can hit a lot higher than before, whereas if you tried that in CPEX it seems like it would likely whiff.

2 hours ago, beanwich said:

Was Orochi Burensen's hitbox increased or raised? I've seen in a few matches Terumi hitting opponents as they're falling in midair, and it looks like it can hit a lot higher than before, whereas if you tried that in CPEX it seems like it would likely whiff.

No. Hitbox is the still the same. Only thing that has changed are the properties on hit. It wall bounces midscreen but cannot be followed up without a Rapid. In the corner it wall sticks and you can use almost any normal except for raw 6D, 2D, and 6B.

7 hours ago, Fame96 said:

No. Hitbox is the still the same. Only thing that has changed are the properties on hit. It wall bounces midscreen but cannot be followed up without a Rapid. In the corner it wall sticks and you can use almost any normal except for raw 6D, 2D, and 6B.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info, it should be useful.