Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chickzama

[CF] Terumi Gameplay Discussion Thread

Since the matchup threads against Izanami aren't available yet I add it here before it gets lost; Mujuu no Tate, aka her ribcage, is ineffective against Terumi's 236236A:

27 minutes ago, Danaiden said:

Since the matchup threads against Izanami aren't available yet I add it here before it gets lost; Mujuu no Tate, aka her ribcage, is ineffective against Terumi's 236236A:

Because this guy gives no fucks, even if he fights the godess of death :v

Has anyone here got the chance to play Terumi at a Round 1 arcade yet? I was able to, but I'm not really used to playing on a stick so things didn't go as well as I hoped it would. Wondering if anyone who is used to stick got a chance to feel him out yet. 

On 3/28/2016 at 11:26 PM, VexedPB414 said:

Has anyone here got the chance to play Terumi at a Round 1 arcade yet? I was able to, but I'm not really used to playing on a stick so things didn't go as well as I hoped it would. Wondering if anyone who is used to stick got a chance to feel him out yet. 

I have not, unfortunately.

However, I've spoken to a few players who have and they all say he's more comfortable to use.

Matchups are less of an uphill battle, but Terumi still has Terumi issues that are never going to be going away because that's how the character is designed.(Lack of meterless reversal,  hurtboxes active before hitboxes, poor midscreen meterless damage, etc.) EDIT: Although he does have Exceed Accel as a reversal now for all it's worth. 

Overall, much better than CPEX and much more comfortable to play since his damage, pressure, mixup, and meter gain seem to all be better.

Have any questions you want me to ask them? ^.^

yeah I don't expect he'll ever have a DP lol. I got to play him in the arcade I'm just no good with a stick and didn't have much time to practice before good players hopped on and fought me. Just was hoping to hear from anyone who is decent at stick if they got the chance. 

Also from the combos I've seen, his midscreen stuff seems to have gotten a lot better since 22C is special cancelable. I was struggling to do those combos on stick, but once the game comes out on console they look easy enough. 

(Jeez...talk about a late reply, sorry...haven't been myself for a while. Will try to respond faster next time)

Well, from the folks I've talked to, he's pretty good.

The JP seem to rate him pretty well, from the tier lists I've seen, they think he's above mid tier but no where close to high tier

Which to be honest, considering the absolute nightmare of CPEX which...kinda gutted us all, I think this is definitely a step in the right direction and we should all be happy about it.

Some Terumis sneak into the top 30 every now and then, and he generally just gets a lot more benefit for any risk he puts in + has better tools to play around with. I've heard that his combos are easy, but that's a 3rd party source. So....take that with a grain of salt. 

Well, midscreen he can still get around the same 3K margin, which is nice, but he seems to almost reach 4K meterless in corner. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's higher than CPEX Terumi's corner damage.

6 hours ago, Monochrome Magpie said:

(Jeez...talk about a late reply, sorry...haven't been myself for a while. Will try to respond faster next time)

Well, from the folks I've talked to, he's pretty good.

The JP seem to rate him pretty well, from the tier lists I've seen, they think he's above mid tier but no where close to high tier

Which to be honest, considering the absolute nightmare of CPEX which...kinda gutted us all, I think this is definitely a step in the right direction and we should all be happy about it.

Some Terumis sneak into the top 30 every now and then, and he generally just gets a lot more benefit for any risk he puts in + has better tools to play around with. I've heard that his combos are easy, but that's a 3rd party source. So....take that with a grain of salt. 

Well, midscreen he can still get around the same 3K margin, which is nice, but he seems to almost reach 4K meterless in corner. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's higher than CPEX Terumi's corner damage.

Actually, hiz damage in corner (meterless) is lower, but he can get consistent high damage midscreen of light pokes like 2A.