Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monarch

[CF] Nine the Phantom General Discussion Thread

Command list translation post or something like that... Movelist picture is too low quality to make out complete names for all of her spells, but at least the jewels in the attack names are very recognizable...

Better quality is out. Here are the full Spell names:

MAGIC SPELLS
Shawl of Everlasting Darkness [Nothing]
Lapis Lazuli of Sorrow [Wa]
Sapphire of Grief [Wa+Wa]
Tanzanite of Lamentation [Wa+Wa+Wa]
Emerald of Suffering [Wi] 
Peridot of Distress [Wi+Wi] 
Malacite of Tragedy [Wi+Wi+Wi] 
Coral of Anger [Fi] 
Garnet of Wrath [Fi+Fi] 
Rubellite of Fury [Fi+Fi+Fi] 
Heliodor of Submission [Wa+Wi] 
Amethyst of Massacre Bomb [Wa+Fi] 
Citrine of Rotation [Wi+Fi] 
Celestite of Commitment [Wa+Wa+Wi] 
Taaffeite of Glamour [Wa+Wa+Fi] 
Andradite of Sealing Bind[Wi+Wi+Wa] 
Uvarovite of Destruction [Wi+Wi+Fi] 
Kunzite of Prison Smash [Fi+Fi+Wa] 
Morganite of Pulsation [Fi+Fi+Wi] 
Nephrite of Demise [Wa+Wi+Fi] 

OVERDRIVE: Burning Red  (バニングレッド)
Even if A/B/C normals whiff, the Active Slot ingredients turn into spells.

EXCEED ACCEL: Scarlett Vein (スカーレット・ヴェイン)

SPECIAL ATTACKS
Crimson Raider 214+A [Air OK] (クリムソンレイダー)
Mauvette Roar 214+B (モーベットロア)
Navy Pressure 214+C (ネイビープレッシャー)
Sea-moss Gate 236+D [Air OK |Switches the content of Active Slot and Stock Slot] (シーモスゲート)
Flax Nurture 214+D [Air OK] (フラックスナーチャー)

DISTORTION DRIVES
Flame Punisher 236236+A (フレイムパニッシャー)
Cardinal Nova 236236+B (カーディナルノヴァ)
Azurite Inferno 236236+C (アズライトインフェルノ)

EDIT: Whoa, I missed one... Thanks for pointing it out, Tokkan.

So how does her mechanic work? Depending on which colors you have (after you hit with a button), you press D and a spell comes out, right? so she only has one D normal?

WWA (Was interrupted, but appeared to be a geyser) That's the only one that I could find out of the four gameplay videos we have. She did have the stocks that you mentioned but she was either CH out of the animation or the gameplay cut away before she could do it.

It's also worth noting here that the "Doom" counter goes away if Nine is successfully hit by an attack. Doom also appears to be a low. Additionally, it looks like Nine can enhance her elemental attacks by just have one of that element on stock, as seen here. But if you have three already stocked, the magic you used last will be the one that is enhanced as seen here. Lastly here we can see Nine use the enhance ability in the air: although it's hard to say if the amount of stock from the element is proportionate to how long or strong the enhance for that element will be.

Yeah, I saw that one. Hoping to learn the effect. The AI strongly prefers a handful of spells.

What do you think causes Nine to lose the aura buff?

Given that she kept the buff while she was being hit, but lost the buff here after three seconds: I'd say she loses it depending on how long it's been active. Different levels of element may increase how long the buff remains active.

3 hours ago, xLittleLucifer said:

Plz Before asking anymore questions just read this, This will probably clear all of the doubts & Questions you have right now when it comes to her General Information, I know theres a lot of Information in it, but that's cause  The information here is bascially a quick overview of What Her moves are : Normals - Spells - DD - CT - EA - Ect. | Quick information of what they look like, What they Do & The Use you could give them Lol The information in here is pretty Accurate, so take your time while reading it.

-Btw My Layout for the Element Runes so you don't get confused is : [Red[R]=FIRE | Blue=WATER | Green[G]=WIND]  Example : [1G-1B-1R] = "Nephrite of Demise"
-The only thing that isn't in here is [Sea-moss Gate 236+D [Air OK |Switches the content of Active Slot and Stock Slot] since I couldn't provide you with any information about this since I do not know how it works & Haven't seen it been used that's the only sad part, So if you have info about this move at all let us all know~<3 :D

Nine-The-Phantom : -Full General Information- by xLittleLucifer Share/RT Plz ▲☠ [Posted this on twitter like 2 days ago so if you like you can also give it a like & RT :D]
Read:http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snum92?new_post=true

I've already read your document before.  It doesn't have answers to any of the questions I asked.

Thanks for the write up. Damn, playing this character sounds like playing card games on motorcycles :s

11 hours ago, xLittleLucifer said:

Nine-The-Phantom : -Full General Information- by xLittleLucifer Share/RT Plz ▲☠ [Posted this on twitter like 2 days ago so if you like you can also give it a like & RT :D]
Read:http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snum92?new_post=true

The following line is wrong.

She cannot use this if she does not have at least One Element Rune in stock, 

She has a spell called "Shawl of Everlasting Darkness" (常闇のショール) that she will use if she has nothing in the Active Slot. It's listed on her spell list above Lapis/Sapphire/Tanzanite. I have no idea why @Sourenga didn't include it in his post.

Forgive me as I'm a bit out of touch with things atm, but has a unanimous decision been made on how to label Nine's elements for Notation purposes or is it every man for himself?

Thinking about it some more I also prefer [W/A/F]. I feel it's the most straightforward and simplest method to use.

(I also want to point out as a Rachel main/player, I would prefer if Nine's element was labelled as "Air" and that become the norm for her. It may sound weird/odd/annoying (whatever you chose) me saying this but thinking ahead when people discuss the MU in the future. There could be a possibility where someone is saying/describing something along the lines of "use wind to counter their wind" or "You can wind/wind-x here to avoid their wind move/movements". Just a thought I'd put that out there if my examples make sense? Hope my stray thoughts don't cause controversy or something lol, I could make a note or something in the MU thread when the time comes or something. Just an additional thought)

I dunno if this has been brought up elsewhere already but as I've said, I'm out of touch and I'm not sure where to put my thoughts. Either way I'm curious about Nine and what people will discover with her in the next couple of week, I would like to try subbing this character someday :)

We should call Rachel's wind "Farts" because of how shitty she's looking this version.

Just kidding I completely agree with you, better make things clear from the beggining :eng101:

What about using buttons to label them? A/A, or A/B/B, A/B/C, etc.

The more we talk about this the more I wonder how exactly her combos are going to be written: given her combinations of spells. I mean, we'd only have to include the "[W/A/F]" notation before the actual combo, since all of her spells are activated by the same button. Which brings me to the conclusion of making separate combo sections for each spell, for example: "[A/F] - 5A > 5B > 5C > 3C > 5D > 236A".

On the matter of what to name the notations, I personally like "[WA/WI/FI]", just so people won't get "W" and "A" confused between air and water or wind. Though, I'd like to see how JP labels her combos before we make a final decision.

I prefer R/G/B notation as it seems like it's the intended notation because the magic appears as bands of those colours behind her, the auras from Flax Nurture are those colours and the basic spells are named for gems of those colours. Also, her specials are named for colours too; colour seems to be her main theme.

WI and WA will just lead to misreadings.

The only problem with W, A, and F is that A is also an input. No reason to use slashes or brackets. It's just more typing. In Marvel, we use numbers and letters for Dormammu. 3D0C and such. 2W1F is an option.

RGB is ok. I would rather have a system that references the content.

@Tokkan Yeah I saw her use it a couple of times, but I never saw it connect so I was woundering do you know what it does? Like I know a black pillar come out forward but Never seen it hit so idk what it does, Maybe I was thinking it either puts a 1 random element in stock or it just launches you away.
-Yeah for me it's easier R/B/G cause of the colors lol It's easier to identify honestly, but you should honestly use what ever helps You understand it better.

@Karsticles What was your question?
-What do you think causes Nine to lose the aura buff?
What do you mean by this, If it's the element runes behind her after landing a normal then she does not lose them unless she uses them, after using them the stock emptys leaving you with none obviously. If it's that Special move that makes her Glow with an element [which that Special move basically buffs the normals of that element] then it just runs out, you can get hit but it won't go away since it;s a buff, it has a timer in it.

-Have we seen the following in action?

WWW - If by W you mean water that is "Tanzanite of Lamentation" Requiers [3B] in the link is under what I call the "Power up spell", Is in the link I posted look for a spell called "Elemental Ball" it's divided into the 3 different elements [R/B/G] & what it does with that certain element, With water It's basically a Ice pillar, Freezes opponents on hit, The more water rune the more bigger the Hit-box & Effects

FFF - Same as the blue with this one, The move is called "Rubellite of Fury" Requiers [3R] Bigger hit-box, Explosion & slightly more hit-stun.

WA - [1G-1B] Is still unknow I have not seen any footage of it yet unfortinatly </3

WWA - [2B-1G] Is also still unknow, I have seen her cast it but she get's hit before it activated, But it looks like a AoE spell similar to Cloud : Fire Shower [2G-1]

19 minutes ago, xLittleLucifer said:

@Karsticles What was your question?
-What do you think causes Nine to lose the aura buff?
What do you mean by this, If it's the element runes behind her after landing a normal then she does not lose them unless she uses them, after using them the stock emptys leaving you with none obviously. If it's that Special move that makes her Glow with an element [which that Special move basically buffs the normals of that element] then it just runs out, you can get hit but it won't go away since it;s a buff, it has a timer in it.

-Have we seen the following in action?

WWW - If by W you mean water that is "Tanzanite of Lamentation" Requiers [3B] in the link is under what I call the "Power up spell", Is in the link I posted look for a spell called "Elemental Ball" it's divided into the 3 different elements [R/B/G] & what it does with that certain element, With water It's basically a Ice pillar, Freezes opponents on hit, The more water rune the more bigger the Hit-box & Effects

FFF - Same as the blue with this one, The move is called "Rubellite of Fury" Requiers [3R] Bigger hit-box, Explosion & slightly more hit-stun.

WA - [1G-1B] Is still unknow I have not seen any footage of it yet unfortinatly </3

WWA - [2B-1G] Is also still unknow, I have seen her cast it but she get's hit before it activated, But it looks like a AoE spell similar to Cloud : Fire Shower [2G-1]

I know what WWW and FFF do.  I asked if anyone has seen them.  I don't want to read about what they do, I want to see them in action.

22 minutes ago, Karsticles said:

I know what WWW and FFF do.  I asked if anyone has seen them.  I don't want to read about what they do, I want to see them in action.

IYou can see both [1~3R] & [1~2B] in her trailer, Slow down the speed how ever you desire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcFI0QNxzSs Look at @1:09 That's Fire [1R] at @1:11 That's [3R]. For Water I have only seen up to [2B] @0:48 [1B] at @0:50 That's [2B]. After seeing that you can basically tell that they grow both in size & Dmg with the more Same Element Runes stacked, It could also probably increases the effect it has, like with more [R] it might have more Hit-stun, With more More Freeze time & With more [G] More Un-tech time after the blow away, but this is not confirmed yet.
-Here's the magazine Picture you can see at the bottom left how the move changes in Size when the move was activated with The same element rune but with more stacks & Like I said it could also increase the effect & Dmg but this is still not confirmebbcf-9gao7st.thumb.jpg.78e4b0dc54aa20328d

Yeah, I'm aware of all that, and I've seen all that.  I want to see what they do in the neutral.

Does FFF stay out for a few seconds to provide a barrier?

What does WWW do that WW doesn't?

Does AAA cover a huge portion of the screen?

They need to do something pretty tremendous to compete with AAF and WWF.  If they're just combo fodder, then that would be incredibly disappointing.  At least WWW could justify itself as the best punish option in the game if it's fast and long.

Edit: Though if we had someone to translate that page, I'd love to know that it says next to some of these.

For the element notation, we could use F (fire, obviously), W (wind), and H (water, H2O, hydro, etc.). That way, none of them would match the ABCD notation that BB uses.

And I you want water to be W, then wind could be G (for gust/gale). But I agree with the other guy who said wait and see what the Japanese do.

Notations aside, with Nine releasing soon: I wonder how her elemental normals will affect people's playstyle. Given that the use of certain normals will enable Nine to use spells (which will definitely be a matchup dependent asset), will this influence a player using one normal over another despite how good that normal is, just to have access to a spell that might help them later in the match? With that in mind, I can imagine some OD steups where a player can keep an onslaught of spells on the opponent while they're in blockstun. for example: [WI/WI/FI] (blocking), [FI/WI/WA]. Of course that assumes we can have multiple spells on the screen at the same time. Needless to say, Nine has a lot of potential, and I can't wait to see what players find in these coming days.