Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monarch

[CF] Nine the Phantom General Discussion Thread

I want to see if there's reliable unblockable setups with her, the clock takes way too long to hit the mark, wonder if there's a way with OD involved and some high blockstun spells.

1 hour ago, Mumm-Ra said:

I want to see if there's reliable unblockable setups with her, the clock takes way too long to hit the mark, wonder if there's a way with OD involved and some high blockstun spells.

The clock spell is blockable.

The seed spell might hit low. Reveal trailer makes it look like an unblockable.

Wasn't the clock a low? That's what I mean, if the beams hit low, you might be able to setup unblockables with it.

It is, and to be precise: it took about twelve seconds (or about 9 - 10 in game counts) for the spell to activate. Though to be fair, we don't know if there's any way to accelerate the speed of clock. Judging from what we have now though, it could be challenging to keep an opponent in blockstun for that long.

I think the best bet would be something like:

1) Combo that ends in AFW and the opponent in a corner.

2) On oki, blockstring to get AF.

3) Cancel into AF (which has a hitbox at the start).

4) Use the mirror to keep the opponent locked in the corner while AFW ticks down.

Um so she's gonna be officially released on the arcade on The 3/12 if what I saw was correct which I can't wait!~  I'll finally be able to complete the two final moves that I'm missing in the general information ["Shawl of Everlasting Darkness" & Sea-moss Gate 236+D]
-So I was wondering does any one know if they're going to stream it, If so could you provide me with a link, It would really help. I want to see What else I could squeeze out for general information then I'll just chill creating & Sharing Gameplay information.

There'll be streams. There's always a few streams for BBCF right now but there's no guarantee that the people playing will play Nine. Your best bet is to either hope for a KaoTV episode focused around her like they did with Johnny, Jam, Hibiki and Naoto or to keep your ear to the ground on twitter and catch a tweet about someone pointing out a Nine player on a stream.

23 hours ago, Dark Ranger88 said:

For the element notation, we could use F (fire, obviously), W (wind), and H (water, H2O, hydro, etc.). That way, none of them would match the ABCD notation that BB uses.

And I you want water to be W, then wind could be G (for gust/gale). But I agree with the other guy who said wait and see what the Japanese do.

They use kanji for the elements.

Wanna try out Nine later this weekend. Already investing all my BB game time on Rachel / Lambda, but might be able to fit some time in for her if she's as fun as she looks. I think the main dealbreaker for me will be her mobility. Can't tell how fast / slow she is since the CPU just sits or walks around the whole time. D:

Also if I am understanding this right.... one hit = one stock of that specific element? And 3 stocks (combination) = 1 spell?

Are you able to throw away stocks? Like say if you don't want a specific stock order for the spell you want, you can throw it away and get something else?

Yes from what the boss gameplay shows, you can overwrite stock, I'm not sure what order it replaces it though, but you can notice the ribbons around her change color if she doesn't use that spell. 

3 hours ago, 7thFonon said:

Wanna try out Nine later this weekend. Already investing all my BB game time on Rachel / Lambda, but might be able to fit some time in for her if she's as fun as she looks. I think the main dealbreaker for me will be her mobility. Can't tell how fast / slow she is since the CPU just sits or walks around the whole time. D:

Also if I am understanding this right.... one hit = one stock of that specific element? And 3 stocks (combination) = 1 spell?

Are you able to throw away stocks? Like say if you don't want a specific stock order for the spell you want, you can throw it away and get something else?

Stock are oldest replaced first.

You don't need 3 stocks to cast spells. 1 stock has its own assignment.

You can use the aura buff to get rid of stocks.

Nine is definitely low mobility and speed. She has no dash, just strongly telegraphed teleports. 

Hm, with low mobility, I wonder how she's going to get pressure in the first place. Maybe there's going to be a move that she can use in neutral to aid her in getting in or keeping the foe out? and then there's whiffing normals in OD. 

Looking like momentum might be everything for this character. Does she even have a dp? Air dash?

The range of her normals may make up for her lack of mobility, though now that you mention it: that does beg the question if she's meant to pressure and rushdown or zone and lame it out. Given what information we have so far though, I'd say she's suited towards zoning as her normals and specials thus far seem to cater towards a defensive playstyle. Her fastest "getting in" special is 214A.

And no, she doesn't have a DP, but she has moves with reversal like properties: namely 236236C and j.214D. Her air dash is a teleport

Teleports might be normal cancelable, or they might give her playable mode a  dash or something else entirely.

1 hour ago, Frost Monarch said:

The range of her normals may make up for her lack of mobility, though now that you mention it: that does beg the question if she's meant to pressure and rushdown or zone and lame it out. Given what information we have so far though, I'd say she's suited towards zoning as her normals and specials thus far seem to cater towards a defensive playstyle. Her fastest "getting in" special is 214A.

And no, she doesn't have a DP, but she has moves with reversal like properties: namely 236236C and j.214D. Her air dash is a teleport

You might be right about her defensive play style. Nine doesn't start the round with stocks and she can't get them on whiff unless in OD. Being aggressive has its uses in the early game for Nine. If she's aggressive, she gets more stocks, thus has more options. However the range of her normals means she can play the midrange game or defensively until she builds up stocks. So in a way, she might play similar to Mitsuru (I just like having P4A references tossed in for some odd reason) in the early-goings. Then once she gets a good hit or a knockdown, you get that top-tier pressure and mix-up.

I could see Nine having trouble with Lambda/Nu (any zoner really, just using them for reference). Since they don't operate in her range, stocks may be tough to come by, and I'm questioning the usefulness of that mirror thing. I mean its great and all, but you lose your stocks and the robot girls can still zone you out with it up. Ideally in that scenario, it might be better to be aggressive. You really do have to weigh the effectiveness of spells against the ease of gaining more stocks.

At any rate, I can't wait until she releases so I can see how her gameplan plays out.

-Yeah her mobility is quite limited, She can Teleport twice in a row if she wants & After the 1st teleport-Dash she can change the direction of the 2nd teleport to her liking Ex. : 66>99 or J.66>22, She can Normal-Cancel her Teleport-Dashes but that's at last frames of it, She can -Not- do it mid-way ... but Like I said in the twitterlonger. She's more of a [Stationary Fighter]. Her Normals provide Good screen coverage, Her AAs are [Godlike], Her 214B has Upper Body Invurnability & 214D acts as a Busrt Blast | DP, Plus she has 2 Reversal DD, So she has a lot of tools to stop the opponent from approaching & Good reversals to get players off Her ...

-She also has an immense kit full of tools & Normals to cover up for the lack of mobility that she has & Her Match-Start Game is really strong thanks to her normals. She is definetly not a Strong Zoner comparing her to v-13 but she definetly has some properties that allow her to do so, For me she is more of a Pressure/Mix-up | Zoning character. She has a lot of tools to use after a Hard knockdown [3C] which allow her to Go Straight into a strong Oki Those are : [Cloud- Fire Shower], [Tree Roots], [Slyph Fairy], [Black Orb] & [Thunder Ball] These are good Oki spells & Provide amazing lock down giving her enough time to safely mix-up or Do what ever she wants [As long as you don't get hit]. She definetly will rely more on her teleports to trick the opponents up & mix him up, since she lacks a standing overhead, Since Her only overheads are "God Hand" & J.x variation normals.

-[The Clock] or [Nephrite of Demis] is a strong tool but the requierments are to much for it to be actually useful in my opinion, But if you pull if off it will offer good chunk of dmg. The move can be block & It takes around 9~11sec. for it to activate, If you get hit it goes away so it's going to be really hard to pull it off & Actually make it land for it to be useful.

[Also Note : Her High-jump is actually quite different I do not know if this is for Boss nine only but instead of High-jumping she instead lunges her self forward Similar To UNiEL, The distance was more but Just showing you how it looked so you can get the idea, You can also use normals at the last frames while traveling so her high-jump will be extremly good for going in if your not close to the opponent already, Also I do not know if you do this by doing 2>7/9 or by just doing Your standar High-Jump input 2>8]

Thanks, lots of good info. I can see her being kind of like a zoner as well. And very true, with her normals, she pobably won't need to move around much in the first place.

http://www.famitsu.com/matome/bbcf/nine.html

@xLittleLucifer

Since you were wondering about Shawl and Sea-moss Gate: 
Shawl is a strike attack, same animation both on ground and in air, is special cancelable. 
Sea-moss Gate just switches active and stock slots, has a rather short animation and can be cancelled directly into a spell, making immediate use of the magic you just switched to.

Can anyone describe what it said for "Heliodor of Submission," the water+wind spell that summons a goat head?

2 minutes ago, Fortune said:

Can anyone describe what it said for "Heliodor of Submission," the water+wind spell that summons a goat head?

Gives all of her attacks body attribute guard point; it goes away when it catches an attack or runs out of time.

So that particular spell is a buff?

What about the Seed spell from the trailer, that's  a low hitting move right?

Just now, BlackYakuzu94 said:

What about the Seed spell from the trailer, that's  a low hitting move right?

1st his is low, 2nd hit is mid. If the 1st hit whiffs, the 2nd hit becomes a low.

19 minutes ago, Tokkan said:

Gives all of her attacks body attribute guard point; it goes away when it catches an attack or runs out of time.

An interesting spell. I'm curious to see if we can make use of it for reversal safe oki. Though I guess it depends on how well it'll work against multi-hit moves. I wonder if it'll guard all hits of a multi-hit DP like Kagura's or only the first hit.