Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monarch

[CF] Nine the Phantom General Discussion Thread

@greatfernman did an extensive translation of the Famitsu article. Big thanks to him! Going through it very slowly since I'm at work right now ;.;

Nine Normals and Spells https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/5939248f-3136-4266-8407-64278eba0c89/da054378361d14d1bbc8feff8af47956
Nine Specials and Supers https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/d58336e3-7269-4b3d-ae53-4979e226a931/4ae864d164fc838da92bd6f5188c7c27

Glad to finally get some information on her.  She looks REALLY interesting to me, and I can't wait to see how she plays and possibly add her to my troupe, even though all four-five of my current characters look to be in fantastic spots in their own rights in CF.  As for opposing her, I'm glad I play Azrael.  LOL!  Woman's going to be giving me Phalanx Cannons for DAYS, especially if he can Growler the Mirror while it's up, even if she catches a Phalanx and I set off the beam.  Especially looking forward to what our own D-Link LK finds for her come console.  Happy to see my old friend form Marvel, Katsticles interested in her as well, since she's TOTALLY ASW Dorm.

@Tokkan Oh ok Thanks! Yeah I'm watching the video & Information right now.
I was going to edit my Twitterlonger Here & There since the infromation in It is bascially the same one, but it seems someone already provided you guys with the New information which is nice, Less work for me! <3 -Phew- but still I'll update mine, since mine has more in-depth information.

-Her High-Jump:
One thing that I want to point out is that What I said about her High-Jump was correct, It is not a High-Jump, It looks like UNiEL 6D system [Assualt] type of jump. So like I said her high jump is different & It's really good for when wanting to close the gap distance. [The Travel motion is an Arc]

She's looking to have some really nice palettes. #6 and #9 are looking like my style right now.

3 hours ago, xLittleLucifer said:

-Her High-Jump:
One thing that I want to point out is that What I said about her High-Jump was correct, It is not a High-Jump, It looks like UNiEL 6D system [Assualt] type of jump. So like I said her high jump is different & It's really good for when wanting to close the gap distance. [The Travel motion is an Arc]

Oh really? This is pretty neat. I'm curious to see how it's going to get used. There's another interesting movement tidbit like this in greatfernman's translations that I thought was pretty interesting. Apparently, Nine can follow up her dash with another dash and it has the ability to make her go from the ground to the air and vis versa. Very curious to see this in action. Feel like there might be some nice, cross up/cross down potential here, especially when combined with the right spells. 

EDIT: Also, there's a stream with a Nine playing arcade http://www.twitch.tv/nanajo_live

Color 6 is looking real nice. I wonder if they intentionally went for the Bayonetta vibe by making her summon giant monster fists and feet to attack the opponent.

Honestly every of her colors are looking gorgeous, but my favorites are #2, #6, #7, #11 and especially #9. Even better that the Halloween themed pale skin and the strong orange and purple are available for everyone.
Though I swear I saw the color scheme of  #6 somewhere else. Is it possible that it is referencing someone?

BTW, ASW released a special Nine content-kid with images of her and her stage, colors and emblem: http://www.blazblue.jp/cf/ac/special.html#kit
Colors #2 and #3 weren't posted yet, sooo...

Spoiler

BBCF_Nine_Palettes_1-11.png

Thanks to Kurushii!

Another question, is there any footage of her air throw, Counter Assault and Crush Trigger available yet?

9 hours ago, Danaiden said:

Though I swear I saw the color scheme of  #6 somewhere else. Is it possible that it is referencing someone?

seems like the colour scheme is referencing Orthinus from To aru Majutsu no Index NT. she hasn't appeared in any other media aside from a small cameo in a manga so you wouldn't recognise her unless you follow Light-novel trends, now that you mention it; how many other light-novel palette references went over our head?

and i hope we get some more dark-skinned colours aside from colour 5, seems everybody has a similarly ugly dark skin palette; which seems trollish to me.

Played a bit of her blind today. Didn't understand how to use her qcf or qcb specials at all. Spent a lot of time trying to figure out if I could get any cool followups off 2A > 5A > D (freeze), but all I could really get from it was A(or, B or C) > 6A(or, B or C) > jc > j.A(or, B or C) > qcbA. More air hits are definitely possibly, but a lot of the time the second one seemed to whiff. I'm bad, so there's that. I really wanted to be able to use the followup hits to generate and then use some kind of magic at the end of the combo, but the best I could do was use the seed, which I think forces the opponent to block when they land? I was fighting the CPU, so it's hard to say.

I couldn't really figure out any decent combos ending in super. I remember getting something that involved fire, and then the laser, but a lot of the laser hits dropped, so it wasn't really worth it.

She seemed like a lot of fun, and very unique compared to almost everyone post-CT. However, I'm worried she'll get boring fast because of how all of her normal buttons seem to function the same.

On another note, some guy challenged me like 10 seconds into training mode (I'd played through arcade previously) and I was about to flip out, but he turned out to be really bad. The second round I practically got a perfect on him. I may not have had any real idea how to use Nine, but I know what to expect from a bad Ragna player, and Nine's normals seem 3S Chun-Li tier (but this is a completely different kind of game, I'm not trying to imply Nine will be Chun-Li tier...god willing). Dude couldn't get in.

A few things I saw from watching a few of the match vids

3C seems like it could be a good option at round start. Round Start CH 3C > Coral of Anger (Lvl.1) > Aerial Combo
https://youtu.be/O5kZwCxOyb0?t=72

Fairy Spell also seems pretty nice for oki. Nice Counter Assault bait by the Nine Player.
https://youtu.be/O5kZwCxOyb0?t=112

Amethyst of Massacre seems to have a Sword Iris-ish hitstun effect. Seems like you can convert into a combo if we're close enough but the combo drops in this example. Seems like it's pretty good for controlling ground space  
https://youtu.be/FiuaTlMQyHw?t=74

Counter Assault is the forward kick from her Exceed Accel attack
https://youtu.be/ggjFplf1AMM?t=98

Are all of Nine's normals considered projectiles?

That platinum vs nine video, the platinum player kept using Air Persia and looked to be going through most of the normals nine was using.

I wonder if nine will have a hard time against character with projectile invuln moves.

Looks like it, air persia invuls through several of her normals and spells.  The Nine player uses OD in the beginning to build spells with her whiffs though, looks like that'll be important against match ups where her normals are hard to land i.e. vs Tao or sword thrower.

2 hours ago, Trace_L said:

Are all of Nine's normals considered projectiles?

That platinum vs nine video, the platinum player kept using Air Persia and looked to be going through most of the normals nine was using.

I wonder if nine will have a hard time against character with projectile invuln moves.

1 hour ago, ZoneroftheEnd said:

Looks like it, air persia invuls through several of her normals and spells.  The Nine player uses OD in the beginning to build spells with her whiffs though, looks like that'll be important against match ups where her normals are hard to land i.e. vs Tao or sword thrower.

Hello, this has been investigated

This isn't mentioned in the wiki, but there are actually 2 types of "projectiles". Actual projectiles (think Hazama's chains) and "projectile strikes". I actually don't know how to translate this properly, it's  飛び道具属性 and  弾属性, respectively. Platinum's Persia has invulnerabilty vs projectile strikes, but Hakumen's sword only cuts projectiles - so Hakumen can't cut Nine's normals, but Platinum can hop through them.

More at 11.

Means ignis and Ada should have problems with her normals too since they still retain the strike property? Or was that changed... Think in the Carl vs nine vid Ada seemed to still be able to attack through nine's 5b.

(apparently, nine still generates runes from hitting the dolls. I wonder if hitting Rachel's frog will give her runes.)

Tried this character for the first time today... Really gotta get used to this air dash, like I can't even attack out of IAD unless it's IAD jD (just because jD stalls your fall time). :V Also you have to input your second air dash fast (so fast that the input is basically 6~6~4~4 or whatever... no pause in between). And if you input the second air dash after she's already appeared, the air dash won't come out. Regardless, she's fun so far, so I guess I'll keep her around as a secondary for now.

I had no idea about this projectile strike thing... Does anyone know anything about Azrael / Noel / Bullet / etc projectile invincibility properties? I know Azrael eats projectiles (as he's done it to me a bunch of times as Lambda / Rachel), but what about projectile strikes?

Oh. That's pretty nice. Wonder how much mileage we can get out of the resulting wall bounce it causes when you hit it forward. I look forward to seeing how JP players end up using this extra feature of Citrine ^,^

Here's a few more things I noted from newer matches

There was uncertainty in the translation of the Famitsu article but Nine's Gravity Seed spell definitely hits the opponents when it knocks them out of the air and forces them to the ground. Might be air unblockable since the Carl player was barrier blocking when he jumped into it before he got knocked down to the ground but he could've just stopped blocking. 
https://youtu.be/Nw8ipXfzgrQ?t=515

A nice example how CH 214B leads into a full combo thanks to the wall bounce
https://youtu.be/j2OIl9D59cs?t=483

Feels like Uvarovite of Destruction has some weak tracking for 1-2 seconds, then it stops tracking and there's a brief delay before the rain of fire comes down. Seems easy to escape on its own but the blast radius is fairly large though. If Nine works in conjunction with it, she might be able to pin them down from the right setups 
https://youtu.be/j2OIl9D59cs?t=490