Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monarch

[CF] Nine the Phantom General Discussion Thread

On 9/11/2016 at 6:56 AM, TD said:

Fun character is fun. That dash is a commitment, looks like we have to know where we are going already, no waiting to react to if the foe reacts to the first teleport.

she feels fluid and very easy until it gets to the block strings and spells. Boy is there a lot to learn even after eating months of videos.

currently experimenting with her random spells super in combos, since it scales pretty good and can combo from several of the level 3 spells

Yeah thats what i feel exactly. Combos ate fine and dandy but the practice of opening up the opponent is an art in itself due to a lack of available/immediate resource.

Fighting a competant player means staggered use of kuzanite. Seen into falling j2a setups are ok but theres a glaring flaw.

If you can consistently watch kuza(stocked) she'll need to use staggered pressure to really mess with you since -seed/rain- j2A/B/C - spell link requires a very specific and odd block string.

Gravity eats chicken jumping which helps unbelievably.

Doom clock i feel is ment to help open them up if overly defensive but youll be fighting in a way youll plan for clock to fail.

Things to note hakumen AI hopped over doom clock when it activated and missed him entirely.

Skull when hit gives meter so if you feel youre going to be playing a battle of atrition it can help granted its gimmicky nature.

Hi, would anyone have any tips on how to connect 4A after 214A? I keep whiffing it as the opponent always goes a bit too after crimson raider or they recover in time where crimson raider misses. Any tips are appreciated! 

Sorry for late reply. 

Its this combo starting at 4:50 where I have to connect 4A after crimson raider and super jump shortly afterwards to continue the combo in the air. 

Also, do you know anyways that nine can break out of pressure? When I get cornered my opponent usually wipes out over 50% of my health with combos that they keep picking up because I'm trying to mash out. Specifically when facing Mai players. 

Thanks! :D