Skye

[CF] Arakune Technical and Gameplay Discussion Thread (The Combo Thread)

Right, OK. I think that was quoted by someone else. You are right in that it should be j.3D unless in the corner.

I couldn't make sense of this though:

My main issue seems to be at the end, that final j6b > jump canc > jc > jd, my next j6b whiffs because arakune is too high and/or the opponent wasn't launched by the final jd high enough. im about 50/50 with the stability of this part...anyone figure this out?

This is definitely a different combo than the one I am talking about.

18 hours ago, Kezia said:

Right, OK. I think that was quoted by someone else. You are right in that it should be j.3D unless in the corner.

I couldn't make sense of this though:

This is definitely a different combo than the one I am talking about.

Yeah It was referring to his really basic 5a starter.

5a > 6b > j6d > iad > jb > j4c > jd > land > jaa > jb > jc > jd > j6b > jCc > jd > j6b > wheel

that last j6b before the wheel often whiffs for me. Arakune is too high, or the opponent is too low. Still trying to figure out why. I often try to delay my last j6b to allow arakune to drop lower...it helps but sometimes hes just too high and the training dummy recovers and the combo drops.

47 minutes ago, GoBL1N said:

Yeah It was referring to his really basic 5a starter.

5a > 6b > j6d > iad > jb > j4c > jd > land > jaa > jb > jc > jd > j6b > jCc > jd > j6b > wheel

that last j6b before the wheel often whiffs for me. Arakune is too high, or the opponent is too low. Still trying to figure out why. I often try to delay my last j6b to allow arakune to drop lower...it helps but sometimes hes just too high and the training dummy recovers and the combo drops.

I see. There has been some discussion back and forth on the discord channel that the combo you are trying might be less stable than the combo that I was describing. It seems like most people are giving up on this combo in favour of the other one.

The other BnB combo also has the benefit of better control over positioning: if you modify it slightly you can either cross-up the opponent or not, depending on which way you need to push them to get corner positioning.

I didn't even practice the combo route you are using, this other one seems to generally be more favourable.

59 minutes ago, Kezia said:

I see. There has been some discussion back and forth on the discord channel that the combo you are trying might be less stable than the combo that I was describing. It seems like most people are giving up on this combo in favour of the other one.

The other BnB combo also has the benefit of better control over positioning: if you modify it slightly you can either cross-up the opponent or not, depending on which way you need to push them to get corner positioning.

I didn't even practice the combo route you are using, this other one seems to generally be more favourable.

I was actually under the impression that we NEEDED to know both haha, not that we could choose one or the other. So I was practicing it. Hmmm...well Ive already grinded this other combo a ton, may as well be able to do it just in case. But looks like I need to start putting some time into the bell bug route you are talking about.

Did anyone have any ideas about the fake teleport/spider grab route I was thinking of? Did you get to see the two examples from the video I linked?

6 hours ago, Kezia said:

Question about what you said here, are you saying that you can choose whether or not opponent goes over your head? One of the reasons I do the route I do is because I can choose if I want opponent to go behind me or stay on the same side. I was under the impression that with the grounded 6d route they go over your head after the jb before the 6d > bell bug

4 hours ago, GoBL1N said:

Question about what you said here, are you saying that you can choose whether or not opponent goes over your head? One of the reasons I do the route I do is because I can choose if I want opponent to go behind me or stay on the same side. I was under the impression that with the grounded 6d route they go over your head after the jb before the 6d > bell bug

after j. b j. 4c, sub j. d for j. 2d and they'll stay in front of you.

also your j. 6b is most likely whiffing because you're not letting enough hits of j. b in j. aabc connect. You want to let more connect so you end up as close to the ground as possible.

14 hours ago, 9:02 PM said:

after j. b j. 4c, sub j. d for j. 2d and they'll stay in front of you.

also your j. 6b is most likely whiffing because you're not letting enough hits of j. b in j. aabc connect. You want to let more connect so you end up as close to the ground as possible.

Thank you. I always thought it was jb[1] during jaabc, I will give more hits a try.

Ok so j2d is the reason...its the same reason the jaabc route allows you to keep the opponent in front of you. Why didn't I think of that?

Followup for Kezia:

@2:53

Breaker dave does the same thing I showed before, with the teleport spider grab. It seems to be the exact same scenario too, a j.a air to air catch. Unlike in the other video where the rachel bursts, dave completes the full combo here. I might be on to something, perhaps this is a good ja starter route.

Check out the OP guys, full thread is up and my tutorial series is complete in linked in the OP.

58 minutes ago, Skye said:

Check out the OP guys, full thread is up and my tutorial series is complete in linked in the OP.

Love you. Just sitting down to watch now. Thank you kindly.

On 10/27/2016 at 9:33 PM, Skye said:

Thank man, between you and Mr biscuits you guys are a huge help

Ok two things are driving me crazy right now.

during curse j214a in the corner, how are people deciding or determining which side they are on?

regular knock down in the corner during curse, typical follow up is 236b (invis) and while they are blocking b drill bug, you can 66 behind them in the corner, but if they are too far back you can't fit back there, how are arakune players ensuring they have space to do this in the corner? I seem to be having trouble with the training dummy being pushed back particularly after wheel/cd bug ender to a fresh curse.

edit: nvm skye answered my questions