Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CF] Platinum the Trinity General/Gameplay Discussion (Rapid Fire Edition)

BBCF_Header_General_Discussion.png

- You guys know the deal, keep it BB/Plat related and act like the civilized pedos that you are.

I don't know what everyone else's impressions are, but I really like what I see from CF Plat after watching 8C play. The halo boomerang seems amazing and she looks like a lot of fun.

Does her j.2C give her better damage now? I think I saw someone do a decent combo with that as the starter.

Really liking what I see so far, there's quite a bit of combo potential with the new OD item mechanics (items can self-cancel up to 3 times during OD). What I'm really loving about the new BB game is that they got rid of that shitty SMP mechanic, the damage penalty is there but without the hit-stun penalty.

The halo item looks really strong, if only it was a 2 hit move (additional hit on the way back). Gonna go for the MJ halo at every chance that I get. 

Not sure about j.2C having a better P1 but I know for sure that Cat Hammer 5D/j.D has better P1 and got a combo duration buff. I saw A-ru go for 5D CH > 66 5C > 6A > 22C, [66 5C > 6A > j.D] x 2, 66 5C > 6A > 236C for over 3K mid-screen. As of now in CPE, that combo would be impossible due to the combo duration from a cat hammer 5D/j.D. 

I've seen a few videos where Platinum's new heart car (236B) is a fatal counter.  However, I personally didn't see much combo potential in the FC unless it was rapid canceled or if the opponent was against the wall.  Does anyone have any insight on this?

Yeah, I doubt that you can follow it up without meter or by without being in the corner but it should be worth the meter if you do manage to land it as a FC mid-screen.

1 hour ago, Moy_X7 said:

Yeah, I doubt that you can follow it up without meter or by without being in the corner but it should be worth the meter if you do manage to land it as a FC mid-screen.

Yeah, I agree.  But I just learned a few seconds ago that the 236C is also a fatal counter.  I think that one might be a little more piratical as a fatal counter.

I've yet to see anyone use 236C in corner combos. I saw a Plat landing 236C FC but unable to follow it up, maybe he just missed the timing and I'm hoping that's the case.