Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fatewalker

Colorado GG/BB match thread *2009*

Litchi HAS to jump around, especially with your Noel always jumping in at her :P Fuck the Matrix:vbang: Dogde that!!

Your AA is pretty good, jaja. I should prolly see if I can duck under it with karacan. Or I could just chicken block. It's great in this game. I can beat Nu's 2c without Nirvana while coming from the air, so not everyone can just AA me at will. Heyyyyyyy What is Noel good at? I've seen she can do damage, but she seems to have problems with her range. Is that really the case, or whut? Still have NO idea what's going on with her.

Noels 6A has invicabilty and Nu's 2C does not.... also her 6A combos on ducking characters. she's good at short range zoning, pressure, mix up, Oki, and damage. Generally she always has the better pokes when you are in HER range. Once she is on top of you she’ll be there for a while. She has 3 standing over heads, 3 lows, a command throw that can’t be broken, is skilled at preventing jump outs, and can safely guard break you with no heat. Approaching her can be difficult since 6A is so hard to deal with in the air and on the ground. She also can escape pressure easily with her Drive moves so keeping her locked down is difficult. All her plus’s are destroyed by uppers however and she has trouble with characters who run away well like Rachel, Nu, and Arakune.

True enough. I try not to challenge AAs, anyway. Can't afford to eat the damage, knamean? So she's ~kinda~ like Jam? I know that her drive has Zappa-esque properties, with random upper/lower body invul. When do you get away/punish her/etc? I've been going about this match-up wrong, then. If I make contact with her, it sounds like it should only be on my terms, lest I get pressured for a while and cryyyyyyyyyyyy. EDIT: It also sounds like Ragna in the respect that if you burst early in the match and they get on top of you again, GGs! Guard breaks galore.

punishments: -block 3C you get a counter hit crouching combo. -mash A to hit her out of drive if she's too close, or upper.... -duck or Anti Air Muzzle Filter for a counter hit combo. -block Spring Raid for CH combo. -IB Assault Through for free combo. thats all i can think of right now. ask Don or Erik they play me. they'd know what topunishe better than me.

Thanks! If she suspects that imma try to jab her outta drive, can't she do flash kick or whatever? Not saying that it's a good idea for Noel to be spamming it, just wondering when I should attack, and when I should lay off.

well 3 things on that. she can do Flash kick or Assault Through to beat it. i don't know about other Noel players but i use her Drive from it's max range. most characters don't have the range and the speed to interupt her drive strings.

Thanks for the advice, Markus. I'm doing markedly better against scrub Noels (it's seriously this easy?), but I haven't really had a chance to play a legit Noel yet. I have some Cali player that I'm s'posed to be playing in the next day or two, so I'll letcha know how that goes whenever. Still, I thought that her drive had hella blockstun. Being able to just jab her out makes it soooooooooo much easier.

they do have really good block stun. each fallow up just has really long start up. i can't remember but i think the fastes ones are like 19f.... good luck to you sir taking on the Noels who spam 2D>6A>5A>6A>5A...

^^^ Means you eat all that blockstun PLUS meter burn (Barrier or Guard Libra) till Bloom Trigger or mix up happens, if of course you block the 2D that starts it. and on that side note......excited to see the final changes in ?BB: Continuum Shift? Litchi has a new staff stance or move off the staff, supposedly....hells yes.

Ouch. Carl gets a projectile. Imma translate the Carl portion later today, if I get some time. Hopefully he isn't garbage. A decent projectile would help out a good deal vs zoning masters like Kune. Also, an ex that heals Nirvana eddie-style would make me happy, but nothing on that. New chick looks tight. I'm reading the update thread right now, but I'll prolly give her a go. Should I even bother on making my Ragna legit? I guess we'll find out how much time we have by next Wed.

I need someone to clear this up for me...

There seems to be a bit of a split personality thing involved with the NDK VGR/tournament...

On the whole, the NDK VGR left me with a sour taste. I see C3's name attached to the NDK VGR -- or at least tournaments -- so right now there's a bit of stain on C3's name in my mind atm.

My issue comes down to this: Is the NDK VGR/tournament reflective of C3's usual modus operandi? If not, why/how was the NDK VGR not reflective of C3? If so, why should I go to a(nother) C3 tourney?

we do not go to or support c3 tournaments

without going into the long history of disasters that is c3 and dfg ran tournaments i'll just link this post which is eloquent and to the point

http://www.8wayrun.com/f51/nationals-what-went-right-wrong-t4430/page12.html#post135267

also if you do come out to colorado again post up on www.extrafresh.net none of us check this thread to be honest, i wasn't aware it existed.

we do not go to or support c3 tournaments

without going into the long history of disasters that is c3 and dfg ran tournaments i'll just link this post which is eloquent and to the point

http://www.8wayrun.com/f51/nationals-what-went-right-wrong-t4430/page12.html#post135267

also if you do come out to colorado again post up on www.extrafresh.net none of us check this thread to be honest, i wasn't aware it existed.

I already came across the 8wayrun thread about NVGA's SC4(and everything else) tournaments some time ago, while researching NDK. It's a large part of the reason why I went to lengths to pack my own BlazBlue station for NDK -- the VGR rules as posted on NDK's forums were dodgy enough as they were, then compounded by all this bad blood over NVGA/SuperCon. Also, I was going in after being stung by a somewhat-bungled BB tournament, so I was uneasy enough as it were.

But, still, I'm confused over the Dramatis Personae: who's who, did what, the stakeholders involved, and the interconnects betwixt them. Most of all, I don't want to be needlessly stepping on toes, so I'm treading lightly here.

And what is it with each BB region having its own roosting forum site? :psyduck:

i was at NDK, and as much as i enjoyed the VG room, it definetly could (and should) have been better. when i went to wasabi last march, that room was the best part. 24 hrs and plenty of consoles for everything. the setup in the hall was very enjoyable, if purely for the fact that it was pure Blazblue. i'm better on a pad (i don't have a stick) but i always welcome an opportunity to have fun while working with one. but that tournament, the only complaint i really have is that they didn't let you use your sticks. people should be performing their best at any tournament (even though i'd probably have lost even worse). it is fortunate for me that i didn't go just for the video games.

Heyyyyyyyy Nice to see a new face! Fred+Me were rockin' the BB set-up. Expect it to be even better next year. Maybe we can even have a BB tourney or sumdat.

Ocha is japanese for tea. I want you to hear her say tea every time she screams ocha in japanese from now on. Aside from that, not much I can say, since it's online play. Don't burst so early, I guess. Litchi has pretty bad damage output. Bursting makes her hit harder, and you don't want that.