Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fatewalker

Colorado GG/BB match thread *2009*

ha ha! new thread! with blaze blue out we needed a new thread. lets start a new topic: match ups! so far the match up threads on this site have posted strates manly against scrubby players. i want to see what we have to say on the topic. starting with what characters we feel are the good/bad matches for the characters we play and why. Noel's bad matches: Ragna 6/4- the Upper really kills her offense. sure she has some moves that beat out his but this match is allot of Ragna doing what he wants and allot of Noel trying to punish him. Arakune 6/4- Arakune is just freaken good. he has great pressure and runaway and deals damage.... Noel has trouble comboing him to boot. on the other had she has 2 to 3 ways out of his corner pressure. Jin- not sure if this is a bad match up yet. his uppers are good but whiff on moves like 2B and 3C..... good match ups: Tager 6/4- Sledge going through projectiles is no big deal when you don't spam Drives. he's easily punished for big damage and the match can be won easily from 5B's range (out side of A Buster's range). Rachel 6/4ish...- so far Rachel hasn't given me any issues. her only way to deal with noels pressure is 2C, and that just isn't enough. Rachel mix up and pressure is insane for short periods of time. after that she's forced to run away. plus the average damage output seems to be in Noels favor. Rachel eats big damage combos. Hakumen 6/4- Haku is too slow to deal with Noel. he's easy to punish and her mix up makes counters scary business. His damage out put can be great, but hers is consistently great.

Where were some of you other guys at? There were more setups for BB? Augh, boooo. I hoped to play more. Fate, what a lame title for a thread!

lol Tage. I didn't mind but I guess I'm used to it. Next time then! Does anyone play Bang in CO?

^^^ Prolly cuz you RAN at him the whole match and tried to 6A him to whole time, and he countered with some random D nonsense. Jugs gotcha.

k i'll add you. Erik- naw man i got my ass mixed up. need more Bang practice. and Noel dosn't try to anti air she just does it. ;P

No feedback for me from the gathering? Help the 3 day Nu player out. Been watching vids in the meantime. This replay feature is awesome, been watching replays of me and Fem's matches (Ugh Tager) to see what I screw up on, which is a lot.

Sorry Torn, didn't see you play because I was upstairs :(. Watch a lot of Goryus and X copy his strats, his zoning is ridiculous. Make sure your always looking to 2c for anti-air, start TK'ing 214d for solid overhead, practice doing 5dd, jump cancel 2dd for safer strings and variation then doing just 5dd 4dd.

Obviously BlazBlue cannot contain four hungry players...bahhh. As long as my internet is spiffy, I'll be on most nights at that same time. I'm gonna go study those vids a bit more (a lot) so I can learn a few things. Rushdown>me!

working 11 hours on 3 hours of sleep then staying up playing you guys...... meh its good times. good thing i don't work tomorrow. i need sleep. Torn- do't be so scared all the time. just lock them down before the get to you. Rushdown>Nu lockdown>rushdown characters. Erick- stop jumping in..... Dave- no more Nu. 720........ >.< Racehl player person. don't poke with 6A if people aren't jumping. and more 2C. Fatewalker- GO TO SLEEP!!!! snnnaaaaaaaake!!!!........ ZZZZzzzzz....

Racehl player person. don't poke with 6A if people aren't jumping. and more 2C.

6A > you / 2c is terrible

We should play today.