Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fatewalker

Colorado GG/BB match thread *2009*

:v:HERE COMES DAREDEVIL! :8/:

I'm fairly new to the fighting game scene in general and have been playing them regularly in the recent one and a half years since. I haven't checked out the EFL and C3 yet, but I do not know of their presence in my area. I currently live near DIA between the city limits of Denver and Aurora, but will be moving to Fort Collins roughly ten weeks from today.

I have played nearly every major fighting game since then, such as Street Fighter II: CE-Super SFIV, King of Fighters 96-XII, all of the Capcom crossover fighters, Namco's non-animu 3D fighters, Mortal Kombat II-Armageddon, Guilty Gear XX (MC, #R, and AC+), and both Blazblues. I haven't gotten into more obscure SF2/MK ripoffs or any other fighter made between 92-today that I didn't mention, but that doesn't bother me.

My skills aren't sharp enough to compete with an advanced or professional player, but I can hold my own in most cases :psyduck:. I occasionally go to an arcade in the Aurora Mall on the weekends and sometimes compete against strangers to try and beat them at their own games. Because my mom's car is wrecked right now, she is borrowing my car and I can't move around very much, but I would like to join in the fun here.

You can drop me a message if you want something more specific, I regularly check up on the site even if I seldomly post. As far as Guilty Gear and Blazblue goes, I mostly use :ZA:, :FA:, and am learning :AB: in GGXX AC+.

For Blazblue CS I main :HA: and :AR: (:LA: and :HZ: are in training). Because I know no basic BnBs or awesome combos, my playstyle tends to be a bit unorthodox :roll:. However, I am quite aware of what I'm doing and what is going on in a match. I've been sandbagged enough times to know when someone is holding back, so clean matches would be most acceptable.

So what is going on in the Centennial State right now?

:v:HERE COMES DAREDEVIL! :8/:

I'm fairly new to the fighting game scene in general and have been playing them regularly in the recent one and a half years since. I haven't checked out the EFL and C3 yet, but I do not know of their presence in my area. I currently live near DIA between the city limits of Denver and Aurora, but will be moving to Fort Collins roughly ten weeks from today.

I have played nearly every major fighting game since then, such as Street Fighter II: CE-Super SFIV, King of Fighters 96-XII, all of the Capcom crossover fighters, Namco's non-animu 3D fighters, Mortal Kombat II-Armageddon, Guilty Gear XX (MC, #R, and AC+), and both Blazblues. I haven't gotten into more obscure SF2/MK ripoffs or any other fighter made between 92-today that I didn't mention, but that doesn't bother me.

My skills aren't sharp enough to compete with an advanced or professional player, but I can hold my own in most cases :psyduck:. I occasionally go to an arcade in the Aurora Mall on the weekends and sometimes compete against strangers to try and beat them at their own games. Because my mom's car is wrecked right now, she is borrowing my car and I can't move around very much, but I would like to join in the fun here.

You can drop me a message if you want something more specific, I regularly check up on the site even if I seldomly post. As far as Guilty Gear and Blazblue goes, I mostly use :ZA:, :FA:, and am learning :AB: in GGXX AC+.

For Blazblue CS I main :HA: and :AR: (:LA: and :HZ: are in training). Because I know no basic BnBs or awesome combos, my playstyle tends to be a bit unorthodox :roll:. However, I am quite aware of what I'm doing and what is going on in a match. I've been sandbagged enough times to know when someone is holding back, so clean matches would be most acceptable.

So what is going on in the Centennial State right now?

check out Extra Fresh League and NVGA for local gatherings and such in your area. CO scene is ALL over the place out here, now if only we can get to MacArthur Blunts more frequently.........in time tho. Welcome to the scene.

Now maybe this thread will magic revive with new faces and people :D...

... :( Yep, Colorado still hates Blaz.

To help any fledging Colorado players find people to play with, we have created ourself a sub-group of extrafresh.net: Mile High Burst

You can follow, and get in contact with, the group through Twitter: @MileHighBurst

We get together weekly every Thursday and Friday and stream on twitch.tv/MileHighBurst. Anyone and everyone is invited to the events!