Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gamester

[CF & CF2.0] Rachel General Discussion & Gameplay Questions and Answers

BBCF_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Note: This is also the new Q&A thread, if you wish to view our boards previous game versions Q&A thread you can find it here: Link

Discuss and ask Questions about the latest version of Rachel here:

I thought it was time to add this now as the US also has BBCF on arcade machines this time around. With this version Rachel has has had some rather big changes and how we tackle playing her will also a change a bit, so don't hesitate to ask questions to the answers you seek. You can also find general Rachel information further below.

Notable Central Fiction Changes:

- Pumpkin has been removed and replaced by the poisoning Ivy (214B)
- Lotus will be our new Pseudo Pumpkin (22A Lotus was removed and we keep 22B)
- Wind Regeneration has slightly improved compared to CPEX (It also recovers slowly in the air)
- George Shock Time is less but has no cool down.
- Tempest Dahlia falls in at an angle and greatly recovers wind.

Notable Central Fiction 2.0 Changes:

- Example line
- Example line

Any info you believe is wrong or should be added. Just let me know and I'll sort it out.
However you can find a full run down on Final Changes and discussion on the following thread: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12099-cf-rachel-alucard-final-changelist/

Contents:

- Character Profile:

- Gameplay Summary:

- Move List:

- Commonly asked Q&A:

- Notable Links & Resources:

Character Profile: Rachel=Alucard ( レイチェル゠アルカード )

Head of the infamous Alucard vampire family, Rachel has spent countless years watching as the world repeated the same 100 years over and over. However, the world has finally broken free of the bonds that held it for so long, and Rachel is determined to put an end to Terumi with her own hands.

In the BlazBlue universe, Rachel is an extremely powerful individual, controlling wind and lightning. While she will rarely directly interfere with the events that surround Kagutsuchi, her primary goal is as an observer, and gently (or less so) nudges the pieces into their places. She has several servants under her command; Nago, a cat familiar, and Gii, a bat familiar, which serve as her weapons, furniture, and anger relief. Her butler, Valkenhayn R. Hellsing, is also notable for being a werewolf, as well as one of the Six Heroes.

• Height: 4'7"
  • Weight: 68 lbs
  • Blood Type: Unknown
  • Birthday: October 31
  • Birthplace: Transylvania

• Hobby: Tea Time
  • Dislikes: Being bored, Bell peppers and Tomato Juice

• JP Voice Actress: Ueda Kana

Gameplay Summary:
  • Health: 11,000 HP
  • Overdrive: Elfried
    - Speeds up Wind Recovery.
    - Damage increase on Baden Baden Lily and adds extra projectiles to Tempest Dahlia.

Rachel is a very unique character who specializes in keeping her opponent at a distance with a variety of projectiles and traps that make it difficult for opponents to approach her safely. She is also extremely effective at keeping the opponent in the corner, and has very intimidating corner mix-up. Her Drive, Sylpheed, makes her one of the most mobile characters in the game.

On the flip side, Rachel has very few ways to escape pressure, a very fat OTG hitbox, and most of her normals have fairly short range. She is definitely not a beginner level character and her play style may prove difficult to learn for people new to fighting games.

However, her unique play style and charm cannot be found anywhere else in BlazBlue. With a little patience and perseverance, she can be one of the most exciting and fun characters to play.

Move List:

Slypheed: Any Direction + :dbt: 
Rachel's Drive summons a gust of wind that pushes in the direction pressed. Wind is held in the Sylpheed Gauge above Rachel's heat bar. There are 4 Wind Stocks; using her Drive will consume 1 stock. Consumed wind will regenerate slowly while Rachel is on the ground.

Wind (Slypheed) does a variety of things:

• Affects Rachel's movement greatly
  • Affects Opponents movement greatly and to further effect with Lotus attached.
  • Affects the movement of Tiny Lobelia trajectory, Ivy Blossom, Barrel Lotus and George the XIII.

You can use Wind when Rachel is not being hit or blocking.

Gerbera Lute: Rachel's Exceed Accel can only be used when you have earned Active Flow Status. Usually used as a combo ender it can add on around an extra xxxx damage or if it is blocked will push the opponent away from you.

Special Moves:

Tiny Lobelia: :d::df::f: + :abt: / :bbt: / :cbt: (Can be used mid-air)
Rachel launches a seed projectile, which will turn into a rod upon hitting the ground/opponent. The trajectory depends on the button pressed; A fires the lowest, B fires somewhat upwards, C fires even higher. In the air, this is reversed; A fires the highest, and C fires the lowest. 

A maximum of 3 rods can be placed at once on screen, with the oldest disappearing if more are placed and you can also use Slypheed (Wind) to change the trajectory of a Lobelia's you fire.

Sword Iris: :d::db::b: + :cbt: (Can be used mid-air)
The rods placed by Tiny Lobelia and/or any Lotus Bats attached to an opponent are struck by lightning, damaging the opponent and shocking them on hit. Extends to the entire height of the screen. Seeds that have hit the opponent but not turned into visual rods yet will also be struck.

You can also TK (Tiger Knee) Sword Iris in the motion when on the ground: :d::db::b::ub: + :cbt: which allows for faster recovery which you can follow up with a quick dash to continue a combo or pressure on the opponent.

Ivy Blossom: :d::db::b: + :bbt: (Can be used mid-air)
Ivy Blossom is where 10 small bats come out and will latch onto the opponent to drain away their Health, by using Slypheed (Wind) to move the bats around they spread into a fan or if used in oki, the opponent can wake up standing into all 10 of them. If 1 or 2 bats attaches during Slypheed (Wind) use it can do hardly anything, but if all 10 bats are attached they will do consistent poison like damage.

Ivy has no hit box so summon carefully during mid combo and for oki.

George the XIII: :d::db::b: + :abt: (Can be used mid-air)
Summons a frog in front of Rachel. George will slowly crawl towards the direction of the opponent, and can be pushed towards the enemy with Sylpheed (Wind). Upon contact, George will start shocking the opponent (6 hits total). George will disappear if Rachel is hit by an attack, if he takes 700+ damage (George HP). [NEED TO SEE ABOUT GAUGE INFO]

George is one of Rachel's most important tools. An opponent blocking or getting hit by George is one ripe for mix-up/combos. On the defensive, if George is out on screen, Rachel can wind him towards her to escape block strings and punish overzealous opponents. He's also great to throw out after a knockdown, and contributes heavily to Rachel's corner game.

Barrel Lotus: :d::d: + :bbt: (Can be used mid-air)
Transforms Rachel's rods into bats that will track the opponent. If they touch the opponent (hit or block), all wind effects will be increased against the opponent. Useful for combos and controlling space.

Any bats attached to the opponent can be struck with Sword Iris.

Distortion Drives (DD) and Astral Heat (AH):

(DD) Baden Baden Lily: :f::df::d::db::b: + :cbt: (Can be used mid-air)
A bigger, badder, stronger version of Sword Iris. In addition to striking all Lobelia rods, lightning also surrounds Rachel, essentially turning herself into one.

Corner combos in CF often involve setting up multiple rods before combo-ing the opponent into a Baden Baden Lily for large amounts of damage. The damage can be further increased with the effect of activating Overdrive.

(DD) Tempest Dahlia: :f::df::d::db::b: + :bbt: (Can be used mid-air)
When used, Rachel summons gigantic projectiles from behind her that gust towards the opponent at an angle. The number and type of projectiles thrown out depend on how many stocks of Wind there is in the Slypheed Gauge Rachel had when she used the move; there are a total of five levels. 0 Wind (lvl 1) = Less projectiles and 4 Wind (lvl 5) = More projectiles.

Tempest Dahlia is used as a defensive DD. It is mainly used to stall for time or regain a lot of wind. It can be used to punish opponents who are recklessly jumping or air dashing in, but (due to heavy proration on the last projectile) Rachel cannot get much damage from it.

The closer Rachel's back is to the corner, the faster the projectiles will appear on screen. Also, once a projectile appears on screen, it's active frames are guaranteed.

All versions/levels are plus on block and Rachel is able to move while the super is still in progress. Thus, she can get in mix ups where both she and her opponent are obscured by King George or King Pumpkin.

(AH) Clownish Calendula: :d::df::f::df::d::db::b: + :cbt: 
Rachel's Astral Heat. She pulls down her umbrella and summons a giant red pillar. Any contact the opponent makes with this pillar is game over for them. Guard point from the freeze until the end of the move. Wind can still be used during the animation to draw the opponent closer towards the pillar but the opponent can block the attack, however you can combo into this Astral Heat in many ways.

Normals:

A: :abt: - Rachel slaps the opponent with Nago's tail. Hits twice. Jump Cancel-able. 

2A: :d::abt: - Rachel jabs with Nago's tail.

6A: :f::abt: - Rachel's cat uppercut. Has a short upper body guard point and a solid Anti-Air move. Air unblock-able. 

j.A: :j:.:abt: - Mid-air cat paw. Very fast and sneaky overhead.

B: :bbt: - Rachel summons a small vortex of Wind in front of her. Air unblock-able. Jump Cancel-able.

2B: :d::bbt: - Similar to above. Opponent must block low.

4B: :b::bbt: - Rachel swings back and stabs her opponent with a bat wing from her dress. Opponent must block high. Air unblock-able.

6B: :f::bbt: - Rachel stabs forward with a knife and fork made from her dress. Longest reaching normal, staggers on Counter Hit. On a normal hit it can be used for mix up. Air unblock-able. Jump Cancel-able.

j.B: :j:.:bbt: - Rachel stabs with a part of her dress. Opponent must block high. Part of her Mix Up game.

C: :cbt: - Short Umbrella Sword stab. Fatal Counter Hit. Air Unblock-able.

CC: :cbt::cbt: - Follow up from :cbt: (press :cbt: again). Second hit opens up the Umbrella Sword and blows back the opponent a great distance. Used in Corner Combos and/or to hit the opponent into the corner. Wall-sticks near corner. Air Unblock-able.

2C: :d::cbt: - Rachel's Cat Chair shocking Nago. Guard Point for about half a second. Very important to note, it can be very risky but can be very necessary at times as it can be used to escape pressure at times. Air Unblock-able.

3C: :df::cbt: (can hold [:cbt:] for an additional 3 hits) - Rachel spins on the ground that hits 3 times. Opponent must block low. Mostly used for Knock-down to set up George Oki, but can also be used in mix up to go into a BnB. You can manipulate movement and combos with Slypheed (Wind)

6C: :f::cbt: - Rachel spins around in mid-air towards her opponent, hitting many times. Used with Slypheed (Wind) to push Rachel forward for more hits and Corner Carry. Can be cancelled into :j:.:cbt: or a low hitting :j:.:d::cbt: Keep in mind this is Rachel's only Plus normal (+4)

j.C: :j:.:cbt: - Rachel's Umbrella Nago produces spikes. Opponent must block high. Decent Air to Air normal. If the button is held down it transitions into j.[C] as shown below.

j.[C]: :j:.[:cbt:] - Rachel then sits upon a swing and floats slowly down on her Umbrella. Descends slowly and can move her around with Slypheed (Wind) in a variety of directions.

j.2C: :j:.:d::cbt: Rachel crashes down to the ground with sitting on a spiked platform beneath her. There are Three Levels to this move.

lvl 1: Standard Hit.
lvl 2: Caused Ground Bounce on hit.
lvl 3: Causes greater Ground Bounce and has the Fatal Counter property even on a normal hit.

The j.2C levels are determined by Rachel's and the opponents momentum. You can increase this with 2D when coming down, with 8D when jumping upwards or even both. It allows you to chain into other Normals when landing so it can be used for a lot of things.

Commonly Asked Q&A:

Question:

Answer:

Question:

Answer:

No problem, I think there have been more pallet choices other than these added since then but nothing online yet to my knowledge? Also don't worry about asking any BBCF Rachel questions on your mind whatever it may be, this thread is for that :)

I have a Question on a matter of Wind Regen. As I think I've been seeing differently to what we've previously mentioned in the Change List thread.

What I've been seeing briefly of match videos is that it does not regen in the air when we jump around and whatnot. Unless we take damage on the ground and then lifted into the air during the opponents combo. Wind will continue to keep regenerating that way. TD did help regen in the air iirc seeing. (Just wanted to double check with anyone more in the know as I'm a bit out of touch atm sorry)

[Some Info/Stuff while I'm posting here:]
- Sorry to ask but if you know the JP player names in videos, feel free to make a post to fill in the gaps as I'm terrible at identifying players and can't read JP either. (Sorry about that and for asking if anyone knows) If you do know the JP to ENG text and pallet colours, I should be able to memorise them in time and figure out where they play when new videos come about, as I'm looking at making the main match ups post have the player names so if you guys happen to be looking up a specific player to watch, you can Ctrl+F and type away to find them.

- So far no news on where you wish to hold BBCF MU discussion but feel free to do so here and any details I will copy over when I find out what's up with the MU sub board exactly.

- Other than that above, I've filled out the Q&A section of this thread, if you notice any mistakes feel free to point them out :)

- If you have any feedback in general or anything you feel is on your mind to further improve the Rachel Board. Feel free to make a post in the feedback thread (with tweak the intro soon) http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12092-other-board-feedback-rachel-board-proposed-ideas-feedback-thread/

I remember people were wanting to talk about matchups / BBCF Rachel opinions a while back. But so far I don't think anyone has posted anything? Thought I might as well start it up, and hopefully some of you guys will join in? (there's no matchup threads for BBCF yet, which is why I'm posting here).

Fought a good amount of Nine last weekend. The matchup was a lot easier than I thought. Just have to be able to safely get lobelia's on the screen. Nine's movement is rather slow, so putting a few staggered lobelias (turned into lotus) on the screen, pretty much guarantees a pretty favorable position. The biggest obstacle is getting those lobelias on the screen while also avoiding any chance of allowing her to get spells that can hurt your ability to set projectiles. Also, getting stuck in the corner vs Nine sucks since you really can't do anything (though that may have been due to my inexperience vs really good Nine pressure). OD is usable though, so I think it's really important to hold onto your burst in this matchup. Fortunately, if you catch Nine without a DP stock, you can also lock her down pretty easily as well, so I guess that's not really a disadvantage. In terms of the matchup as a whole though.... I think it's pretty even.... or maybe even 5.5 for Rachel. Wondering what you guys think of the matchup so far?

From just videos alone (so definitely take this with a HUGE grain of salt), I agree that there's nothing about the matchup that seems particularly in Rachel or Nine's favor, just more a matter of who can gain the momentum first.  Of the three new characters, Naoto looks the easiest to deal with and the  matchup definitely seems to be in Rachel's favor (Naoto seems to struggle with zoners in general, actually), Nine is in the middle, and Hibiki looks like he could pose some problems, especially once he has 50 meter due to that teleport super.

Nine looks scary as shit lol even in neutral after she starts getting spells. With her high jump and tricky teleports I'm not sure how hard it will be in the future to keep advantage against nine in neutral past the first encounter of each round. Spells that worry me in neutral are pure wind spell (very fast fullscreen wind beam), the projectile reflecting mirror, guard point goat head (meh?), maybe the big kunzite Rock in midrange. She also has the non-spell, tracking God-hand. I'm definitely thinking 5-5 now with the potential to get worse but we will see.

outside of his decent pressure hibiki looks quite easy to fight. He needs to spends extra resources just to make that tracking supers safe so it's a huge gamble without (though against rachel the super should generally be useful). Neutral seems very meh, wasn't he supposed to be fast? She looks to keep him out very well, clones are slow enough and limited in space control, and he's only average speed: 236xd alone should be pretty good in this fight

Yeah those spells are dangerous.  It's kinda like a race to see who can get their tools out first (Lobelias/Lotus or Spells). Also you don't have worry too much about God-Hand tracking. It's tracking is really, really slow. If you're running away from Nine or running toward her, it probably won't hit you.... It still can be used to punish your 236B/C attempts or George summon, but personally I've seen Nine's try to use the explosion rush attack (don't know the input) to get in close / avoid 236B, 236C, j236A / while also giving her a chance to attack. It sounds crazy, but they use it. lol. Mostly because Nine probably wants to be somewhat close to Rachel anyways.

Hibiki is whatever to me... though most of the Hibiki's I've played weren't really amazing, so I don't have really good Hibiki exp either. I just set George whenever I can and stay by him. It will hurt a lot of Hibiki's teleport options. Aside from that, just remember to block the side swap attack which I seem to always fail to do. :V  He's probably more of a threat at higher levels, but so far I think I am still at 100% win ratio vs Hibiki. lol.

So... ivy blossom. Its use has become more apparent these past few weeks. Corner combos involving ivy really hurt. 600 damage per ivy+up wind gives very reliable 3.5k and upwards of 4.5k with the good starters. Most corner combos with ivy loop and 50 heat for BBL add 1200 unprorated damage to a combo.

Seems very good when the foe is low on life in neutral. It doesnt have great synergy with her combos outside of the loop, and seems insignificant if pretty much all the bats do not hit the foe in 1 wind - seems hard to do without a setup.

My verdict is that it is very good combo fodder. Very late game it becomes threatening with wind, otherwise stick with lotus bats to threaten the foe .

Few stuff I noticed in some recent N-O matches

Confirming winded lotus hit into a full combo. Looks like it needs to be done from the air so far though
https://youtu.be/g77Nsq2FY3U?t=423

Izanami's teleport sliding low kick can punish Tempest Dahlia fullscreen on reaction it seems
https://youtu.be/g77Nsq2FY3U?t=467

New combo ender I've been seeing N-O use here and there to get oki after 5CC midscreen. Costs an additional 2 wind to do though
https://youtu.be/g77Nsq2FY3U?t=1956

All right guys. I've been a busy beaver since I've returned from Japan. Just to give everyone a head's up, I've

1. Set up CF Rachel's movelist on the Dustloop Wiki Page. I've also updated move descriptions where necessary to reflect the changes in CF
  2. Filled out CF Rachel's combo section on the Dustloop Wiki. I'll keep adding new stuff as I see them in match and give extra details as I come across them
  3. Made and posted a CF Rachel Mixup, Pressure and Oki guide
  4. Made and posted a CPEX -> CF Rachel Transition Guide

That pretty much ends almost all the work I had planned for building our CF Rachel Resources. The last item on my list is a CF Rachel Matchup Guide but this is a lot of work and a long term effort. I can only hope that most of it will be done by console release. I'll probably post it even if it's incomplete before then just so people can make use of the info that I have so far. But until then, I ask for you patience, Onegaishimasu (One day, I'll level up and actually start writing this stuff in Japanese characters., lol)

Well, that's enough blabbering from me, I've got  more work to do building BBCF Resources. If you guys need me for anything or want to point out a mistake I made somewhere, you know where to find me! (Here!!!)

I have not really played this game since CS2 and I didn't really get to into CP. I'm wondering how I should go about learning Rachel now, since she's so different from her CS counterpart now. What are the best ways to approach now without Pumpkin? What are her best starters/combo routes now? Is the corner still where she shines? Any other tips, as I'm going to go about this as learning a new character completely.

3 hours ago, tofurr said:

I have not really played this game since CS2 and I didn't really get to into CP. I'm wondering how I should go about learning Rachel now, since she's so different from her CS counterpart now. What are the best ways to approach now without Pumpkin? What are her best starters/combo routes now? Is the corner still where she shines? Any other tips, as I'm going to go about this as learning a new character completely.

interesting, I played vanilla, then didn't play until CP thats when I really committed and learned rachel (and picked up arakune too).

approaches seem to be using lobel, barrel lotus (the new barrel lotus acts like pumpkin used to...sort of...), and sword iris placement of course...don't forget just plain old good movement and wind usage.

Yeah, corner is still ideal of course for her, the new poison bats really shine there.

as for best starters, pretty sure its the non short starters basically, so for example 2b. aaaand as for routes, rurouni provided a really awesome chart with all the ideal routes, id check it out. THeres a couple good vids too.

Hi, 

Would anyone have some tips for me as I pick up Rachel as a second character? I attempted to play her in BBCPEX but didn't get very far. I've been playing on stylish mode lately since I like the character but I would like to play her properly. I know she has a very high learning curve so is there anything I should start of practicing? In terms of combos or familiarising myself with any particular moves? I've tried looking on you tube to see how Rachel players go about their game-plan but their combos look over the top for me, so what I am asking is are there any BnB routes that I should know too? Thanks :)

12 hours ago, JYaham95 said:

Hi, 

Would anyone have some tips for me as I pick up Rachel as a second character? I attempted to play her in BBCPEX but didn't get very far. I've been playing on stylish mode lately since I like the character but I would like to play her properly. I know she has a very high learning curve so is there anything I should start of practicing? In terms of combos or familiarising myself with any particular moves? I've tried looking on you tube to see how Rachel players go about their game-plan but their combos look over the top for me, so what I am asking is are there any BnB routes that I should know too? Thanks :)

2A > 5B > 5CDC > 214A

Every Rachel starts here and works their way up. Midscreen it'll end in fullscreen knockback and allow you to practice the fullscreen away aspect of Rachel while in the corner, you'll be able to continue pressure afterwards so you'll get to practice oki, mixup and pressure (See the guide I posted in this forum for more info on that)

If I had to sort Rachel's combos prioritizing the easiest to learn so you can slowly build your way up, it would look something like this personally
frog and sword iris starters -> 6A starter -> air to air j.B starter -> Meterless corner BnBs from IOH j.A and 2B -> and then midcsreen BnBs involving 6A > delay jc j.A > j.B > j.C > 6A and corner Ivy Blossom combos  

Other than that, I don't really have much else to say really. I mean I could say a LOT of things about Rachel but when you're learning a more technical character like Rachel, it's usually better to just go and play and take things one step at a time. As you encounter problems, take note of what's it giving you trouble and then try and find answers for them. If you can't find the answers on your own, feel free to ask questions here or in the discord. I'm sure you'll have a million of them but we're all here to help you out. The attitude and mindset to continually review your own play, identify problems and solve them one way or another is ultimately the most valuable thing you need right now.

On 11/25/2016 at 11:51 AM, RurouniLoneWolf said:

2A > 5B > 5CDC > 214A

Every Rachel starts here and works their way up. Midscreen it'll end in fullscreen knockback and allow you to practice the fullscreen away aspect of Rachel while in the corner, you'll be able to continue pressure afterwards so you'll get to practice oki, mixup and pressure (See the guide I posted in this forum for more info on that)

If I had to sort Rachel's combos prioritizing the easiest to learn so you can slowly build your way up, it would look something like this personally
frog and sword iris starters -> 6A starter -> air to air j.B starter -> Meterless corner BnBs from IOH j.A and 2B -> and then midcsreen BnBs involving 6A > delay jc j.A > j.B > j.C > 6A and corner Ivy Blossom combos  

Other than that, I don't really have much else to say really. I mean I could say a LOT of things about Rachel but when you're learning a more technical character like Rachel, it's usually better to just go and play and take things one step at a time. As you encounter problems, take note of what's it giving you trouble and then try and find answers for them. If you can't find the answers on your own, feel free to ask questions here or in the discord. I'm sure you'll have a million of them but we're all here to help you out. The attitude and mindset to continually review your own play, identify problems and solve them one way or another is ultimately the most valuable thing you need right now.

What he said is probably the best answer.

If you want to know what I did personally (been playing her since CP, messed around with her in vanilla)

I started with her throw combo. Why? Just like in CP, her default throw route (midscreen) involves doing all her basics

1) using wind to position opponent while they are airborne

2) 5b while they are floating and going into her basic routes, in this case its instant air dash jb jc land 6a...and of course 6a lobel microdash 3c iris, between the two of those you have very basic rachel concepts, 6a > lobel > microdash 3c > iris has been a rachel thing like forever now.

3) get used to doing 6a 4b 5cc, until you stabilize the 6a lobel microdash 3c iris stuff, you can usually replace with 6a 4b 5cc, 

4) get used to (like rurouni said) putting down frog, poison bats, lightning rods when you have space to work with, like after a knockdown.

5) get used to blockstrings like 5a/5b[more stuff] j2ad (opens guard) jb 5b/5c as an overhead starter, you basically aren't Rachel until you can do this. This has been around forever too.

But again what I did personally was do her throw route. I did it over and over (almost pulled my hair out a couple times) until I got the concepts and timings down. Heres what it would look like for you:

grab 7d after the lolita slap (lifts opponent and vacuums them towards you)

66 5b around your height, you gotta work on the timing here

6a instant air dash jb jc

6a a-lobel  microdash 3c iris microdash 4b 5cc (again can be replaced with 6a 4b 5cc)

once you get used to this you will find yourself in various situations ending up here and doing it alot (not the throw obviously but what comes after).

Yeah sorry. Rachel is just one of those characters. Kinda hard to envision her as a secondary character because shes so demanding (and im not just talking about her attitude) but...it is what it is.

So actually I have two questions of my own.

against a crouching opponent, if 2a/2b lands, what is the ideal route? I haven't really seen something on this. you can't go into 5b j3db jc because they are crouching. Is it (for ex:) 2a 5bdb 3c 8d 6a iad jb jc 6a lobel or something like that? 2 wind sounds kinda brutal for a measly 2a starter but if i dont use that 8d i have to stop at 3c...is that just how it is?

in the corner, if during pressure you land 3djb what is the ideal followup here? do you spend a second wind just to press against the wall? 3djb 5b 5cdc <standard corner followup) seems inefficient or do I just need to accept it?

Sorry for the late reply but I haven't had much time to sit down and play Rachel yet. I asked around for you though on the first question.

To Quote Arm:

2b 5b 3c 9d 5b 6a iad jbc 6a 236a 663c 214c 665cc
with 2a starter im pretty sure you have to cut it short after the iad into 6a 4b 5cc
oh theres a list of chars that get hit by 2b 6b j3dab 665b 6a jabc 6a 236a 663c 214c 664b 5cc
if its possible i much prefer that route personally

I'll ask about the list of characters, I'm curious myself :)

EDIT: @GoBL1N Quick list made by Arm:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qgv39hgAfWCOLLVCvMvGdvy44IlRnR0PfS-4C069C2k/edit 

For the second question I am a little unsure, so don't quote me on this lol. I think you can do j.3DB > 5B > 6A > possibly 4B > oki for a shorter route??? But If you're going for an Ivy Blossom route or want to do something with stuff > 5CC >, depending on your distance you will need to use another wind stock to get close to connect 6C after the 5CC.

I suppose if you're a little further away from the corner but just about in range where you can still connect 6C after 5CC. You could do that 6C > j.236B > land 5B  and/or was it 5CC routes.

Sorry I am not very helpful atm. I need to get round to learning CF Rachel myself >__< 

Any problems with the second question I'll ask around again, or when I get the time myself (hopefully soon) hit up training mode and figure things out :)

Any tips on the instant air dash and holding j.C to confirm into j.B? I skipped CP and these things are giving me the most trouble. 

@swordiris I have also had this feeling there the j.B doesn't seem to come out when you do IAD > j.B > j.C > etc. (Is this the combo route you are talking about)

It sounds silly but you could be inputting j.B too fast in the above route. Give it some delay and it should come out and connect for you to then follow up with j.C etc.
(Don't worry, I have hardly played any CF myself so I'm trying to learn again from sratch, a lot of people migrated to the Rachel Discord and I've hardly updated this Rachel board sorry)