Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kamui Moon

The NEW Ohio Thread: LET'S GO SH_!

Welcome to a state with gray skies 300 days per year and no job opportunities! despite that, we have some fierce competition here, so join in on the fun.

we have an arcade that features frequent tournaments and get-togethers and it's a great value to get in, too. Arcade Legends is really doing a lot for our scene right now, so do anything you can to support it. thursdays at AL feature a discount if you come to play casuals ($4 entry is amazing). just tell Jesse that you're there for whatever game you main to receive your discount.

http://arcadelegendsohio.com/

5951-3 Boymel Dr

Fairfield, OH 45014

513-874-8766

UPCOMING EVENTS:

AL Ranbats Season 2!

BB, GG, T6

Nov. 21st, Dec. 12th, Jan. 23rd, Feb. 20th

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=212605

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7551

Power Up 2010

GG, other stuff no one cares about (BB)

May 28-30. Arcade Legends

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7961

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=219177

let's get a more updated matchmaking thread with people that are still around.

Name:

Contact info:

Mains:

Other games:

Travel: (post if you need someone that actually does travel to pick you up)

Bowling Green

Name: Koopa_Klawz (Andrew)

Contact info: AIM: XxGiga4xX

Mains: BBCT

Other games: SSBB: Bowser/Snake SSBM: Mewtwo if there are any good active fighting games in Ohio (or Michigan) please let me know.

Travel: parents (still need license and car)

Name: Darkonis (Ben)

Contact info: AIM- Drago872006 Cell- ask for it.

Mains: :SL:

Other games: Halo 3, TF2(X360), and other 360 games.

Travel: I can drive to places nearby more often that distant places, mainly cause I work 2 jobs and I need to have gas. I will go to tournaments more often but if a Halo tournament is coming up around that time it shall come before GG. I can pick up people around Miamisburg, West Carrolton, and Centerville area nowhere farther than that though and will need gas money if i do.

Cincinnati

Name: Mow

Contact info: AIM - adlksjre (yes that's actually my AIM name)

Mains: Litchi in BB and I play a fucking PRO Dizzy in AC. Just ask that guy that I Gamma Ray'd at the last AL RanBat.

Other games: Chip in Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers. Dale is a faggot and deserves to be thrown into mechanical dogs, cacti, and off ledges.

Travel: I have a car.

Name: Ryan a.k.a. Tuna

Contact info: aim: TheReallyBigTuna

Mains: in BB :TG:

:CH::PO::ZA: in GG, though I haven't really played much since reload, so I suck

Chun-li and Dan in SFIV

Other games: Will glady play lots of older fighting games like JoJo's, Project Justice, Third Strike and the like

Name: Walker (Ian Hunter)

Contact info: 903-388-0445 (Text)

AIM: HORSEtheIan

Mains: BB: Hakumen, Bang

SF IV: Akuma, Gouken

3rd Strike: Akuma, Ibuki

GG: Want to play HoS

Other games: DotA/HoN DOTA/HON Screen Name: Rainbowhugs

Name: ELC/Epic (Aaron)

Location: Alexandria, KY (closer to OH than than anywhere else in KY)

Main: GGXX^C+: Ky, Pot, and Chipp; SSBM: Kirby and Link

Other games: Fighting-Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur

Shooting-Time Splitters

Other-Bomberman series, Tetris series

Travel: Depends on any scheduling conflicts I may have. More likely for you to visit me than for me to visit you.

Cleveland

Name: Kamui (Eric)

Contact info: aim: kamuisucks. PMs.

Other games: SFIV (CA/AB), ST (Fei-Long)

Travel: Yes. post up for carpooling to events. there's always room in my minivan!

Name: Josh Ballard

Location: Oberlin College, most likely Columbus during summer/winter now

Contact info: My AIM's right here (don't ask about the handle, dumb story =P), PMs, the usual

Main: :AB:

Other Games: SF4 (Seth), BB (v-13), ST/HD Remix (Balrog main, many alts), all sorts of random poverty, looking into Marvel (Anakaris/Ironman/x), would be down with GG Generations if available.

Name: [|EX|Testament], Unreal EnTiTy, or Bob. Take your pick.

Contact info: Look to the left this post. Also:

Windows Live - Unreal EnTiTy 0

Mains: :TE:; :KY:

Other games: [Third Strike|Dudley;Ryu][sFIV|Ryu;Blanka][soulcaliburIV|Siegfried;Amy][MeltyBlood:AC|Nanaya Shiki;Walachia][blazBlue|Jin;Litchi] Any other fighting games, I'd be glad to try!

Travel: Sadly I don't drive, so any pick-up/drop-off offers are greatly appreciated.

Name: Atlaus, Edgar, Chupie. (I honestly don't give a shit what people call me so feel free to think of something or whatever lol.)

Contact info: Miketo@live.com (You could email or IM me from here.), XBL GT: Atlaus, PSN ID: Atlaus. I also have a Facebook if you wanna make contact there.

Mains: :MA:/:JO:

Other games: BB: (Hakumen/Tager),HDR (Deejay/Boxer), SF4 (Viper/Rose), HnK (Mr. Heart/Kenshiro) TvC (Yatterman/Roll/Batsu/Souki), SF3 (Urien/Hugo), Garou (Butt/Tizoc). Casually play a few more things like random KoF games, SC, and MvC2.

Travel: Not yet. Will have a car within the next few weeks if all works well.

Columbus

Name:Chippy(James)

Contact info: AIM:skroach89

Mains: :ZA:

Other games:SF4(GO), SSBM(G&W), BB(CA/13lawls)

Name: Zez (Adam)

Contact info: Contact Chippy

Other games:

Travel: I can drive and pick people up if needed.

Dayton

Name: doragonkoroshi (Matt)

Main: :TE:

Other games: anything. wants to try GGG with someone. Plays Rachel in BB

Travel: only to Japan

Name: Delpheous (Jason)

Contact info: PM's thanks.

Mains: :AB:

Other games: BB (Noel), 3rd Strike (Dudley, Elena), SF4 (Ken-non flowchart lolz), Mahvel (IronMan/MegaMan/Capcom, Cable/Megaman/Capcom, Blackheart/Cable/Capcom...), VF (Lion), and anything else is fairly casual/not at even close to a level to be considered competitive. Will still play though.

Name: Dizzynecro

Contact info: PM for cell number if I know you.

Mains: :DI:

Other games: BB (Rachel), 3rd Strike (Oro), Dat Mahvel (Rogue, Blackheart, Tron)

Name: Otter

Contact info: This thread.

Other Games: BlazBlue (Taokaka), Mahvel (Storm/Cable/CapCom... or low tier madness), Brawl (Falco/DK/Pit), SF4 (Ryu/Balrog)

Name: DonPatch (Nick)

Main: :AB:

Travel: not until I get my brake lines fixed

Name: Matt / Matthias

Contact info: AIM: Ch0pperdave2021

Mains: Tager in BB

Other games:

Travel: Needs rides.

will update this as frequently as possible!

Rambo: First Blood Part II. Name: doragonkoroshi (Matt) Location: Lebanon (between Cinci and Dayton) Contact: 513-235-7310 Main: Testament Other games: anything. wants to try GGG with someone. Plays Rachel in BB Travel: only to Japan

Name: Josh Ballard Location: Oberlin College, most likely Columbus during summer/winter now Contact info: My AIM's right here (don't ask about the handle, dumb story =P), PMs, the usual Main: ABA Other Games: SF4 (Seth), BB (v-13), ST/HD Remix (Balrog main, many alts), all sorts of random poverty, looking into Marvel (Anakaris/Ironman/x), would be down with GG Generations if available.

Name: Delpheous (Jason) Location: Dayton Contact info: PM's thanks. Mains: A.B.A. Other games: BB (Noel), 3rd Strike (Dudley, Elena), SF4 (Ken-non flowchart lolz), Mahvel (IronMan/MegaMan/Capcom, Cable/Megaman/Capcom, Blackheart/Cable/Capcom...), VF (Lion), and anything else is fairly casual/not at even close to a level to be considered competitive. Will still play though.

according to Marn, their first match is... D-4 Block - Shounen (TE) / Woshige (MI) / N-O (VE) vs Europe Block - Marn (ED) / FlashMetroid (JA) / Steve Harrison (KY) it is Marn, so there's around a 99.999% chance that he's bullshitting, but still. lol if that really is their first match. Mac, are you gonna be able to house anyone next weekend for the ranbat?

Name: Dizzynecro Location: Dayton Contact info: PM for cell number if I know you. Mains: Dizzy :DI: Other games: BB (Rachel), 3rd Strike (Oro), Dat Mahvel (Rogue, Blackheart, Tron) Yeah and my stick broke.

So Fred, I heard your stick broke. SBO GG time in like A DAY! Go Sean Howard's team and Blacksnake's team. I can never find this thread anymore because I'm looking for the old thread title. I want to play GGG. Josh Balla(rd), come to AL ranbat next week and maybe we can play some GGG. Eric, you're welcome to, but you don't seem all that excited about the idea. Of course this is only tentative as I'm not sure if I want to go or not. It should be read as "I'll try to go if you guys decide to."

I'll play it, hos is just annoyingly bad though. /Sol or #RSol for me. Matt from Cbus and I are definitely gonna be there though. let me know if you want a ride Josh. I've got a real good feeling about Sean's team, not just because it's the team I'm obviously rooting for. the matchups are looking good. Sean's definitely up first and if the other team sends up RF, we're in business. Sean can take him out, but Karun might pose a problem. in comes Jan to save the day. FAB mirror probably won't be so good, but Latif vs. FAB? lol. I don't know if I can say the same for Blacksnake's team to be honest. best of luck to them anyways! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!

I'll play it, hos is just annoyingly bad though. /Sol or #RSol for me. Matt from Cbus and I are definitely gonna be there though. let me know if you want a ride Josh.

I've got a real good feeling about Sean's team, not just because it's the team I'm obviously rooting for. the matchups are looking good. Sean's definitely up first and if the other team sends up RF, we're in business. Sean can take him out, but Karun might pose a problem. in comes Jan to save the day. FAB mirror probably won't be so good, but Latif vs. FAB? lol.

I don't know if I can say the same for Blacksnake's team to be honest. best of luck to them anyways! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!

Yeah, FAB's probably never played a good eddie before...

They put America up against some monsters though right? Not that there's a team in the tournament that I'm not scared of.

Eddie vs Pot is a laughably bad matchup. I've certainly seen my fair share of clutch FAB wins (over the likes of Isa and Ogawa), but I've just got a good feeling about this. I think the bracket draws are entirely fair. each and every team in SBO is scary as shit this year.

They put us against a lot of the best known GG players...even to people outside of GG... But....the flip side to this is that there shouldn't be any pressure on our guys now. If any of the two teams (I'm like Matt..not rooting for our "third" team) breaks through the first round....that's a huge accomplishment. One and done tournament settings are already very quirky...but if they can beat these guys then at least our top dudes deserve to be in conversations at least. I believe in our two teams though. Can't ever let go of faith.

One and done tournament settings are already very quirky...

I really don't agree, especially since this is a team tourney. you need consistency, and honestly, have you ever seen an SBO winning team that seems weak?

I really don't agree, especially since this is a team tourney. you need consistency, and honestly, have you ever seen an SBO winning team that seems weak?

izu in 3rd strike, 1st year of sbo. last year's winning team was more upper-mid than top of japan also. makoto is basically the perfect character for 1 game

team KOF in sf4 was kinda random too, did gosho ever do shit in this game before? and again, rufus & viper are perfect fits for 1 game.

kubo not even making top 8 in fate or tvc, i know that isn't teams but still

arizona cardinals in the super bowl, that's 1 game single-elim ya know

but ANYWAY!

eric let's play tonight and follow the updates

Hey can BB noobs be in the OP? Otter Location: West Carrollton (Dayton) Contact info: This thread. Games: BlazBlue (Taokaka) Mahvel (Storm/Cable/CapCom... or low tier madness) Brawl (Falco/DK/Pit) SF4 (Ryu/Balrog) I may come to the A.L. Ranbat and am going to Naptown for sure. I am also willing to host if anyone wants to play, its just hard to plan because I work weekends.

SH_'s team down :(

This is a sad day for GG players all over...

Ohio.

Seriously bummer though. I love that guy, and I know he was really trying to be ready for anything. Do you know what the match went like?

Also, agree with Josh Ballard's post. Makoto is one of those characters that just does a lot of damage if you guess wrong once or twice. Don't know as much about 4, but Abel and Viper are all about mixups too as far as I know. Still, with teams I don't think single elim is a bad format.

I just don't think they care enough to distinguish who all of the gaijin players are. it's still a sad day. I really did think we had a good chance. :/ oh well. Johnny/Bridget in top 4? awesome.