Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kamui Moon

The NEW Ohio Thread: LET'S GO SH_!

srk dayton is hungry for some GG, nick. go teach them. we can't really blame ben for not going anywhere to play games, as nobody's really been gathering most of the summer. hopefully we show him there's still interest in the game and that will convince him to get back into it.

I hope you'll understand matt when I say how ridiculous I've always thought it was to post on the street fighter boards to try and talk about guilty gear, but at this point I'm pretty much willing to do whatever to find some people to get matches in with. I might consider getting an account on there if this doesn't pick up soon.

I only understand that you don't really understand what goes on on srk. Dayton thread is just a more active local thread like this. We talk about random stuff sometimes, and sometimes we talk about getting together and playing games. Sure most of the forums are centered around sf, and most of the people there are coming from an sf background, but that doesn't mean they're all sf4 and 3s heads. Actually the Cincinnati thread is mostly Tekken players. Also, all of the people on srk dayton that want to learn Guilty Gear don't see the point in joining dustloop when they're already a part of a fighting game forum. My experience is that srk members see srk more as a universal fighting game forum than simply sf4 or 3rd strike or ST or what have you. So... when I'm on srk, I basically ignore everything except the tournament threads and the local threads. I don't bother with trying to get on a general FG discussion and say how good GG is and how stupid they are for not playing it. I mean, Jason and I both main GG, but we post a lot more on srk just because it's more active. And remember, Ohio is MIDWEST.

Name: Darkonis (Ben) Location: Miamisburg, OH Contact info: AIM- Drago872006 Cell- ask for it. Mains: :SL: Other games: Halo 3, TF2(X360), and other 360 games. Travel: I can drive to places nearby more often that distant places, mainly cause I work 2 jobs and I need to have gas. I will go to tournaments more often but if a Halo tournament is coming up around that time it shall come before GG. I can pick up people around Miamisburg, West Carrolton, and Centerville area nowhere farther than that though and will need gas money if i do. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Anyways let's put it this way I still like BB a lot but I just haven't touched my 360 in a while. I hardly have played anything on it, mainly cause I went through a period of not even playing any game what so ever unless someone wanted me to. Anyways now I've been playing a lot of GG especially on my PSP so that way I can practice stuff in the downtimes at work. It's been helping a lot. Also I don't get on DL that much anymore cause I hate waiting for my mom's POS Dell to load up.... but anyways I think the last 2 days Nick and I have put about 6-8 hours of playing in.... I kinda want to get together soon, maybe this weekend meaning I get paid on friday and I should have some cash from selling my acoustic and mowing the lawn. So let's figure out when and where to go to this weekend and play some games. And I mainly have been playing a lot of GG cause I got more into it playing with people and playing in the tournament at Otakon.

I got a friend that's leaving town next week, so I'm trying to hang with him this weekend. This means I won't be available for GGz, but if you need my help setting something up, let me know. This is killing me though, all of my evenings and weekends keep getting eaten up and I can't play the guilty gears.

hmmm i dont think im gonna do any games this weekend now. i would like to but i dont think i can now. too much to do for some money.

hmmm i dont think im gonna do any games this weekend now. i would like to but i dont think i can now. too much to do for some money.

plans for next week? y/n?

i have no plans as of yet for next week. other than work on monday and tuesday 430pm-830pm, wednesday 6pm-12am, thursday 4pm-5am, saturday 12pm-6pm, and sunday 630pm-12am. i mean on sunday and like wednesday night i dont even care if someone wanted to come to my work and brought a small tv, ps2 and ggxxac with them to play with me while i work lol.

she most certainly does have aegis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4OpiRnvrg0

F Len is definitely the best version of her, and she can be solid, but she's still pretty much bottom tier.

aegis reflector comes with multiple hits and mixups and unblockables. this is not aegis reflector. also, i was talking about waiting for a second opinion before i play the game. melty blood combos are so boring.

shrug. if you didn't like MBAC, you probably won't like MBAA either. who actually practices melty combos anyways? lol. 2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2cjbjcjbjcairthrow

sooo yeah i guess if something happens within the next 30 days someone should definitely let me know cause for some dumb ass reason my mom thinks i'm lying to her and gave me 30 days before she kicks me out... sooo much fun. but yeah def lemme know if something happens within that time cause im prolly gonna be on the streets after that.

been so damn busy with life haven't had time to stop by and say whats up. hit me up for games some time suckas.

sooo yeah i guess if something happens within the next 30 days someone should definitely let me know cause for some dumb ass reason my mom thinks i'm lying to her and gave me 30 days before she kicks me out... sooo much fun. but yeah def lemme know if something happens within that time cause im prolly gonna be on the streets after that.

wait, what? what were you lying to her about? stealing her wine? if you're working two jobs or whatever, can't you get a place? have you finished school yet? seems like you shouldn't be worrying about gg until you have other stuff figured out, but i'll post up if anything's happening.

I haven't lied to her about anything lol. And the wine thing.....I dunno what the hell that was for....I hate wine except sake. And right now I have bills up the ass so I really can't get a place. I'm sure if I do get kicked out I'm going to end up moving in to my grandparents house. With school.....well I'm not going to there anymore cause I'm out of money and I can't get scholarships or anything. But I will continue to play games and stuff just mainly cause I love competitive gaming, just like with Halo I'm still going to play in tournaments and stuff for it just cause that's my ambition I guess.

Blazblue is terrible. I'd rather be playing SF4, 3S, MVC2, or GG. At least those take a certain level of skill, and reading of the opponent, instead of figuring out one gimmick.

Hello all. TN is having a MAJOR tourney come January 9th called Kumite in Tennessee: Revival (KiT:R) and it features a guaranteed $1000 pot for both Street Fighter 4 AND Tekken 6!!! But that's not all, THERE WILL BE BOTH A GUILTY GEAR: ACCENT CORE AND A BLAZBLUE TOURNEY AS WELL!!!

For all info and hype, post here----> http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7252

See ya there.......

Blazblue is terrible. I'd rather be playing SF4, 3S, MVC2, or GG. At least those take a certain level of skill, and reading of the opponent, instead of figuring out one gimmick.

So you should be able to win BB tourneys then? Its free money and no skill needed.

where u been at James? tried to get ahold of u a few times, all good, get at when applicable (probably friday at the earliest)